Pandora's Ghost [Book 2]

By BelindaRose123

There weren't demons but something else entirely. --- Penelope is trying everything she can to hide her locat... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Chapter 1 : Braid
Chapter 2 : Handcuffed
Chapter 3 : Couple
Chapter 4 : Mark
Chapter 5 : Powerless
Chapter 6 : Control
Chapter 7 : Fear
Chapter 8 : Predator
Chapter 9 : Oath
Chapter 10 : Trust
Chapter 11 : Chimera
Chapter 12 : Opportunity
Chapter 13 : Chase
Chapter 14 : Riders
Chapter 15 : Punishments
Chapter 16 : Stabbed
Chapter 17 : Time
Chapter 18 : Game
Chapter 19 : Feed
Chapter 20 : Essence
Chapter 21 : Hatred
Chapter 22 : Hospitality
Chapter 23 : Vines
Chapter 24 : Intimidation
Chapter 25 : Drug
Chapter 26 : Picture
Chapter 27 : Confidence
Chapter 28 : Drakon
Chapter 29 : Thorns
Chapter 30 : Distraction
Chapter 31 : Lust
Chapter 32 : Bathtub
Chapter 33 : Naked
Chapter 35 : Scent
Chapter 36 : Tongue
Chapter 37 : Questions
Chapter 38 : Basilisk
Chapter 39 : Throne
Chapter 40 : Vampire
Chapter 41 : Backfire
Chapter 42 : Greenhouse
Chapter 43 : Deadly
Chapter 44 : Sacrifice
Chapter 45 : Rival
Chapter 46 : Pleased
Chapter 47 : Sinful
Chapter 48 : Promise
Chapter 49 : Vessel
Chapter 50 : Challenge
Chapter 51 : Protection
Chapter 52 : Loophole
Chapter 53 : Sealed
Chapter 54 : Pleasure
Chapter 55 : Relief
Chapter 56 : Death
Chapter 57 : Protect
Chapter 58 : Spy
Chapter 59 : Ghost
Chapter 60 : Time
Chapter 61 : Plan
Chapter 62 : Trade
Chapter 63 : Brat
Chapter 64 : Smug
Chapter 65 : Chips
Chapter 66 : Vulnerable

Chapter 34 : Zion

545 50 72
By BelindaRose123

This is the song playing in Zion's car/ his gym song🥴💜

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Apart from creating Lightning and conjuring thunderbolts,

Zeus' strength was always far superior to the vast majority of his race.

He is capable of lifting over 100 tons of weight,

All without supplementing his strength with his other powers.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Prominent veins snaked over Zion's hands as he shifted the car gear and spun the wheel. His blue Camaro smoothly turned down the road, heading for school grounds. Music blasted from his radio, creating a cool atmosphere.

Dimitri lounged beside him in the passenger seat, his puma sneakers over the dashboard and hands behind his head. "Nothing like going back to school and being normal again. Isn't that right Hunter?"

Hunter made a noise that pretty much suggested he was barely listening. I turned to the younger triplet and found him busy thumbing away on his phone. A game he probably borrowed from Dimitri.

He and I settled in the backseat with a wide berth between us -- not surprising. My gaze slid along his neck to the tattoo partially hidden beneath his hoodie. Seeing it now, I couldn't help but remember what Liam said.

He's finding ways and means to subtly make Hades submit without Hunter realizing it.

It's strange knowing Dimitri was keeping secrets from us. Unless he purposely placed his mark there because Hunter told him to. It could be a possibility. However, when it comes to secrets, I might be found guilty. Mainly because I didn't tell Zion and the others about Pedro's appearance.

I promised to do that later, but not now. Zion is always seconds away from losing his shit when it comes to Pedro. And we need him to have a clear head to start the next phase of our plan. We can't have him electrocuting Gwen during school hours.

"Quit staring, would you? It's giving me the creeps." Hunter mumbled. His eyes were still glued to the phone screen.

I turned away, my cheeks warmed up from embarrassment. "Sorry. I thought I saw something."

He scoffed. "Yeah, sure. Should've listened to him from day one."

My head snapped to triplet with eyebrows furrowed. "Who?"

Hunter paused his game and watched me. His yellow eyes trailed up the tip of my black boots to my loose matching t-shirt. "Him. Maybe you should teleport to Henry in exchange for my brother. It's the best way to get rid of you, right?"

My heart clogged in my throat, completely hurt by his hostility. Just when I thought I was making leeway, he takes a step back and builds even higher walls.

"Hunter," Zion warned. His brown eyes flicked to the rearview mirror. "Be nice."

Hunter gritted his teeth. "What? It's true. She's the reason why we are in this mess. She got Pedro kidnapped and if we don't take care she'll kill us all."

"Hunter," Dimitri glanced over the console to the younger triplet. "Just because you see ghosts doesn't mean we'll die. You're Hades. Seeing dead people in your dreams is normal. Dionysus confirmed that."

"But--"

"One more word from you and I'll bring the god out to play." Dimitri's irises swirled with a wine color. He held a pair of handcuffs from one fingertip. "Want that?"

Hunter stared at the clinking metal for a moment and smirked. "Yeah, I'm ready for it."

He reached into his pocket and brought another set of handcuffs. Zion rose two eyebrows in surprise while Dimitri's jaw dropped like a ship's anchor. He adjusted back into his seat and stared blankly ahead like he was regretting his life decisions. "What have I done?"

Zion scoffed. "Don't ask me. It's not my fault you've turned my brother into a handcuff freak."

"I did not! Dionysus..." Dimitri began explaining why he was innocent but I could barely follow his conversation.

I turned back to Hunter and found him watching me with eyes brighter than before -- almost golden. Anger swirled within them and for a second, I could feel Hade's glare from within.

There was so much hatred.

"It's Hades isn't it?" The words tumbled out before I could stop them. "He's the one filling your head with bizarre thoughts. He's making you hate me."

The car slowly rolled through the school gates and into the parking lot. Zion turned off the ignition while Dimitri stretched in his seat. Either completely oblivious to the conversation I had with Hunter or he was tired of keeping Hunter in line. They both pushed the car door open and stepped out.

Hunter scoffed at me, not giving a reply. He made a move for his door handle but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "The hell--"

"Eros was right about Hades. He's influencing you. It's why you tried sneaking out of star-crossed inc. to who-knows-where."

Hunter glanced at the hand holding his bicep before meeting my gaze. "I was only trying to awaken my abilities, nothing more. I suggest you mind your own business and quit touching me."

"Are you coming?" Zion appeared at my door. His eyes flicked from us to the school's main building. A sign that staying and arguing with him will only make things worse.

Giving in, I sighed and stepped out, slamming the door a little too harshly. Hunter pushed open his door when Dimitri blocked his path with an arm over the car roof. He smiled at the younger triplet. "You guys go ahead. Hunter and I need to have a talk."

He didn't have to say it twice.

"Lock up when you're done." Zion tossed him the car key without a hint of hesitation and he caught it in one beat.

Dimitri's gaze never strayed from Hunter as he smirked. "Oh, we won't be done in a long while."

He dropped the car keys unto Hunter's lap. The younger triplet quirked an eyebrow and pursed his lips like he knew he was in trouble. At the moment, I couldn't care less.

Zion guided me toward the school building and I followed. Now that we were finally out, people began staring. It always made me uncomfortable. And the fact that I wasn't used to it by now is still baffling. Being close to one of the triplets automatically makes you the center of attention.

Maybe coming back was a bad idea.

"You should know better than to argue with Hunter."

I looked up at Zion and frowned, stopping in my tracks. He halted almost immediately and faced me. My hands fisted. "You're taking his side when what he's doing is clearly wrong. You need to talk to him, he's your brother."

Zion sighed, his tight-fitting chest expanded with the inhale. "Hunter is as stubborn as a mule. Dimitri is the only one who can get some sense into him."

As much as I hate to admit it, he was right.

I glanced back at the car and found Hunter placing his pair of handcuffs into Dimitri's outstretched hand. Dimitri beamed, now holding two handcuffs within his grasp. He leaned into the car and spoke in a manner that almost seem dark. I could tell from the way Hunter's eyes widened in alarm and darted between his friend and the metallic restraints.

I returned my focus and froze. Zion was glaring at something beside me. Feeling the familiar presence, I spun on my feet only to meet an athletic build. I yelped and stepped back, but an arm pulled me back against the broad chest. Fingers skated over my cheek and before I could say his name, soft lips crushed against mine.

My world revolved and crumbled from the surprising kiss. But it didn't last long; shock was replaced with a burning desire and my eyes automatically slid shut. Liam unapologetically invaded, igniting a dormant fire. His fangs skimmed my lips and my mark burned from his proximity, further stoking the growing flames.

"You really know how to provoke me, don't you?" Zion's voice brought me back to reality and I broke away, feeling bashful. Zion's arms were folded as he scrutinized Liam from head to toe.

Dammit! I should've known.

Liam had concocted a grand way to break the news of our relationship -- and in front of no one else but Zion. The sin wound an arm over my shoulders and smirked. "Just setting boundaries."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"You sure you don't want me to kill him?" Zion asked me with one eyebrow raised.

I gave a small smile. "No."

Liam was looking particularly primed today. He wore a red and black flannel shirt over a dark tank top and jeans. The fact that he wore both his color and mine made me smile. And he knew that.

A black cap was placed over his styled haircut and he adjusted it; almost like he was trying to hide his face from the entire student body. Either way, he'll still be a topic of discussion; the story of three newcomers coming to our school only to find two missing with one continuously skipping class.

Before we left Dimitri's house, Liam suggested he fly here because he didn't want to be seen arriving with the Petersons. He thought associating with Zion will overshadow his popularity. Typical.

Zion rubbed his temple like he was trying to quench a migraine. "Whatever. Let's just go."

The three of us walked through the parking lot and towards the school building. We passed several students, hearing whispers in the process.

A girl was busy muttering to her friend. "It's the newcomer. I thought he quit school. Why is he hanging out with Penelope and Zion?"

Another group whispered beneath their breath. They glanced at the arm around me. "Great. Now that Pedro is gone, she has moved to the new kid. I thought he was single."

"He doesn't look innocent to me. Either way, it makes Zion available."

Liam grunted at my side, probably hearing everything and feeling disgusted. His cat eyes wandered around the place but no one noticed his odd pupils. Thanks to his phantom ability, his sinful features were replaced with normal ones. "I hate being referred to as the new kid."

I patted his arm, offering comfort. A girl stumbled unto our path and we automatically stopped. She straightened her pink pleated skirt and fidgeted with her fingers. "Um...hey Zion."

Well, that was oddly quick.

Zion stood before her, bulked with muscle that strained against his white button-down shirt with sleeves folded at the elbows. He stared uncertainly at the nervous girl. "Hey."

Before she could utter a word, he moved passed her and continued on his way. Feeling the rejection, tears spilled from her eyes almost instantly. She sprinted away with her head bowed.

Liam palmed his face. "Sometimes Zion can be so daft. The girl was obviously trying to make a conversation."

I shrugged. "No one approaches a Peterson without a goal in mind. A similar thing had happened to Pedro, living him scarred. Since then Zion has been protective when it comes to our little circle. He rejects anyone who approaches him or tries to worm their way through his brothers. The only person who succeeded was Dimitri. And besides, Zion doesn't desire any new relationships. Not yet."

Liam glanced at me for a second before looking away. He remained silent not saying a word. We walked through the doors, Zion now a few feet ahead of us. The place felt suffocating as people shuffled past, eyes staring. The fact that we missed class yesterday made everything so much worse

I hate this.

"Zion!" A voice rang out and we all stopped at once, looking behind. Someone pushed through the crowd, heading in our direction. The girl stopped before us, looking out of breath. She straightened up, her eyes swept kindly over Liam and me before meeting Zion. She gave a sweet motherly smile. "Hey."

My lips parted as I stared at the girl I was hoping to see. The one person I was looking for...

Helena.

Will she be rejected too? 👀

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow. Love you all💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 411 69
Cory, a cursed demigod fights his way through the many changing worlds, to find his family's killer or so it started. He is joined by mutiple demigod...
2.6K 130 12
|| DISCONTINUED || UNEDITED || POORLY TITLED || Scarlet and Alice - two very different girls, but both with the same problem: possessive issues. Well...
8.9K 208 21
*WARNING* Mature Adult Content. Please be advised, I recommend readers to be at least 18 years old. There are possible triggers included, proceed wit...
607K 30.4K 101
7 deadly demons and a freshman college girl. Surprisingly, they will become more attached to each other, than anyone could have predicted. *** Runni...