A Beautiful Enigma (VMIN FF)

By mystiqueforce

|| COMPLETED|| VMIN FF Jimin is what you describe an extrovert. He is outgoing, extremely talkative for his o... More

Prologue
Planet of the Crepes
Different
Reactions
Strawberries
Ripe
Miracle
Moon
Flu
Telescope
Confessions
Meteor Shower
Date
Holding Hands
Hug
Jealous
Park
Agape
Kookie
Up
The Room
Lover
Exposed
Phone
Cuddle
Crescent Moon
Void
Hugs and Kisses
Cakey
Normal
Grateful
Gravity
Eros and Psyche
New VMIN Book published
For the Best
Family
Welcome
Intimate Part-I
Intimate Part-II
Adoption
Bonding
Second Chance
Worthy
The End
New VMIN book published

Starlight

644 49 5
By mystiqueforce

The whole day, Jimin had a huge grin plastered on his face. Even when he was scrubbing the counters clean, he was smiling. He was grinning so much that, Jin and Jungkook started getting weirded out.

Now, as he made his way home, he was thrilled. Well, who wouldn't be? The prospect of sleeping over with your favorite human can put a smile on the face of the coldest of person. And Jimin was generally a happy-go-lucky kind of guy.

As soon as he stepped inside, he was greeted with murmurings coming from the living room. He made his way towards the source and found Yoongi and Hoseok sitting on the couch and sipping what seemed to be wine.

"Hey Jimin", Hoseok waved at him.

"Hey Hobi Hyung and Hyung", Jimin smiled, as he plopped down on the arm chair and stretched his arms and legs out. The whole day passed by in a whirl thanks to all the excitement brewing inside him. Only now does his body acknowledge, how long and tiring his shift was.

"Why don't you freshen up and we can grab dinner?", Yoongi suggested, eyeing the younger worriedly.

"I am sorry Hyung. I have plans-"

"Wait. Let me guess. Plans with Tae?", Yoongi smirked.

Jimin blushed, "I am sleeping over. Namjoon Hyung would be gone for the night."

"Who's that? Your boyfriend?", Hoseok asked, smiling brightly.

"What? No. He's not my boyfriend. He's just a friend who also happens to be a boy. That still makes him just my friend", Jimin chuckled nervously and rambled on making both the older guys burst out laughing.

"So, he's just a boy who is just your friend?", Hoseok enquired, biting his cheeks to hold back his laughter.

"Both of you are mean to me", Jimin pouted.

"Aww. Your cousin is so adorable", which made the younger blush and he leapt to his feet and dashed up the stairs.

"He sure is", Yoongi smiled.

"So, who is this Tae guy? Is he really not Jimin's boyfriend?", Hoseok was curious.

"They're not boyfriends. Their relationship has no name, at least for now and it sure is not easy to describe. Whatever it is that they feel for each other, I can guarantee you it's one of a kind. It cannot be put to words, you have to be there to feel it."

"You make it sound magical. I would love to experience their chemistry someday."

"Someday you will", Yoongi smiled, as he poured more wine into their glasses.

^^^^^^^^^

"All set, Hyung?", Jimin asked as he walked into the living room of the Kim residence with his backpack containing PJs for the night, an extra set of clothes for tomorrow and toiletries, to find Namjoon all dressed up and on his phone.

"You know me. My nerves are starting to act up", Namjoon looked up from his phone and chuckled awkwardly. Jimin dropped his backpack by the foot of the couch. Taehyung was sitting with his headphones on as usual and bobbing his head. Jimin walked up to him and poked his arm with his pointer finger.

"TaeTae?"

Tae pulled his headphones down and stopped bobbing.

"Hi", Jimin smiled down at him, stretching out the syllable dramatically.

"H-hello", Tae said, looking down at his feet.

"Guys guys! Listen up. I am heading out now. Please behave yourself and if there's any problem, please don't hesitate to contact me or Jinnie", Namjoon said as he stood up.

"Okay mom", Jimin chuckled.

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he bid goodbye to them and stepped out.

^^^^^^

"What should we do, TaeTae?", Jimin asked Taehyung, the later was sitting rather stiffly on one side of the couch. A little far off for Jimin's liking.

Tae simply nodded his head in response.

"How about I start making dinner and maybe we can think of something to do after?", Jimin suggested, mostly he was just thinking out loud and not expecting a reply. And he actually didn't get any.

So, he got up and made his way to the kitchen, opened the fridge and started looking for ingredients. He wasn't a great cook or anything, but he could get by. Jimin knows a basic few dishes that he swears by and often cooks.

"Let's see, there's few fresh veggies, eggs, cheese-", Jimin was repeating the ingredients he saw but was interrupted.

"M-Mac and chee-sse", Tae was standing by the dining table.

"You want Mac and cheese for dinner? Are you sure?"

"TaeTae want."

"Okay. I guess we're having Mac and cheese. It is a good comfort food and isn't all that hard to make either. Anything else?"

Tae fidgeted for a minute.

"S-strawberries."

"Okay. We can have strawberries for dessert."

Jimin started looking for the ingredients. Milk and cheese he found easily in the fridge, it was the macaroni that was giving him a hard time. He asked Tae, but he had no idea. So, after a solid 30 minutes of non-stop searching later, he found the packet. It was tucked away in one of the upper cabinets.

The cooking part was relatively easy. He was done in another thirty minutes. He served them in bowls, and together they sat down to eat.

"How is it?"

"G-good", Tae whispered as he continued gulping it down. Jimin smiled. He was happy the younger liked his cooking.

They ate in relative silence. It felt good for a change. Usually Yoongi and him just switch on the TV or talk about their shitty day at work over dinner. This was different. Good, like Tae said.

After dinner, Jimin did the dishes and Tae dried them with a dish rag. Then, they grabbed a bowl of strawberries and headed to the couch.

Tae picked one by one, looking very carefully at the stem and then handed it to Jimin. The older found it so endearing that Tae was picking out ripe
strawberries just for him. It was the smallest of gesture, but it filled his heart to the brim.

"TaeTae, what do you want to do now?", Jimin asked, the bowl now filled only with stems.

"S-stars", Tae said, as he stood up.

"You want to go see the stars? Should we head to the backyard?", the younger nodded in response.

Jimin went to the backyard, two lawn chairs already in place for their nightly adventure. He gestured Tae to take a seat and headed inside, to bring two spare blankets from the guest bedroom. He knew where they were because of their last stargazing adventure with Jin and Namjoon. He gave Tae one and put one on his seat.

"Do you want hot chocolate TaeTae?"

When the younger nodded, he swiftly made his way back to the kitchen and made them two steaming cups of hot chocolate and dropped mini marshmallows before bringing it out.

All set.

The hot drink snug between the palms of his hand, as Jimin relaxed himself against the backrest of the chair and looked up at the starry night sky. As his gaze lingered a little longer at the twinkling speckles, he suddenly felt insignificant.

The world was such a vast space filled with billions of people, and the skies filled with mighty heavenly bodies like the stars and the planets. What even was his role? Was he born with a purpose? Will he ever matter? Will he be able to do something remarkable and leave a mark in this world? Will someone remember him if he suddenly disappeared? He didn't even matter to his parents, who tossed him out like trash, why would anyone else care? Suddenly, he felt cramped, chest tightening with unease and head feeling heavy. He turned to face Taehyung, who was just staring at the sky, with no expression on his face.

"Why do you like the moon and the stars so much TaeTae?", he whispered, really curious as to what the heavenly bodies elicit in the younger's mind.

"M-Moon goes away, but always comes back", Tae said. "A-And the stars are always there for TaeTae"

Jimin stared at Taehyung. Taehyung who is so beautiful and simple. Taehyung who has been abandoned far too many times. Taehyung who now loves things that are constant and stay with him. Taehyung that loves the night skies but doesn't realize his beautiful eyes holds entire galaxies. Taehyung who loves it when he call him 'my moon'.

How Jimin wishes to collect all the stars in the universe and hand it over to him (Tae) even if that plunges his entire world into eternal darkness, if it meant a single flicker of happiness can light up on Tae's pretty face even for a second. He would do it. He would do it all. He would ruin himself to make Tae smile.

What is it that he truly felt for the starry eyed curly haired boy in front of him? Is it love? When will he ever know what they are for each other?

But right now, when he looks at Taehyung's beautiful face glowing beside him, he doesn't care. Doesn't care that their relationship has no name. All he wants is to capture the moment and preserve it in the back of his mind.

Taehyung in starlight.

____________

A/N:

How are you guys liking the story so far?

I want to add more interactions with Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook. Maybe even Namjin too.

But I just can't get over Tae and Jimin's characters in this. So soft and fluffy for each other.

Please vote and comment! It really motivates me to write better. Cheers:)

P.S I might be gone for the next three days or so. Will update as soon as I am available.

~MystiqueForce

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.9K 41
So this story started at a parking lot of a building in the city of beauty Seoul, South Korea! Let's give a proper intro to our characters! Y/N is...
188K 6.8K 38
'who do you think you are huh? ' 'Jimin...I was-' 'shut up your f*cking mouth . Don't interfere in my matters'. 'l am sorry y/n ah. I was in a bad m...
16 0 11
In which an extremely powerful, hot, and strong leader meets the, what he thought, was the most interesting human. Jimin is the leased of a gang, bu...
2.6M 104K 76
"In that case, you have two options. One: you don't get caught or two: you invite him to your party, seduce him, then tell him about your little kink...