The Billionaire's Love Conque...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains some mature scenes. (Highest Rating: #34) Excerpt: "Look, I know we had a bad s... More

WARNING!!!
Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Barcelona
Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 3: The First Day
Chapter 4: The Sports Fest
Chapter 5: Other Side of Me
Chapter 6: His Family
Chapter 7: The Race
Chapter 8: The Surprise Revelation
Chapter 9: The War
Chapter 10: Boyfriend
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Rage
Chapter 13: Moment of Truth
Chapter 14: The CEO
Chapter 15: Plan
Chapter 16: Hot
Chapter 17: Stubborn
Chapter 18: Moving
Chapter 19: Work
Chapter 20: The Devil
Chapter 21: The Past
Chapter 22: Bar Hopping
Chapter 23: Game
Chapter 24: Giving Up
Chapter 25: Wedding
Chapter 26: Hot and Cold
Chapter 27: New Look And New Her
Chapter 28: Crashing Hearts
Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof
Chapter 31: Silent Proposal
Chapter 32: One True Love
Epilogue

Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways

70.4K 2.3K 70
By MsDreamerGirl84

"The course of true love never did run smooth." ― William Shakespeare

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.......................

ALEX POV

Emergency General Hospital

I frustratedly power down my laptop as frustrations rising within me. I can't concentrate working. Nicki's condition was never showing any positive response. It's been a month and I'm getting hopeless. My whole body is drowning in sorrow. I put the laptop down on the chair and stood up and sat beside her, holding her hand with my other hand while the other brushing her hair gently.

"I'm sorry, baby, for all the things I've done. I know I have hurt you much. I love you so much, Nikki. Too much, that it pained me seeing you like this. Please, please, wake up, baby. I need you!" I felt my eyes starting to well up. "Please don't give up on us. We will have a baby soon, you know? I'm excited to be a daddy and I bet you are, too. I'm so happy when I heard the news that you're carrying my child, Nikki. I promised I'll do everything to make it up to you. Just please, wake up, babe! I know you're strong," I softly cried. It's like a routine each day. The tears kept pouring like a rain as I beg her to wake up. Tell her how much I love her, how much sorry I am for being an ass to her, for being selfish. Then kissed her hands, then her dry lips, tenderly.

"I always love you!" I uttered softly as I pulled my lips from hers. I wipe the tears gently that drip on her forehead. And watched her peacefully sleeping. The bruises on her forehead and cheeks are slowly fading.

"I wish I could control everything. I wish I had the control in every situation. I thought everything could be easily manipulated by money and power, but when it comes to you, I'm completely lost and weak. You really can make me very angry even without trying. I lose every right sense whenever you're with me. You made me think irrational and no woman or man had ever done it before. That's how much I love you, Nicki! I forgot about anything just your mere presence. All I know is that I don't want when someone was around you other than me. I don't want any man to touch you other than me. Just the thought of it made me kill every man," I chuckled bitterly. I lift up her hand to my lips and planted a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

"I know I am selfish, but it is what I really feel. I want you all to myself." I sighed heavily. I felt the tears pooling again in my eyes. This month, I became so sensitive. Just the thought of her made me feel really weak and very emotional. Too vulnerable.

"Baby, I know you can hear me. Please, wake up ..." I let the tears streams down my cheeks as I kept kissing her hand. When I felt that my tears are completely drained. I watched her again with longing and pain in my heart.

I was about to stand when I felt her hand move and grip my hand that was still holding hers. I stood frozen and then my eyes suddenly snapped back to her eyes.

I looked at her eyes. Her lashes flutters. I quickly shifted my body to the side almost hovering over her.

She moves her hand and opened her eyes slowly then she blinks multiples times.

"Water ..." She croaks barely inaudible. Her voice sounded so faint to my ears.

"Oh, thank God, you're awake!" I squealed with joy as I held her hand with my heart beating loudly in excitement and I involuntarily hug her forgetting her state.

"Water, please," she repeated softly and I jumped out of her and frantically grab the glass of water on the table and help her drink the water. She looks so weak and pale.

After she finished the whole glass she thanks me.

I quickly sat on her side and hold her hand. I was smiling at her. She smiled at me warily.

"Why are you here?" She asked softly in her hoarse voice.

"Because this is where I should be. Beside you!" I replied feeling relieved and at the same time anxious. I tried to kick the negative thoughts out of my head. I mentally thank the Lord for giving her back to me.

"You shouldn't be watching me, Alexander. Please leave. Your wife needed you more than I need you," she said casually. I was hurt again by her rejection, but I already learned my lesson. I won't give up on her. Not now, not ever!

"Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon? What day is it??" She asked looking disoriented, with her eyebrows furrowing.

"There's no wedding, Nicki. Annabel is not my wife. I broke off the wedding. I can't marry her because I don't love her." I look into her eyes. "I love you, Nikki. It's you I wanted to marry and no one else," I confessed earnestly as I hold her hand and place a kissed on her knuckles. She was trembling. She looks flabbergasted.

"You're in a coma for a month!" I replied softly after my revelation.

*****

NIKKI POV

So, I was basically sleeping for a month? So, that's explained why I can't open my eyes for some reason, and all I hear was their muffled noises and cries, his cries.

I looked around the nice room. It's all white like the heaven, I guess, although I haven't seen it. Usually in stories where they are in a coma, they will see their families that are in heaven, but I never saw my mom or even see the heaven. Am I that too bad? Not even a glimpse of the heaven?

I saw his laptops and suitcase scattered on the table and chair. He was working here in the hospital, but why?

"Nicki," he called out, snapping me out of my zoned-out thoughts, in his soft soothing voice. I felt his hand pulled my hands to his lips and kissed it. I felt that urge to pulled him and hug him, but for some reasons, I'm still mad at him. I don't understand.

Why am I mad at him? For choosing Annabel?

Yes. Maybe?

Yes and he proposed right in my face to that witch! Everything starting to get clearer in my head. I remember, he even asked me to plan their wedding that bastard. And now, he's here telling me, he loves me? Is he nuts? Does he think, I'm just like a toy that whenever he thinks he needed me he can get me back, just like that?

HEY, I HAVE SOME FEELINGS, TOO!

He had to woo me first. I need to see how far he could go. I need to make sure he's not playing with my feelings again.

"I always love you, Nicki!" I heard him said snapping me out of my train of thoughts.

Suddenly, my head couldn't think of a smart response. I was staring at him blankly. What would I say? That I love him?

Yes, you love him, more than yourself. See, you even almost died because of your stupidity? My subconscious mind lectured.

But, I can't. He needs to earn it. He needs to know that he can't control everyone. That I'm not a toy when he realize he loves me, then he can just retrieve me back wherever he tossed me.

He has to know how to separate his name from love. Morrison controls people but love, it's not. It gives and take. He needs to learn to give in and apologize for his fault and learn from it. Not throwing tantrums every time he can't control something with every snap of his finger. He needs to know that people have feelings too, and they need to be respected and consider their feelings, like me. I have feelings and he broke it on many occasions.

"You don't need to say it back, Nicki. I know I have hurt you so much and I'm willing to gain that love back. I promised!" he uttered earnestly with a firm and determined voice.

"Let me think about it. For now, go back to your office and work there, not here," I stated flatly. "Where's my dad?" I remembered my father. Why is he not watching me? Did Alex use his money again to control over him? Oh, I hate his guts.

"He's in the other room. He is still weak after that heart attack. His body is still recovering," he explained shortly as he weighs my reaction.

My mouth involuntarily opened wide with shock, then gradually worries etch in my face. "What? Why? When?" I asked successively, my eyes probably is as big as the saucer in confusion, fear and surprised.

"He had a heart attacked after he found out you had an accident and rushed here in the hospital, unconsciously!" he explained, dragging the words as he trained his eyes on me.

I felt a tad of remorse after hearing the reason. It's my fault. I felt my tears prickled around my eyelid. I let it fall and soon I was sobbing.

"I'm sorry, dad! It was my fault. I should have thought about him. I was too selfish." I mumbled unconsciously, thinking about him.

I felt Alex's hand, rubbing my hand gently. Then, he pulled me and hugs me. I felt his lips kissing the top of my head. It feels relaxing. I felt secured and comfortable in his arms. Alex never saw me crying before. And for some reasons, I can't stop it. I know I was too melodramatic and sensitive. I used to control my emotions before, even if I'm already battered and hurt very much, but today, it seems that I can't. I felt totally different. Is it the accident? I don't know but for sure I'm not liking it very much.

*****

ALEX POV

She looks so impassive. I haven't started yet but she's closing me already. I'm beginning to lose hope again.

NO! I can't just give up. She will have to marry me eventually because I'm the father of the child she's bearing right now. I won't let her cast me out of her life, again. Not now that I'm going to be a father.

With my head reeling on her response to my confession I nearly forgot to call the doctor.

I excused myself and walk to the phone that was mounted on the wall for emergency purposes. I dialed the designated number that will direct through Dr. Peterson's office.

"My wife is up," I informed. I like the sounds of the wife, rolling out of my tongue. I suddenly snap my head in her direction when I realized I said, wife. She is just staring at the wall blankly.

"I'll be there in a minute."

Soon enough, the doctor walks in. He was smiling broadly and a short slim nurse was trailing behind him with a chart.

"So the sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up?" he chuckled as he approached Nicki and stood on the other side of her bed where the heart rate monitor machine was.

Nicki smiled sweetly. He asked her a lot of questions regarding how she felt. He was very sweet to her and I don't like it. I'm beginning to hate the doctor, although I thank him for being too attentive to her during those times, but the jealousy rising kept nagging me.

"Do you feel any a headache or nauseous?" The doctor asked as he holds her hand.

Crap! And he sure knows how to make an unnoticeable move. "Take your filthy hands out of her you bastard!" my head screamed in disapproval. I was looking at him icily. I wanted to yank his hand out of her hand, but of course, I don't want to give Nicki another reason to hate me.

I'll make sure he won't come and see her again. The Morrison has a forty percent shares in this hospital. I smirked at the thought of tossing him somewhere else farther from Nikki's eyes.

"Not anymore. I used to before the accident," she beams. Her sweet innocent voice snapped me out of my thoughts. The frown creases on my forehead deepened until it morphs into an exasperated scowl.

"Yes, because of morning sickness, Ms.Rivas," the doctor laughed.

Her eyes bulged. "I'm pregnant?" She exclaimed incredulously her eyes is as big as the button.

I looked at her in surprised. Doesn't she know about it?

"Yes. You didn't know?" The doctor exclaimed, sounded surprised, too. "The baby was okay, but you have to be very careful since you have a high risk of losing the baby. I will give you the prescription of a medicine you need to take to keep the baby safe. Refrain from getting stress or do this crazy stunts you just did a month ago," the doctor lectured as he smiled.

I could see Nicki's worried eyes looking at me frantically.

Yes, babe! And there's no reason for you to chase me away. I will never stop until you will be mine. I mentally thought.

The doctor explained that she's okay and the spinal cord was back to normal although she still need to refrain from lifting heavy things to make sure it healed completely. He will check on her until tomorrow, if her condition didn't change then she can be discharged by tomorrow.

They took off the needles and tubes that were injected into her.

Soon, Mara and Nicolas with my parents arrived with foods. Nikki's dad was there, too, in a swivel chair because he's still weak after the heart attacked. He was lucky he didn't have any paralyzed muscles. He just needs to rest until he recuperates.

"Oh God, you're awake!" Mara exclaimed as soon as they entered the room. Nikki was laughing like she wasn't in a coma for a month.

"I missed you," she said as she pulled her for a hug.

"You scared us a lot missy. Don't ever drive like crazy again!" Mara lectured worriedly to her.

"She won't be for a whole year because her license was suspended," I announced making her head whipped to my direction. She looks like she's going to kill me. Oh, I'm going to have a lioness wife. I'm going to have a hard time taming her, but I love her of who she is. I'm ready to take that challenge in getting her affection back.

"Really? So I'm going to be stuck at home?" She said incredulously with brows furrowed.

"I will be your driver, baby! Besides, you're staying with me. You won't be alone," I grinned wolfishly. I couldn't contain my thoughts getting wild.

"Great!" Mara chirped as she clapped her hands in excitement. "I don't have to worry about you, missy. I thought I'm going to deliver my baby sooner than I expected," Mara giggled, making everyone laughed.

*****

NIKKI POV

I was shocked with the news that I'm having a baby. And worst, Alex was there, too, and he seems like he knew it. Probably the doctor told him already. Oh, I'm so cornered. I know I couldn't get away from him anymore. Now that I have his child.

Is that the reason why he's here? Because of the baby? Did he feel obligated to stay with me and broke off the wedding? The thought of it made my heart tearing apart. I don't want him to love me because of the baby.

I was so happy to see everyone. Dad is in a wheelchair but he's alright. Nothing serious. He just had to gain his energy back. He was smiling happily. I could see that the Morrison's couple was so fond of him and they look all happy together despite their unpleasing past.

Hailey approached me with her full blown smile. I heard them talking when I was still in a coma. They were so worried and was there the whole time to watched me. I felt I had learned to forgive them and love them at once. They aren't bad people as to what I planted in my head before I met them.

"I'm so happy you're up, Nicki. My son was so worried about you," she exclaimed as she looked at Alex who never broke his gaze on me and was now sitting beside me on the bed.

"I thought he's going crazy! He never slept and he doesn't wanna leave to change and get a shower. I'm glad he decided or we all be poisoned with his rotten smell," she chuckled making Alexander turned red in embarrassment.

"Mom, she doesn't need to know!" Alex stopped her, widening his eyes to shut his mom from teasing him, like a petulant kid.

Everyone laughed at their bickering including me. Max butted in to stop them.

"I hope you get well soon and we could all have a barbecue in our house," Max interrupted them as everyone agreed excitedly.

"That's awesome," dad replied with a genuine smile.

"Of course, you too, Tony!" Max added grinning at him.

They all look so happy and contented. I'm so happy. All the people that close to my heart were here. The past was put behind. I have never felt so completed before and at peace. Today was just amazing and Alex was so attentive to me and very sweet. The Morrison's couple was looking at us excitedly. The whole gang's eyes were looking at us mischievously. It seems that Alex doesn't notice their hot stares, but it made me uncomfortable.

I guess I need to get used to his attention, now that I'm pregnant.

I unconsciously put my hand on my flat belly. "Hang on there, baby. Don't leave mommy and daddy! We both love you, honey," I mumbled inaudibly, making the whole company gawking at me flabbergasted.

Then I realized I was talking to myself and they all witness it. I felt so embarrassed.

"Is that true you have a baby? You're pregnant?" Mara squealed joyously.

"Y- yes ..." I trailed off as I force a smile.

"I'm going to be a grandfather?" my dad exclaimed with a surprised look. I know, I didn't tell that story about that night. His was giving me that look, you-missed-that-part.

I bit my bottom lip as I nodded my head in agreement and stared at him apologetically. Then, I felt the tears pooling in my eyes because I remember my mom. Suddenly, nostalgia struck me. She surely is ecstatic to be a grandmother.

Everyone's happiness erased in their faces as they all looked at me.

Alex pulled me into his chest gently. He was comforting me. His hands were rubbing my back. I let him as I felt so empty, but with his embrace, I felt home. My home.

"Sshh. Our baby will never leave us. I believe he'll never leave us." He hushed reassuringly. I looked up at him and he smiled and bend his head to kissed me. I stiffened as I watch her lips getting closer, bug-eyed, but I just soon found my eyes closed and felt his lips brushing lightly with my lips, forgetting about our audience.

He thought I was crying because the baby was not a hundred percent safe. And it touched me that it made me cry even more. I felt so sensitive, I don't know. I guess it's the hormones. Now I know, why I was so sensitive and melodramatic.

"Please, don't cry. It breaks my heart to see you weeping. I love you, Nicki! We'll get through this," he comforted reassuringly. I smiled.

"I just remembered my, mom. She would be happy to see all of you here with me and our baby!" I uttered softly as I bit my bottom lip to hold back the tears.

Everyone was staring at Alexander in surprised. I know, I have seen him differently myself. He was a bit composed and more down than before. You'll never see him hurt because he's too skilled to hide his emotions with his cold facade.

A moment later, Alex's friends walked in with flower each one of them.

"Hey, Nicki. Welcome back!" Everyone cheered.

"Nicolas texted us informing that you're awake and well. So here we are and flowers for you! We know Alex never give flowers so we thought to bring you some," Frederick grinned as he steps forward and handed me the bouquet of red, pink and white roses! "From us!" he grinned lopsidedly.

I thanked them and everyone gave me hugs. I saw Alexander rolled his eyes at them. He looks pissed.

"Get your filthy hands off my girl," Alex swatted their hands. They just laughed and Frederick raises his hands in silent surrender as he laughed.

"We never thought this day would come," Nicolas remarked which gained him a spank in the head from Alex.

Everyone laughed including me. I was so happy these idiots are back together. I know they loved each other just in the different ways.

I could see Alex was very happy and it warmed my heart.

*****

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 10.5K 35
♣She touched me, and left a reason to exist.♣ "I can see it right through you, you desire me." He started eyes turning dark as night before his finge...
1M 27.4K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
2.6K 161 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...