๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‘๐”๐‹๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐‘๐„๐ˆ...

็”ฑ sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... ๆ›ดๅคš

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Twenty Four

2K 61 5
็”ฑ sadgirlzera

"It has been four weeks since Kenneth Samuels has
died in The Manhattan Correctional Facility. His body was found hanging by a rope made out of pillow cases and there were multiple injuries on his body. He had 27 bruises scattered on his skin, his fingernails were ripped out, his tongue and his ears were cut off, and his eyes were gauged. All of the phone lines were cut so there is no way to trace any of the calls. It is believed that one of the guards did this while Mr. Kenneth was alive. Authorities have officially confirmed there is no evidence to suggest who specifically could have done it, and without solid evidence soon, the case will be forced to close. Next, we'll forecast Ruth Rodriguez's inauguration as the next female Mayor of New York City,"

Having turned off the television, Diana released a much-needed sigh as she stood up from the chair and began pacing around the bedroom. No matter how much Kenneth hurt her, she never wanted him to die. She never wanted anyone to die because her heart was so full of love.

"Jesus, Diana. It's 6 am in the fucking morning," A low rumble erupted from Reid's chest which was only met with an eye roll from the blonde. "I can hear every fucking step you take on that damn floor,"

It was no secret the Maxwell worshiped his sleep. When he woke up before he needed to, he was always grumpy.

"Oh god," She panicked, running her hands through her blonde hair, while she tried to focus on her breathing. "What if he's dead because of me?"

"What the fuck did you just say?" Reid asked, his eyes opening as he lifted himself off the bed. "I-I put him in there, this is all my fault. I'm a murderer,"

He rolled his eyes, standing up from the bed and pulling her towards him. He cupped her cheeks, forcing her to look at him. "Don't say that shit, again. It's not your fault. Kenneth probably had a lot of enemies. I mean the damn man was the Mayor,"

She nodded, using a napkin to wipe the perspiration that was on her forehead. Once again, she was overreacting. "You're right. I'm just thinking too much of it,"

Reid's adam apple bobbed up and down while she began packing her purse for the day. She looked so innocent and he couldn't fathom the idea of lying to her. He grunted out a curse, running his hands through his strands. "It was me. I had him killed,"

Diana lifted her gaze to him, her lips forming a small pout. "What?"

"I ordered a prisoner in there to torture and kill Kenneth. He made sure he felt the pain that you felt,"

"You said you wouldn't hurt him," She said, taking a step back. "So you've known about this for the four weeks that he's been dead and you never told me? All this time, I always thought it was my fault,"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Why would you do such a thing? He was in jail, he wasn't bothering us!"

"It wasn't enough, he needed to suffer and pay for what he did to you. I couldn't stand waking up knowing that he was still on this Earth breathing,"

"You don't just get to decide who lives and who dies. It's not up to you because you aren't God!" She verbalized, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This is a partnership Reid, if you're going to do something illegal, I need to know about it,"

"You're the DA. Why would I tell you?" He asked, but she only scoffed and placed her hands on her hips. "So I can—,"

Diana stopped herself, rubbing her temples and closing her eyes. She started to feel dizzy, very dizzy which caused her to lean on the wall. This wasn't the first time this happened, she's been feeling dizzy for a couple of days now.

Reid furrowed his eyebrows together, he didn't know what was wrong. He quickly guided her to the bed, where she took a seat. "What's wrong? Are you hurt, are you feeling okay? Do you need me to get any painkillers from the store—,"

"I'm fine," She assured. "You... We need to—what are we talking about?"

"Blondie, you're clearly feeling off,"

"I said I'm fine!" Diana stood up from the bed and sighed. It was obvious there was tension in the air between them, and she didn't want to be there any longer.

"I need to go to work, so I can lock up people who have committed fewer crimes than you have,"

She walked towards the bedroom door and slammed it shut, making her way down the foyer. She didn't even acknowledge Charlotte and Matteo who worked on an Excel Spreadsheet for Reid's finances.

It was no secret she was angry with her boyfriend. He always managed to do things that she didn't agree with. She was mostly hurt that he lied to her for four weeks, thinking that it was her fault for putting Kenneth in harm's way. She always told herself, that he would still be alive if he wasn't in jail.

Diana adjusted her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose as she exited her Aston Martin. Hundreds of Reporters waited for her at the steps of the office, trying to get any reaction from her based on the recent death of her late ex-husband. She made her way to her office, keeping her head down. They were always there but this was the biggest crowd she had seen, it seemed as if they were multiplying.

"What do you have to say about your late ex-husband?"

"Do you still love him?"

"Diana Kingsley, did you kill Kenneth Samuels? Was it because he loved another woman?"

"Kill him?" Diana asked, disgust laced in her voice. She had never been asked that question before. The reporter waited for an answer, but she simply shook her head and kept moving.

"Just admit that you killed him! You deserve to rot in the same jail cell he was murdered in,"

"I-I didn't—," Something was wrong, she suddenly couldn't breathe. Every breath was slower and slower, but her heart kept beating rapidly. She felt like she was dying, suffocating from an unexpected wave of fear. The constant camera flashes and the yelling from the reporters only made things worse.

Before Diana knew it, she had collapsed and she was out cold.

The Barrington Hospital was one of the best Hospitals in New York. This was where the wealthy class was admitted if there were any problems. The Staff and the service were exceptional which is why Cindy decided to take Diana there. The assistant waited with Kehlani, another Attorney from the office who was on maternity leave. When Kehlani heard the news, she practically ran out of the house and drove to the hospital.

"I can't believe the Doctor said I had a panic attack," Diana whispered, looking at her manicured nails. "I've never had one of those before,"

"It could be because of the stress. I mean it must not be easy with everything that is going on," Kehlani said, grabbing Diana's hand and squeezing it. "If you need anything, we're always here for you,"

"You guys are sweet," The blonde admitted, closing her eyes and delivering a soft groan. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I've just been feeling a bit nauseous over the last few days. I think it's because of the pasta I had on Wednesday," She responded. "Have you told the doctors? They can figure out what's wrong,"

"No. Trust me, it's nothing serious," Diana assured as there was a gentle knock on the door. Reid held a bouquet and a bag of food, as he offered her a shy smile. "Blondie,"

"Sorry, no strangers in this room," Kehlani said before she narrowed her eyes and placed her hand over her mouth. "Reid? Reid Maxwell, Omg! I'm a—,"

"Please, I just need to speak with her," He said. She placed her hands up playfully, before facing Diana. "I didn't know you're dating the youngest billionaire in Europe! If I was you, I'd leave my husband too,"

Cindy and Kehlani walked out together, and Reid shut the door. Diana tried to yank the wires from her arms before Reid stopped her. "Let's keep all the magic juices flowing into your body, yeah?"

"I said I'm fine," She mumbled, keeping her gaze on her fingers. He cleared his throat, placing the food on the table. "I brought flowers,"

"And Pasta, your favorite,"

"Pasta makes me nauseous now," She shrugged, crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side. Reid nodded, making his way over to his girlfriend. He grabbed her hand and placed gentle kisses over her knuckles. "I'm sorry, Diana. I should have told you about everything. About my hatred towards Kenneth—,"

"Why do you hate him so much?" She asked, frowning. He played with the rings on his fingers, clenching his jaw. "I hate him for putting his hands on you but in a way, I'm jealous of your marriage with him. There was a period in your life where you loved him,"

"But you're next in line," She said, placing her hand on his cheek. "There is no line, it's just me, Diana,"

She chuckled, earning a smile from Reid before she pushed him away. "I just wished you would have told me,"

"I know and I'm sorry about that, baby. From now on, no more secrets. Everything I know, you know. I'm going to be blunt and honest,"

Diana carefully pulled out the wires from her arms. Reid opened his mouth to protest but she gave him a look that shut him up. She peeled herself off the bed and moved toward him. She sat on his lap and laid her head on his chest. He kissed her forehead, wrapping his arms around her waist. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright,"

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you, too," She said, before grabbing the remote and turning on the television.

"Diana Kingsley has collapsed near her office building when asked about her late ex-husband. Witnesses say Reporters didn't give her any space and practically forced her to answer their questions. She has been admitted into Barrington Hospital and is being treated,"

"Unconscious is a good look for you," Reid said, the woman cringing from the photos on the television.

"You know what else is a good look for me? Being single," She said, but he tightened his grip around her waist. "I disagree,"

็นผ็บŒ้–ฑ่ฎ€

You'll Also Like

Allure ็”ฑ Rose

ๆตชๆผซ

100K 1.8K 30
"If you want to discover parts of yourself that you never dreamed of, if you want to feel pleasure and pain dance together in ways you didn't know wa...
Breaking Pierce ็”ฑ iya

ๆตชๆผซ

2.2M 78.2K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
Scarlet Love ็”ฑ Trumpet_Creeper.

้’ๅฐ‘ๅนดๅฐ่ชช

5K 522 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...