Forget-Me-Not (Varian x Reade...

By CrazyCatTeen35

"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’† 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’“π’Šπ’•π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Ev... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1- Rapunzel's Return
Chapter 2- The Coronation
Chapter 3- Lady Caine
Chapter 4- Visiting Varian
Chapter 5- The Best Day
Chapter 6- Science Expo
Chapter 7- The Snuggly Duckling
Chapter 8- Listen Up
Chapter 9- The Compass
Chapter 10- Queen Rapunzel
Chapter 11- Forever Winter
Chapter 12- Lost Time
Chapter 13- Black and White
Chapter 14- Shall We?
Chapter 15- Breaking Point
Chapter 16- Ready
Chapter 17- The Battle of Old Corona
Chapter 18- Battle Wounds
Chapter 19- A Good Heart
Chapter 20- Community Service
Chapter 21- Andrew
Chapter 22- Parties and Promises
Chapter 23- Ball Gown
Chapter 24- A Room of People
Chapter 26- Red Bandanna
Chapter 27- New Saporia
Chapter 28- Angel
Chapter 29- Blue Betrayal
Chapter 30- More Than Just a Dream
Chapter 31- Let Me Make You Proud
Chapter 32- The Threat
Chapter 33- Captain Creighton
Chapter 34- Monster
Chapter 35- I'm Fine
Chapter 36- You and Me
Chapter 37- A Cinch
Chapter 38- Xavier's Legends
Chapter 39- The Pink Shell
Chapter 40- The Things We've Missed
Chapter 41- Nightmare
Chapter 42- The Plan
Chapter 43- Inherently Bad?
Chapter 44- The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 45- A Date with an Alchemist
Chapter 46- Hearts Apart
Chapter 47- When The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 48- The Girl Who Has Everything
Chapter 49- Cassandra's Return
Chapter 50- Shadows of the Moon
Chapter 51- Light of the Sun
Chapter 52- Floating
Chapter 53- Awaiting Alarms
Chapter 54- Captian Lance
Chapter 55- Project Obsidian
Chapter 56- The Gopher Grab
Chapter 57- Mistakes
Chapter 58- Safe and Sound
Chapter 59- Through It All
Chapter 60- The Tomb
Chapter 61- Hunted
Chapter 62- Gone
Chapter 63- What Once Was Mine
Chapter 64- Varian's Promise
Chapter 65- The Lost Realm
Chapter 66- Plus Est En Vous (Part I)
Chapter 67- Plus Est En Vous (Part II)
Chapter 68- Something That I Want
Chapter 69- The Garden
Epilogue
Behind the Scenes + Author's Note

Chapter 25- The Wand of Oblivium

1.8K 61 100
By CrazyCatTeen35

Dear (Yn),

You remember Andrew that Saporian guy, right? Well, yesterday Cassandra and I found this really old Saporian artifact called the Wand of Oblivium. It turns out that the wand has the power to erase memories and cause amnesia.

If this journey has taught me anything, it's that the lands outside of the Corona walls are both wondrous and dangerous. There is so much to be discovered! I know how much you would love it. As much as I wish you were here, I'm also a teeny bit relieved that you're still home. After all, someone needs to look after the kingdom.

There is more in you, (Yn).

Love,

Rapunzel.

~•~

It's been two weeks and I still haven't left the safety of my bedroom. My parents refused to let me see Varian after he "attacked us," so in return, I was refusing to see them. I knew deep down that I didn't want to evade my parents forever, but I was too resentful to care.

Finally, mom poked her head into my room.

"Go away." I huff.

Mom ignores me and steps into my bedroom. She crosses her arms and gives me a firm look. "(Yn), your father and I would like to speak with you."

"Well, I'm not in the mood."

The quiet room is filled with the sounds of my mother's shoe tapping against the floor. "(Yn)-"

I cut her off. "Look, I understand that you're upset with me for giving Varian access to some of his chemical compounds, but I only did it because I knew that there was no other way to help the kingdom see he isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is!"

Mom raises her hand in the air and I stop talking. "(Yn), let's take this talk to the throne room."

:-:-:-:

I stand before my parents who were both seated in their ornate thrones. The kingdom of Corona truly lives up to its name when I look out the windows. The setting sun generously pours into the quiet room, casting golden rays onto everything within its reach. I'd normally be admiring how stunning it looked, but I was too nervous. I suck in a shaky breath. As my father stares at me with his cold, blue, eyes, I feel even more anxiety creep inside of me.

The king sighs as he stares at me. "(Yn), not only did you did you disobey me, but you put all of those guests in danger by giving Varian access to those...those...magic potions!!"

I open my mouth to correct my father's mistake but quickly close it as the king begins talking.

"-How could you have been so irresponsible?! Your mother and I have raised you to be a proper lady and this is how you behave?" He sighs and rubs his temple. "You're a princess, (Yn). You can't just do whatever you want without considering the consequences."

I feel my blood boil. "You think I haven't thought about the consequences?! Varian-"

My father cuts me off. "Enough about that boy! All he's ever done is cause trouble!! Ever since you started visiting him in Old Corona he's only dragged you into dangerous situations! He's caused earthquakes, attacked Rapunzel, kidnapped you, stole the sundrop flower, and tried to take over the kingdom!!"

My face turns red with anger. I could put up with a lot from my father, but I would not tolerate him talking about Varian like he's a villain and my dad is some saint. "The only reason any of that happened was that he was trying to fix things!" I list them off on my fingers. "Varian accidentally created earthquakes because he was trying to bring hot running water to old Corona, he only stole the flower to free his father peacefully, and the only reason he tried to take over the kingdom was that he had no other way to free his father. Do you know why he had no other way to free his father, dad? Because of you." I stare at my father with stern eyes. "He tried to ask for help but Rapunzel turned him away. Even after that blizzard went away you never once let me go and check on him. We could've found a way to free his father peacefully, but instead, you ignored a fourteen-year-old boy in his time of need. You left him alone." I sigh. "You want to accuse me of being irresponsible? At least I'm trying to help our subjects instead of ignoring their problems!"

Mom lets out a small gasp at my confrontation. The king's strong gaze melts away and is replaced by surprise. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again, clearly at a loss for words. He repeats the motion a couple more times like a fish. "(Yn), I-"

The doors to the throne room fly open. I quickly jolt around and gasp in horror.

"Well well well...you're just the royals I was looking for."

A pit fell into my stomach when I see none other than Andrew standing in the doorway surrounded by a group of Saporians. Andrew mockingly bows to my father. "How lovely to see you again, your highness."

I growl. "Andrew..."

The king quickly points a finger at the group. "Guards!! Seize them!!" His deep and powerful voice echoes throughout the room.

Andrew only chuckles. "I'm afraid your guards won't be of much help..."

"What are you talking about?"

One of the Saporian women kicks the throne room doors open a little bit wider, revealing a pile of guards who were out cold. She laughs at the sight. "It was almost too easy."

Mom gravitates closer to her husband and he holds her close. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing much." Andrew glances at his gang and they chuckle lowly. "Just the entire kingdom."

I quickly get into one of the fighting stances Cassandra taught me. "I won't let you do that."

The Saporians burst into a fit of laughter. "You? A little princess? What are you gonna do to stop us?"

"Just watch and find out," I mutter under my breath, already clenching my hands into fists.

Before I can do anything, a muscular Separatist covered in tattoos grabs me and holds my hands behind my back. I attempt to wiggle out of his strong grasp but fail. He slyly smirks at me. "Nice try, princess."

Andrew steps towards my parents. "Let me enlighten you with a brief history lesson. After our leader betrayed us and fell in love with the enemy, many of the Saporians still believed Corona rightfully belonged to Saporia. Thus, the Separatists of Saporia were formed. We've waited in the shadows for centuries waiting for the perfect moment. As it turns out, we were only missing one thing."

A puff of pink smoke explodes in the doorframe, and Varian emerges, wearing the long black coat from the ball. He was clad in leather gloves, and boots and a red bandanna hung around his neck. The only article of clothing that was the same was the goggles his mom gave him.

I let out a small gasp, not fully believing what my eyes were showing me. "Varian..? You...you're working with them?" Tears prick the corners of my eyes. After everything we've been through, all of these months trying to repair the battle wounds of Old Corona, Varian still chose evil. I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe that he changed. The real Varian is gone forever...

Varian notices my tears. For a split second, I notice something flash across his eyes. Guilt, sadness, regret. I couldn't tell. He quickly shakes it off. "I had no choice. You saw what happened at the ball, (Yn)! The people of Corona will never...they'll never forgive me."

Andrew wraps his arm around Varian's shoulder. "Varian here was the missing piece. With his help, we were able to perfect our takeover plan. This kingdom didn't see his potential or worth, but we do." Andrew pats Varian on the back. Varian smiles ever-so-slightly at Andrew's approval. My heart breaks at this. Varian was so desperate for the approval and recognition of others that he was willing to side with villains if that's what it would take to get it.

"You won't get away with this! We'll stop you!" The king warns.

Andrew laughs. "I doubt it." He snaps his fingers and a short old woman wearing an ugly blue beanie pulls a wand out of her sleeve. She aims it at my parents, and in one fell swoop, red energy shoots from the wand and at the king and queen's heads. They fall backward with an ugly-sounding thud. I gasp in horror.

I can only helplessly watch as my parents are zapped with who knows what. I kick my legs at the Saporian who was holding me in a fit of rage and panic. "STOP!!! LET ME GO!!" The tears break free and pour out of my (ec) eyes. "What did you do to them?!?" I demand.

The old woman chuckles. "Oh, nothing much. I simply erased their memories."

I gasp. The Wand of Oblivium...my memories flash to one of the letters Rapunzel sent me about the ancient Saporian artifact that could alter or erase memories. I feel a bad feeling sink into the pit of my stomach. "No...no...why...why would you do this?"

"Now that your precious parents can't remember anything, they'll be the perfect pawns in our game." The woman sneers. "Control the leaders, control the people." She traces her fingers along the wooden wand as she speaks. "The only thing we have to take care of now is you."

My heart stops as she raises the wand in the air. No no no no no..this can't be the end...can it? I don't want to forget everything...not my parents, not Rapunzel, not...Varian. I look at Varian with desperate eyes.

Our eyes lock.

Before my mind can be wiped, Varian quickly dashes in between me and the wand, spreading his arms out wide.

My thoughts flash back to the Snuggly Duckling.

I gasp as Varian quickly leaps in between the ghost and me, and spreads his arms out in front of me. He tries to create a defensive stance, and eyes down Ruth. "Don't even think about hurting her!" He warns. "If you take another step-er-float any closer, y-you'll be sorry!"

I place my hand on Varian's shoulder. "Var, what are you doing?" I whisper.

"You didn't think I'd ditch you, did you? You're my best friend, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Varian gives me a small smile.

"CLEMENTINE, WAIT!!"

The woman-or I suppose "Clementine"-lowers her wand when she sees Varian in her way. "What are you doing, boy?"

"You..uh...you can't hit her!!"

Clementine's wrinkly eyes narrow. "Why not?"

"B-Because...she can still...be of use to us!!" Varian quickly exclaims. "Think about it, (Yn)'s been trapped in this castle her whole life! She knows all of its secrets better than anyone! If you erase her memories...we won't have access to the secret passages and escapes hidden in these walls!"

I feel confusion well up inside me, but I don't say anything. Why would Varian be trying to save me? It doesn't make any sense...

Clementine looks to Andrew for his response and he strokes his beard thoughtfully. "The kid makes a good point. Secret passages aren't a bad idea." He looks at me, then Varian, and then Clementine. "Spare her. But lock her in the dungeons. I don't need some pesky princess getting in my way."

Varian and I breathe a joined sigh of relief.

Andrew nods at my captor. "Take her away."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.9K 44
Complete! I Hear A Symphony βœ”- A Varian X Reader Story As the younger sister of Rapunzel, your parents were strict. Your sister had been taken as a...
325 20 5
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
40.2K 1.1K 52
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...
35.4K 1.2K 56
-Y/n was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving her...