Avengers: Endgame(Book 10)

By ScarletWitch19

It's been five years since the death of Kaitlyn Summers. After Thanos snapped his fingers and wiped out half... More

Cast
Chapter 1- Where are they?
Chapter 2- Becoming Whole
Chapter 3- The Plan
Chapter 4- Thor
Chapter 5- Back Together
Chapter 6- The How Works
Chapter 7- Time Heist Part 1
Chapter 8- Time Heist Part 2
Chapter 9- Time Heist Part 3
Chapter 10- Time Heist Part 4
Chapter 11- Bruce's Snap
Chapter 12- Tres Amigos
Chapter 14- Portals
Chapter 15- Girl Power
Chapter 16- I Am Iron Man
Chapter 17- I Love You 3,000
Chapter 18- Everything will be Okay

Chapter 13- Tunnel Escape

169 5 5
By ScarletWitch19

Clint, Will, and I run with the Infinity Gauntlet while the Outriders continue to chase us. Will trips on a metal grate, and I run over to help him up.

"Come on, Will, we gotta keep going!" I say.

"I don't think I can," Will says.

"The Outriders are getting close. We can't let them get the stones." I say.

"Kaitlyn, my leg is broken. I can barely walk." Will says. "I have to stay here."

"What? No! I'm not leaving here without you." I say.

"Guys, what are you doing?! Come on." Clint says.

"Will says he can't keep going," I say.

"What?" Clint says.

"I'm holding you guys up. I have to stay down here." Will says. I see two Outriders approaching us and I take them out with a blast of blue energy.

"You are not holding us up. We can get you out of here." I say.

Will shakes his head. "Kait. It's too late for me."

I bend down next to Will. "No, it's not too late. Come on. Just take my hand." I extend my hand out to Will. He just looks at me.

"Guys, we really need to keep moving," Clint says.

"Will, come on," I say.

"You really are stubborn, you know that?" Will says.

"And you're just now realizing that? Come on." I say. Will takes my hand, and I carefully help him up. The three of us continue to run down the tunnel. As we run, Clint plants explosive arrows on the walls, and they go off, setting the Outriders on fire. I create a force field to protect us from the blast as we are knocked to the ground.

Clint pulls Will and me close and attaches a rope that begins to pull us upward. An Outrider grabs Will and pulls him down. "No! Will!" I shout.

"Kaitlyn!" Clint takes out his sword and fends off the remaining Outriders while I let go of Clint and take out the Outrider that was attacking Will.

His flesh was being torn open as I sent out a blast of energy at the Outrider. The only thing I could hear now was the painful sounds of moaning that escaped his lips. I run over and kneel next to him. I noticed the pool of blood that was flowing underneath him as tears began to form in my eyes.

"Kait...Kaitlyn." Will's hoarse voice tried to say.

"Shh. Shh. Don't speak. You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay." I say, my voice breaking. Behind us, Clint stands with the Infinity Gauntlet as Will struggled to breathe.

"Just breathe. Just breathe, okay? Look at me." I say.

"Kaitlyn...There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I knew it...from the first moment we met." Will says as he struggled to get out the words. "I love you. Always have. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You changed my life, and I couldn't be more grateful. I just wanted you to know that."

"I love you, too. You're my best friend, Will." I say, which made Will smile.

"When you see my family, tell them that I love 'em...and that I'm sorry I couldn't be there," Will says. "And about that first date...I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it."

"Please, Will, don't go. I need you." I sobbed. Will places a gentle hand on my cheek. I lean down, and we share a kiss. He wipes a tear from my cheek once our lips part.

"I can't do this without you," I say.

"Yes, you can, and you will. Do you know why? Because you are strong. You are the bravest, most powerful person I have ever met, and you always do what is right. Never forget that." Will says. "And one more thing. Kick Thanos' ass for me, okay?"

I nodded my head and watched Will as he breathed his last. I start sobbing and lay my head on Will's chest. After a few moments, I hear footsteps approaching me and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Kaitlyn, but we have to go." I hear Clint say. I didn't want to let go of Will. I wanted to stay down here and be by his side. I couldn't move. It was like everyone I know and love was being taken away from me.

Clint gently takes my arm and carefully pulls me away from Will. He hugs me as I cry into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him," Clint says.

"He didn't deserve this." I cried.

"He didn't, but you know what? He died a hero. He died an Avenger." Clint says.

"How can I face his family now?" I say, looking at Clint.

"Just tell them the truth," Clint says. Feeling tears form in my eyes again, I lay my head on Clint's shoulder, and he attaches a rope that pulls us upward.

Clint rolls onto his back, gauntlet still in his hand, while I lay flat on my stomach, still paralyzed with grief after watching Will die before my eyes. Clint looks up when he sees 2014 Nebula walk up to us. "Oh, hey. We know you." Clint says. He hands her the gauntlet.

"Father...I have the stones...and the girl." Nebula says. I quickly look up when I felt Nebula grabbing me by the arm.

"What?" Clint asks. He tries to get up, but Nebula steps her foot down on him and points her gun at him.

"Stop." I hear a familiar voice say. Nebula and I turn around to see Gamora coming around a corner, pointing her gun at her sister. "Let her go."

"You're betraying us?" Nebula asks.

With her hands up, present-day Nebula joins Gamora from 2014, and 2014 Nebula lets me go when she points her gun at her future self. Clint gets up and moves me behind him in a protective stance as we take cover and watch the scene play out.

"You don't have to do this." 2023 Nebula cautions. 2014 Nebula glances between her and Gamora.

"I am this." 2014 Nebula replies.

"No, you're not," Gamora says.

"You've seen what we become." Nebula says, pointing to the metal skin on her forehead.

With tears shining in her eyes, 2014 Nebula gives Gamora an uncertain look.

"Nebula, listen to her," Gamora says.

"You can change." Nebula says. Gamora lowers her gun.

"He won't let me." 2014 Nebula says. She raises her gun to fire at Gamora, but present-day Nebula shoots her past self, and sparks fly out of her chest as she falls to her knees and dies. Clint picks up the gauntlet, and he and I leave the two sisters.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Tony says as he lands harshly on the ground.

Thor bangs Stormbreaker and Mjolnir together and sends a beam of lightning that is sucked up by Tony's suit, and he shoots it out using his hands and body. Thanos twirls his large blade to divert the energy. Thor uses Stormbreaker like a bat to hit Mjolnir, but Thanos uses Tony as a shield, and the hammer hits him instead, sending him crashing against debris.

Tony is unconscious. "Boss, wake up!" Tony's AI F.R.I.D.A.Y. calls out to him.

Steve tries to attack Thanos but is knocked to the ground by the Mad Titan. Thanos swings his sword at Thor, who dodges it by sliding underneath it, and he fights Thanos with Stormbreaker.

Thor forces the blade away from Thanos, who at the same time disarms the God of Thunder, allowing the purple alien to grab him by the neck and starts to choke him.

Thanos hurls him into a tree root and continuously beats him. He then proceeds to throw him into a piece of concrete before kicking him in the chest and brutally punching him in the face. Thor weakly calls Stormbreaker to him, but Thanos catches the weapon and uses it against Thor as he tries to defend himself. Unknown to them, Mjolnir levitates off the ground. Thor strains against his own ax when Mjolnir comes flying straight towards Thanos and hits him, knocking him off of Thor. The hammer flies back to the one who called it, and Steve Rogers catches it.

Thor looks on with amazement, and he smiles. "I knew it!"

Thanos kicks Thor to the ground and proceeds to battle Steve as he holds both Mjolnir and his red, white, and blue shield. Steve charges at Thanos, swinging Mjolnir from 2013, and hits Thanos in the face, knocking him down. Steve throws his shield, and Thanos from 2014 deflects it. Captain America throws Mjolnir to his shield, creating a shockwave and knocking Thanos off his feet.

Going on the offensive, Steve throws his shield first at Thanos and quickly hits it back at him again with Mjolnir. He lines his arm back up and underarms a channel of lightning on Thanos.

The Mad Titan eventually gets the upper hand as he removes his helmet, stabs Steve in the leg, and knocks Mjolnir out of his hand. As Thanos raises his weapon, Steve holds his shield, but the blade slices into the metal. He continues to defend himself with the vibranium weapon, but the Titan's powerful blows chip away the top of his shield.

Thanos finishes the battle by throwing Steve across the battlefield. The Captain tries to get up, but he just lays on his back. "In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet, I'm gonna enjoy it...very, very much." Thanos says as his entire army from 2014 is summoned to the ground. It included the Children of Thanos, Chitauri, Sakaarans, Outriders, and Chitauri Gorillas. Upon seeing his army descending to Earth, Steve slowly gets back to his feet.

With fierce determination, Steve tightens his broken shield to his arm and stands against Thanos' army alone.

But could he do this alone? With his friends nowhere to be seen, how could one man face an entire alien army by himself?

It almost seemed impossible.

Knowing what is about to happen, the Captain still stands. He is ready to fight. He is willing to do whatever it takes to defeat Thanos once and for all. He will fight until he can't anymore, till his last breath.

One final fight.

The Endgame.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Will is dead. This chapter was very hard for me to write. Originally I was not going to kill him off but as Kaitlyn's story progressed, I was thinking of more ideas for Kaitlyn after Endgame and well, things changed. But don't worry, I have a very specific reason for why this is happening and all of your questions will be answered soon! Just hang on a little bit longer, guys! We can get through this!

If you guys liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 230 9
The Avengers must stop Thanos, an intergalactic warlord, from getting his hands on all the infinity stones. However, Thanos is prepared to go to any...
539K 23.1K 38
Steve and the reader have a tumultuous relationship, made worse by his past with Peggy Carter, a traumatic injury with lasting effects, and an unlike...
135K 2.5K 35
(Civil War- Endgame+ AU) "But then again that's the hero gig... Part of the journey is the end." ~Tony Stark This Marvel Cinema...
2.5K 46 6
The remaining Avengers -- Tony Stark, (Y/n) The Witch, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner -- must figure out a way to bring back the...