Onward: Don't Hold Back

By DenimJacketWoman

Edit on 10/19/2022; Almost three months ago, I was eligible to enter on The Wattys 2022. I have checked today... More

Notes before the Disney-Pixar Crossover Fanfic
The Lightfoot Brothers
The Wisps
This is Unexpected
What Are You?
The Quest for the Teleportation Gem
Laurel
Knolling Hills
The Centaur
The Resting Area
The Fierce Battle
The Gremlin
Loch Lake
Heart-to-Heart Talk at Loch Lake
What Are You Really?!
The Manticore's Tavern
New Mushroomton
The Witch
The Way to Defeat Mor'du the Demon Bear
The Ring of Stones
Facing the Fearsome Foe of Scotland
Castle Dunbroch
Use What You've Got
The Invisibility Spell
The Cake
Wait, She's a Bear?!
In Guinevere II
Merida's Dilemma
The Forest of the Brave Wilderness
The Teleportation Gem
The Fog
In the Witch's Cottage
Confronting Queen Elinor
Mending the Tapestry
Breaking the Witch's Spell
The Way to the Lake of Nessie
Don't Hold Back
Notes from DenimJacketWoman/Writer's Block
Barley
One last note

The Kelpie

13 2 0
By DenimJacketWoman

Clan Dunbroch bids the farewell to Clan Lightfoot.

The Lightfoots says their goodbyes to the royal family of Dunbroch.

Queen Elinor looked at her daughter astonishingly. "Merida, I can't believe ye hugged the elf." Queen Elinor said.

King Fergus was happy, laughing with his daughter.

The princess shrugs with her grin.

Laurel was surprised at her blue burly elf son. "Barley, I can't believe you kissed the human." She said.

Ian was puzzled at his elder brother. "The Scottish human princess on her hand, Barley." He confirms.

The blue burly elf shrugged. Barley was glad. "My gut tells me that I should give Merida the love from me, in the friendship way." He clarified.

Ian raises his eyebrow at his elder brother. Barley haven't speaking Scottish anymore. The blue burly elf has not realize yet.

Laurel was going to say something else to Barley.

Then, someone calls her name out.

She turned around. Laurel was perplexed. "Colt?" She inquires.

The Lightfoot brothers sees the familiar centaur.

Officer Colt Bronco was peculiar yet contented. "Laurel, Barley, Ian, I looked everywhere for you." The centaur said.

Laurel was happy. "Colt, I'm so glad you're here." She said.

Barley and Ian are unease.

The blue burly elf shakes his youngest brother. "Ian, Colt has six hooves. I remembered Colt has four hooves." Barley mentions.

The blue skinny elf was frightened. "What are we gonna do?" Ian asks in his whisper.

The blue burly elf was resolute. "The Truth Spell..." Barley answers.

The blue skinny elf nodded his head twice.

Laurel rotated herself to face her two blue elf sons. She was solemn. "Boys, what's wrong?" Laurel wondered.

The blue burly elf was serious. "Mom, Officer Bronco got lost in the fog. We don't know if he's really him." Barley replied.

The Lightfoots' blue elf mother was baffling yet understood. Laurel faced the centaur. "Colt, say something funny." She said nervously.

Officer Colt Bronco was delighted. "So have you been hardly workin' or working hard?" He inquired, chuckling like a horse.

Laurel gasped in shock.

Barley pointed at the centaur. The blue burly elf was fierce. "That's NOT Officer Bronco!" Barley shouted.

Ian made his wizard's stance. The blue skinny elf lunged his brown wooden staff. "Trustavera!" Ian yelled.

The spell hit Colt.

The centaur was emotionless.

Then, Officer Colt Bronco gradually reveals his true form.

It was the dripping wet blue horse. Its eyes are blue as the lake.

Laurel was scared. "What is THAT MONSTER?!" She screams in her inquiry.

The Lightfoot brothers are horrified. Their eyes are widened.

Barley was concerned. "THE KELPIE!" He shrieked.

Ian gasps.

The kelpie was irritated. It was going to attack the Lightfoots.

King Fergus came to the scene with his clan. The king was stern. "DESTROY IT!" King Fergus yells.

The king's guardsmen attack the kelpie with their spears.

The kelpie rises up its two hooves to scare the people away. The guardsmen did not flinch.

The arrow hit the kelpie's neck. It was snorting in its anger.

The Lightfoots glanced from behind.

It was Princess Merida. She has her first archery set with her. The princess readies to shoot her next arrow. "Use the incantation! We'll take care of the monster!" Merida hollers.

The blue skinny elf was anxious at his elder brother. "Barley, we can't leave them like this! They'll get hurt if we did!" Ian exclaims.

The blue burly elf nodded his head at his youngest brother. "Okay, Ian! Mom and I will fight the kelpie! Once the monster gets tired, use Arcane Lightning!" Barley exclaimed.

The Lightfoot brothers glances at their blue elf mother.

Laurel was determined at her sons. She nodded her head twice. Laurel prepares her warrior's stance.

And so does the blue burly elf.

The two warriors of Lightfoot encounters the kelpie.

Barley was angry. He growled with his teeth.

Laurel made a sulky face. She removed her black glasses off of her face. "I'm a mighty warrior." Laurel uttered.

Laurel and Barley charges at the kelpie.

King Fergus was mystified at the Lightfoots. The king has his sword on his right hand. "You elves are fighting with us?" King Fergus asked.

Barley was swishing his sword at the kelpie. The kelpie backed up. "I know the kelpie's weakness. Ian's going to use his magic again." He added, slashing his sword at the kelpie twice. The kelpie evaded his two sword attacks. "If his lightning magic hits THAT kelpie, it'll be beaten immediately." Barley explained.

Laurel swishes her sword at the kelpie thrice times. The kelpie backs up a bit more. "We're giving him time to prepare his wizard's magic with his staff." She clarified.

King Fergus acknowledges them. The king fights with the Lightfoots against the kelpie.

Merida continues shooting the kelpie with her arrows three times.

The kelpie kept getting hit by arrows on its neck three times. The kelpie got angrier. The kelpie sends the lake waters at King Fergus, Barley and Laurel, including the guardsmen.

They have been falling down backwards. King Fergus, Barley and Laurel are grunting on their backs.

The kelpie detected the princess.

Merida was not afraid. She keeps shooting her arrows at the kelpie twice.

The kelpie was triggered, getting shot by arrows twice. It dashes after the princess.

King Fergus was alarmed. "WATCH OUT, LASS!" He hollered.

The Lightfoot warriors are terror-stricken. Laurel was gasping.

Barley was panicked. "MERIDA!" He screamed.

The blue skinny elf was fearful. "NO!" Ian shrieks.

The blue skinny elf was furious. Ian furrowed his eyebrows. The blue skinny elf made his wizard's stance. Ian thrusts his brown wooden staff. The blue skinny elf wouldn't let the kelpie go near the princess. "VOLTAR THUNDASIR!" Ian screamed at the top of his lungs.

The electric force appears from the tip of his staff.

It was going fast.

Merida efforts to stop the kelpie yet failed. The princess takes cover.

The kelpie was nearing Merida.

The lightning magic zapped at the kelpie.

The kelpie was burst into lake water.

The kelpie was gone.

Barley and Laurel are sighing in relief.

King Fergus was so glad that his daughter was okay.

The princess uncover herself. Merida smiles.

Ian was chuckling with happiness.

Barley and Laurel got up from the ground steady.

The blue burly elf was cheerful. Barley raises his roofs. "IAN BEAT THE KELPIE!" He cheers.

Laurel was jumping with joy. "YES! YES!" She cheered.

Barley and Laurel are laughing together.

Merida rushes to her father.

King Fergus wraps his big arms around his daughter. The king was joyful. "Oh my wee brave princess...I was so worried about ye..." he said.

King Fergus and Merida embraced each other.

The princess was delighted. "I guess ye taught me well dad." Merida mentioned.

The king laughs with his daughter.

Queen Elinor joins the hug with King Fergus and the princess. They are so darn happy.

The trio of Lightfoots meets each other. They are hugging together.

King Fergus, Queen Elinor and Princess Merida looked at the three elves.

Laurel, Barley and Ian looks back at the royal family of Dunbroch.

They are smiling at each other. Because they knew that everything will be okay in the end.

The Lightfoots stayed at the Lake of Nessie.

For what they got left to do soon, they are going to use the incantation with the Teleportation Gem. To return to the United Realms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1K 30
Just some various head canons and scenarios between the reader and the Lightfoot brothers.
63.6K 2.2K 40
***Official Wattpad LOTR Fanfic*** Here follows the story of Thranduil, newly crowned King of the Woodland Realm. These pages tell of how he met the...
2.5K 83 29
Update Sept. 2023: The 3rd draft of this story is slowly being updated. If all goes according to plan then it should hopefully be completed somewhere...
1K 51 15
(Takes place after the 2020 Disney/Pixar "Onward" movie & Cover Credit goes to @Jake_is_Great.) After saving their town from a curse, 19 year old Bar...