๐ƒ๐ž๐ข๐ž๐ซ๐ง | ๐‡๐š๐ข๐ค๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ฎ...

By kurolou_29

[ ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’! ๐‡๐€๐ˆ๐Š๐˜๐”๐” ๐— ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ] No one would ever thought that the King of the Court, Kage... More

๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ‘
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ’
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ“
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ”
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ•
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ–
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ—
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐‡๐„๐€๐ƒ๐‚๐€๐๐Ž๐๐’ & ๐๐„๐‡๐ˆ๐๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐‚๐„๐๐„๐’
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–

๐๐Ž๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’

4.5K 250 204
By kurolou_29

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 24 - EVERYTHING I'VE WENT THROUGH MADE ME 'ME'

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝And after that... I travelled all over Japan for three years.❞

Lighthearted and nostalgic chuckles left the young Deiern's lips, gazing at the sun rising in the horizon. "In order to fix the issues that the nereids and onis made, I had to do a lot and travel to use my powers for the good of the humans. As a result, I made a lot of connections and yeah... eventually, I decided to stay in Miyagi, since it is the only prefecture I know a lot about," she explained.

"Mother and I moved, but since she also roams around for long periods of time, she doesn't really know where our house is." The (H/C)-haired girl tried to look up at her bestfriend to see his reaction, but he had his chin resting on top of her head and he was hugging her so tightly that she couldn't move.

She looked down, continuing, "Actually, before the two of us met, Mother told me that Noi-san and Akina-san got married. I think I got a little sad at that time. No, that was a lie already. I told you guys, right? That I felt heartbroken. That I felt like I was going to give up. But..."

(Y/N) smiled, eyes crinkling fondly.

"Thanks to that, I met you, Tobio."

"I saw you looking down on your own, and I wanted to help. I don't know what you were doing back then, however, I'm so glad I talked to you!" (Y/N) turned to him, spreading ehr arms and grinning widely. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be able to meet so many people who will care about me." She rested her forehead on top of his chest, sighing. "So... Thank you, Tobio. For listening and... everything."

He hasn't been talking for a while... (Y/N) stiffened. It must be a lot to take in. She pursed her lips nervously. Of course it, your friend isn't a human being and has been keeping this big secret for a long time. Who wouldn't be shaken? She felt trembling from him and became alarmed and concerned. "Tobio? What's wro—"

"Why... Why didn't you... tell me this sooner?"

Kageyama had his eyes shadowed by his bangs, hiding his expression. He gritted his teeth, gripping his friend's shoulders tightly as he desperately shouted out, "Why didn't you tell me the weight on your shoulders?! Why didn't you... just express your feelings sooner?! Why...?"

"...Just why?!"

(Y/N) only blinked at his outburst, a soft smile etched on her beautiful and lovely face.

"Because I really knew... I knew that..." The medical journalist came to face her bestfriend, only to see tears streaming down his face.

"...You would cry for me."

Kageyama bit his lip and stared at her for a moment. He shook his head and buried his head on her shoulder to hide his tears. "Shut up... I-I'm not...! I'm not... crying...!"

"You areee~" (Y/N) embraced him and caressed the back of his head. "There, there. Let it all out. It's alright. Thank you for crying for me. I'm okay now, everything is going to become alright now. Don't worry."

"Y-You're the one who's supposed to be crying... you little shit...!" Kageyama cursed while sobbing and wrapping his arms around her body.

"Hey! I cried, too, you know! Only a little though," (Y/N) playfully told him and cupped his cheeks to wipe his tears with her thumb. She noticed his stare and tilted her head in confusion. "Hm? What's wrong?"

"...Can I look at your horn?"

"Oh sure, it isn't there anymore though."

The ravenette swept some of her (H/C) locks to look at her. He narrowed his eyes at the scarred area. So this is where they cut her... this is the cause of her headaches. He gritted his teeth. Just imagining the pain his bestfriend went through made him boil in anger. It's over now, she's alright and she's with me—with us. He gently stroked her (S/C) skin and placed his lips on the place where (Y/N)'s oni horn was previously at. That's more than enough.

Unbeknownst his uncharacteristic intimate action made (Y/N) flushed. What the heck was that...? Holy shit, that was so un-Tobio like! Calm down... calm down... She panicked inside his head before patting and combing his dark locks to calm herself down. She caught his look of deep thought and asked, "What are you thinking about over there?"

Kageyama shook his head. "Nothing really. I'm still shocked about a lot of things, but I kind of understand it since you taught me a lot of Greek mythology."

(Y/N) blinked. "Oh, so you're still shocked? Well that's a given. Learning that your bestfriend can kind of manipulate a lot of things kinda gives the spooks to a lot."

Kageyama cringed. "Why would I be spooked? You're not one to use that mageia of yours without a good reason. I'd get super mad if you tried erasing my memories though. Like seriously." He glared at her.

"...I definitely won't do that. I'm sorry. I swear I won't do it."

"You swear?"

"I swear! And, hei hei, I'll even give you my pinky as a promise!"

"Don't give it." She really speaks that way, doesn't she? The 'hei hei' of hers. She said that she got it from her father, right? Wait... His eyes widened in realization and guessed, "Wait... I suddenly remember the 'Kou' you mentioned. It kinda matches up... Huh... no way, right?" (Y/N) hummed questioningly and waited for him to finish. "Didn't Bokuto-san suddenly yell out a 'Mori' yesterday when (M/N)-san was talking about (F/N)-san?"

"Yes, he did..." (Y/N) trailed off. "Gasp... don't tell me..."

The two pointed at each other and in unison, they went, "He's Kou!"

"The names match up, too!" (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, and he says that 'hey, hey' catchphrase!" Kageyama added. He grinned and hugged her out of excitement. He never would have thought that his carefree bestfriend would have been through so much, so after hearing how much she struggled and experienced to reach this point. Honestly, he just felt so... glad for her. He couldn't describe the happiness he had when (Y/N) receives what she deserved. "You met him again," he mumbled.

Little tears of joy dropped on the corner of (Y/N)'s eyes. She laughed. "Yeah... I did...!" She pulled away, so that she could look at him properly. "Seriously though... thank you for listening, Tobio. Although you weren't the first one to find out my identity, you were the first one whom I told all of this chaos in my mind. It feels like a huge boulder has been lifted up from my shoulders!" She cheerfully mused with stretched arms.

"That was nothing and I'm just glad that you told me." Kageyama blinked, looking up to her, navy blue eyes still dry with tears. He gently lifted his hand, wiping the little droplets that were on the corner of his friend's (E/C) eyes. "But, who were the ones who found out about you?"

"Kenma-san and Akira," (Y/N) frankly answered.

"Oh... no surprise there," The ravenette honestly trailed off, making his friend deadpan. "I don't know about Noi-san and I'll help you search for him of course, although... I really do think that Akina-san and Kunimi are related. Back in middle school, I heard Kindaichi talking about Kunimi that has an older sister that was involved in a big incident back then." He hummed and suggested, "Maybe we could meet her?"

"Hm... not now! I'm still not prepared! And I heard from mother that Akina-san and Noi-san live together so no one knows where they are right now."

"Prepare yourself then. Once we get back to Miyagi, I'm forcing your ass to where Akina-san and Noi-san are."

(Y/N) was blank for a second at his declaration. Then, she suddenly waved her hands in front of her and shook at her position vigorously.

"No fucking way! I'll breAK DOWN IF I SEE THEM!"

"HA?! JUST BREAK DOWN THEN!"

"I DON'T WANNA! IT'S EMBARRASSING! ALSO THEY MIGHT REMEMBER ME!"

"WHO CARES! JUST CRY IF YOU WANT TO! AND IF THEY REMEMBER, THEN THEY REMEMBER!"

"AKINA-SAN AND NOI-SAN WILL BE WEIRDED OUT!"

"WELL, I DON'T CARE! YOU'RE ALREADY STRANGE! LET'S JUST GO AND MEET THE TWO OF THEM!"

"NO WAY!"

"YES WAY!"

And, yes, a brawl has transpired. Only a playful one though. Kageyama was aggressively pinching (Y/N)'s cheeks with a pout, while (Y/N) was pressing her palms on Kageyama's eyes and circling it vigorously.

"What the—so this is where the two of you have been! We have been searching for you guys all night! But, why the heck are you fighting so early in the morning?!"

"Because (Y/N)-san is stupid!"

"Ha?! You are the stupid one, Tobio!"

"You are!"

"No, you are!"

"Kuroo! Stop laughing over there and help me out!"

"Pft! Alright, Mister Sawamura!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"What were the two of you doing... Mou...?"

Daichi trailed off in exasperation as he gazed at the sheepish-looking bestfriends. It looked like they were fighting, but... He sighed in relief as he saw their conditions. Even if they argue, I don't think they would be able to hurt each other. He noticed Kageyama's face and furrowed his eyebrows in worry at the redness on the ends of his eyes. "Hey, Kageyama...? Did something happen? Did you cry?"

Kuroo leaned over. "Now that you mention it... You looked like you cried." He frowned. "You alright over there, dude?"

Kageyama nodded. "Yes, I am. Sorry for the bother." He casually jutted his thumb at his bestfriend. "She made me cry."

(Y/N) flinched and slammed her hands on the table. "Well, sorry about that! I cried, too, you know!"

She cried...? Daichi and Kuroo thought in disbelief. To them, the medical journalist was quite the immovable person. She isn't easily affected by every little single thing. Of course she does get flustered and loud from time to time, but usually, she's always smiling and cheering up everyone, so... they never really see her feel down or some sort. Even her mother stated that she hasn't seen her own daughter get genuinely angry and break down.

"You... okay, (Y/N)?" Kuroo slowly inquired.

Remembering how Kuroo approached them and apologized for taunting Tsukishima, Daichi absentmindedly noted; The two of them are surprisingly alike... Kuroo and (Y/N).

While Daichi and Kageyama looked surprised at his question, (Y/N) beamed and gave him a thumbs up. "Of course, I am! Thanks for the worry!" She answered enthusiastically. They heard footsteps coming from the other side and lit up to see her clone. "Ah! Mother! Hello!" She waved her hand to her sleepy mother.

(M/N)'s eyes fluttered. She was sleepy and tired, but seeing her beloved daughter certainly swept all of those away. She beamed, running to (Y/N) and embracing her. "My baby! Hi, hi! Good morning! How are you doing? I'm so happy to see you!" She turned to the volleyball players present. "Good morning to y'all as well. Did you have a great sleep?"

"Yes, we did," Kuroo answered, a grin present on his face.

Daichi sweatdropped. "We woke up to some certain people having a brawl though."

Kageyama and (Y/N) looked away.

(M/N) blinked. She noticed the redness on the corners of the teens' eyes and softened. I see... So (Y/N) told him. She smiled, patting the setter's head. "Thank you, Tobio." Kageyama and the two other captains were puzzled at the sudden compliment, but the ravenette who knew what she was talking about, just shook his head and mutter 'it's nothing'. "No, it's not nothing. It means a lot to me." (M/N) gave the ravenette a soft smile and nuzzled her cheek on (Y/N)'s. "I'm proud of you, too, dear."

"Hm? I don't know why, but thank you."

(M/N) giggled and ruffled her daughter's hair. "There are others coming for breakfast, right? Want me to cook for you?" Since (Y/N) was good at cooking, of course, they assumed that her mother was good at it, too. So, they agreed without hesitation. And, yes, their assumptions were right. (M/N) can cook first-star restaurant food. After all, she has travelled all over the world, trying out everything and anything (yes, that includes insects).

"I can help." (Y/N) was about to stand up but her mother stopped her by putting hands on her shoulders.

"No, let me give you a treat once in a while." (M/N) pecked the top of her head. "It's rare for you to receive anything."

(Y/N) looked genuinely bewildered at that. "I do, but alright...?"

(M/N) nodded. She gathered her hair in one place and tied her cyan locks in a high ponytail. This gesture of hers, certainly charming the teenagers present, even her own daughter. She turned to the mesmerized teens, (E/C) eyes twinkling as she smirked with a thumbs up. "Just leave the food to me." And just like that, she left. To go to the kitchen of course.

The first one to speak amidst the silence is (Y/N). She had her hands covering her mouth, trying to hide the awed gasps leaving her. "Holy shit... I can't believe my mother is so pretty. What the heck?"

Kuroo laughed in amusement. He had never seen a child simp for her own mother in a joking yet real way. He reached out to her and patted her head. "True, but you are very beautiful as well."

(Y/N) exploded into a tomato at the sudden compliment. "T-That's unfair, Kuroo-san...!"

"Haha, why? I was just telling the truth," Kuroo said, smiling gently at her expressiveness.

"It's... not true, but t-thank you, I guess...?" (Y/N) unsurely trailed off.

Daichi frowned and stepped on Kuroo's foot under the table. "Don't flirt with our medical journalist like that," he reprimanded his fellow captain who pouted at him. He clicked his tongue at how flustered their medical journalist. And, she even reacted to it. I'll call her that next time.

"Hm? Daichi and Kuroo? Kageyama and (Y/N)-san are here, too. What are you guys doing so early in the morning?" They turned at the voice, only to see Sugawara with Akaashi trailing behind him. "Good morning," They both greeted in unison.

"Morning!" The four greeted back in different tones.

"We're waiting for (M/N)-san's food," Kuroo answered.

"Oh, (M/N)-san is still here?" Akaashi questioned, looking around. He actually thought that (M/N) wasn't here anymore since he kind of thought that the older woman was the restless type. Someone who wouldn't stay in one place.

"I'm here!" (M/N) suddenly chirped from the kitchen. She was glad that the boys couldn't see her because she was using her mageia to cook some of the food she was making right now. She didn't want to make them wait.

"Good morning, (M/N)-san," Akaashi and Sugawara greeted.

"Morning! You boys stay there for some food! Hope you can wait for a little while!"

(Y/N) smiled. "We don't mind, Mother. Just take your time."

"Thank you dear!"

So adorable, thought (Y/N), endeared. She chuckled, enjoying her mother's interactions with her friends. Her mother was really good at adjusting with whoever she was. And, no matter how young or old is a person, (M/N) doesn't really discriminate. She admires her for that. She wonders where (M/N) learned that from (from you obviously, (Y/N) u idiot). "Hopefully I can be like that, too..." she mutters to herself while stretching her arms to wave off the lethargy rising in her body.

"Be like what?" Sugawara inquired as he sat by her side.

"To be as... adaptable and talkative to people as Mother," (Y/N) answered.

Her seatmates deadpanned. "Are you kidding?" They chorused.

"You're just like her! Even more, too!" Sugawara said.

"You're literally the most extroverted person we know," Kuroo stated. His statement making the rest nod in agreement.

"Really? I'm extroverted? I love people, but I don't think I talk to them that much though...?" (Y/N) mused. The volleyball players were in disbelief. She was... striking up a conversation with every people she came across innately? That was scary. She was truly the definition of 'monster of communication'. No, she was a genius in that aspect! But maybe because... she doesn't know what she's doing... is what draws everyone to her.

"I really can't comprehend that 'I love people' quote of hers," Daichi said in exasperation.

"And (Y/N)-san is surprisingly quite oblivious to the impact she has, huh," Akaashi sarcastically added.

"Eh? And hey! You're talking to that 'her' right in front of you, you know."

Kageyama quietly nodded. And exactly because he had heard what (Y/N) has been through that he's so confused as to why his bestfriend can never hold hatred for anyone. Just what is going on with her brain? He wondered. He yawned, which the only girl present in the table noticed quickly.

Uwah, we didn't sleep. I'm fine because I'm used to not sleeping, but Tobio who has a healthy routine...? (Y/N) turned to her bestfriend, asking worriedly, "Shouldn't you head back and get some rest first? Sorry for keeping you up earlier." The rest perked up at what she said. Keeping Kageyama up? From what? Did they talk about something?

Lifting his hand, Kageyama messed with her (H/C) locks. "Idiot, don't apologize. The lack of sleep today was truly worth it, and... I can just sleep later." (Y/N) smiled, thanking him quietly. Her quiet gratitude made him smile a little. And of course, this gesture of his was seen by a lot of people. Oh, maybe I should ask them. They know a lot after all, thought the setter. "Sawamura-san, Sugawara-san, do you know someone of the name 'Udai'?"

(Y/N) gawked at his straightforward. This guy...! She was thankful for his help, but this fast? Holy shit, her bestfriend was the definition of speed. "Tobio, thank you, but what the heck...!"

"What? We need information."

"We can just do it when we get back!"

What are they talking about? The others wondered.

Daichi and Sugawara shared glances before shaking their heads. "I don't really know where I've heard that name before, but I think it's kind of familiar. I don't know why though," The platinum-haired setter said.

(Y/N) perked up. Familiar?

"True... It's like on the tip of my tongue," The captain of their team commented. "Why though?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

Nice, Tobio! (Y/N) gave him a thumbs-up.

"Why the heck are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing! Just proud! Thank you again, hehe!"

And since this is a moment where (Y/N) is content and in the mood, her phone buzzed out of nowhere. This caught the attention of the athletes. They watched as she took out her phone and smile sheepishly at what she saw. "Oikawa-san... what the hell is this?"

"Oikawa?!" Sugawara and Daichi exclaimed.

"May I ask who is that?" questioned Akaashi in curiosity.

Kageyama replied for his shocked seniors, "He's a setter from Miyagi. A third year and a captain from Seijoh."

"Seijoh? Oooh, is that the Aoba Johsai school who has always been fighting against Shiratorizawa in the finals?" Kuroo mused.

"Yes."

"Oh, yeah, I haven't told you guys!" (Y/N) grinned and showed her conversation with Oikawa to the upperclassmen. "I actually went to shopping with Oikawa-san, Iwaizumi-san and Toshi—I mean Ushijima-san. Tobio found us along the way and yeah, they kind of visited my house and got my number. We actually text each other a lot, so I guess I can consider us on friendly terms."

Akaashi deadpanned. "(Y/N), you... know Ushijima-san, too?" Why am I even surprised?

"Hm? Yeah! Isn't it normal to know a guy from the same prefecture? We're actually quite close! I requested him and his team to take care of Ashi and Noi. Thank goodness they agreed."

Normal? No way. Kuroo gaped. "What the heck..."

Daichi smiled. "We shouldn't be surprised of her antics anymore." Nah, we really can't get used to her, he thought and perked up as he remembered the things that the coaches announced yesterday. "By the way, (Y/N), have you heard of the manager rotation system that's going to happen in the next four days? Did Coach and the others tell you anything about it?"

(Y/N) brightened. "Oh yeah! About that, we're going to be switching managers each day because of the short hands that some teams have. Example, Shinzen and Nekoma. They don't really have managers so it's hard to write the data of players, they even need some players to write that, right? Players should be focusing on practicing and improving so Mother suggested it, and I don't have any qualms with it." She punched her fist. "I'm kinda curious whose team I'm going to be in since we're going to be drawing lots."

"You should go to our team," Kuroo said and smirked. "It'll be fun."

Akaashi smiled. "(Y/N)-san, we might be a little wild, but I assure you that I will take care of you."

(Y/N) turned to the ravenette with shining eyes. Akaassan...!

Sugawara frowned at her reaction. "Nope, you'll surely be staying with our team, (Y/N)-san."

"Well, I'm not a fortune teller so I don't know! Make your guesses though! Goodbye to Karasuno cuz I'm sure that I'm going to be on other teams."

Kageyama locked her head in his arms. "Nah, we're not letting you go."

"You should!"

"We can't do that. You're our only medical journalist in the team," Daichi told her.

"I'm really useless, so you'll regret keeping me on the team," (Y/N) jokingly said. I mean I haven't even done my job as a medical journalist yet, lmao. Unknown to her, her statement made a lot of them frown. Especially her mother who was holding trays from behind her. She hummed questioningly when she felt arms wrapped around her shoulders. She looked up, only to see her mother burying her face on top of her head. "Oh, hey, Mother! You done cooking?"

(M/N) couldn't help but smile. "Yes. I know a few tricks so it took quicker than expected. Hope you all like it." She stared at her daughter's face and caressed her cheek gently. I wish I could stay a little longer and tell you everyday how amazing you are... She sighed, hugging (Y/N) once more. "Ha... I seriously want to take a break at work. I'd really like to see your face every day." Her loving (E/C) eyes made the volleyball players' breaths hitch.

For sure, they were loved by their parents. However... they've never personally seen someone love their daughter so dearly. But, they could understand. (Y/N) was truly lovable to a lot of people. Almost everyone loved her despite how strange she can be at times.

(Y/N) laughed and suggested, "We can just video call. Oh, my blackberry has no video call option."

"I'll buy you a phone. Let's do it now if you want," (M/N) said. "After practice, let's go to the mall! I'll buy you everything you want!"

A question mark appeared on top of (Y/N)'s head. "There's no need to buy me anything. As long as you and everyone are here, I'm contented with everything." Her statement caused (M/N) and volleyball players like Kuroo and Sugawara to clench their chests. She panicked. "Eh? Are you alright? A heart attack perhaps?"

"It's because of your sweetness, (Y/N)... Uwah, can I hug you?" Kuroo asked, arms open.

"Sure—"

"No!" (M/N) pouted at the bed-haired captain and tightened her grip on her daughter's shoulders. "I'll hug my daughter first!" Daichi, Sugawara, Akaashi and Kageyama nodded in agreement. They were just secretly jealous because they didn't have the guts to ask the medical journalist for a hug. Yeah, that's it. It's not like it was anything special.

Kuroo returned the cyan-haired lady's gesture. "That's unfair, (M/N)-san! You hugged her just now!"

"You guys can just hug me at the same ti—"

"No! I want to hug you for myself only, (Y/N)!"

"Tetsu-kun, what are you saying!" (M/N) scolded him playfully. Before she could continue her reprimanding, she was cut off by her daughter standing up to hug the bed-headed teen. She sulked when (Y/N) hugged Kuroo and pat the back of his head.

"Here, I'm touch-starved, too. So, yeah, I'm gonna hug everyone today."

Meanwhile, Kuroo gulped and tried to keep his composure by hiding his face on her shoulder. God, she did it so easily. He noticed the envious looks he got and stuck out his tongue playfully. And yes, this earned ominous glares and auras from the rest. He returned her embrace and patted her back. Well, I guess I can comfort her. I heard that she cried earlier, so this is the least that I can do, he thought.

"Huwah... I got a lot of hugs today. So blissed...! So blissed...!" (Y/N) hummed. She turned to the other volleyball players. "Okay, I'm in the mood for hugs today! I'll definitely hug everyone I'll see!" She declared determinedly with a salute. "Count for me, Tobio!"

"No way."

Chin resting on her shoulder, Kuroo sulked from behind her, "No fair! I thought you were giving me special treatment, (Y/N)~"

"Oh." The young Deiern blinked for a second. She smirked, leaned towards his ear and cupped her right hand on it. "Would you like me to give you an even more special treatment tonight then?" Her sultry voice took Kuroo's breath away. He blew a fuse and stared at her with incredulity. As if flipping a switch, (Y/N) pulled away and grinned. "Just kidding, as if I'd do that. I love Kuroo-san, but nah. I don't have experience and I'm never doing something you wouldn't like."

He was too shocked and dumbfounded. He didn't know what to feel. Kuroo could only sputter non-Japanese words, "W-Wha—"

"Hugs... hugs...!" He gawked when (Y/N) walked around the table to give everyone hugs, acting like she didn't do something to him! He continued stuttering, much to the amusement and confusion to his seatmates.

Akaashi raised an eyebrow, a hand on the third year's shoulder. "Kuroo-san...? What's happening to you?" He never gets this flustered. Just what did (Y/N)-san tell him? He wondered with little exasperation and wonder filling inside him.

Thanks to that I realized something. Kuroo covered his reddened face. "Man... I'm so down bad."

"Um, what...?"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Is it just me..." The entire team of Karasuno who was in the middle of a timeout, turned to Yamaguchi and hummed. "...but aren't Kageyama and (Y/N)-san are being closer to each other than usual?" He wondered as he stared at the two bestfriends talking. He didn't know what to think of it, but it's just like... the noticeable little gap between them was suddenly closed.

Daichi nodded. "Yeah, I heard the two of them talked about something. I don't know what it is, but I think it's very important since Kageyama and even (Y/N) cried," he said.

Asahi drank on his water bottle and furrowed his eyebrows in worry. "What...? Are they alright?"

"Yep, why the question, Azumane-san?"

"GAH!"

The conversing teens jumped at the voice speaking from the ace's direction. (Y/N) was smiling, unfazed at their reactions, chin rested on top of Asahi's shoulder. "Hm? Why do you all look so shocked? I mean, didn't you see me heading your way? By the way, here, some water."

"Thanks, and we didn't. You were literally so fast," Ennoshita said, exasperation in his tone.

"Oooh, the Flash! Byoom!" Her sound effects made them deadpan and endeared at the same time. "As for your question, yes, we're totally alright. I figured that Tobio wanted to listen to me and that I totally needed a lending ear before I exploded, so yeah, we talked."

Tsukishima raised an eyebrow. He couldn't help the curiosity that welled up inside him to ask, "Why though? Don't you best of friends understand each other so well in the first place?"

(Y/N) hummed and made a genuinely confused face. "Eh? Really???" She made direct eye contact with the bespectacled blonde and tilted her head. "I respect your opinion, but we kinda have a different perspective in that aspect, Tsukki. We don't talk because we understand each other. We can't understand each other, which is exactly why we talk."

She said it so naturally that she didn't have a single idea on how much that single statement made so much impact on them.

"I mean, we ain't mind readers. We can't guess what everyone is feeling. If you wanna, you gotta observe their body language, the way they make eye contact and some... hard to understand psychological stuff." (Y/N) let out an 'oh' and initiated her nerd mode. "Well... for sure there are a small percent of telepaths in the world... but I'm not so sure about that!" They sighed, already used to her sudden change of topics.

She lazily smirked. "Well... my point is... being a mind reader doesn't automatically mean that you understand someone, right?" Despite the smile on her face, her (E/C) eyes seemed to glow the brightest in the light. Gaze narrowed, she finished in a serious tone, "You have to talk, because we can't understand each other."

Of course, (Y/N) being (Y/N), broke her cool moment by giving them a huge grin and a thumbs-up.

"Unless you're Tendo-san though or...! Unless you have Iwaizumi-san and Oikawa-san's strong bond!"

"You broke one of your moments again, huh, (Y/N)ssi?" Tanaka sighed, shaking his head.

"Eh? What moments?"

She's not even aware of it. Her team sweatdropped.

"Hm...?" (Y/N) tried to read their expressions and breathed out. I can't observe properly today, I think I lack some sleep, lmao. She heard the referee blow on their whistle to signal that they were going to go back to the game. "Oya, looks like the timeout is over. You guys go back and... sweep off their feet on the ground!" She encouraged with a fist on the air, making both her teammates and opponents who heard her sweatdrop.

I can also do that though! Literally! By using the wi

Kageyama came in and softly chopped her head. "Don't even think of it."

(Y/N) pouted. "I was joking inside my head~ You know I would never do that!"

The setter pinched her nose. "Of course you won't. I was kidding also. You're too kind." Then, he left, leaving a dumbfounded medical journalist standing in the midst. They didn't know what they were talking about, but Ukai snickered at her look while Takeda and Kiyoko smiled sheepishly. Yachi was waving her hand in front of her friend, trying to snap her out of her daze.

"I was called 'kind'..." By Tobio nonetheless, (Y/N) mumbled and blinked. "I am?"

Kiyoko chuckled and put a hand on her back. "Of course you are."

"I am?" She looked truly befuddled at what her bestfriend called her that her fellow bench members were feeling surprised. "I don't think... I was called that other than you and Tobio, Shimizu-san. I'm used to being called more... strange to lots." Also, I was called like a monster and half-breed I think? Nah, don't wanna remember that. (Y/N) grinned and gave them a thumbs-up. "I don't mind though! It feels nice!"

Takeda smiled, endeared.

Ukai playfully ruffled her hair. "You are a huge weirdo, but a lovable one on that. Don't forget that."

(Y/N) gasped and tearfully said, "Sakanoshita-san...! That's the nicest thing you have ever said to me!"

"I take it back, I didn't say anything."

"Sakanoshita-san! Come on, come on! Praise your 'weirdo but lovable' medical journalist more!"

"If you want to, then stop calling me Sakanoshita for god's sake! I'm Ukai, dammit!"

"...Sakanoshita-san!"

"This is hopeless."

(E/C) orbs fluttered as she saw the laughing people around her.

I'm kind of a BAMF, making everyone happy like this.

(Y/N) smiled, (E/C) orbs curving into affectionate crescents.

I'll be proud of myself. Just this once.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Father, look how far I've gone.❞

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/N: Hello everyone! I was finally able to update this! I had a birthday celebration yesterday, so I wasn't able to write this or my other books. Hopefully, I will get to update my other xreader books, too, hehehe.

Anyways, this is the only thing that I can afford today! Writing is enjoying, but it really takes a toll on me since I always have to think of everyone's thoughts and actions carefully. Even though this wasn't the best, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

See you at the next one! Stay safe and healthy always! Sending lots of love to all of you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.5K 29
16+ U get added to a gc and shit happens ๐Ÿ˜€ Texting-AU mostly i don't own Haikyuu! this is kinda cringe in the beginning i'm sorry but the chapters...
88.3K 1.8K 21
(Mostly just soft Kageyama) You are Hinata's childhood best friend, was supporting Hinata at his middle school game. When you see Kageyama on the c...
1.5M 46.5K 20
(Y/N) has known Kageyama Tobio for almost her entire life, because they've been next door neighbors and best friends since elementary school. Now tha...
139K 3.4K 43
| | 38 chapters and 1 epilogue and 4 a/n | | โš ๏ธYou don't have to voteโš ๏ธ every comment makes me happy๐Ÿค— and I read all of them and try to reply to the...