The Secret Daughter

By DragonLover366

Y/n is Ariel's little sister. She doesn't get recognized a lot, so when she meets Prince Eric she forms a qui... More

Authors Note
Characters
Kids
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Question
Part 5
Part 6

Chapter 3

240 4 0
By DragonLover366

~In the palace throne room~ 

Y/n and River hide behind a pillar watching the scene in front of them. Triton is looking at a flower. Triton: "Let's see, now... Oh, who could the lucky merman be?" He notices Sebastion. Triton: "Come in, Sebastion." Sebastian: (Sotto) "I mustn't overreact. I must remain calm. (Five octaves higher than normal) "Yes - (loco) yes, Your Majesty." Triton: "Now, Sebastian, I'm concerned about Ariel. Have you noticed she's been acting peculiar lately?" Sebastian: "Peculiar?" Triton: "You know, moaning about, daydreaming, singing to herself. . . . You haven't noticed, hmm?" Sebastian: "Oh - well, I -" Triton: "Sebastian..." Sebastian: "Hmmm?" Triton: "I know you've been keeping something from me..." Sebastian: "Keeping... something?" Triton: "About Ariel?" Sebastian: "Ariel...?" Triton: "In love?" Sebastian: "I tried to stop her, sir. She wouldn't listen. I told her to stay away from humans - they are bad, they are trouble, they -" River: *Whispering* "He just dug his own grave." Y/n quietly giggles. Triton: "Humans? WHAT ABOUT HUMANS?" Sebastian: "Humans? Ho ho ho ho... Who said anything about humans?" Y/n: "Father. The humans are sailing a bit closer than normal towards the kingdom." Triton: "Sebastian. Why didn't you tell me?" River: "Your Majesty." Triton: "River. A pleasure to see you again. Are you sure you wouldn't like to work here?" Y/n: "As tempting as the offer is, I am very happy with my job." Triton: "Sebastian." Y/n: "Father, you mustn't blame Sebastian he has a hard enough time watching Ariel since she's always sneaking off, and not listening to his warnings. Things like this are bound to go unnoticed when babysitting." Triton: "I suppose you're right." River: "We have bigger problems at hand with humans getting too close, which should be discussed over Ariel's obsession over a guy. Whom she hasn't even had a conversation with." Y/n: "Speaking of which, Sebastian where is Ariel?" Sebastian: "Probably still plucking flower petals."

~With Ariel~

Ariel: "Flounder, why can't you just tell me what this is all about?" Flounder: "You'll see. It's a surprise." Ariel: (Sees statue of Eric.) "Oh, Flounder- Flounder you're the best! it looks just like him. It even has his eyes. "Why, Eric, run away with you? This is all so - so sudden. . . . (Turns around and sees Triton.) Daddy!..." River: "Woah, what is this place?" Y/n: "Not the time, River." Triton: "I consider myself a reasonable merman. I set certain rules, and I expect those rules to be obeyed." Ariel notices Y/n and River looking around. Ariel: "But Daddy!-" Triton: Is it true you rescued a human from drowning?" Ariel: "Daddy, I had to-" Triton: "Contact between the human world and the mer-world is strictly forbidden. Ariel, you know that! Everyone knows that!" Ariel: "He would have died-" Triton: "One less human to worry about!" Ariel: "You don't even know him." Y/n: "Neither do you." River: "Did you even have a conversation with the guy before you 'fell in love' with him?" Ariel: "No, but that doesn't matter!" Triton: "Know him? I don't have to know him. They're all the same. Spineless, savage, harpooning, fish-eaters, incapable of any feeling-" Ariel: "Daddy, I love him!" Triton: "No... Have you lost your senses completely? He's a human, you're a mermaid!" River: "How would that work-" Y/n grabs a book and smacks her with it. Y/n: "Not the time!" River: "Ow!" Triton looks over to see Y/n smacking River with a book. Ariel: "I don't care." Triton: "So help me Ariel, I am going to get through to you. And if this is the only way, so be it." He begins to blast the artifacts with his trident. Ariel: "Daddy!...No...No, please- Daddy, stop!... Daddy, Nooo!!..." He blasts the statue. Ariel begins crying and he leaves, ashamed. Sebastion: "Ariel, I..." Ariel: (Still crying.) "Just go away." He leaves and Flotsam and Jetsam appear. Flotsam: "Poor child." Jetsam: "Poor, sweet child." Flotsam: "She has a very serious problem." Jetsam: "If only there were something we could do." Flotsam: "But there is something." Ariel: "Who - who are you?" Y/n: "Are they eels?" River: "I don't care they look cool!" Flotsam: "Thanks." Jetsam: "Don't be scared." Flotsam: "We represent someone who can help you." Jetsam: "Someone who could make all your dreams come true." Flotsam and Jetsam: "Just imagine -" Jetsam: "You and your prince -" Flotsam and Jetsam: "Together, forever. . . ." Ariel: "I don't understand." Jetsam: "Ursula has great powers." Ariel: "The sea witch? Why, that's - I couldn't possibly - no! Get out of here! Leave me alone!" Y/n: "That's rude." Y/n: "Please use the term sorceress." Flotsam: "Suit yourself." Jetsam: "It was only a suggestion." Jetsam flicks the statue's broken face towards Ariel. Ariel: [Looking at the face] "Wait." Flotsam and Jetsam: "Yeeeeeeeeeess?"

~Outside the cave~

Flounder: (snif) "Poor Ariel." Sebastion: "I didn't mean to tell, it was an accident." Ariel passes by. Sebastian: "Ariel - where are you going? Ariel, what are you doing here with this riff-raff?" Ariel: "I'm going to see Ursula." Sebastian: "Ariel, no! No, she's a demon, she's a monster!" Ariel: "Why don't you go tell my father? You're good at that." Sebastion: "But . . . But, I . . . (To Flounder.) Come on." They travel towards Ursula's cavern. Flotsam and Jetsam: "This way." Ariel enters and is hung up in the garden of souls. Y/n: "Uhhh." River: **Whispering* "Always complement the garden, no matter how bad it is." Y/n: "Lovely garden." River: "What kind of plants are these?" Ursula: "Thank you. Come in. Come in, my children. We mustn't lurk in doorways - it's rude. One MIGHT question your upbringing...Now, then. You're here because you have a thing for this human. This, er, prince fellow. Not that I blame you - he is quite a catch, isn't he? Well, angel fish, the solution to your problem is simple. The only way to get what you want - is to become a human yourself." Ariel: "Can you DO that?" Ursula: "My dear, sweet child. That's what I do - it's what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk - like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to." ???: "River!" Ursula: "Ulla!" Ulla: "Yes, mother?" River: "Hey, beautiful." Ulla: "This is why people think we're dating." River: "You've gotta admit you are beautiful." Y/n: "We're not here to flirt!" River: "Right, sorry." 

Ursula:

"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch

But you'll find that nowadays

I've mended all my ways

Repented, seen the light and made a switch

True? Yes

And I fortunately know a little magic

It's a talent that I always have possessed

And here lately, please don't laugh

I use it on behalf

Of the miserable, lonely and depressed

(Pathetic)

Poor unfortunate souls

In pain

In need

This one longing to be thinner

That one wants to get the girl

And do I help them?

Yes, indeed

Those poor unfortunate souls

So sad

So true

They come flocking to my cauldron

Crying, "Spells, Ursula please!"

And I help them?

Yes, I do

Now it's happened once or twice

Someone couldn't pay the price

And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals

Yes, I've had the odd complaint

But on the whole I've been a saint

To those poor unfortunate souls."

River claps. Y/n: "Encore!" Y/n, Ulla, and River: "Uncore!" Ursula: "Thank you. Thank you! Now, here's the deal. I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Now listen, this is important. Before the sun sets on the third day, you've got to get dear ol' princey to fall in love with you. That is, he's got to kiss you. Not just any kiss - the kiss of true love. If he does kiss you before the sun sets on the third day, you'll remain human, permanently, but - if he doesn't, you turn back into a mermaid, and - you belong to me." Sebastion: "No Ariel!" He is silenced by Flotsam and Jetsam. Ursula: "Have we got a deal?" Ariel: "If I become human, I'll never be with my father or sisters again." Ursula: "That's right. . . . But - you'll have your man. Life's full of tough choices, innit? Oh - and there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of the payment. You can't get something for nothing, you know." Ariel: "But I don't have any -" Ursula: "I'm not asking much. Just a token, really, a trifle. You'll never even miss it. What I want from you is . . . your voice." Ariel: "My voice?" Ursula: "You've got it, sweetcakes. No more talking, singing, zip." Ariel: "But without my voice, how can I -" Ursula: "You'll have your looks! Your pretty face! And don't underestimate the importance of body language! Ha!

The men up there don't like a lot of blabber

They think a girl who gossips is a bore

Yes, on land it's much preferred

For ladies not to say a word

And after all, dear, what is idle prattle for?

Come on, they're not all that impressed with conversation

True gentlemen avoid it when they can

But they dote and swoon and fawn

On a lady who's withdrawn

It's she who holds her tongue who gets her man

Come on, you poor unfortunate soul

Go ahead!

Make your choice!

I'm a very busy woman

And I haven't got all day

It won't cost much

Just your voice!

You poor unfortunate soul

It's sad

But true

If you want to cross a bridge, my sweet

You've got to pay the toll

Take a gulp and take a breath

And go ahead and sign the scroll!

Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've got her, boys

The boss is on a roll

This poor unfortunate soul."

Ariel signs contract.

"Paluga, sarruga, come winds of the Caspian Sea.

Now rings us glossitis and max laryngitis,

La voce to me!

Now . . . sing!"

Ariel sings.

Ursula: "Keep singing!" Giant magical hands rip out Ariel's voice and give it to Ursula. She laughs as Ariel is changed into a human and rushed to the surface by Flounder and Sebastion. River: "Please tell me we don't have to follow her up there." Y/n: "What does it interfere with your date?" Ulla & River: "Yes." River: "Why do I do this?" Y/n: "You love me." River: "You are my bestfriend. Ulla wanna go see what the human world entails. While watching Ariel try to get a guy to fall in love with her to appease her obsession." Ulla: "Can we mother?" Ursula: "Hmm...Sure. Have fun." Ulla: "Cool! I have the potion to take when we get up there." Ursula: "But I need you to collect some flowers from up there. I'm running low." Ulla: "Okay. Bye, mother!" River: "Wait up, Ulla!" Y/n: "Goodbye, Great Sorceress!" Ursula shakes her head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 84 10
Y/N used to be a normal girl in high school with her best friend. she lived with her elder sister and her younger brother. one day a boy came to her...
24.3K 955 36
Y/N is the Daughter of Ariel and Prince Eric. She's the older sister of Melody. Her mother has always sung her songs to keep her calm ever since she...
8.5K 100 10
Y/n is the second eldest princess born three minutes after her twin Ashlyn. Join her chaotic love life, and with the dutchess moving in she might hav...
325K 3.5K 14
(Y/n) gets transferred to a new school with his best friend, who is secretly in love with him. He quickly makes a lot of friends, and seems to have a...