he loved her first

By targaryen14

Genevive Beaumount's Parents were good friends with elizabeth of york and henry Vll so for as long as Geneviv... More

Epigraph
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 14

473 10 13
By targaryen14

April 2, 1510

Isabel was laying in bed.  

She had just woken up.  All she could think about was Rosa and them in the garden.  

She walked out of her room and saw how everyone was walking to Arthur's chambers. 

She looked inside and saw that he was sick and he was not getting better.  

She went to find Catherine.  

She went to Catherine's chambers.  

"Your grace?"

Catherine looks to the door and smiles "Isabel, come in."  

Isabel walks closer to Catherine "I heard about Arthur.  I'm sorry"

Catherine looks at Isabel and smiles "Thank you. sit."

Isabel sits down next to Catherine.  "You know i have known Arthur for a long time.  He is the kindest man i have ever known.  

Catherine smiles "Let's pray"

So they pray together.  

Genevive was in her room.  Playing with her daughter to keep her mind off Arthur's sickness.  The king and queen had left to be by his side.  

Edward opens the door and looks at Genevive and Alice and smiles.  

Genevive looks up and sees that Edward is sad.  

She turns to one of the maids "Can you please take Alice?"

The maid nods "Yes, M'lady" 

The takes Alice into her arms and walks outside.  

Genevive stands up and walks over to Edward.  "Are you alright?"

Edward sighes and takes her hands in his own.  "Genevive... It's Arthur"

Genevive looks at him scared "Yes?" 

Edward looks at her with pity "It's Arthur.  The fever took him. He didn't make it#

Genevive feels the tears into a hug.  

Edward sighes and pulls her into a hug.  She just sobs.  

"Oh Arthur"  She keeps crying.  

Edward sighes "I'm so sorry Genevive"

Suddenly Genevive pull away.  

She wipes her face "Sorry. Um i need to go... I need to find someone"

Edward smiles and cups her cheeks "It's okay. But just know that I love you and i am always here for you"  

Genevive smiles and leans in for a kiss.  She pulls away "I love you too"

She walks out.  

She runs to Harry's chambers.  

She knocks at his door, repeatedly." 

She sighes "Harry, where are you?"

"Looking for me?"  She turns around and sees Harry.

She sighes and pulls him into a hug.  

She sighes "I'm so sorry."  

Harry just nods "Me too"

Harry pulls away "Do you wanna come inside and talk?"

Genevive nods "Yeah"  

Harry opens the door to his chambers and they walk in.  

They sit down on the bed 

Harry takes a hold of Genevive's hand.  

Genevive looks at him.  

"Arthur was the nicest in the world and i know you loved him.  And even when you teased him I know you did"

Harry nods "Yeah i did"

Genevive then relaises something and looks at Harry

"Oh no... Claudia"

Claudia was sitting in the garden embroider.

"Claudia?"  She looks up and sees George.  She haven't spoken with him ever since she found out about the kiss. 

Claudia stands up and ready to walk away "I don't wanna speak with you"

George sighes "Claudia please.  I need to talk with you"

She turns to look at him "About what?! You kissed someone else!

George sighes "No. She kissed me."  

Claudia scoffs "I saw you.  Your lips was on her lips."

George shakes his head "Please just let me explain."

Claudia is quiet then sighes "Fine"  She sits down.  

She crosses her arms and looks at him.  

George sighes "Look. I thought me and her were just friends.  We were talking and then just out of nowhere she kissed me.  I was shocked, i didn't expect it.  If you had seen my face you would have seen that my eyes were wide open.  And yes i might have melted into the kiss for a second but it was then you came in and she pulled  away.  And i saw you and i knew it didn't look good"

He takes a hold of Claudia's hands "Claudia i love you.  Why would i ruin this after years waiting for you to feel the same way.  If you want me to send her away, i will do it.  I will speak to her father.  I love you"

Claudia looks at him with tears in her eyes. 

She doesn't say anything until she takes a deep breath.  "Send her away. And if this happen ever again i will leave you and i will take our children to Scotland and you will never see us again.  i promise you on that"  

George nods "Yes." Claudia just looks at him and then pulls him into a big hug

Claudia sighes "I have missed you"  

George smiles "I have missed you too"

Claudia pulls away "And i love you too"  

George smiles but then sighes "There is something else i have to tell you.  

Claudia looks at him "What is it?"   

George breathes deeply "As you know.  We have gotten the news that Arthur is sick"

Claudia looks at him confused "Yes. But he's gonna be fine.  It's Arthur."    

George shakes his head and caresses her cheek "No my love.  He's not.  Arthur didn't make it.  He died this morning, the fever took him."

Claudia stands up "No. No.  Please tell me you're lying"

George stands up and takes a hold of her hands.  "I wish i did.  I really do.  I'm so sorry"

Claudia leaps into his arms and just cries in his arms.  "Not Arthur.  Not Him.  My.. My best friend"

George just holds her and lets her cry.  

Genevive was still sitting next to Harry, in silence.  

Harry looks at her and sighes.  "Genevive... Why have you been avoiding me"

Genevive just looks down, doesn't say anything.  

Harry just sighes "Genevive please!"

Genevive looks at him with tears in her eyes.  "Because!  Because everytime i look at Edward i feel guilty.  I love him so much but at the same time you hold a piece of my heart.  And i just can't keep doing this to him"  

Harry looks at her "What are you saying?"

Genevive looks at him with tears streaming "I need you to let me go.  Because i can't truly be a good wife when i have you wrapped around my finger.  And you deserve to love someone who can marry you.  I can't do that"  

Genevive stands up starting to walk to the door. 

Harry stands up "So what?? You think i can just shake these feelings away"

Genevive turns around to look back at him.  "No, Of course not.  Neither can i.  That's why i think we should stay away from eachother for a while"  

Genevive looks at him  one last time "Goodbye Harry"  

She then walks out.  

Isabel is now sitting in Carriage with Catherine, Rosa, Lina and Maggie.  

Isabel sitting next to Rosa and caresses her hand without anyone else noticing.  

But can also see Lina looking at her. Why? 

Now they're on their way back to the english court.  

Isabel looks at Catherine.  What will this mean for her?  Her husband is dead.  

Arthur is dead :(  a very sad chapter.  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.1K 77
• Y/N Y/L/N • You are a successful screenwriter • You have a daughter who is 4, you love her to pieces even though she was a result of rape • Your d...
31.2K 778 31
What if Anne Boleyn had borne a son? Bells peel, bonfires crackle, and Te Deums ring out from every church. Throughout England the kingdom is rejoici...
68.5K 1.2K 39
Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Richmond and Derby and mother of Henry VII decides she does not want her grandson ,Arthur, Prince of Wales to follow a...
148K 2.5K 18
Charlotte is the Niece of Charles Brandon. Best Friend of King Henry. She has lived in France nearly all of her years but comes back to reconnect wit...