Wait, did I become Tohka Yato...

By NotDariou

Before all of this you use to be a man but suddenly after a less tragic accident you have taken the role as o... More

Chapter 1: Where am I?
Chapter 2: What just happened?!
Chapter 3: Are you asking me out?!
Chapter 4: Why Me?!
Chapter 5: Wait?! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!!
Chapter 6: Stop eating my children!
Chapter 7: Is that Puppet the real deal?
Chapter 8: Why is everything so cool?!
Chapter 9: The Princess is a Part-Timer?!
Chapter 10: So best girl makes her debut along with a sister?!
Chapter 11: So a school life with Nightmare?
Chapter 12: Date Gone WRONG!?
Chapter 13: Princess V.S Nightmare!
Chapter 14: I'm Rehabbing from Flame girl?!
Chapter 15: I'm assisting a sis-con?!
Chapter 16: Hold on! Season Finale?!
Chapter 17: Huh?! A Utopia Game?
Chapter 18: You call this Paradise?!
Chapter 19: Hanging out with Pinkie? or are we?
Chapter 20: What? A Sports EVENT?!
Chapter 21: Am I starting to lose it!?
Chapter 22: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 1.
Chapter 23: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 2.
Chapter 25: My slice of life as a Spirit?
Chapter 26: A trip?! Nah, it's a trap!
Chapter 27: The Gingers' sacred duel?
Chapter 28: Huh? A Fight and Disagreement?
Chapter 29: My trauma caused by a Yuri Idol?!
Chapter 30: So it takes a man to become best girl?!

Chapter 24: A Star Festival?!

1.9K 83 36
By NotDariou

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

Kurumi's POV

Today is February 8th... It was now decided that I would return to school reason is because of Shido-san sealing nine out of ten of the spirits' powers. Only spirit left to seal was me.

With nine spirits sealed and their powers in possession, he would have enough power for myself to use to go back in time and kill Mio.

My obstacle that's blocking my goal is if he would let me devour him and the fact that Tohka has been protective of him since the seal of that previous spirit.

Her and I still have that alliance with each other after all she did help me free Nia Honjou. Though her help to search for the spirit of origin's weakness we're invalid. It lead me to this option.

I must devour him.

This will decide everyone's fate.

Just right after lunch... I did offer Shido-san something but then told him to settle it after school since there are too many people to eavesdrop. Especially that snoop Tohka.

Anyways, currently as of now school has ended as I waited for Shido-san by the rooftop. When class was about to begin I made sure to notify him to meet up me here.

Though with the sun setting as its sky turns bright orange marking the end of today. It was a beautiful sight to see.

With my hand gripping on the metal fence as the wind glide through. The breeze was nice.

Up until I heard panting noises. I turn my head only to see Shido-san breathing heavily, it looked like he ran a hundred meter dash from the classroom all the way up here...

That was a guess...

"S-sorry about that... I had something to take care of," He says still catching his breathe, "Well anyways Kurumi I'm here, like I promised."

I approach him.

"I noticed something odd about you this morning, you're different from the Shido back then... It almost as if you've matured over time since we've seen each other. Though it not too surprise with the involvement you've had along with Tohka." I said interestingly.

"Was that suppose to be an insult or a compliment?" Shido-san ask confusingly. He looked at me with those strange eyes as if I was planning something behind his back. I simply chuckle it response.

Though it makes me questions if Tohka will intervene. She has a nasty habit of doing so and I find it repulsive.

"Okay... Moving, so about that condition of yours? You know to seal your powers?"

"Okay, okay I'll tell you what you need... My condition is..."

ZAP

And just like that... Out of nowhere a beam shot Shido-san down from behind as he drop dead to the ground. Luckily his regeneration activated as a purple flame was healing his wound.

It got me worried as I drop to my knees to see if Shido-san was alright. Luckily he was still alive.

I look above to see who the corporate was.

In came to my aid we're The Yamai Twins, Origami and Tohka herself. All in their astral dress and Tohka in her Katana Form.

"Shido!" All four of them shout in worry.

Tohka however turn her head aggressively at the corporate. As It was none other than Ellen Mathers.

"YOU HAG! HOW COULD YOU?!" She shouts.

The number one wizard clicks her tongue out of annoyance by Tohka's displayed attitude.

"I was only told to bring the head of Shido Itsuka, Please do not get in the way... Princess."

Suddenly everyone guard was caught off as Ellen's back releases a bunch of papers only to be reveal as Spirits. It seems they belong to Westcott's Demon King. As Tohka told me the events that happened which lead to here.

"Hey now,  don't interfere!" One of the enemy spirits said.

"I think we're the ones that's interfering." One mocked.

This got the entire group apart from Tohka provoked.

"What the hell? What's with these guys?!" Kaguya shouts she summons her angel.

"Confused. Tells us who you are!" Yuzuru follows as she summons her chains.

With not words the enemy spirits' only response were to fight as they dive in. Everyone got in to their battle formation with Origami covering more range and Tohka eliminating as many enemies as she could with her Katana.

She was actually a real pro with that Katana as of lately. The last time I've fought her with it, It was easy to read her but now she's grown to master that form. I was impress.

The Yamai Twins kept blowing them away with their spirit powers.

I can't just stand here and watch. I need to help them.

"{ZAFKIEL}!" I summon my angel as I had my flintlock to my hand and had it aim at the enemy spirit.

But was interrupted by someone.

CUT

My arm that had my weapon to my hand was cut clean. The pain was horrible. I've had my limbs cut before but It wasn't something I like to happen on a daily basis. The one who cut it was also a DEM wizard Artemisia was it?

SHIT! With my arm cut that means...

"IT'S OVER!" Ellen who wasn't bothered by anybody as the gang we're busy fighting off those spirit minions. She had her chance.

With no time to waste she flew below direct towards Shido with her blade ready. I was... I was useless.

Tohka saw this relatively quickly as she flew behind Ellen...

But...

She couldn't make it to stop her.

No...

It was too late...

Ellen has decapitated Shido.

As his head flew a few centimeters above ground then dropped. Everyone apart from the foes we're floating in shock. Their eyes widened but deep down their hearts were shattered into a million pieces.

Their reign of hope was killed.

I had a very bad feeling that they will inverse with Shido's death.

"I have done it, Ike." I hear Ellen mutters, "We've won."

"SHIDO!!!" Origami and Yamai Twins shouts in anger and sorrow both at the same time. But before even one of them would go inverse.

Tohka was acting strange. She stopped for only a brief moment.

"I-I...I f-failed y-yo-you... S-Shido..." She mutters under her breathe as her tone felt lifeless.

Until Suddenly...

BURST

Her reiryoku were releasing out in the opens. A negative feeling was surrounding herself. She was beginning to transform into her inverse form.

As a medium crater was forming around her. It didn't create a hole to the rooftop of the school but she was leaking a lot of spirit power.

The light had surrounded herself. It was dark and negative as she screamed in anger.

Many of the other has stopped and had their eyes gaze at her transformation.

Ellen on the other hand had a cocky smirk spread on her lips as she had her saber sword ready and its beginning to prey on Tohka.

With the light died out, Tohka had finish transforming. Luckily it didn't blew up her surrounding but something was different about her inverse transformation.

Origami and the Yamai Twins were in shock with Tohka's sudden change. None of them we're trying to inverse.

Tohka's new inverse form was something... She still had her default astral dress while in Inverse but now she has black feathered wings on her back, a few silver chains wrapped around her lower arms and also additionally two natural horns. She was starting to resemble a Devil.

But compare to her regular Inverse this one was more powerful that ever... Even powerful than that 'Super Tohka' she had during that Mayuri incident that happened several months ago.

This power was beyond I've imagined.

Tohka stared at the ground a for a moment, then had her eyes locked on Ellen. She grunts then had grabbed Ellen by the head catching her off guard, she threw her against a nearby wall by the doors of the rooftop connecting to the stairs below.

Ellen was caught off guard from the throw as she shakes off the impact then the next thing that happens...

The atmosphere has suddenly became emotional...

Tohka then had her eyes sharpen and ready, with no hesitation she quickly charge straight towards Ellen with a bloodlust fist as she took the first punch directly to her face.

Ellen looked helpless as she tried to fight back but it was no use. None of the enemy spirits or even Artemisia came to help her aid. It was because of the dangerous presence that Tohka was emitting which prevent them from interfering.

Tohka kept brutally pummeling her... Mainly the face. As she showed no shred of mercy.

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

POW!

"ERGH!"

For each brutal punches she threw on the wizard... Ellen's blood has stained her fist along with a few spills across her own face. Tohka has lost it. She was blinded with rage. Even more rage then that time I faced Kotori Itsuka.

This got the rest of the group unsettled as they tried to calm her down. Trying to bring her back to her senses.

"Tohka! STOP! That's enough!" Kaguya shouts with her fist cupped.

"Worried: You've done quite enough! So please stop Tohka!" Yuzuru said.

"Tohka!!!" Origami roars in desperate, "Please, we know she's killed Shido! But please we can't lose you too! Do you think Shido would want that?!"

Its true... She and Shido we're the ideal partners or how she like to call it the dynamic duo. Tohka and Shido felt connected together.

However Tohka finally stopped her punches but Ellen was in a terrible state, face is covered in bruises and her several swollen area in purple. Blood was leaking out and even stained her hair.

I see Tohka quickly giving her a gaze of means. She simply grunts.

Ellen's eyes widened in shock with Tohka stopping. But then had a devious smirk.

"H-how... P-Pat-thetic, a tr-true in-inverse spi-spirt would e-end it... Here. Though... It-Its no w-wonder... Y-you coul-ldn't s-save hi-"

...

...

SPLASH! CRUSH!

With one loud grunt from Tohka. This created a suspense as everyone's heart stopped in a beat including mine.

Ellen was interrupted with a sharp pierce punch directly on her chest. Ellen has just been killed.

Tohka killed her.

"TOHKA!!" The teams shouts in worry that she had killed someone.

However the DEM sides...

"OH CRAP! She just killed the number one hag!"

"Should we return to father?"

"I say, we book it!"

All of the other enemy spirits came into an agreement among themselves and took the opportunity to retreat. It seems like Tohka's new power had a great chance to be able to beat all of them. Which causes them to fall back.

Even that one DEM wizard that Ellen was partner followed them behind.

The group looked very concern to Tohka. But it didn't turn all them into inverse.

"WHY?! Why...? Why would you end it there Tohka!" Origami questions the now Devil looking spirit, "We could have taken her to custody and have her question at ratatoskr."

Tohka stood there in silent in front of the body of the deceased DEM wizard. She didn't answer.

"ANSWER ME NOW!" Origami was beginning to feel unstable as a hint of spirit powers we're closely inversing...

The Yamai twins felt the tense pressure emitting.

I've been helpless with this situation for majority. I wish I could've done something to prevent this from happening. I look over to Shido's lifeless body and head.

Finally Tohka turns her side facing us with tears running down her face. She was grief at our defeat and lost of Shido.

"She killed him... So, I killed her."

That was the only thing she said.

The next thing she do is she then spread her wings as she took off and flew away from the school rooftop. Following the run away enemies back to their base.

It seems she's planning to murder Isaac Westcott himself. But thought of that would be wonderful.

Now with Shido's death and Tohka leaving us. However this set off the other three spirits with me. Origami was having a mind of thoughts and the Yamai Twins we're crying...

But black auras we're starting to consume them.

I didn't know what to do at all... I felt helpess...

I grabbed my head and screamed...

GAWHHH!!!

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

~~Dream or vision end?~~

Huh?

I open my eyes only to see my bed and blanket? What's going on? Even I'm confused here. Was it all a dream or vision?

I click my tongue as my head felt a sharp pain. Like headache.

If it was a vision, it seems Tohka's actual power is well hidden in her. I've only remembered some of it... But it seems to be fading away.

As much as I want to use {Zafkiel} to find it out, I am not suppose to meddle too much with the future.

The alliance that was established by her was worth something after all. Her power is nothing to be taken lightly...

Now then I should get back to work...

Two weeks has passed since the Rinne Utopia event occur

Itsuka Residence

Tohka's POV

I can't believe its been two weeks... Time does fly by... Currently I'm lazing it off in the living room eating some chips and watching TV.

Lucky and Unlucky for me at the same time we had our midterms down last week. Thankfully with the prep I had during that Eden world. I have full confidence that I aced it with flying colours.

Actually after getting out of the world everything felt very weird while I was at school even Shido.

Though the only difference with that feeling is that Mikie Okamine my so called disciple and Origami Tobiichi who was neutral with me would hang out with us on lunch hours. I forgot to mention that she was suspended for two months from AST, so none of that scifi shit be popping.

My eyes notice that today was July 7th which a star festival is happening down by the city districts.

I would come out and check it out but I'm feeling a little lazy to move. I heard that Shido went out to check it. Additionally going out for groceries. I sighed to shrug it off.

I tried watching that soap opera that Yoshino likes so badly. But eventually it got boring so I stopped.

For most of my days, just gaming and watching available animes they have. Luckily they got some of the ones from my world, but some seemed off brand.

With Shido doing whatever outside, the others being Mikie, Yoshino and Kotori are probably doing something else for the festival.

Also eventually I had to come clean about Mikie finding out that I was spirit working at spirit saving organization. I told Kotori that Mikie found out. She didn't took it lightly at all, that was last two days ago.

But she came to an agreement to give Mikie an open invitation to join ratatoskr. I told her that it would efficient to have her stay at the AST for the time being. Kotori ask me why. I told her about her being a spy and giving us exclusive intel that only the AST would receive.

She gave a knowing smug. Knowing that she finds that role pretty useful.

Having a sidekick like Mikie isn't so bad after all. Though on certain times actually, even at school she would be begging on her knees to have me teach her a brand new move or so.

I sorta pity her methods.

Maybe I should've used this time to train on my powers. That way if I face a tougher enemy that not of my techniques would work, I would bound to myself that I have a secret trump card up my sleeves.

Maybe I should just play on the console to past up time.

...

...

And so I did.

I was just playing an online fighting game... Tekken 7. God damn I was at the verge of breaking a furniture right now. But I didn't feel like it was necessary.

Though with the practices and grinds I had to do in ghost mode. It was beginning to feel a little boring once in a while.

I only wish a certain someone would swoop in and hang out with me. That way this wouldn't be a boring day at all.

Ring!

At the same time with my inner thoughts spoke, I heard the front door bell ringed. It seems someone has heed my call. I quickly pause the game, got up from the couch and walked to the front door.

With this life style that I've been living for the last few days. Its usually after school, and on weekends. I haven't gone back to work in a while ever since they resign me at McRonalds. Though I have slightly been working at Ratatoskr through the rankings. But overall for my payment of living its stable.

Plus I've been back doing WeTube videos. Some of its tutorial on games and sometimes vlog has been skyrocketing. I'm not one of those female game streamers that shows their ass and tits all the time. Even though that's their main sources of viewers.

Geez, these people need some restrained. That is literally a form of sexual harassment.

Anyways back to opening the door. I turn the knob.

"Yello, Who is i- Oh... it's only you," I said.

In front of my eyes is Origami Tobiichi.

Originally she absolutely hated my guts because I was a spirit. But eventually she became neutral due to my friendly interaction as it somehow drilled through her character code. But she's still a complete racist slut.

Why did I add slut? Is because she wants Shido's banana. That's my only assumption and reason.

Though by normal compliment she does look pretty, I'd be rude to myself to lie that she wasn't pretty.

"Why are you here, Origami?" I ask but was only to be given by a glare, "I heard from Mikie you're under house arrest. So why are you casually out in the opens?"

Origami growls as she turn her face away from me. Knowing I was right about her punishment.

"Look, this doesn't concern you," Origami acting like it was none of my business. Clearly it wasn't my business at all. "I was only checking up on Shido."

"Yes, I know... Then you plan to take his virginity in his sleep?" Origami stopped for a moment, "Very classic of you Origami."

Origami then simply shakes it off from my comment then moves on to a different topic.

"Enough about Shido, I also came to talk to you." Her eyes became serious, "Its about that man that you warn not just me but Okamine-san too."

So she's finally encountered Westcock. Back then at the school when I mention his description, Mikie froze and didn't response its possible she's already met that mad lad.

"He said that I had great potential as a wizard... Mainly to fought off spirits like you." Origami had her eyes lock on to me, "I was going to accept his offer... But then your advice came around which eventually forces me to decline, as much as I want power... I sense that they could be a possible threat to everyone."

Wow, she's really putting a lot of thought in that. That's one thing different about this Origami to the canon Origami.

"I see," I had my thumb under my chin, "If that's everything you needed to tell me. Wanna come inside and play video games with me?"

I held my controller. Origami tilts her head in confusion.

"I'm bored soooo... I need a challenge."

Origami nods as she walks inside the house and make her way to the living room. I close the front door and followed behind.

On my way back to the living room Origami was already sitting on the couch with second controller to her hand.

"A fighting game?"

"Yes ma'am." I reply.

"Okay then, let's raise some stakes. Shall we?"

"Sure, but I make the reward."

"No. I do,"

"No, I will."

"I said I do,"

"First rate stalker says what?"

"What?"

"Ha!" I laughed, "You know what, if you can beat me, I'll... I'll uhh... I'll hand over Shido's dirty clothes to you?"

Origami thought of it then proceed to agree to it.

"And If you win?"

"I want another set of realizers,"

"Not happening, choose another one."

"Uhh your lingerie."

"If its only for your selfish needs and will not hand it over to Shido then no."

"You will share your notes to me until the end of the semester... How about that?"

Getting Origami's notes might actually be an okay deal. I could use that to study for the end of the semester exams.

"Deal," We shook our hands together. Good thing she was chilled about it, "Don't go backing out on your deal."

"I won't,"

After all I have the advantage over her. As a respective Heihachi Mishima player I will end this in five minutes.

...

Five minutes later

...

Ling Xiaoyu Wins!

As the TV screen indicates the victor.

"It seems I win, now hand them over." Origami hand her free hand open.

What the fuck.

She actually beat me. We were playing on three wins, and I only got one win. But her a newbie beat me with only using fucking Ling Xiaoyu. I forgot how annoying Xiaoyu players are.

Even with my Electric Wind God Fist combos, she kept ducking them like she already know how to play the game right.

What the fuck?!

I sighed. Thankfully I had my reiryoku under control so no spirit powers leaking.

I quickly got up from the couch and walked to the main hallway and up the stairs. Following with me invading Shido's personal space, I had dug in to one of his shelves to even get a piece of his boxers. Guy wasn't a briefs.

Anyways I only took one boxer and went back to Origami...

Ring!

Only to be interrupted by a doorbell... I had my hand at the doorknob but hesitated by only a feint moment. Who could this person be? I hope its not Shido he will actually kick my ass.

That teenage boy will actually beat up a girl especially me...

I turn the doorknob.

"Hel-"

I took a pause and notice a musket was pointed at me. In a heart bit it was Kurumi Tokisaki at my front door. It kinda looks like she's literally robbing me at full assault.

"HANDS UP IN THE AIR!"

I quickly took a leap back and had my hands raised.

"Woah, woah, woah! Kurumi what the hell?!" I shout.

"I said hands up, Tohka," She threatens me sounding more violent each for each words.

Out of instinct I ran to the living and try to hid behind the couch, with Kurumi only to follow me and in addition Origami who seems to be just sitting calmly feeling like it was normal day.

Fucking it ain't.

"Kurumi put the musket down!" I ordered her only to be ignore.

"Oh Origami, hands up as well and get on the corner with Tohka!" She points her flintlock at her.

Origami then sighs as she decided to play along with her arms up. She looked like she didn't give shits about this. It seems be a waste of time for her.

"Okay, first of all what happened to you!" I said this which got Kurumi's attention as she shifted to me, "And why are you acting like this?!"

Kurumi then growls. Which kind of look comically.

"I do not know either! But last time I remember I woke up in the middle of the forest and had this crazy dream," Kurumi starts ranting with her two weapons still pointed at the both of us, "We we're like in this sci-fi world with weird black creatures infecting the entire world plus an academy to serve its purpose."

"Wait what? Are you on crack?" I commented.

She then glares and dangerously had the musket closer to me.

"Quiet! I'm telling a story!" She warns.

"OKAY! OKAY! We're listening to your story!"

"Oh right, you we're there Origami though you kind of look the same but you had a scar on your face, then Tohka was there she had the best change! She had cat ears in addition!" Kurumi squeals in excitement.

Okay this Kurumi is on drugs, right now. Because this is not how Kurumi would behave at all.

"I had a dream about that once," Origami spoke.

At first I was confused why she starts making conversation with her but then I notice someone emerges from the shadows by the kitchen. It was another Kurumi.

"Oh cool," Kurumi Clone replies with a cheerful tone.

Origami is trying to buy time so that the possible Real Kurumi could kill this clone. To my assumption.

Kurumi Clone then shifts back to her story with an interrogation tone.

"And then I woke up and they told me... you guys, abducted me then sold me off to some ugly bastard," She had her focused on me specifically for some odd reason.

Okay its official this Kurumi is trippin balls. More like smoking complete crack. Because I have zero idea whats she's talking about.

"Some, weird skull headed creature told me that and everything," The clone finishes.

"Psst, Kurumi..." I try getting the real Kurumi's attention as se nod.

"What?" Kurumi clone ask in confusion, "Yes? You called me?"

"Wait a skull creature?" I ask trying to switch the topic.

"Wait you called out my name?"

"I uhh... Didn't."

Kurumi Clone wasn't sure about my statement as she was starting to doubt me.

"It sounded like you we're talking to someone behind my back," She said cautiously. The Real Kurumi was literally behind her as she had her flintlock next to her head by a few centimeters away.

"No, no, no, there's no one behind you."

"It feels like I should turn around,"

"No, no, no there's definitely no one behind you," I clarify to her. However the real Kurumi had a smug painted across her face.

"Oh sure?" Kurumi clone lowers her weapons down for only a moment, Origami nods to her.

"Totally... a hundred percent... Complete positive," I said.

"You s-"

BANG!

With a loud gunshot the Kurumi clone's head spilled. It made a mess in the living room. Her blood was stained on the fucking couch and in addition a pool of blood on the floor.

"HOLY SHIT!" I shout in panic, "Finally thanks Kurumi!"

The real Kurumi bows in response.

"It was my pleasure, Tohka-san," She then uses her shadows to devour the clone and kindly enough clean the blood, "Sorry for the fright you two. It seems some of my clones have gone rogue and is doing whatever makes them pleased."

"Nightmare," Origami mutters in anger. I guess she still pissed about that fight we all had at the rooftop. Origami was taken out pretty easily.

Wait a minute why didn't Origami just used her realizer?

"Origami couldn't you just used your realizer? and cap that time bitch's ass?"

Origami turn her face to me with a deadpanned look.

"Tohka... HOUSE-ARREST."

Oh right.

"Well anyways, since I'm finished with that there is still one more clone I need to hunt down. I'll see you two later. Goodbye," She begins to descend below her shadow, "Oh and Tohka, try to not get into too much trouble."

She left and disappeared just like that.

With a quick two minutes silence. Origami walk up to me and snatches swiftly something from my hand.

That's right it was Shido's boxers. I almost complete forgot I still had them in my hands.

"I'll be leaving now," Origami pauses her steps on her way to the front door, "Thanks for the souvenir. Later."

With that Origami has left the house with Shido's boxers in her possession.

This will not be mention to him at all.

What time is it?

Woah! it's already noon?! Maybe I should check out the festival downtown in the district. Sounds fun, additionally there's going to be food.

I went up to my room and decided to get dress properly. Because I was starting smell from all that gaming against Origami and also my solo grind.

With me finish changing. My attire was simple. Just tracksuit with a hoodie along with only wearing a sandals. I definitely fit the description of a female otaku.

Okay, its time to head out.

As I was near the front door, it was then open and revealing it we're Kotori Itsuka and Yoshino waiting by the door.

"Oh good, you're dressed and ready. We we're going to call you if you could join us to the Tanabata Festival, Tohka," The flame spirit informs me.

[You cannot miss this fun day, Tohka-Neesan!] Yoshinon said.

"H-hope you w-wouldn't Tohka-Neesan."

I smiled giving Yoshino a headpat for being adorable as always.

"What perfect timing you guys, I was going to ask all of you but you beat me to it," I heartily laugh which put a smile to Yoshino and a smirk to Kotori.

Yoshinon had her tiny hands raised.

[AYE SIR! Let's book it!]

"YA!" All of us shout.

Tanabata Festival District

Wow, the streets are pretty busy. Holy cow. There we're people with smiles on their faces enjoying the surroundings of the festival. Food stands we're stacked and even a few game booth.

A few mainly women we're wearing Yukatas.

Bamboos we're everywhere. I'm pretty sure they're the main attraction to this festival.

I wonder if Shido is already on a date with the Kurumi clone that the real one was talking about. The moment we arrived at the district we bought a few snacks at some food stand.

Everyone apart from me we're worried about Shido's whereabouts. Though actually he has been gone all day.

The girls and I are sorta looking for him in a way. And at the same time enjoying the festival.

"Kotori what's the deal with those bamboos?" I ask. Still kind of forgetting the whole Japanese culture.

"Oh that, they're just hanging some tanzakus. Its only apart of the Tanabata Festival." She explains.

"I see," I had my gaze at the tall plant.

"Basically you write down a wish from a little piece of paper called a tanzaku then you hang it up at some bamboo. Tradition said you do that and your wish comes true," Kotori finishes it off.

GAAAHHHHHH! I'm now fascinated with JAPANESE CULTURE!!!

My eyes were glimmering.

Kotori sighs, "Yeah, yeah, will write down some if you want to."

With that I walked up to a booth with a bunch of unwritten tanzakus. I grab a marker and started thinking about my wish.

It may be childish of me to do it but that's how festival are suppose to be done. And that is to have fun.

...

...

...

...

I got it.

I begin to write down my wish. As I finished I notice Kotori seems to be minely focused on her wish.

The moment she was about to be finished I got up close next to her ear and softly read her wish.

"Married to Shido, huh?" I added a smug to my lips.

Kotori jumped as her face was beginning to be the same as her hair. She quickly scribble her wish like in a flash.

"Awwww, why would you do that, Commander?" I said playfully.

"Shut your trap, idiot. I was only correcting a mistake."

"You party pooper," I pouted.

Kotori then completely changes the subject with Yoshino and Yoshinon finishing their wishes. You know it makes me wonder how the fuck a puppet like Yoshinon could write with both stuffy hands that has ZERO finger.

"Oh look at that, Yoshino is finished. Alright let's hang them up and then search for Shido," Kotori gets up and walks to a nearby bamboo.

Following from behind we did the same and hung our tanzakus together.

As we're about to begin our search for Shido the crowd was beginning to grow big. This might be difficult for us to do.

"Ugh, looking for Shido at this crowd is like finding a needle in a haystack," Kotori complains, "It can't be help, we're going to have to split up."

Kotori points to the left area that she will search there, then she instructed me to search the right area and with Yoshino and Yoshinon searching in the middle center.

We came up with an agreement as we disperse.

One Hour Later...

It was no luck for me, I couldn't fnd Shido or even Kurumi. I sighed, though on the bright side I some of these free snacks from the food stand because they said I was pretty.

Looks has got there perks.

Now that I'm back to that topic. Don't I get the Rimuru treatment? I use to be a guy and now reborn in a girl's body. Though Rimuru was reincarnated and was genderless, he was still treated as a girl. On top of that he even has a selfcest of himself with his great sage ability but that's in the web novel.

I've only heard glishpe but that's about it.

Why do I feel like I'm sorta similar to Rimuru, though apart from the stupidity I have. I mean I'm also in love with the real Tohka and she loves me back. That goes for that Ciel girl with Rimuru.

SO WHY COULDN'T THIS BE WEIRD AT ALL!

I sigh in defeat. As I was munching down on a beef jerky that I got from a food stand, Yoshino was standing as she immediately notice me. She waved her free hand.

When I approach her she looked uncomfortable as her expression tells me otherwise.

"Okay? What happened?"

"W-well you s-see, we saw Shido with a w-woman who lifted her skirt up," Yoshino continues, "The building they walked in we're a marriage ceremony. I-I didn't know what t-to from t-there..."

She looked down in disappoint that she couldn't do anything to stop them. Well its a good thing she didn't stop them.

I place my head on top of Yoshino and gave her a headpat.

"Its alright, will get him next time."

This cheered her up.

"TOHKA! YOSHINO!"

She and I turn our head around and see Kotori joining with us.

"How's the search going? Did you find Shido?" The desperate bro-con sister ask.

"What perfect timing, Yoshino just filled me in about him." I answer her.

"Really? So you saw him? But why didn't you bring him with you?"

"Umm... W-well y-you see, K-Kotori... H-He ummm..."

"Basically he's getting married by hot waifu," Yoshinon and I both said at sync.

We look at each other then fist pumped like long lost comrades.

However this brought Kotori's mood down as she lowers her head following with her bangs covering her eyes. But under those eyes are her fury.

...

...

"Uhh? Kotori?" I call her out.

"WHAT ACTUAL LIVING FUCK?!!!" She roars, "Shido is getting what now?! Why are you so calm about it?! GRRRRRRR..."

Her eyes then began to demonized as she was emitting a menacing aura.

"Messing with my brother huh? Who does this bitch think she is, how dare she seduces him like some damn whore,"

Kotori then suddenly turns her face with a very scary look towards Yoshino. She flinches at the sight.

"Eh?" Yoshino questions.

"TAKE. ME. TO. HER." She demands.

"I'll just look for him in the other area," I tried to flee but she grab a grip on my shoulder.

I notice a vein popping on her forehead.

"Oh no you're coming with us,"

"Do I have a choi-"

"No... No you don't,"

Now she started dragging me with her.

God this going to be an annoying journey.

Shido's POV

I've been hanging with Kurumi all day. I promised Tohka I would be back by lunch. But it seems this got extended. Hope that idiot forgives me.

Though that marriage ceremony was a bit a breezy. Like seriously you technically don't see that everyday in a high schooler's life. Most of the time its usually seen in animes.

Anyways, I'm more confused on why Kurumi would want to hang out normally with me. She's considered to be the most dangerous spirit I've met. Hell even Tohka couldn't face her equally with just simply [Sandalphon].

Still though I would take extra precaution around this girl. She could be pulling something behind my back.

"Shido-san, stop for a moment," Kurumi then points out at one of the tanzakus hanged up at the bamboo trees, "Take a look at one of those things."

Wow, they do look amazing. Kurumi and I looked above with some of the bamboos sticking out with their tanzakus attached.

"Don't you agree? They pretty with the breeze,"

"Yeah,"

I notice a table with markers and tanzakus complete open. Maybe we should get a wish of our own. It wouldn't hurt to make one.

"Hey, looks like we could get some of own from there. Do you want to write one?" I ask.

"Absolutely, I've already came up with my wish," Kurumi faces me, "How about you? Do you already a wish?"

"Umm, but I don't have wish though,"

However Kurumi held my hand.

"Come on, we've come this far so why don't you write one?" She smiles.

I smile back.

In the end I decided to write my own tanzaku. Following with Kurumi writing her own. I wonder what's she's wishing for...

Now what to wish for?

My wish could be anything... But I feel like it should be a reflection of something important to me.

I was still having a hard time thinking, I should take a look at some of the others as reference.

I turn my head to see only the first thing tanzuka in my line of sight as it reads out:

'I wish to stop being lazy' -Tohka Yatogami

Well she had been lazy lately, so a good wish for her. I notice some familiar tanzukas. It turns out to be Yoshino and Yoshinon's.

It was mainly Yoshino's ideal wish as Yoshinon supports her.

Finally there was one tanzukas that seems to stand out in my line of sight. Though I notice the scribble parts.

'I wish Shido would become a more useful person.' -Kotori Itsuka

That little snoob. I sighed and sat down to finish writing my tanzaku. Wait a minute this one is a bit personal. I should choose a different one and more open.

I scribble my first wish.

Hmm...

Okay this should do. I stood up with my tanzuka ready to be hang.

"I wish for the spacequakes to peacefully disappear," I read mine out loud.

I turn over to see Kurumi finishing hers, "Hey Kurumi, what did you write?"

Kurumi simply giggles.

"Shido-san, you shouldn't pry into a girl's secrets."

I shrug in return.

"If you're done, let's go hang them on a bamboo tree,"

We walk over the nearest tree. But I was debating if I should hang it at the very top or just here.

"Sure. Which one should we use?"

"They say your wish is more likely to be come true if it's hung closer to the sky."

"Up there, then?" Kurumi points at the bamboo tree that was seen to be reaching the highest out of all. Though it was at the rooftop of a building.

"That is certainly high up, but it seems too dangerous... I mean I could use spirit powers to get up there... But with these crowd of people." I decided to try an alternative option, "There's another tree on the other side, how about that one instead?"

"Sure, I'm fine with that."

We then walk over the other side.

With the sun completely setting and the lights and lamps turning on. it about to be the end of the day.

I finally hang up my tanzaku at a fair spot on this bamboo. Still though why isn't Kurumi hanging hers?

"Hey Kurumi, how about we hang yours?"

She still had her eyes gazing on the ground. I wonder why?

"Kurumi? Is there something wrong?" I ask in concern.

"Shido-san, earlier you we're saying..." She continues, "Orihime and Hikoboshi wouldn't forget each other even if it kept raining for years."

Well that's random. She's mentioning about the star show we watched and how I explain what it meant in details.

"Yeah, I did."

"Say Shido-san, if  it were to rain for many years, would you still not forget me?"

"Huh?"

This is odd, why is she asking me as if I would forget her. Wait... No... Don't tell me... This feeling, What am I doing standing here like a complete useless idiot?!

We had our eyes stare at one another.

"Yeah, I won't forget you." I scratch my cheeks, though even if she was a clone. I absolute had fun hanging out with her, "You're too special of a girl for me to even forget."

Tohka is friends with her right? I can now understand what she meant by it.

Kurumi then gave me light cheer as she slimes in relief.

"Good to know."

"Well anyways, aren't w going to hang your tanzaku?" I guess she really is the real deal, "If you don't like people seeing it, we can go over there."

The next thing Kurumi said has given me chills and an ache to my heart.

"No," Kurumi declines, "It seems I've run out of time."

...

...

...

Wait did I called it out again?

"I've finally found you, me."

I hear an echo voice from a nearby alleyway. My entire body froze. So she really was clone?!

"It looks like you've roamed around a lot on your own. But that all ends now," In the shadows it revealed to be the Real Kurumi as she was in her astral dress, "A clone who doesn't obey my will is a nothing more than a nuisance."

She had her smile still giving me chills.

"Long time not see, Shido-san," She quickly gave me a proper bow in apology, "My sincerest apologies. My failed clone must have been quite the bother."

I quickly decline her assumption.

"No, she wasn't. Truth be told she was actually great company!"

But the real Kurumi didn't care.

"I believe you don't understand it. My clones are my past; they are my history. So the Kurumi Tokisaki over there is no exception. She's a false personality derived from a single moment in my life. In a way she's an imposter. However, it was the worst possible moment. It's strange how god could be playing tricks on me. It seems that clone of mine is the very same one you talk to by the rooftop last month, somehow she's mistakenly regenerated."

Okay... That's a lot of truth spouts she's bringing up. So I'm basically talking to a dead girl?! That she killed herself. Which sounds kind of confusing.

"S-so you're really are t-the same K-Kurumi from before?" I began to stutter.

Only for the clone to nod adding a smile.

The real Kurumi was starting to get impatient, "Unfortunately, I can't spare a clone who doesn't follow my orders. Especially if it's the me who was moved by your kindness."

With one clutch from her hand.

Shadow hands begins to emerge from the ground as it was dragging the clone down.

I had to do something.

"[ZADKIEL]: WATER BL-" Before I had my attack called out one of the shadow clones got hold to my arms as the spirit attack cancels, "HEY! GRRR LET GO! KURUMI STOP THIS!"

Kurumi ignores my whimper. But before the clone fully dragged below, there her final moments.

"Shido-san, I had fun today... So please... It's alright you've done quite enough. Thank you." With the clone giving me one final smile the shadow had finally consumed her.

The shadow hand let go of me leaving to move freely now. But Kurumi... Even if she was a clone... She felt more human than the original.

"Killing a me I've already killed once before isn't a particularly pleasant feeling." Kurumi shrugs, "I am done here for today. As much as I would love to talk with you more..."

I then heard footsteps of running to my stead. I look over to see Yoshino, Kotori and Tohka in front of me.

"There you are man! We've been looking for you all day!" Tohka shouts, "Oh yo! Kurumi!"

Kurumi suddenly flinches out of nowhere when she saw Tohka the moment she came by.

Kotori clicks her tongue with Tohka's friendly tone to Kurumi, "You never learn, do you? So what is it this time? If you surrender peaacefully, we'll hear you out."

Tohka cringe at Kotori's speech but Kurumi laughed it off.

"Oh my~ since a very scary flame headed spirit is here, I'll be withdrawing for the day. have a nice day, Shido-san. You too as well Tohka." Kurumi smirks as she elegantly leaves the area.

Those two are probably up to something. My guess is something stupid that the ring leader is Tohka. Anyways...

"Shido, are you all right?" Kotori ask in concern.

Everyone was worried about me. But I'm not all right for what Kurumi has done... I slam my fist to the ground and it seems to be emitting flames. My rage is building up which is activating [Cameal] by a slither.

That Kurumi I knew. She knew full well that the real Kurumi would find and kill her again. Which is why she still came to see me. For just a few hours of memories, she revolted absolute orders from herself.

DAMN IT!

Why do most girls that I'm beginning to develop feelings just dies?! First Rinne then this Kurumi clone?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!

SLAP

My left cheek was turning red due to the pain.

"OW Ow!" I touched it to ease the pain.

I notice Tohka's bangs covered her eyes and in her hand was... Kurumi's Tanzaku. She must've picked it up along with an envelope.

"Don't give up that easily Shido!" She shouts like some coach telling a player to keep trying, "Here, make her wish come true. Bro."

I took the tanzaku from her hand and read Kurumi's wish. My eyes expanded. This needs to be hung at the very top. With no response I booked it and ran to find the highest bamboo tree.

A few minutes later...

Tohka POV

That haremist, he got the memo. But which way has the highest bamboo? Yoshino, Kotori and I are trying to look for him but still no sign.

Suddenly the entire crowd had their attention towards the rooftop and sees a boy in blue hai- Okay that is him. Is he trying to hang it up there?

Mad respect for his devotion. As he was finishing up tying the tanzaku at the bamboo it suddenly pulled him towards the edge as it send him falling off the building.

The entire crowd gasped.

"GAAHHHHH!!!!" Shido screamed in terror.

...

In a quick swift I caught him in just the nick of time.

"Please try not be reckless," I reminded him.

"Y-Yeah, sure thing thanks... Tohka." I set him to the ground.

Yoshino came running in concern. With Kotori's furious at his brother's screw loose.

"Geez, what are you playing at?" The commander ask the sealer, "Why'd you put a tanzaku up that high?"

"That was d-dangerous," said Yoshino.

[You sure got people's attention, though!] The puppet commented.

"This could've been a national viral video. 'Crazy Teenage boy desperate for love was close to his death...'" I added.

"Please don't," Shido replies, "Sorry guys, but that's one wish that really needs to come true."

He begins to look at the spot where she hang it up. It was literally at the peak of the bamboo tree by the rooftop.

I smiled along with him. Because I read Kurumi's tanzaku...

'I wish to meet Shido-san again someday.' -Kurumi Tokisaki

Yeah, that was it. Don't worry... That's why I'm here... Maybe though... But also somewhat. I notice Shido was staring at it for quite a while.

In his mind he's probably thinking about never forgetting about this clone and their fun times together... Yeah.

...

...

"How about we start heading home," I said.

In the end everyone agreed with me.

Since Shido is exhausted on his date with Kurumi. I told I'll cook for dinner. I do got recipes to try out, mainly from the internet that I searched up...

Overall this Tanabata Festival... I call it a success...

Shido came by to the kitchen looking kind of confusing.

"Hey Tohka! Have you seen my boxers?! Because It seems like I'm missing one."

"It's just your imagination,"

"Bu-"

"It's just your imagination,"

"Okay then," He walks out and sits in the living room.

Note to myself. Never mention to him that Origami came to our house earlier.

End of Chapter 24

This chapter was not edit and was rushed! :p

Hello long time no see again! Yes it seems the story has been on Hiatus. Well it will be so better get use to it. Anyways I will make Kurumi Star Festival be apart of the Yamai Tempest arc as a sort of prologue or interlude between Rinne and Yamai's arc. But the next chapter should now be the beginning of Yamai Tempest Arc and Date A Live II!

Also for Self-Insert Tohka if you're still confused on how she is treated, its basically how it is explained in this chapter. Treat her like Rimuru.

{{P.S I sacrificed my homework time just to finish this chapter hope you really enjoyed it!}}

Anyways I'll see you all in the next chapter! Hopefully!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 1.5K 34
(Date A Live X OC) "You think being a Spirit is not a good thing? Think again, because I have my best life on Earth. Sure, being a Spirit also means...
249K 3.9K 31
Highest Ranking(s): #1 in animegirl, #1 in datealive, #2 in spirits Sequel: https://www.wattpad.com/story/156535766-2-date-a-live-strolling-through-s...
310K 4.7K 45
"Y/N is anti-social eccentric intellectual going through loneliness and depression and is currently searching his purpose until it all changes when o...
39.2K 2.3K 46
-CURRENT ARC: Chunin Exams\/ (Chapters 41 - N/A) [Prologue: 1 - 23 Team Assignment: 24 - 28 Land of Waves: 29 - 34 Pre-Chunin Exams: 35 - 40] This is...