Paper Dolls

Por SoniaJohn

When the most popular Kpop idol on the planet falls to her death, an aspiring singer is thrown into the spotl... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
The Day She Died (Dalia's Pov)

Chapter 13

473 67 25
Por SoniaJohn

Numerous people flood the walkways, most of them brushing shoulders with me, some even glaring when they bump into me as if it's my fault they can't see where they are going.

My mask is on and thankfully no one recognises me. In fact most people here look like they are rushing somewhere the moment they've come out of the subway. Another person hits my arm and I weave out of the way and follow Hyeon who is already a few steps ahead.

He turns around to wait for me to catch up and I gulp slowly before reaching his side. The crowd around us thins and I didn't realise how much of a solace they were. I'm out here all alone with this stranger, at least if something were to happen to me a thousand eyes would bear witness.

"It's just up ahead," He murmurs, leaning in so I can hear him. He has his mask on as well so I can't read his expression but the excitement in his eyes is evident.

I follow his gaze and immediately catch the large pink neon sign board on the corner building across the street. It flicker's on and off occasionally casting a ghostly glow over the graffiti on the building's wall.

Hyeon insisted on bringing the soju I never touched and I hear the bottles clinking together as we hurry across the street. My stomach churns with the soup I gobbled down. He was right, that was the best mussel soup I've ever tasted but as we approach the darkened corridor, I feel my food inch it's way up my throat.

Hyeon touches me softly, guiding me to the counter ahead but it only makes me flinch. I don't know why I'm so unnerved, he hasn't done anything remotely dangerous ever since we met. The only creepy thing is that he knew about my evaluation yesterday and I'd hate to wonder if there are other things he knows as well.

The guy behind the counter barely pays attention to us as he accepts Hyeon's cash. He has striking blonde hair buried under large black headphones that cover his ears and he occasionally bobs his head making me wonder what song he is listening to.

I follow Hyeon up the staircase and I look down to see a large arcade occupy the ground floor. Some kids dance on the step master, while others shoot down zombies on the tv screens next to them. The room upstairs is smaller but still one of the largest cyber cafes I've ever been to.

We head to the back where there are less people using the computers. Although, I doubt anyone is going to pay much attention to us. Most of them are gamers and their eyes are glued to the computer screens in front of them.

No one even looks up when we pass by.

We settle in and Hyeon surreptitiously places the bottle of soju in front of me while he starts up the pc. I eye the alcohol, wanting to take a sip to calm my nerves and inwardly cursing at him for tempting me.

"Look," Hyeon says softly. Some loud techno music is playing in the background but he is sitting so close, it's easy to hear him and even smell the soft lavender scent of his hair. I lean away slightly when I realise this and pretend to focus on the screen.

He opens a folder and I read what looks like a classified document.

Blood thumps in my ears, matching the beats of the music around us. This is an official document. I've seen this format before, I've even signed a similar one when I joined Firefly as a trainee. The chop at the bottom could not have been doctored.

I turn to Hyeon who is staring at the screen as well. He could not have possibly made this up.

My eyes narrow on each line with laser focus and sure enough Dalia renewed her contract with PT entertainment but not with her group Sweet Poison. She had plans of going solo and writing music for the company.

I scroll down and see her signature at the bottom left of the page. It feels so surreal that she would change the course of her career so quickly but then again she'd mentioned wanting to write and produce for years. This was hardly a surprise and yet it felt like a sucker punch.

I lean back against the soft cushion neck support attached to my seat, letting my head fall back.

"Electric Flower would have disbanded and Dalia would have been the cause of it? What about the other members?" I ask rhetorically, not expecting him to answer but Hyeon's smile only widens.

"That's what I thought as well. I have an inside source in PT." I give him a look and he backtracks. "Okay, we have inside sources in all entertainment companies. Most of them actually pay us to leak information like this to create more publicity. Scandals sell better than anything."

I swallow hard, that information feeling bitter in my throat. So many scandals have destroyed idol's careers, even one of my seniors was forced to leave the company after a dating scandal broke out. Now it makes me wonder if my company leaked the story to spike the views of her group's last song.

"So I did some research," Hyeon's sharp voice breaks me from my thoughts. He pulls up three other folders and I notice they are contracts for Summer, Loona and Maria.

Summer's contract stated some brand sponsorship and acting offers, while Loona and Maria's had some vague legal jargon that sounded a lot like they were being let go. I saw the option to go solo in all three of their contracts as well but unlike Dalia's none of these were signed.

In fact the words 'go to hell' were scribbled where Maria's signature should have been.

"You think they weren't in favour of disbanding?" I ask lowly and he scoffs.

"Of course they weren't. Sweet Poison generated 2 billion in revenues from tours and album sales alone last year and I'm not even talking about the brand endorsements they pull. The girls incomes would have suffered a great loss, I'm talking millions if they disbanded."

"Then why would PT do something like this? Wouldn't they lose money from it?" I raise my hands in question.

"No, PT doesn't lose anything. Not if they have Dalia. Song writing and producing generates a larger income than group activities. This is Dalia's forte, everyone knows it. From what I can see, Dalia wanted to go solo and produce music. PT entertainment didn't want to lose such a money maker so they settled with disbanding Sweet Poison." Hyeon justifies, turning slightly so that he is facing me.

"Three careers destroyed for the price of one. Wow." I feel stumped. Even a group as big as Sweet Poison wasn't immune to the harshness of the industry. I also can't believe Dalia would do that to her group mates.

Hyeon laughs softly at my conclusion. "I mean if they were talented enough, they would have been able to pursue their own careers or carry on as a three member group. But let's me honest, there is no Sweet Poison without Dalia. She made the group, she made them."

It's easy to see how biased he is. I, however beg to differ. Yes, Dalia is talented but that doesn't mean the other girls just stood around and looked pretty. They worked hard to get to where they were and they sang and danced just as much. Maria's unique high pitched voice and Summer's rap verses garnered some attention a few times as well.

"It's not fair," I reply, feeling a pool of anger churn in my gut. I can't help but wonder if someone in my group had done the same thing to me. If the group I had worked so hard to build up broke up all because one person decided to be selfish.

I grab the bottle of soju and take a quick swig, letting it burn in my throat.

"What's not fair? Pursuing your dreams?" Hyeon questions.

"She didn't think of the others. She just thought about herself." Bitterness coats my voice as my anger for Dalia unfolds. I'd always put her on a pedestal I could never reach. It was hard seeing her in a different light.

Hyeon frowns at me momentarily. "Come on. She probably never wanted to be in a group in the first place. Now she finally gets to do what she loves and you're angry about it?"

Well technically she never got to do what she loves. She died before any of this could be announced. Which gets me thinking.

"You think one of them did it?" My head snaps in his direction.

He leans against the head rest, his wavy hair flattened against the side of his face as he stares at me. "I truly think there is a high possibility. Or someone in PT who didn't want this getting out. Think about it, news of the new contracts were to be announced this month. Dalia dies just weeks prior to this. Do you really think this is a coincidence?"

His question deserves another sip of alcohol. I feel the delicious burn before another question bubbles up my throat.

"What do you plan to do?" I'm almost too afraid to ask. Apart of me knows that this is why I am here. This is why this clearly obsessed fan has targeted me with his pretty little letters.

"I want to figure it out. Rule out all possibilities before I finally accept what has been announced. I don't believe it. I called bullshit the moment I heard the news." His gaze is so ridiculously hopeful it feels like I am looking into a mirror.

I didn't believe it when I first heard it either. A large chunk of me still doesn't believe it even now and the smaller part of me that does, still doesn't accept it. Which must be why I am sitting here in this cyber cafe, miles away from the safety of the trainee house.

"Oh." Is all I can say while curiosity chips away at me. How the hell is he going to do that?

"But I need help on the inside." He finally admits after a pregnant pause. Ahh, now that's where I come in.

"I'm just a trainee. I don't mix in the same circles--"

He cuts me off before I can convince him and myself to stay out of this madness.

"You're going to be invited to her house for a small vigil in her honour. They're doing it as a formality before auctioning off her stuff and clearing the apartment suite and it's going to happen next weekend."

My eyes widen at this piece of news. This is the first time I am hearing of this.

"I saw the guest list this morning. Your name was on it. Our network was one of the few invited to cover the event so we got the list early. Practically everyone famous will be there, including Summer, Loona and Maria," Hyeon says and then pauses, gauging my reaction

My pulse spikes wondering what the hell he expects me to find out there. "My manager hasn't told me anything but if what you are saying is true and I am in fact invited, what am I supposed to do there? Steal their phones for intel?"

A small smile forms on Hyeon's face when he notes my sarcasm. "That would make a really great headline. Trainee steals superstar's phones in a desperate attempt for publicity."

He makes air quotes with his fingers making me roll my eyes.

"Just watch them. Watch everyone. The case is closed and people tend to get reckless when they think no one is watching."

My lips form a thin line as I contemplate his words. I suppose observing people would be doable especially since I will be gawking at them anyway.

"So does this mean you're going to help me with this?" He asks me hopefully, taking my silence as a yes. "Come on. We need this closure."

I like how he has simply assumed that I need this like he does. He barely even knows me but I can't deny the pull of his offer. His letters have been the only thing driving me these past few days and maybe it's because of this closure he is talking about.

Maybe this is what I need.

When I don't reply, his eyes crinkle with delight. "We're going to need to get you a spare phone."

Guyss, they're really doing it! Hope you are as excited as I am lol. I just got back after a week's break. I did Lasik on my eyes and couldn't really strain them so I took a week off. If any of u are ever planning to do it and want to ask about the procedure you can msg me about it :)

Take care and have a nice day :)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

31.8K 1.3K 25
Choi yn, the most known and praised youth icon has done many wrongdoings under her cover of being the perfect girl. from her relationship going down...
273K 11.6K 106
REMEMBER!! IT JUST A FANFICTION!! Genre: Action, Romance, Drama, Mystery, Comedy. Korea Seoul. The place where everything is perfect. Everything is n...
87.9K 4.6K 64
"I killed them. I did. I'm saying it by myself..." "No. I don't believe you." He says with a deep voice that was still somehow calm. "You don't know...