3.Aftermath

When Vrushali came back to her senses , she was still angry . In her anger she had not thought about the consequences of killing yudhishthira . she gave a death glare to yudhishthira , who fell down in his own blood out of fear . She then turned to her husband and hid her face in his chest . He smiled caressing her hair .

Dushala was thunderstruck by seeing subhadra like this . She like everyone thought she would witness yudhishthira's head rolling on floor but again another surprise came . She wondered how they were able to control the devine weapon. She wanted to know , but her friend would try to switch topic when they ask her . Bhanumati shook her from her thoughts , and signalled her turning her eyes towards draupadi , she understood what bhanumati was trying to convey. They both went to draupadi's side to console her , she was shedding tears .

They decided to take draupadi to their chambers . They looked at karna and gestured him asking wether his wife would join them . Vrushali was still resting her head on his chest hiding her face from others. He wispered in her ears to go with them . She looked at his face innocently nodding and he couldn't help but smile at her cuteness . Dushala came rushing to take her away .

There was one more person who was shedding tears other than draupadi . Bhisma was shattered at the fate of his grandson , who was fighting to establish dharma . " Oh god , why do you always make good people suffer so much " bhisma complained to god's . bhisma pleaded dhritarashtra to end this wicked game . He said it was adharma as it was against rules for women to play the game . Vidura supported bhisma and asked dhritarashtra to stop the game immediately . Hope ignited the face of Pandavas .

Ghandhari was feeling disgusted by Pandavas and their supporters . Dhritarashtra was confused on how to react with everything that happened .He wanted to put an end to this madness . He ordered duryodhana to end the game and give everything back to Pandavas .

Kauravas and shakuni were disappointed with this , duryodhana tried to make his father understand but his father was in no mood to listen and he could do nothing but obey .

Pandavas were happy that they didn't have to loose everything . Yudhishthira knew that with everything that had happened he was going to loose trust of his own brothers , will they listen to him again , even in his pain he was thinking about how to get them back to trust him again .

*****

Bhanumati , dushala and vrushali were trying to console draupadi who was still crying thinking about her fate . Just one mistake had cost her everything . She suddenly stopped crying , looking at subhadra she said " I'm sorry for what happened in my swayamvar . Vrushali was confused at first then realised that she was referring to her husband . She smiled and said " It's okay , why would I be angry with you . Infact , Even my husband is not angry at all , even I thought he must be angry with you so I asked him once and he narrated about everything that happened that day " . " what did he say ? " Draupadi asked her curiously, she wanted to know what karna thought of that incident . Vrushali narrated what her husband had told her .

Draupadi's swayamvar

Karna had fallen in love with princess of dwaraka , he had seen her during her stay in hastinapura . But he thought she would never have the same feelings for him , so he tried to forget her but he was failing terribly . The more he tried to forget her the more she came in his thoughts .

One day , Duryodhana had come to visit him in anga and he was happy to see his friend . When duryodhana told him about how a swayamvar was held for the princess of pachal , he was totally not interested . Duryodhana convinced him saying just going there won't hurt him and he agreed half-heartedly . Duryodhana told him that it was archery competition and so he was not participating . "Not because you are afraid of bhanumati " karna teased him .