A Beautiful Enigma (VMIN FF)

By mystiqueforce

|| COMPLETED|| VMIN FF Jimin is what you describe an extrovert. He is outgoing, extremely talkative for his o... More

Prologue
Planet of the Crepes
Different
Reactions
Strawberries
Ripe
Miracle
Moon
Flu
Telescope
Confessions
Meteor Shower
Date
Holding Hands
Hug
Jealous
Park
Agape
Starlight
Up
The Room
Lover
Exposed
Phone
Cuddle
Crescent Moon
Void
Hugs and Kisses
Cakey
Normal
Grateful
Gravity
Eros and Psyche
New VMIN Book published
For the Best
Family
Welcome
Intimate Part-I
Intimate Part-II
Adoption
Bonding
Second Chance
Worthy
The End
New VMIN book published

Kookie

694 54 13
By mystiqueforce

Can human brain actually explode, splattering brain matter everywhere?

That's what popped into Jimin's head as he entered hour number two of staring blankly at the new recruit.

The younger's mouth was constantly working, though Jimin can't really make out a single word anymore. He has completely lost touch with reality. Jungkook has been nagging him with constant questions and pestering him with information that he didn't ask for.

Like, for example this morning the younger walked through the cafe's door with a surprised look on his face. When Jimin asked the reason behind his expression (though now, he seriously regrets asking him that) Jungkook said he realized only now that the name of the cafe (Planet of the Crepes) was a wordplay for the famous Hollywood movie, 'Planet of the Apes'. He then went on to spew random facts about the movie like the names of each cast member, who is his favorite was amongst them, name of the director, his favorite movie by said director and then proceeded to explain in extremely minute details about 'Ashlar' in the year 5021, the planet the protagonist crash landed in as his space pod accidentally entered into a time-travel warp.

And how is the information about a fictional planet in a fiction movie going to help me in any way, Jimin wanted to ask but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to come off as rude. But the fact is that he doesn't even like science fiction movies. He loves sappy romantic movies with happy endings.

Jungkook finally, after what seemed like forever fell silent because Jin assigned him to kitchen duty. When the younger went on his way, Jin turned back and winked at Jimin, who was so grateful that he wanted to cry like a baby.

^^^^^^^

The door bell chimed and Jimin's head automatically turned towards the wall clock to check the time. It has become an indispensable habit of his. When the clock read 10:30am, one of the biggest grin spread on his face. He moved his gaze towards the door and found his most favorite person making his way towards his usual spot alongside his older brother. Namjoon as usual made his way to the counter to place their order.

"Hey Jiminie!", Namjoon beamed.

"Hi Hyung! How are you this morning? And Taehyung?", Jimin chimed, already placing their usual order.

"We are great actually. Do you have anything going on after work?", Namjoon questioned, handing over his card for payment.

"No not really. Why?"

"I wanted to take Jin out for dinner. I was wondering if you would like to hangout with Tae?", Namjoon asked, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course Hyung. I am always happy to spend time with Taehyung. You don't have to worry. You can be out for the whole night too if you want", Jimin smiled.

"Honestly, I don't remember the last time I spent the night at someone's place. You know how Tae is, he can't usually fall asleep anywhere else. That's why we don't usually go for sleepovers. But with you here, things are changing. For the better of course. If it comes to that, would it actually be okay if I crash at Jinnie's tonight? I feel like I am abandoning Tae and burdening you. I am have been asking you way too many favors these days", Namjoon sighed, a sad expression taking over his face.

"Hyung. You think too much. It won't do you any good. And about the burdening thing, that's total bullshit. I enjoy spending time with Taehyung. I think he does too. And you're not abandoning anyone. It's okay to be a little selfish sometimes. It's okay to want to have fun. We will be good. Promise. Now please stop worrying and go sit. I will bring your food."

"God. We must have done something truly remarkable to have you come into our lives Jiminie. Thank you!", Namjoon smiled and made his way to where Tae was sitting. There was a little bounce to his walk.

Jimin's cheeks blushed red. At least someone is happy to have me around, he thought before heading back to prepare the order.

By the time, Jimin was back with a tray full of food, Jungkook was out front serving another table. Jimin softly placed the tray on the table and served the dishes.

"Hello TaeTae. How are you?", Jimin smiled.

Tae, looking down at his plate and swaying a little said, "G-Good".

"That's ama-", Jimin paused when he heard a loud 'Hyung!' coming from his left. He sighed, not this again. Jungkook made his way to the table but before he could converse with Jimin about God knows what, Tae jumped off his seat, went up to Jimin and intertwined their pinkies.

"M-mine! Mine! Mine!", he yelled, getting agitated. Jungkook flinched and stepped back. This made Jimin giggle.

"Yours, all yours my moon! It's okay, Jungkook is friend", Jimin softly whispered. "Remember, I told you he is friend?"

"Ji-min mine!", Tae emphasized.

"I am yours, my moon. I will be yours even if you and I make new friends. You can be Jungkook's friend too. I promise to be yours", Jimin explained, pointing at Jungkook who at this point was cowering behind Jimin.

"Jungg- Junngg-Kookie ", Tae tried hard to pronounce his name but ended up with Kookie. Jungkook blushed.

"Hello sir, I am Jungkook", he respectfully bowed before Tae.

Tae pulled Jimin closer to his side by their tangled pinkies. Jimin softly whispered, "It's okay. He wants to be your friend."

"K-kookie friends with TaeTae?", Tae asked, pointing at his chest. Something sparkled in Jungkook's eyes. He felt guilty for misbehaving with Taehyung when he first saw him.

"Aah. Yes. Kookie wants to be your friend sir", Jungkook profusely blushed, not used to someone giving him such a sweet nickname and calling himself by said nickname.

"N-no sir. Age?", Tae asked.

"My age? It's 17", Jungkook said, tilting his head in confusion.

"TaeTae Hyung", Tae pointed at his own chest again. "Kookie call TaeTae Hyung".

Jungkook swears he was on the verge of passing out. Even though he misbehaved and called him names, Taehyung was still out here trying to be his friend. Jimin had mentioned previously that he was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and has crippling social anxiety. Yet still, here he was trying to be friends with him. Jungkook felt incredibly bad for judging such a sweet person solely based on his disability. He is grateful to Jimin for educating him about autism. Someday, he believes he will pass on this information to his friends as well, so that the world will have less ignorant and judge mental people.

"TaeTae Hyung, it's nice to meet you", he bows again. Tae bows back, but keeps staying close to Jimin.

Namjoon is sitting, watching the scene unfold with a fond smile on his face. He remembers how challenging it was to teach Tae honorifics. It took him forever to teach Tae to call him Hyung. Now, all thanks to Jimin, he is teaching someone else to call him Hyung. Suddenly, Namjoon felt emotional. He turned his gaze out of the window to hide the tiny drops of tears pooling in his eyes.

"You did so good, my moon. Go on now, eat your food. We don't want it getting cold now, do we?", Jimin gestured Tae to sit at his spot, which he did reluctantly.

"TaeTae?", Jimin called out again.

Tae nodded in response, already digging in.

"Can I sleepover at your place tonight? Namjoon Hyung has to go out?"

"H-Hyungie go out? Leave TaeTae?"

"No TaeTae. I am going to Jinnie Hyung's place. I will come back in the morning. Is that okay?", guilt seeping back in Namjoon's chest, making it feel heavier.

"P-promise?"

"I promise."

"Ji-min stay", Tae confirmed and set about eating his food.

"Thank you TaeTae. See you later", Jimin smiled as he gestured Jungkook to follow him back to the counter.

"So? What do you have to say?", Jimin turns around on his heel and faces the younger, a hand on his hip.

The younger turned red in embarrassment.

"I am sorry Jimin Hyung. I really am. I shouldn't have said that about TaeTae Hyung", he guilty looked at his feet.

"Who?", Jimin smirked.

"Hey! You're teasing me!", Jungkook whisper yelled, now turning a shade deeper. "But seriously. Thanks for teaching me about autism. I promise to be good around him", he said, earnestly.

"And Hyung?", Jungkook added.

"Yes?"

"You're really lucky that TaeTae Hyung chose you."

"I know I am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.9K 38
'who do you think you are huh? ' 'Jimin...I was-' 'shut up your f*cking mouth . Don't interfere in my matters'. 'l am sorry y/n ah. I was in a bad m...
5.5K 237 16
❝Too hideous?❞ ❝Hahahah nooo! You are too mean!❞ ❝She could never stand a chance with anyone here, she can't be here without looking like a fool hers...
55.2K 1.7K 25
πŸ“– He walked closer to me, causing me to back into the elevator wall. ❝You do things to me, Desire,❞ he purrs in my ear, his breath giving my skin ti...
2.5K 186 8
"Well, you are different in my eyes" "J-ji-min ... m-my s-soulmate" Jimin, a troublemaker in his school with some puppets around him, got to meet a...