Onward: Don't Hold Back

By DenimJacketWoman

Edit on 10/19/2022; Almost three months ago, I was eligible to enter on The Wattys 2022. I have checked today... More

Notes before the Disney-Pixar Crossover Fanfic
The Lightfoot Brothers
The Wisps
This is Unexpected
What Are You?
The Quest for the Teleportation Gem
Laurel
Knolling Hills
The Centaur
The Resting Area
The Fierce Battle
The Gremlin
Loch Lake
Heart-to-Heart Talk at Loch Lake
What Are You Really?!
The Manticore's Tavern
New Mushroomton
The Witch
The Way to Defeat Mor'du the Demon Bear
The Ring of Stones
Facing the Fearsome Foe of Scotland
Castle Dunbroch
Use What You've Got
The Invisibility Spell
The Cake
In Guinevere II
Merida's Dilemma
The Forest of the Brave Wilderness
The Teleportation Gem
The Fog
In the Witch's Cottage
Confronting Queen Elinor
Mending the Tapestry
Breaking the Witch's Spell
The Way to the Lake of Nessie
The Kelpie
Don't Hold Back
Notes from DenimJacketWoman/Writer's Block
Barley
One last note

Wait, She's a Bear?!

16 2 0
By DenimJacketWoman

Merida had the opened green plaid box on her both hands. The princess was smiling. Merida heads down the stairs carefully.

Laurel sees the princess coming to the kitchen. Laurel was finishing up the dishes. She was quizzed. "Whatcha got there, Merida?" Laurel asks happily.

The princess was emotionless. Merida narrowed her eyes. The princess shrugs. "It's just a cake in this box. My three wee brothers would have love this." Merida answers.

The princess placed the green plaid box on the counter.

Laurel was confident. She decided to go to the silverware drawer. Laurel brought out a fork. She offers it to Merida. "Be my taste tester and tell me how was it." Laurel suggested.

Merida takes the fork from Laurel. The princess was glad. "With pleasure." Merida said.

The princess had her fork piercing a little piece of the cake. Merida ate it. The princess smacks her lips. Merida was starting to make faces. "Bleugh, this is..." The princess trailed off her sentence.

Laurel was confused. She has her eyes widened. "Merida?" Laurel gasped.

The princess walked away from the countertop in her swiftness. Merida trips in the living room. She shrieked. The princess was breathing heavy. Merida feels like she was getting sick. "What was in that CAKE?" The princess inquires quietly.

Laurel was astonished. She hurries to the stairs.

Merida crawled slowly to the couch. She can heard her panicking from upstairs.

Laurel got to Ian's bedroom. She was fearful. "Boys! It's Merida!" Laurel exclaimed.

Barley and Ian looked at their blue elf mother instantly. The Lightfoot brothers are concerned. They ran out of the room with Laurel.

The princess grips on the couch. Merida grabbed on the bright yellow blanket. She was feeling weak from her efforts to get up. Merida flickers her eyes. She was panting awfully. The princess fainted, dragging the bright yellow blanket with her. Merida was completely covered with it.

Laurel came to the living room. She was bewildered. "MERIDA!" Laurel screamed.

Barley and Ian appeared behind their blue elf mom.

Barley surveys the area in his panic. "Mum, where's the cake?!" He exclaims in his inquiry.

Laurel looks at Barley. "The countertop in the kitchen." She added, pointing him out. The blue burly elf dashes to it. Laurel glances at her blue skinny elf son. "Ian, I'm worried. I don't know what's wrong with Merida." Laurel mentioned.

The blue skinny elf faced his blue elf mother. "Mom, the cake was made by the witch of Scotland." Ian added. The Lightfoot brothers' mother gasps. The blue skinny elf extended his arms. "It's hard to explain right now." Ian said in his panicking.

Barley snatched the green plaid box. The blue burly elf was frowning. He calls out to the family pet dragon. "Blazey, BURN THE CAKE DOWN!" Barley shouted.

The little green dragon runs to the blue burly elf.

Barley crouches downwards. The blue burly elf showed Blazey the cake.

The little green dragon halted. Then, Blazey breathes out fire at the cake.

Barley grinned with satisfaction.

The cake became the burnt kind of it.

Laurel was stern at her blue burly elf son. "Barley, take out THAT cake to the trash, mister!" She shouts.

The blue burly elf got up quickly. Barley heads to the side door. The blue burly elf was mischievous. "GOT IT, MUM!" Barley hollered. The blue burly elf was outside for a moment.

Laurel faces her blue skinny elf son. "Ian, please tell me what happened. I can take the long explanation, really." She begged.

The blue skinny elf breathes nervously. "Mom, the witch from Scotland appeared in my room. She was here to help us beat Mor'du in Scotland, so the demon bear will be gone in our world..." Ian added, explaining. Laurel nodded her head a couple times. She understood him, after she says okay twice. The blue skinny elf was still concerning. "The king named Fergus was with us when Barley and I fought Mor'du. Barley told me to turn Mor'du into stone..." Ian explained.

Laurel shrugged. "Did you and Barley really beat the demon bear in Scotland?" She wondered.

The blue burly elf returned to the living room. Barley was bothered. "Mor'du!" The blue burly elf added, correcting. Barley was still bothered. "Ian and I did." He replied.

The centaur arrives behind the blue burly elf.

"Mum, I got Colt. I told him what's going on." Barley said.

Laurel and Ian looked at the centaur.

Colt was alarmed. "Is Merida all right?" He asks.

Laurel sighs. She was melancholy. "Colt, the princess seems okay at first. Then after the cake..." Laurel explains.

The blue burly elf cautiously goes to the bright yellow blanket. Barley was still bothered again. "Mum, the witch of Scotland made THAT cake. I gotta know what happened to Merida." He clarifies.

Barley hesitates to move the blanket out of the princess.

The blue skinny elf touched his head. "Everything else was confusing, mom. The king brought me and Barley to his castle." Ian clarified.

The blue burly elf looks at his blue elf mother. "The queen accused my brother of stealing the princess away by his magic. I was being sent to the dungeon by the same queen. And the three wee princes of Scotland freed us from the kingdom." Barley vents.

The bright yellow blanket lifts itself up swiftly.

Merida was making animal sounds. The princess was not a human by witch's transformation. She has dark brown fur.

The Lightfoots and the centaur witnessed the change of the princess horrifyingly.

They shrieked at Merida with their eyes widened.

Laurel and Colt cupped their mouths, gasping.

Ian was tense.

Barley was staggered. "The princess is an animal!" He exclaimed.

Merida tilts her head left and right at them.

There was a long awkward silence for seconds.

The centaur was baffled. "Wait, she's a bear?!" Colt inquired in exclamation.

Laurel, Barley and Ian gradually turns their heads at the centaur. They are sudden.

The princess raises her eyebrow. Merida made animal noises again.

Colt goes to the end table. He searched thru the end table drawer. The centaur pulls out the small mirror.

The Lightfoots are more astonishing. They are wide-eyed.

Laurel extends her left hand. "Colt, don't!" She screams.

Yet it was too late.

Merida sees thru the small mirror. The princess was quivering. Merida was alarming. She was making animal whimpers.

Ian cringed.

Barley was more astonished than ever. "Oh no." He said.

The princess roars in her scream. Merida toppled backwards. She was freaking out. Merida ran around in four paws, messing the living room in the process. The princess is a bear.

Colt and Laurel attempts to calm the bear princess down.

Ian had his hands on his head. The blue skinny elf was frightened. "Great, Merida's a BEAR!" Ian cried out loud.

Barley furrows his eyebrows. The blue burly elf was irritated. "I KNEW I don't trust the witch! After she helped us over Mor'du, it was HER the whole time!" Barley exclaims.

The blue skinny elf glanced at his elder brother. "Barley..." Ian added, whispering. The blue skinny elf was gloomy. "The witch turned Merida...into a bear..." Ian recognized.

The blue burly elf shrugs. "Guess my years of 'The Quest of Yore' really paid off." Barley stated.

The blue skinny elf was alarmed. "The witch was trying to turn US into bears." Ian said.

Laurel stops chasing Bear Merida. Laurel was angry. "ENOUGH!" She yelled.

They hold everything for Laurel.

The Lightfoot brothers' mother went to her sons.

Laurel points to her blue skinny elf son. "Ian, call the Manticore." She commands.

The blue skinny elf was worried yet acknowledging. Ian nodded his head at his blue elf mother. He dialed the Manticore's number from his black smartphone.

Laurel looked at her blue burly elf son. "Barley, look up for The Brave Wilderness from your game!" She ranted.

The blue burly elf was confused with anxiety. "What about the queen mum?" Barley wonders.

Laurel held her blue burly son's left shoulder. "Barley, I'm not afraid of the queen of Scotland. She cannot mess with my boys like that. I am gonna have so much talk WITH HER. THE QUEEN needs to work out with Merida. She CAN'T force the princess to get married because she can. And I'm coming with you for the gem. Because...I'm a mighty warrior..." Laurel replies in her declaring.

The blue burly elf was smiling. Barley got a wickeder expression. He raises his both fists. "OH YEAH!" Barley yells happily.

The trio of Lightfoots are resuming the quest for the Teleportation Gem.

The Manticore got a call from Iandore Lightfoot. She heard it was urgent.

The Manticore arrived to the Lightfoots' house. She gives them important items to them; the map for the gem, the sword for Barley and Laurel, food from her tavern and the incantation parchment for using the Teleportation Gem.

Officer Colt Bronco runs with the Lightfoots.

The Manticore returns to her restaurant. She told them to text her if Merida will be okay, and safe back to her world.

Laurel, Barley and Ian helped Bear Merida in Guinevere II. It has took them awhile to get the bear princess in the orange van.

Laurel stays in the back of Guinevere II with Bear Merida. The poor princess was depressed. Laurel comforts Bear Merida, reassuring her that everything will be all right.

Barley drives his orange van. He rechecks the bear princess in the back every few seconds, before focusing on the road. Barley pitied Merida.

Ian has his brown wooden staff with him.

Aware that Queen Elinor only have been doing what's best for the kingdom, it's clear that the queen has gone too far.

They are on the way to The Brave Wilderness.

It's gonna be a long drive from New Mushroomton.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 260 26
Book Four - Last Book in The Power Prophecy Series _______________________ A war is among them. Harry is wanted. And everyone is afraid. Rose helps h...
11.2K 316 9
What happens when you get sucked into Brave as Merida? What if Scotland gets dragged into the adventure as well? Let's find out (P.S. I do not own Di...
16.8K 369 8
Sadly, I really don't have the motivation to continue this story any longer. I know a lot of you have been wanting to read more of it, and I sincerel...
49.6K 1.9K 24
˜"*°•.˜"*°• "Forward, Backward, Inward, Outward." •°*"˜.•°*"˜ ˜"*°•.˜"*°• "Come and Join the Chase! Nothing could be Drier Than a Jolly Caucus Race...