vrukarna ✨

Od Angel0fTerror

Sequel to subarna . Více

1 . Arrival
3.Aftermath

2 .Game of dice 🎲

1.9K 84 50
Od Angel0fTerror

After their fun gathering with uncle shakuni they all dispersed .

Inside the chamber of pandavas

Yudhishthira was walking to and fro thinking deeply while holding something in his hand . It was their lucky day as uncle shakuni was back from ghandhara and he had devised a wonderful plan to get rid of their punishment which was to serve as charioteers of Kauravas . He had not slept since the day of that fateful event . He despised subhadra for it . It was today on the arrival of shakuni that he felt joyous , his presence was required for their plan to work , A plan that would not only save them from their humiliating punishment but also get them everything they ever wanted .

He stopped walking and opened his palm revealing a pair of dice . He tossed it , catched it , when he opened his palm , It was a perfect six , a wicked smile crept across his crooked face . His brothers were watching him intently .

Flashback story of the magical dice

Pandavas were living in incognito moving from place to place begging for food , yudhishthira had told them it was necessary for them to live like this for some time so that later they could enjoy their life to the fullest by becoming the rulers of hastinapura , his brothers were not completely aware of their brother's plan but they obeyed him as always . Once while travelling through a forest bheema saw a tall and dark women outside a hut . He had instantly fallen in love , or so he thought as his dumb brain was not able to differentiate between love and lust . He told his brothers about his feelings and that he was going to approach the women and declare his love . How could someone not fall for his handsome features , he had told his brothers . They gave him a pitiful look . He went to her and let his heart out .

Her name was hidimbi , she belonged to a rakshasa clan. In the past , they were known for their mysterious magical power but with time they had lost it. Seeing the huge man infront of her at first she was scared as she was alone at the time and he looked kind of scary , her brother hidimba was gone for hunting . Then the huge man started blabbering something . By his appearance she thought he was a beggar and he was asking for alms . She quickly went inside the hut to fetch some food that was remaining , she felt uneasy and wanted to send him away at the quickest.

Bheema was confused by her behaviour . He wondered why she had gone inside the hut . Is she welcoming me inside the hut , he thought . Before he could enter she was outside with alms . He felt enraged by this treatment. His eyes turned red , adding more terror to his already scary face. He roared like a beast in anger , lifted her and took her inside the hut . She screamed her lungs out crying for help .

Luckily her brother who was returning had heard his sister's scream's . He rushed inside only to see a huge man trying to misbehave with his sister . He hit the man in the head with the earthern pot that he could get hold of breaking it into pieces . Bheema turned to find the person who had hit him , his head was hurting but he was not a person who could be defeated so easily . A fight ensued between the two men . Pandavas were watching the fight , as they didn't need to help his brother , to them he was the most powerful men in the entire aryavarta . Hidimba was not huge as bheema but he was tall and agile . He dodged bheema's attack with his quick movements and managed to kick him on his back , making bheema fall forward his face hitting the ground . Bheema was enraged . He grasped some mud in his hand and when hidimba tried to hit him , he threw it into his eyes . Hidimba was struggling to open his eyes while bheema took this opportunity to overpower his opponent . Hidimbi was crying watching his brother getting beaten up by the monster , who foughg by unfair means . Bheema finally lifted hidimba by his neck , making him struggle for his life , hidimba tried to scratch the face of the beast in a desperate attempt to save his life . bheema put him down when his face was hurt as hidimbas nails dug into his face drawing blood . He touched the spot with his forefinger and found blood sticking on his finger .

" All that for a drop of blood " he said pulling the poor lad by his Hair . Bheema went to his brothers to fetch a sword . He thrusted it into the poor lad's stomach twisting it , all the while enjoying the brutality. Hidimbi who watched all this gruesome act was flooding tears mourning for her brother . Bheema was not satisfied with this . Seeing the blood oozing out , it had somehow awakened his deeply hidden desires , his canibalistic desires. He broke open the dead man's stomach and began drinking his blood .

Even his brothers were not able to watch this monstrosity . Yudhishthira turned his face towards the otherside . Others were puking . Hidimbi fell unconscious watching this gruesome act . By the time bheema was done , people had gathered around the place . They saw hidimbi , her clothes were little torn , it was clear that someone had tried to molest her . One of them was hidimbi's grandfather . He was devastated watching his grandson's state , tears Welled up his eyes . He saw his granddaughter's condition , he was aghast and feared for her life . It was their custom that a women subjected to molestation must either marry the person who was responsible or sacrifice their life . He had to save atleast her life . People were scared of the huge man who had committed such brutality . Bheema's face was drenched in blood . Yudhishthira went to bheema trying to avoid the dead body and pulled him up , asking him to go with them as many people had gathered around .

Hidimbi's grandfather cremated his grandson and went to his granddaughter . She woke up screaming and crying. He tried to console her and asked her who did this to her . She uttered a single word "Monster" which was enough for him to understand the person responsible . He went in search of them and found them by nearby river . They were quenching their thrist and bathing there . He went and begged bheema to marry hidimbi revealing what would happen to his granddaughter if he doesn't marry her . Bheema was happy to marry her . Yudhishthira told him not to worry and that his brother would marry her . The old man was relieved of his worry , he didn't have to see her also dead . He knew that she was going to be married to a monster but he had no choice, saving her life was his first priority. He went to hidimbi and told her about her marriage. She said she would rather die than marry that monster who had killed her brother . He tried his best to make her understand but there was no use , she had made up her mind and there was no way to convince his granddaughter . He decided to go away as far away as possible from the tribe to save his granddaughter and fled immediately from the forest taking whatever was necessary for them . Since he was the chief of the tribe no one dared to question him which made their escape easier .

Next day Pandavas went to the hut of hidimbi only to find it empty . They understood what it implied . There were some vessels and objects that were left behind which they thought might be useful to them . Among them was a wooden box with something inscribed on the outside . Yudhishthira read it aloud " Magical dice " . He opened the box to see a pair of dice . He believed it was not an ordinary dice . Yudhishthira loved gambling and seeing the word magical written on the box made him curious to know the secret of it . But the owners had fled from the place . He decided to find the chief of the rakshasas and ask him about its secret and in return he could offer them money when they go back to hastinapur . They came to know that hidimbi's grandfather , the old man whom they had met was actually the chief , which explained why he was able to run away so easily . They somehow found an old man who knew about the dice , he explained to them that the dice belonged to their leader's (hidimbi's grandfather) family , it was their heirloom which was passed down from generations. They didn't know how it was created but it had a magical power which they were unaware of and so they kept it as a symbolism of luck . From generations they had tried to find it's magical power but they failed to find it . Yudhishthira was disappointed , they promised the old man some coins in exchange for the information when they are back in hastinapur and left from their loosing all the hope of finding its secret .

Many days passed by but yudhishthira was still obsessed with the dice , he kept rolling it like he had gone mad . His brothers told him to throw it away . It looks like a normal dice , they had said . Yudhishthira out of frustratation smashed the wooden box , breaking it into pieces. To his astonishment he found something written on the wood on the broken pieces . It was constructed in a way that the writing was totally hidden , The bottom region of the box was made of two rectangular wooden pieces which was glued together with something something written on glued region . He gathered all the pieces together and read what was written. A mantra (spell) was written in it . He chanted it but nothing happened . Later his brothers joined him . They were all thinking deeply about what it could be . Bheema advised him to break the dice as well and see what happens . Others were against it . Yudhishthira took out the dice and started rolling it , trying to think of what it could be . Then he began chanting the mantra while throwing . At one point he chanted the mantra and while rolling he wished the outcome would be six . He was utterly shocked to see the perfect six on the dice . He did it again , the result was same . He tried again with a different number and it worked perfectly . He had uncovered the secret . Yudhishthira had an 'aha' moment . He felt like a genius. His brothers were appreciating him for his achievement . They celebrated the moment by drinking alcohol . They began imagining about all the things they could do with their new found treasure .

Bheema told him they could win in gambling and they could earn a lot of money , with the money they could get a lot of food . Bheema's thoughts would always end up in food so they didn't give their ears to his stupidity . Sahdeva had better plans , those days according to kshatriya rules a king couldn't deny the other kings invititation to play the game of dice. If they did , it was termed as a cowardly act and no one would want that . But the game between kings were a friendly match even though it involved some valuables at stake . At the end of the game their relationship would have become stronger . The game was not played of serious nature and whatever the winner got would be meagre infront of their kingdoms wealth . But the friendship that blossomed out of those games benefitted both the kingdoms richly , by helping each other in various ways and hence recieving an invitation to the game was never taken as a threat.

Shadeva explained to them about how they could make use of this tradition , to make other kingdoms their subjugates when hastinapur is under their rule , which they thought would happen soon after their return to hastinapur . But everything did not go accordingly to their plans , instead of getting entire hastinapur kingdom it was divided and they took the other half "Indraprastha" . Days in Indraprastha were spent planning and plotting to make yudhishthira the samrat of aryavrata. For that they had to defeat other kingdoms and to have their allegiance . Going to a war was not possible as indraprastha didn't have enough soldiers and it's treasury was close to nothing . Almost all the common people had fled to neighbouring kingdoms , as they were not able to pay the high taxes that they were subjected to . Left over people were high caste Brahmins who were enjoying their ' free-tax ' rules , Infact Brahmins from neighbouring kingdoms were migrating to indraprastha praising it's tax laws . Yudhisthira knew it was not possible to run the Kingdom this way . It was time for them to execute their wicked master plan that they had constructed a long time back . Slowly they started inviting kings to play the game of dice , they started with smaller kingdoms .They twisted the rules of the game to their needs , and mentioned the modified rules along with the invitation . But the other kings failed to recognise the traps that were laid for them . The new rules were that they could put anything that belongs to them at stake and they could leave the game only when both the parties wants to stop . They lost miserably against Pandavas and in the process lost everything including their kingdom , some even becames slaves of Pandavas . At the end of the game yudhishthira acting like a kind hearted person would give them back everything in return for pledging their loyalty to indraprastha . They would make a deal that a certain fraction of the other kingdom's wealth should be given to them from time to time and if the princess were beautiful then they would ask the king for his daughter's hand in marriage , which he could not deny with his situation . As the kshatriyas were truthful to their words , Pandavas were successful in their plans . Except for some kings like shishupal - king of chedi , jarasandha- king of magadha , jayadratha- king of sindhu and few others , including Anga , who were also friends of duryodhana . They like duryodhana didn't believe in all the caste systems and blindly following customs . They believed in merit based society where anyone could become whatever they apired to be , where anyone could learn anything they want and where everyone were treated equally . These kindgdoms were the some of the most powerful of aryavrata and Pandavas were disppointed when they rejected their invitation. But yudhishthira had other hope , inviting Kauravas for a game of dice and snatch hastinapura from them . Hastinapura was the most powerful kinddom of aryavrata and merging it with indraprastha was enough to make yudhisthira samrat . But the problem was that duryodhana would definitely reject their invitation. His only hope was shakuni who had a weakness for the dice game . It was true that he played well , but with magical dice in their hands even shakuni would not stand a chance against them , yudhishthira had to use shakuni's weakness . Shakuni was in ghandhara at the time so they were waiting for him to get back to hastinapur so that they could send an invitation . Without shakuni duryodhana was definitely going to reject the game , but with shakuni's presence it was highly likely that he would convince duryodhana to accept the game and they were waiting anxiously for shakuni's return to hastinapura.

--------------flash back ended ---------------

" Are you confident that they will accept our invitation to play the game " arjuna asked yudhisthira . It was the first time since their arrival at hastinapura that yudhishthira was looking so happy "

" Ofcourse our dear shakuni uncle will definitely take the bait , he loves dice game " yudhishthira rolled the dice again to get a perfect six again .

" If we are winning, we need to teach subhadra a lesson she will never forget " Arjuna said with hatred visible in his face .

" Your time will come arjuna , we must not rush . First let's get their kingdom . Then we will make them our slaves . After becoming slaves they could do nothing to us as we will be their masters and then you can do anything you want " the menace was clear in his words . His face still plastered with that wicked smile of his .

Break fast

Everyone had assembled at the dining hall to have breakfast . Everyone sat like usual with only difference being the addition of new members , shakuni and dushala. Dushala was sitting next to her best friend subhadra which made bhanumati slightly angry as it was her place , she tried to hide it, dushala was like a sister to her but she had become very fond of subhadra and she didn't want others to take her place . Dushala was amused by watching both subhadra and bhanumati being fed like children by their husband , she simply smiled waiting to tease them later . Shakuni and his nephew's who were sitting next to him were making fun of duryodhana and karna , who were unaware of this .

After some time yudhishthira told their grandfather bhisma that a meeting has to be held as they wanted to announce something important . Bhisma agreed and told everyone that a meeting would be held at so and so time . Shakuni smelled something fishy .

After having breakfast karna somehow managed to sneak his wife to the garden before she could be taken away by dushala and bhanumati . Dushala and bhanumati were searching for her everywhere not knowing where she was . Whenever karna heard their voices getting closer he would take his wife away to a new spot .

" They are not even letting me spend some time alone with you" he complained

They were walking slowly holding their hands , vrushali smiled hearing her husband complain . She had noticed that recently he was becoming possesive of her and she was actually enjoying it . While walking her eyes fell on a mango tree with lots of ripen magoes hanging from it . Instantly she developed a craving for it . She told karna about her desire. He took this opportunity to please his wife . All the mangoes were at a height not reachable to their hands so without climbing it was not possible to get it . He climbed on the tree and plucked a mango and instructed her to catch while he slowly threw it to her . Vrushali caught it and placed it on ground to catch another . After plucking enough mangoes that was enough to quench their hunger . He jumped from the tree .

" See , you need my help more often than you think dear " karna said proudly as if he had achieved something big .

Vrushali loved it when her husband tries to please her but she also loved teasing and playing with him .

She lifted her hand summoning the devine chakra , it flew high and aligned itself in front of the stem of a big ripen mango . She positioned herself exactly below it all the while looking at her husband smiling mischievously . when she was ready , the chakra cut through the stem making it fall . She caught it like an expert .

Karna watched everything and acted like he was hurt by her action .
Vrushali thought her husband would be smiling but he wasn't . She threw the mango and went to him cupping his face , saying sorry , and that she was only playing with him . He didn't respond . She felt sad , she didn't know what to do . She stood on her toes and kissed him passionately . Karna couldn't resist it , he kissed her back . In between she paused to say sorry but he pulled her even more closer , kissing her deeper . At the same time bhanumati and dushala had found them but seeing them romancing , they left quickly to give them some privacy .

" Are they always like this " dushala asked bhanumati who responded saying " we can't blame them they have just married " , dushala was smiling as she remembered earlier days of bhanumati's marriage with her brother duryodhana , bhanumati was mad at her brother for abducting her from her swayamvar , it was definitely not like this .

Vrushali had forgotten the fact that they were showing affection in public , at the time her only concern was her husband . After a long kiss their lips parted , both their lips wet , both breathing heavily. He kissed her forehead . She saw him smiling .

" Were you acting " she asked him with mock anger .
" No dear , you hurt my feelings and you will recieve punishment for it " he was acting serious .
He was clearly playing with her but she loved it , so she played along .
" What punishment " she was now acting like a scared child
" I need to think but now we should eat these mangoes " he said , leaving all the acting behind .

They took the mangoes and went to the garden , sat on the lawn relishing mangoes . Vrushali suggested that they should grow mango trees in Anga palace as well . He agreed and told her that he can get her mangoes if she ever wanted . She kissed his cheek with her mouth covered in mango juices , then rubbing it with her palm .

" See , You need me atleast sometimes " he said rubbing his nose with her cute ones .
She giggled " A queen can order anything she wants and her subjects would be pleased to fullfill her wishes " she was teasing him .

" You need a lot of punishment then " he said , he wasn't angry or hurt , he was enjoying playing with her just as much as she was with him . Vrushali knew what that meant . He was going to kiss her shamelessly in public and before that could happen she had to escape . She quickly got up and ran from there , only to turn around and to show a mocking face at her husband . Karna could do nothing but smile at her disappearing figure . He looked above the sky and remembered about the meeting which would be held soon .

Meeting room

Everyone had assembled for the meeting . Yudhishthira announced that they were inviting hastinapur for a game of dice and read out the rules of the game which they had made up . Duryodhana declined without thinking twice . Yudhishthira was looking at shakuni expectantly but even shakuni did not show any interest . Arjuna decided to try provoking duryodhana.

" See brother I told you they are cowards , they are even afraid to play a simple game with us , what a shame to our forefathers , who were known for their valour and bravery " Arjuna spoke loudly but acting as if he was only telling yudhishthira.

Unknowingly , they had hit duryodhana at his weak point . Arjuna's words made duryodhana's blood boil , he had hit his ego .

" We are not cowards like you , we accept your invitation . We will play today itself after the lunch , let's see who are the real coward and loosers " Duryodhana replied spitting out his anger .

Shakuni tried to make him understand their ploy but he had already accepted and there was no way going back now .

Everyone wondered what the Pandavas were upto .

Game of dice 🎲

The game was arranged in the game hall were Kauravas usually played games. Seats were arranged for everyone including elders . A table was place on the centre of the hall , on top of the table , a board was placed and a pair of dice rested on top of it . Yudhishthira had quickly replaced those dice with the enchanted ones he had brought . Yudhishthira sat on one side , opposite to him sat shakuni , While duryodhana and karna was sitting on either side of him . Few Kauravas were standing around them curiously watching the game while others were sitting on the seats arranged at left hand side and right hand side of the players in rows .

Vrushali was sitting next to bhanumati and dushala at one side watching the game keenly as she knew Pandavas were upto something . Everyone except kunti and draupadi were present there .

The game began and yudhishthira started by betting his horses . Duryodhana did the same . The rules were that both parties were to put equal valued possession at stake . Shakuni was rolling the dice for Kauravas while yudhishthira for Pandavas. At first yudhishthira lost deliberately in order to not arise any suspicion that only they are winning , also to tempt Kauravas in the future with the hope that they could win . After loosing for sometime yudhishthira started using the power of the dice to get requisite numbers while rolling the dice . Shakuni who had seen some initial winnings was playing with great hopes that the situation would change anytime . They went on betting from horses , chariots , jewels ...and many more . Finally yudhishthira had put indraprastha at stake and duryodhana had no choice but to put Hastinapura as they had to put something equal at stake . They couldn't stop as according to the game conditions , the game will end only when both sides agrees to quit or when one party completely looses everything they have . Shakuni rolled the dice only to witness another terrible defeat . Shakuni's hands started to tremble in fear . They had lost hastinapura . Pandavas laughed out loudly mocking Kauravas.

" Now we can see the real loosers " arjuna commented
duryodhana wanted to kill him then and there , but they had lost everything because of his stupidity. Vrushali was watching everything with atmost attention , it was clear to her that Pandavas were not playing a fair game , they had so much confidence in winning which only indicated that they were cheating somehow . She got up from her seat and went near her husband and whispered in his ear that she wishes to play . He was kind of shocked by her request , he conveyed the same to duryodhana and shakuni . Shakuni whose hands were already trembling with fear of loosing , actually felt relieved to hand over his responsibility to someone else . He gladly made space for the princess of dwaraka , subhadra, who was now queen of Anga . According to the rules , anyone could roll the dice so there was no problem with the new arrangements .

Duryodhana had lost everything now he didn't know what to do. Karna saw this and told him to bet on all the chariots of Anga , saying Anga rightfully belonged to him , duryodhana tried to reject his offer saying Anga was independent even though he knew he had no other choice but subhadra convinced him .

Yudhishthira was happy that he might even get Anga now . Yudhishthira was so confident that instead of staking chariots he offered them hastinapura if they wins . Yudhishthira rolled the dice and got a perfect six . Vrushali observed that he was always getting favourable outcomes . She knew they were doing something or else how would he get perfect numbers on every throw . When she was rolling she concentrated on the dice and wished for a perfect six and rolled it . Luckily it was perfect six . It must be luck she thought and then when yudhisthira was rolling she concentrated her mind on the dice and wished for a worst number . When he rolled , it happened just like she had wanted . She didn't know how it worked but she could somehow control the dice , from there on Kauravas were winning. Kauravas were so happy that they got back everything they had lost .When vrushali turned to look at bhanumati , she thanked her with tears in her eyes , vrushali went and hugged her , wiping away her tears . Dushala hugged her best friend and thanked her for saving them from a castostrophe. Yudhishthira was confused about why his dice wasn't working. Other Pandavas were still mocking Kauravas thinking that their brother was loosing on purpose to give them a little bit of hope . Gandhari and dhritarastra who heard everything from Sanjaya were happy and were relieved knowing that they got back everything they had lost . Bhisma and vidura were disappointed , they were hoping that their righteous and clever grandson yudhishthira would win hastinapur without even spilling the blood of the wicked , and they were happy at first seeing yudhishthira winning , but now the table has turned . They still hoped yudhishthira would win the game and rule over hastinapura making it a paradise like indraprastha .

The game continued , yudhishthira lost his kingdom when he tried to get hastinapura again . Then he lost all his valuable possessions and wealth . He even had the audacity to put his people at stake but duryodhana told him that they didn't belong to anyone and he wouldn't bet on his people . But yudhishthira was adamant as he lost everything and had nothing to bet on, he said he would bet on his people as his people belonged to him and duryodhana can return indraprastha if he looses . Duryodhana aksed him to stop the game but yudhishthira said they wanted to continue . Finally having no other choice they rolled the dice again with yudhishthira loosing again . By now yudhishthira had become very obsessed with the game . He had only one thing in mind , to win back indraprastha atleast and only then he would stop the game .

Duryodhana asked him again to stop as he had lost everything including his people .

Yudhishthira shouted " I haven't lost everything , my brothers are my greatest strength and possession. They belong to me . How can you say I lost everything when I still have them " . Yudhishthira was drinking some inebriating drink , served by his brothers who had a bottle of it with them .At first yudhishthira was only taking few sips to celebrate the winnings but now as they were loosing it turned into large gulps and the bottle they had brought was soon to become empty .

Duryodhana was trying to reason with the fool but subhadra stopped him . She for some reason loved the fact that they were about to make pandavas their slaves and she didn't want to loose the chance . She was also finding it hard to breathe with the awful smell emitted by the drink that yudhishthira was having .

" After they become our slaves , we will take them to Anga . zoo in Anga lacks a variety of animals . I want to keep them there " she whispered in duryodhana's ear . Duryodhana tried hard to suppress his laughter , he nodded laughing. "Yay!" She exclaimed happily . Karna wondered why she was so happy all of a sudden.

Yudhishthira was planning to put arjuna at stake first as arjuna was his favourite and thought he would bring him back the luck that he had lost for the time being , he was waiting for his magical dice to start working again .

Yudhishthira wanted to establish that Arjun's worth was more than all of the Kauravas put together urging duryodhana to wager his brothers . If won they would become his slaves , and then he would get everything back as duryodhana loved his brothers and would do anything to get them back .

Yudhishthira began praising arjuna by mentioning about his birth .
" The one who was born to the illustrious king of swarga loka , the god of gods , Indra deva ....... "

He praised kunti and Indra deva for giving birth to arjuna then he went on narrating the achievements of Indra deva . Kauravas were wondering why he was saying all this irrelevant things . Kauravas were laughing that he never mentioned pandu . After finishing his praises for Indra . Yudhishthira started narrating the great conquests of arjuna .

Kauravas snickered at the utter nonsense . Karna and Duryodhana's were looking irritated , by all the lies their poor ears were subjected to .

Karna looked at his wife , she looked completely tired and was yawning . Vrushali was totally uninterested in hearing all the nonsense but she was feeling sleepy by listening to it as it was boring as hell .

Yudhishthira then went on praising arjuna with the names that he had recieved by the people for the great deeds that he had committed , according to them . He went on explaining the reason behind the names as well .
"Dhanañjaya - one who conquered wealth and gold"
"Gudākesha - one who has conquered sleep "
One of Kaurava laughed saying " wow! , he earned a name even for sleeping, what an achievement "
" Vijaya - always victorious, invincible and undefeatable "

" Yeah his opponents are always victorious " someone commented , others laughing .

Subhadra couldn't hold on any longer as her eyes were closing , she placed her head on karna's shoulder and asked him to wake her when yudhishthira was done . Karna couldn't help but smile seeing her state .

Yudhishthira continued with other names ...

" Savyasāchī - one who can shoot arrows using the right and the left hand with equal activity " Along with the names , the story and reason behind the name were told.

Kauravas knew it was all made up .

" They must have named themselves . who would give name for all these silly reasons . Even I can shoot with both hands , but no one came to name me " one of the Kaurava said laughing with others .

In between Duryodhana requested yudhishthira to finish faster so that they can get on with the game . But yudhishthira didn't pay heed . He wanted to let everyone know of arjuna's worth.

Bhisma and vidura were having goosebumps, hearing great things about their favourite grandson .

All the while arjuna's chest was swelling with pride . He tried to look at every women present in the hall to see them look at him with admiration. But to his disappointment subhadra was sleeping, he didn't know if she was mocking them or she was really sleeping, but it seemed real , still it was kind of disrespecting them . Soon they would teach her a lesson , and he couldn't wait for it . Bhanumati and dushala were chatting among themselves like they were living in a different world . All his pride started evaporating .

After finishing arjuna's names he went on describing arjuna's wives one by one .
He was shamelessly describing their beauty in a gross way without even thinking that they were his sister in law .

Kauravas were making fun of arjuna seeing how his face had changed its color right after yudhishthira started describing the beauty of his wives . It was clear from the way yudhishthira described them that he had set his lustful eyes on them .

Even ghadhari and dhritarashtra felt awkward by listening to yudhishthira's shameless portrayal of his sister in laws .

Bhisma and vidura felt proud of their righteous grandson for taking the chance to even praise his family members .

Vrushali was still sleeping completely oblivious to this shameless act .

After a long time yudhishthira ended his speech . Bhisma stood up from his seat and started clapping feeling proud of his great grandsons . Vidura joined him praising Yudhishthira and arjuna. Yudhishthira was happy at this gesture by their grandfather .

Dhritarashtra tried to fake a smile while ghandhari was clutching the arms of her seat to control her anger , trying to control an outburst , afterall she was an women . Bhanumati and dushala felt similar way but if arjuna was okay with it then why would they interfere , they talked among themselves . Duryodhana and karna was having same thoughts , it was none of their business , they just wanted to end this idiocy at the earliest.

While bhisma , vidura and Pandavas were clapping , vrushali who was still sleeping with her head leaning on her husbands shoulder , woke up by the sudden heavy noises . She immediately asked him " what happened " worried that she might have slept for longer . He gave her some water all the while smiling , finding her actions so cute , he told her that yudhishthira's speech had just ended and now they were to decide on what to bet on .

Dushala after watching subhadra's action commented " what a drama queen " . Bhanumati was simply smiling .

Yudhishthira thought he had successfully established arjuna's worthiness and now he could ask them to wager indraprastha along with some of the Kauravas against arjuna .
Yudhishthira asked them to put something at stake that must equal arjuna's worth .

Duryodhana told him he could get back indraprastha if he wins.

Yudhishthira was not happy "I asked something equal to arjuna's worth . Just giving back our kingdom will not be enough , arjuna is worth more than that "

" Something equal to arjuna , that's a tough one . Let me think " vrushali was talking more to herself but it was louder for everyone to hear .

She tried to think of an equal to arjuna , his face reminded her of one thing . An idea struck her mind . She turned to Duryodhana who was next to her and asked him " Brother , how many donkeys do we have in our kingdom " , Duryodhana after thinking a bit said more than a thousand I guess .

" Ohh , that's more than enough , then let's put 500 donkeys at stake . we should be more generous as we are on the winning side . " Duryodhana agreed laughing finally understanding what she meant . Everyone on Kauravas side were laughing their hearts out hearing the deal .

" It's settled then " she said raising her palm for a high five to Duryodhana , as she and dushala used to do very often . Duryodhana slapped her palm with his . Then she turned to her husband showing her palm but when he was about to hit it , she immediately raised her hand to her hair acting like she was adjusting her hair , giving him a toothy smile .

Karna took her hand which was resting on her hair and slapped her palm with his , returning an equally mischievous smile .

Yudhishthira was angry at the mockery that they were subjected to , 500 donkeys for arjuna .

" I want my kingdom back and any of your 10 brothers " he demanded with his voice louder than usual.

" I don't own my brother's , they are just my brother's . I do not see them as my possession. So I will give you indraprastha back and maybe some donkeys like subhadra suggested but nothing more . If you can't then let's stop the game here " Duryodhana was angry but he tried to remain calm .

Yudhishthira had no choice but to proceed with whatever they were giving

Again they lost .

Then yudhishthira put bheema at stake . With bheema the boasting was reduced to a large extent since he knew if arjuna could not get him much then definitely not with his other brothers . They are surely going to mock them by putting few elephant at wager agianst bheema , he thought . Yudhishthira didn't say anything about bheema's wives as he thought they were bulky like bheema so he didn't find them very attractive like Arjun's wife .

Bheema was glad that his brother had left out his wives from his lustfilled eyes .

Again Pandavas witnessed a loss . Then same happened with nakula and sahdeva .

By now yudhishthira had completely finished the liquor bottle . Part of his thinking was influenced by the intoxication . He had lost all his brothers .

Shakuni was happy that they had got indraprastha so easily . He advised duryodhana to end the game and release those good for nothing Pandavas . Maybe exile them to forest , he suggested . It's a bad influence to keep these perverts in the family even as slaves , he explained . Duryodhana agreed , he was so happy that they were going to get rid of them finally.

Pandavas except yudhishthira were all looking sad , all the attitude they had shown in the beginning were gone . They were now slaves of their enemies and they started to realise that their plan had backfired.

Duryodhana said " lets end the game , you have lost everything as per the game rules we are supposed to end it now "

Yudhishthira laughed like maniac " Are you really acting like an idiot or born an idiot " clearly the drinks were showing its effect .

Duryodhana was so angry , even after loosing everything this Dumbo was having the audacity to mock him .

Yudhishthira continued " I still have my wives and mother , they all belong to me . They are my greatest possession . Only after loosing them you can say I lost everything "

Duryodhana face palmed , not able endure this madness any longer .

Vrushali was busy enquiring karna about how many wives Yudhishthira had so that she can calculate number of games they had to play , but he didn't have any idea .

A tear fell down from bhisma's eyes watching the difficult situation that his grandson was going through . He got up from his seat and announced that as his grandfather , he too belonged to yudhishthira and he was ready to become a slave if that was the sacrifice he had to make for the greater good . Hearing this , distraught vidura too expressed his support to yudhishthira .

Dhritarashtra was angry seeing how bhisma and vidura were being partial to his sons . He had seen this from his birth , first they were showing their favouritism towards pandu , who spent most of his days in brothels , now with sons of pandu . He tried to keep his calm . Afterall they were asking to become slaves of his sons , let them be , they actually deserved it , he thought .

" This is becoming more crazier than I expected " dushala told bhanumati . Bhanumati didn't know what to say .

" That means this game might go on for days , his possession keeps on increasing , wonder who would come next to become part of the list " vrushali told karna who was also wondering when this stupid game would end.

Yudhishthira was happy with his grandfather and uncle showing their support. Now he had two more possessions to stake . He was thinking on whom to start with. He finally decided he should go with his wife draupadi.

Yudhishthira began shamelessly describing draupadi's beauty . He used vulgar statements like " Even trimurti's would die to sleep with her " . He went on describing her body without even thinking that she was his wife.

Vrushali's anger was raising with each word he uttered . Karna saw this and caught her hand in his to make her calm.

Duryodhana didn't like this at all , he was fine to make Pandavas his slave , even bhisma and vidura if they were ready. But putting women at stake without any ounce of guilt , he would never gamble with his family so he didn't want to play the game anymore .

Duryodhana said " How can you put your wife at stake without her consent , we won't continue the game without draupadi herself saying that she is okay with it "

Yudhishthira was angry " she is my wife , she belongs to me . There is no need to ask her . She will always obey me "

Vrushali was so angry that she felt like beheading him then and there . She drank some water to calm her nerves .

Shakuni laughed saying " So you know that your wife wont be happy with it "

Yudhishthira was angry at this remark " my wives are always loyal to me , unlike yours " he turn to look at subhadra with hatred evident

He asked a guard to tell draupadi that he had asked her to come to the hall .

" Let's hear it from her mouth then " he said looking at shakuni . His eyes were now red like blood, not sure wether it was from anger or the drink .

The guard came back soon with the bad news that draupadi didn't want to come . Yudhishthira was so angry at his wife's disobedience .

It was draupadi's time of the month, so she was staying in the her room with her maids . When she heard about yudhishthira asking her to come down to the hall , where they were playing game , she refused to go because of her condition.

Yudhishthira felt like she had insulted him by disobeying him . He stood up without saying anything to others and left the hall . Everyone wondered what he was upto . There was an air of uneasiness. Most of them felt like something bad was going to happen .

Yudhishthira went to draupadi's room . He roared and slammed the door open " How dare you disobey me " draupadi feared seeing him like this , his eyes were blood red and face full of anger . He knew her state but he didn't care , his decision where partly influenced by the intoxication . Draupadi was confused by the way he was behaving even after knowing her condition , still she tried to remind him again . Draupadi tried to tell him why she wasn't going there but before she could finish , yudhishthira who needed no explanation for her disobedience , pulled her by her hair and walked through the corridors towards the hall, draupadi was crying and pleading him saying she was not even wearing proper clothes . Her cries went unheard even by kunti who was sleeping in one of the room .

He reached the hall all the while pulling draupadi by her hair . Everyone were shocked to see draupadi's state , being pulled by her hair , that too by her own husband . He then pulled her all the way to the centre of the hall .

Draupadi cried to her other husbands to help her , but they just hung down their head .

Yudhishthira shouted " How dare you insult me , you are nothing but a whore , you should be glad to be my slave . I can strip you off your clothes if I want , right here and no one will dare to question me "

Draupadi was sobbing with tears streaming down her eyes , her hair still under his clutches .

Vrushali couldn't hold her anger any longer , yudhishthira had broken all the code of moral conduct . Threatening to strip his own wife , pulling her by her hair , Calling her whore . No more reason was needed to send him to hell .

She lifted her hand and summoned her weapon . She directed it towards his hand which was still holding her hair . Yudhishthira's focus was completely on hurting his wife so he was unaware of the dangerous weapon that was moving towards him . The chakra aligned itself vertically and pierced through his fingers . Yudhishthira squeeled out of pain ,as three fingers of his right hand were severed . A pool of blood formed out of the blood oozing through his severed fingers .

Vrushali was not satisfied, the weapon went a little ahead and changed its direction to go again , this time aligning horizontally aiming for his head . Karna tried to shake his wife who was in a trans state . His attempts went futile . The devine weapon was only few inches away from yudhishthira. Karna wished he could control the weapon so that he can stop it from advancing further , he tried to imagine it stop , a desperate last attempt before it beheads yudhishthira . To his amazement it did stop . In his mind he commanded it to come to him. It did come to him , he lifted his hand and opened his forefinger , It rested on his hand spinning at high velocity , ready to destroy anything it touches , then it disappeared as per his wish . He was bewildered and shocked as much as everyone else .

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed . Chapter is very long so it's hard to edit so you might find errors . You can tell me if you any .

Actually there was more to write but already chapter went so long rest will written in next one .

Do comment .

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

Tampered [SLOW UPDATES] Od Pragati

Historická literatura

167K 10K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
38.8K 1.9K 25
Gonna repair the damage made to Abhira Gonna complete the love story of Abhi and Akshu Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
8.1K 83 18
Sequel of Cardfight Vanguard "R".
20.6K 429 9
A girl who was belonged to kaliyug but suddenly she belongs to dwapar yug? A girl who was the orphan suddenly she get a big family even a twin brothe...