A Helping Hand

By RayquazaKing04

The leaves waving in the wind, birds singing their beautiful songs, the distant sound of water running throug... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 - Proposition
Chapter 3 - First Hunt Memories
Chapter 4 - Post-Winter Hunt
Chapter 5 - The F*ck Just Happened?
Chapter 6 - Finally, Some Good F*cking Food
1000 Reads!?
Chapter 7 - Christmas Special
Character Name Change
2000 Views!!??
Chapter 8 - The Ceremony
Chapter 9 - Finally Happy
Chapter 10 - I Love You
Chapter 11 - Meet The Family (Part 1)
Thank You, Guys, SO MUCH!
Chapter 12 - Meet The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 13 - Alaskan Hike
Chapter 14 - The Long Trek
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
Chapter 15 - The Meet
Chapter 16 - Get Back Home!

Chapter 1 - The Shot That Counts

1.9K 44 91
By RayquazaKing04

As Jason is sleeping in his tent, small bits of nature are still awake. Crickets are heard chirping, a distant owl's hoots can also be heard as it sets up on getting dinner, and a mouse scurries along the forest floor trying its hardest to get shelter away from the owl. One thing is for certain, Jason is surely not alone out in the forest. The fire, now a smoldering pile of ash, is slowly dying off as there is no more wood to be burned. A few yards away from camp, two wolf anthros are stalking Jason, curious about what the foreign creature is doing so far away from its established home.

Wolf 1: What do you think it's doing out here?

The first wolf asked in a confused and quiet tone

Wolf 2: I'm not sure, we should report it to the Alpha, he would know what to do, he has been interested in what the creature is doing since it built its home in our territory.

Wolf 1: Good idea

The first wolf says as they both return to their pack's den in their wolf forms to be quicker.

Time skip brought to you by Carter and Jason shooting a bow and arrow at a banana

The two wolves make it back to the den and slowly make their way to the Alpha's room. Many other wolves roam the cave, wood tables can be seen with anthros around them chatting. Anthro wolf cubs can be seen roaming around the cave playing games, with their mothers chatting at a separate table drinking water from cups made of wood. While the two wolves make their way to the Alpha's entrance, they are stopped by a larger anthro.

Large Wolf: What are you two up to?

The larger anthro asks in a calm tone facing the first wolf.

Wolf 1: Hello uncle, we spotted the unknown creature at a campsite not too far from us, we'd like to talk to our father about what to do about it.

The first wolf from before said while motioning to their sibling

Wolf 2: When we saw it, it was just sleeping in a tent but we didn't want to engage with the being without our father's confirmation.

Wolf Uncle: Understandable, he's just in his room with your mother.

Both wolves nod at the large wolf and continue to the Alpha's room. Arriving at his room the first wolf knocks on his door.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Male Voice: Come in

Both wolves enter the Alpha's room, the Alpha is at a table with his wife, both sipping on water from a cup made from wood. The male wolf, who appears to be the alpha stands up to greet the two other wolves.

Alpha: *looking at the first wolf then the second* Ahh, Kotori, Kaya, nice seeing you here! How was the hunting?

He says giving his kids a tight hug.

Kotori then steps forward

Kotori: Hello Father, the hunt was good

Aponivi: That's good, glad to know there is plenty of deer out there still.

Kotori: While on the hunt towards the end of the day, Kaya and I saw the creature away from its established home. In a campsite not too far from the den.

Aponivi raises an eyebrow at the sudden information, the Alpha's wife then walks toward the three wolves.

Wife: Out this far? What is it doing way out here?

Kaya: We are not sure, judging from the items it has, it is likely hunting.

The Alpha is seen slightly angered at the thought of competition in their territory.

Alpha: I think it might be time to confront the creature, it has been 30 moons since we spotted it. It is in our territory, this can lead to unwanted hostilities. You two and two others should go confront the being and bring it here and if it leads to a fight, be prepared. I will make an announcement in the morning on what's going to happen and who will go.

Kotori and Kaya: *together* Yes Alpha

Both wolves exit the room and head to their room

The Alpha's wife then walks up to him

Wife: What if it refuses? 

The Alpha then looks at his wife

Alpha: I doubt it would want to start trouble, let's get some rest Rofl, we have a big day tomorrow.

Rofl: Alright, goodnight Aponivi.

Aponivi: Goodnight love.

Both wolves nestle into bed and went to sleep.

================================================================================

Aponivi and Rofl: (Images are not mine, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS)

Aponivi:

Rofl:

================================================================================

Flashback 2.5 years ago

Back at the house, Jason is almost finished with the construction of his house. He got frequent help from his friends but as time goes by, they slowly stop coming over to help. Jason, upset at the realization that they won't help anymore, continues to build his house. At this point, He is almost finished with it, all that is left is the wiring for the electricity from the solar panels and it is finished, other additions would be added as time progresses and he earns more money from work. Nevertheless, the overall construction of his home will be finished. As Jason finishes the wiring to the powerbox on the outside of the house, Jason is being watched from afar as he finishes the wiring and enters his house. Aponivi is seen watching a few hards back from the treeline that circles Jason's property. Another wolf slowly moves up next to Aponivi.

Aponivi POV

Wolf: It looks like us but with no fur. What do you think it's doing?  

Aponivi: I'm not sure, It looks like it's been constructing this house for a while, I'm just confused about what it is. I will stay here Machakw, and return home with the kills, I'll keep watch on this creature a little longer. 

Machakw: *Nodding* Yes Alpha

The anthro wolf turns into a regular wolf and quickly returns to the rest of the hunting party.

Aponivi continues to observe Jason's house for another hour without Jason coming back out. As he was about to return to the den, Aponivi hears a door opening and quickly spins around and hides in the dense bushes. Jason is seen walking to a smaller house 

Aponivi: *Thinking* The fuck is it doing?

Jason pulls out a device and presses a button, the large door of the smaller house-like building opens, leaving Aponivi speechless at what he is observing. 

Jason POV

I decided since I finished up the wiring of the house that I work out for the rest of the day. Walking out of the house and pressing the button on the key fob, the garage door opens, thankfully my wiring is working. After letting it open fully, I enter the garage, Inside I have two vehicles, my work truck, a 1991 Ford F-250

And next to that, is my project car, a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, which was given to me by my 

grandfather before I moved out of state.

(Actual image of my grandpa's 1969 Mustang Mach 1, I've never seen it in person due to it being under a tarp most of the time and this isn't Shifting Gears so I won't go into specs of either car, All I know of the car is that it's pretty rusty underneath it.)

Behind both cars is my gym setup. a bench for bench press underneath a squat rack. The rack itself has bars on the top for pull-ups and on either side has a few plates ranging from 5 pounds to 45 pounds. Next to the rack contains a smaller rack that holds heavier plates ranging from 50 pounds to 100. The entire area where my gym setup is on top of rubber tile, I have to have a grip to make sure I don't slip. On the wall behind the setup is a large TV where I have my workout on, much like what my old high school gym teacher did when we worked out in the weight room, he had a projector projecting the workout on the wall but in my case a TV. I set up the workout on the tv using the laptop I brought over, connecting it to the TV, and getting it started, I put on the music and start my workout that is posted on the TV.

Aponivi POV

I start to hear sounds coming from the building, a metallic clanking, and what sounds like... music? It sounds nothing like our music and we only play it during ceremonies. He is playing it for unknown reasons.

I decide to return back and tell what I saw to the rest of the pack and discuss it further.

Time skip brought to you by my cat Pepper laying on my lap

After returning back to the den, I announced what I observed at the being's home. The magic opening door, the strange metallic sounds, and the music. I said we shall not engage the creature unless it gets closer to our den. We leave it be and it would likely leave us alone. I said I was a little upset that it was in our territory but I was allowing it to reside there as long as it stays there.

Back to the present and the next day

The next day rolls around as the tent slightly warms up with the sun beating on Jason's tent. Small beams of sunlight pass through the slits in the doorway and hit Jason's face. The light blinding him even with his eyes closed, causes him to wake up. Jason checks the time on his phone, 8:27 am. Jason decides to go out and get his first kill on the trip. Jason grabs his guns and makes sure they are on safety until usage, Jason makes sure he packs the essentials for the hunt, and after gathering the items, Jason makes a mental note on the direction of camp before heading the opposite way in search of deer. After walking for what seemed like an hour, Jason notices deer feces on the ground,

Jason: *Looking down at the poopy* Fresh

He says as he looks at the tracks. After a few feet of silently walking, Jason comes up to a small clearing with deer in a said clearing. Coincidently, two bucks were lined up just right and if pulled off right, Jason can kill two birds with one stone, or in his case, two bucks with one bullet.

Jason gets into position behind a fallen tree with another tree giving him another point of being concealed. He readies his Winchester on the ground in between the two trees and aims for the head(s). Both deer are grazing on the plot of grass in the clearing, and both non wiser about what is about to happen to them.

A few hours beforehand in the Den

Aponivi is in the front of a room in the cave with the other wolves around him. Both Kotori and Kaya are next to Aponivi during the announcement.

Aponivi: I have been informed that the creature we spoke of in the past has gotten closer to our den, as of now we are not entirely sure about what it is doing, but I believe it is time to confront the creature. I will discuss with it, if it speaks our language at all, on that it is living in our territory. If it doesn't speak our language, I will think of something. Anyways, I will be sending both Kotori and Kaya as well as two other volunteers to help get the creature here. So...who would like to aid Kotori and Kaya?

A few murmurs can be heard as the pack discusses amongst themselves who should go. After a bit, two anthros stand up and announce their volunteering. The first wolf, a male announces he will be aiding the siblings in confronting the creature in the forest not too far from their cave.

Male Wolf: I will help Kotori and Kaya.

He says as he walks up towards Kotori, Both Kotori gives each other a nod in agreement.

The second wolf, a tall female wolf stands up and announces their volunteering.

Female Wolf: I also will help Kotori and Kaya.

Aponivi: Thank you Cheauka and Kasa, we thank you for your volunteering to help in approaching this being.

Time skip brought to you by LazyAlpha and I playing Dead By Daylight (Bad guy camping us)

Kaya POV

We got all the things we need just in case the thing becomes aggressive towards us. Bows, arrows, tomahawks, and some water. Kotori is in charge here since he was the one who spotted the thing first, Kotori is taking lead while Cheauka, Kasa, and I are behind him slowly making our way toward his camp. From when we saw its camp to our den is about an hour's walk so it is somewhat close by. And after a while of walking, we see his camp and notice it has been untouched for what seems to be a few hours although its stuff is still there. We agreed to not touch it in case it returned while we snooping so we try to track it. Kasa has a great sense of smell compared to the rest of us so she takes charge in front of Kotori. She notices the footprints of its feet. Not wolf-like at all, nevertheless we push on and continue our search for what seemed like an hour until...

*BANG*

A loud bang was heard not too far from where we are standing, and we quickly duck down in case it happened again. The unknown noise scared all of us so much that we fell in an instant. After what seemed like ten minutes we decide to investigate the noise.

Meanwhile a little before the bang

Jason POV

My crosshairs line up on the first deer's head, and both it and the one behind it line up perfectly with the barrel of my gun, I take a deep breath and steady my aim before squeezing the trigger...

*BANG*

Both deer fall to the ground dead. After getting up from my position and inspecting the deer, I can see how perfect of a shot I made, The bullet perfectly pierced the first one's skull on the side and then enters the second one's head through the front of the skull. Not too much exit wound damage on either deer. After inspecting the deer, I prepare to gut them both in the clearing. Getting my knife out, I slice open both deer simultaneously. Removing the unnecessary portions of the venison. I hear movement behind me but think nothing of it as if they were frightened animals until I hear someone talking. I quickly turn around and spot four human-like creatures, except they weren't human, they had features that of a wolf. I tense up at the sight of them.

Kaya POV

After approaching the source of the sound, we see the unknown creature in front of two dead deer. I was right after all that he was hunting, still doesn't explain what he used to kill them and if it was the source of the loud bang. Cheauka started talking loudly after getting up off the ground.

Cheauka: What the fuck was that?

All three of us quickly shush him but it was too late, the unknown being already hearing us.

Jason POV

I was tense at the sight of the creatures, one of them spoke English, and it was likely frightened at the sound of my gun so it's understandable, but regardless, talking human-like wolves? I slowly reach for my sidearm in case they try anything before speaking.

Jason: W-What are you and what do you want?

Kaya: So you speak our language? Interesting...

Kaya says in an intrigued tone.

Kotori: First of all, we are not here to cause trouble, you are in our territory and our Alpha would like to speak to you, he has been observing you for quite some time.

Kotori says in a calm tone to Jason.

Jason: That's pretty creepy not gonna lie; however, I understand what you're trying to get at but how can I know I can trust you?

I say in a nervous tone

Kaya: We swear that nothing will happen to you throughout the meeting with our Alpha, he is quite interested in you, not in a weird way of course.

She replies in a stern yet calm tone

Kaya: I myself will be by your side throughout the meeting.

Jason ponders for a bit thinking about what to do, but in the end, makes up his mind.

Jason: Alright I'll go with you, I'll gift these deer then as a peace offering.

The four anthros nod

Kaya: That's actually really nice of you, we did just go on a group hunt and only got 3 deer. Speaking of kills, did you kill those deer with one shot?

Jason: Yes I did, Last time I went hunting was back at home when I was younger with my Dad and brother, though he didn't enjoy it unlike my dad and I.

Kaya: Anyways, we should get going, what is your name by the way?

The wolf asks kindly

Jason: I'm Jason, and you are?

I ask her

Kaya: I'm Kaya, That there is my brother Kotori

She says pointing to her brother

Kasa: I'm Kasa and the one who screamed after that bang is Cheauka.

She also says pointing to Cheauka in the back.

Cheauka: Hey!

He snaps back at Kasa

Kotori: What did you use to kill the deer? That doesn't look like a bow and arrow to me.

He asks pointing to my Winchester. The four wolves stare at it as it is a foreign object to them.

Jason: To put it simply, this is a gun, it shoots small projectiles much like a bow and arrow but at a much faster speed.

Kotori: With that loud of a bang? Has to be deadly!

He says in a surprised tone

Jason slowly gets up and slowly backs up toward the deer.

Jason: I'll get these deer ready to take to your home so give me a minute.

Kotori nods at my request as he just stands there waiting to go until he realizes that I'll be carrying two gutted deer both weighing around 150 pounds each.

Kotori: Need help carrying them back?

I then shake my head

Jason: I'm alright thank you, I need the workout anyways.

I say as I put my guns back on safety, slinging my rifle behind my back, and slowly start to grab both deer carcasses'. I sling both carcasses on top of each other and carry them both as if I'm doing squats.

3rd Person POV

All four wolves stare in awe as Jason carry the carcasses as if they were nothing but say nothing as they head to the den.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that's the first chapter done! I decided to start now since I still have time before move-in day and I wanted to get my ideas out of my head for this story before they disappear. I hope you all like the story and I plan to continue on with this and Shifting Gears. I'd like to give a big thanks to TheLazyAlpha and Alreigch for helping me write this chapter. I'm still new at writing and I wanted to be as detailed as I can in this story. Let me know if something doesn't make sense or whatever. Thanks again for reading and see ya in the next chapter!

-Ray

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 353 51
Hunhow, is an average human high school teen and senior. He lives in a world where humans and Anthros exist and live in harmony. however when his mot...
37K 499 21
After the government falls by a riot. Humanty went into chaos and causing a purge. Lenny at the age of six and parents that are scientists puts him i...
5.2K 78 17
In the year 2025, 30% of all animals had evolved into anthropomorphic beings after a series of experiments. Due to having mostly humanoid features as...
31.2K 304 13
A 6 year old human male name Cameron Oval that has severe Autism and mental disabillities and was abused and mistreated by his own human kind. His pa...