Avengers: Endgame(Book 10)

By ScarletWitch19

It's been five years since the death of Kaitlyn Summers. After Thanos snapped his fingers and wiped out half... More

Cast
Chapter 1- Where are they?
Chapter 2- Becoming Whole
Chapter 3- The Plan
Chapter 4- Thor
Chapter 5- Back Together
Chapter 6- The How Works
Chapter 7- Time Heist Part 1
Chapter 8- Time Heist Part 2
Chapter 9- Time Heist Part 3
Chapter 10- Time Heist Part 4
Chapter 11- Bruce's Snap
Chapter 12- Tres Amigos
Chapter 13- Tunnel Escape
Chapter 14- Portals
Chapter 15- Girl Power
Chapter 17- I Love You 3,000
Chapter 18- Everything will be Okay

Chapter 16- I Am Iron Man

226 5 3
By ScarletWitch19

My fingers just barely touched the Gauntlet when Thanos smacks me away. I quickly get up before Thanos could reach the Gauntlet and fired a blast of blue energy at him, sending him back. "This is for Will." I seethed.

As Thanos charges toward me, I send multiple beams of blue energy at the Mad Titan. He falls backward, and I jump on top of him. I could almost see a look of fear on his face when I raised a glowing blue fist at him. "You've ruined my life!" I start punching him. I noticed a trickle of blood running down Thanos' nose and realized I should probably stop before I accidentally take out someone else with my powers. I couldn't stop. I kept punching and punching until Thanos grabbed me by the neck. He gets up on his feet as I struggled to free myself from his grasp.

"I've been watching you. Ever since New York, I've been observing you and your powers to see if you would make a great addition to my army. With the information your friend the God of Mischief has given me, I'm quite impressed." Thanos says. "I only give you this one chance to be at my right side and help me take out these so-called heroes. Think about it. I can be the father you've always wanted."

"I already have a father, and it's not you." I choked. Thanos frowns and throws me to the ground, causing me to power down. I put my finger to my nose and saw that it was bleeding due to the amount of power I was using while being in rage mode. I try to get up, but Thanos kicks me.

As I crawl on the ground to get away from him, Thanos reaches his arm out to grab me by the hair, but before he could do so, Thor arrives with Stormbreaker and Mjolnir from 2013 in an attempt to pin Thanos' arm down. He does this with assistance from Captain America.

The Mad Titan overpowers them both and knocks them out. I watched as Thanos picked up the Gauntlet. I tried to get up but winced at the pain on the side of my ribs after Thanos had kicked me and sat back on the ground.

Carol Danvers swoops in with a fierce kick to Thanos' leg and faces off with the demigod. She punches him in the face and dodges a blow from Thanos. As she reaches for the glove, Thanos grabs her by the arm and flings her away.

Thanos puts on the Gauntlet, gamma radiation from the stones eating at him as he tries to snap. Carol gets back up and stops his fingers from snapping, opening up his hand, and doing a similar action to what Steve Rogers did back in Wakanda when he was protecting me.

Thanos headbutts her, but it does nothing. Carol rises and forces Thanos to his knees. Thanos yanks the Power Stone out of the Gauntlet and uses it to hit Carol away.

Thanos was close to winning.

Tony looks in question at Doctor Strange, who simply raises one finger, reminding him that the one win over Thanos he foresaw is now at risk. Or is it?

Thanos puts the Power Stone back into the Gauntlet, yelling from the gamma radiation coursing through him until Stark makes one last attack on Thanos. He pulls on the glove before Thanos punches him away.

"I am...inevitable," Thanos says.

He snaps his fingers, but nothing happens except a metallic clink. He looks at the glove and sees the Infinity Stones are missing.

Tony has the stones on his Iron Man gauntlet. The gamma radiation coursing through him was too much to bear.

Thanos looks at him in shock.

"And I...am...Iron Man."

BOOM!

Tony snaps his fingers.

Rocket fires at a Leviathan, and before it devours him, it crumbles into ash. I look around in astonishment as I stand up and watch the creatures on the battlefield disintegrating, including the Black Order. Star-Lord and T'Challa are also surprised. Steve looks on in exhaustion, knowing that we have won. A look of horror crosses Thanos' face as he looks around, seeing his army disintegrating. Thanos locks eyes with me, but I just stare at him. He sits down and mourns before slowly being erased from existence himself.

I let out a sigh of relief, happy that we were able to defeat Thanos once and for all.

The power of the Gauntlet's raw energy has left Tony's entire right side fatally injured. He stumbles for a bit before his body collapses beside a pile of debris. Rhodey, a longtime colleague and friend of Tony Stark, lands down and approaches him. He watches as his best friend fades away. Peter Parker soon flies in and sees Tony collapsed on the ground.

"Mr. Stark?" He runs up to his mentor as tears start to form in his eyes. His voice cracks. "Hey, Mr. Stark. Can you hear me? It's Peter. Hey. We won, Mr. Stark. We won, Mr. Stark. We won. You did it, sir, you did it. I'm sorry. Tony."

I walk up to Peter and gently lead him away as I kneel in front of Tony. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. "Kit-Kat...I'm sorry..."

"Shh, shh. It's okay. I know what you're going to say, and I forgive you." I say, my voice breaking. "I just wish we had more time to spend with each other. I know we never really bonded as much, but I just wanted you to know I consider you my friend. I always have, despite all the disagreements we've had. You may not have always shown it, but you were always there for me. And for that, I thank you. For everything that you have done."

A smile forms on Tony's face. I start to cry and lower my head. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Pepper. I get up to let her be with Tony. "Hey." She says.

Tony is barely able to move his head but manages to look Pepper in the eyes. "Hey, Pep." He says softly.

Pepper places her hand on Tony's Arc Reactor and Tony rests his hand on hers. She kneels.

"Friday?"

"Life functions critical," Friday says.

Tony smiles with tears in his eyes.

"Tony? Look at me." Pepper makes sure Tony gets a long look at her smiling face. "We're gonna be okay. You can rest now."

With that acknowledgment, Tony's Arc Reactor flickers off for good. Pepper can no longer contain her sadness and starts crying on his shoulder. Tony Stark, Iron Man, Earth's best defender, is dead.

As we stood around, Clint drops to his knees. The rest of us follow suit and dropped to our knees in honor of Tony.

The only person who didn't stick around for much longer was Gamora. She leaves as the rest of the heroes take a knee for Tony.

I couldn't stop thinking about Natasha and Will. They deserved this moment as well. I was going to miss them. Tony, too. They were my closest friends, and it breaks my heart that now I'm going to have to live in a world without them. But I have to keep going. I have to keep fighting. It's what they would want, and that's what I'm going to do.

Because I'm an Avenger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Tony's death scene will always be the saddest scene in MCU history. The part where the Avengers kneel for Tony was a deleted scene. I have no idea why they didn't keep this scene, it was so good! You can watch it on YouTube. I have one or two more chapters left for Endgame and after that I will announce what I plan to do in terms of Kaitlyn's future. Stay tuned!

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 51.2K 101
2023 It's been several months since Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff gave their lives to bring back the trillions murdered in the decimation. In the...
3.1K 56 6
The remaining Avengers -- Tony Stark, (Y/n) The Witch, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner -- must figure out a way to bring back the...
46.1K 1.1K 24
A team member has died and this is the story of how this team copes with the tragedy. Based after AOU, The Avengers go on a last mission together. Na...
2.2M 52.2K 105
Hayden chase, a thirteen year old girl, she is a force to be recon with, everyone steers clear of her, But she has a deep dark secret, what happens...