Transmigrating To The Ancient...

By yue1_23

Author: Ye Yilou Status: Complete Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Slice Of Life, Yaoi Description: Lu Lin has quit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chaptet 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175 (END)

Chapter 135

4.2K 191 23
By yue1_23

Chapter 135: Hen-pecked Highness Cheng

Knowing that Highness Cheng was coming, the villagers in Sha County were excited.

Many of the villagers in Sha County had not travelled before, the only official they had met was Lu Lin. It was not hard to imagine how excited they were when they heard the news.

"The Emperor's uncle is coming to our county! Big shot!"

"I cannot believe I can meet a prince in my lifetime!"

"Is there anything we can do to welcome this prince?

......

Lu Lin held his chin in his hands, buried in thought.

Chen Xiao Mi glanced at Lu Lin and asked, "What are you thinking about? You look worried."

Lu Lin said with concern, "I'm thinking about how to entertain the prince when he is here."

Chen Xiao Mi pursed his lips and said, "You are overthinking again, maybe you won't have to entertain the prince. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are more than happy to entertain this prince."

Lu Lin glanced at Chen Xiao Mi and said with admiration, "It makes sense!"

Lu Lin was just a seventh-ranking petty official who was not the ideal person to receive a big shot like Highness Cheng. Chances were the higher-ranking officials in the neighboring towns would fight for the opportunity to receive Highness Cheng.

The county yamen wasn't exactly dilapidated, but it had nothing to do with splendid and imposing. He didn't think any prince would condescend to stay in that shabby residence.

What was more, Highness Cheng was here to deliver the military supplies, of course it was Ji Cheng Kang who was supposed to receive him.

The more Lu Lin thought about it, the more relieved he became.

Chen Xiao Mi held his chin and said, "Do you think General Ji's guess will become true? Will Highness Cheng stay in Sha County because he is afraid of the drama at home?"

Lu Lin smiled and showed a gloating look, "I'm not sure, but General Ji knows the inside stories."

Chen Xiao Mi tilted his head and asked suspiciously, "How can this be? Is it because his new wife and concubine are both ugly?"

"I don't think so. The Empress and the Imperial Consort wouldn't marry ugly woman to Highness Cheng, they are using these women as honey-trap to win over Highness Cheng's political influence."

Lu Lin thought to himself, "It is said that there are over three thousand men in the Emperor's harem, and that is not a good thing. Some Emperors who have a weak political foundation would favor all of them equally to win over the consorts' maiden families' support. I don't understand why everyone wants to become the emperor, sounds tiring.'

Highness Cheng's new wife and concubine were arranged by the Empress and Imperial Consort Hua who were locked in the harem battle, Highness Cheng couldn't afford to offend anyone, so he had been trying his best to avoid seeing his wife and concubine.

"Highness Cheng, should I say he is too lucky or too unlucky?" Chen Xiao Mi shook his head and let out a sigh.

Lu Lin nodded in agreement.

A burst of laughter came over. Lu Lin followed the sound and looked over. It was Chen Xiao Mai and Yuan Bao who were playing hide-and-seek in the yard.

Yuan Bao was captured by Mai and let out a scream.

Lu Lin thought to himself, 'The two little ones at home are so calm, I should learn from them.'

Lu Lin had already told the two little ones that Highness Cheng was coming, but neither of seemed to have taken it to heart.

Probably a pot of chicken soup was more appealing to the kids than Highness Cheng.

......

Chen Xiao Cai returned to his own residence after he visited Lu Lin.

Lu Lin lived in the county yamen, which was the government's property. Chen Xiao Cai bought a property near the county yamen.

In the past few years, Chen Xiao Cai's business had become bigger and bigger, and he had hired more and more employees, he provided accommodation for some of the employees. Therefore, he needed a spacious residence than the county yamen.

Seeing Chen Xiao Cai come back, Shen Chi walked to the door holding a baby to greet Cai.

"Cai, I heard the workers talking about Highness Cheng is coming to Sha County, is it true?"

Shen Chi gave birth to a boy last year, Chen Lei. He had another baby boy named Shen Nian this year.

In the past, Granny Shen hoped that Shen Chi would marry someone who was willing to surname their kid as Shen. However, Granny Shen didn't mention a word to Shen Chi and Chen Xiao Cai after they got engaged, because she didn't want to show any disrespect towards Chen Xiao Cai.

A few years ago Chen Xiao Cai promised Granny Shen on her deathbed that he would give one of their kids the surname of Shen and the Shens could carry on the family lineage. Hearing that, Granny Shen died with satisfaction.

After Shen Chi gave birth to the second baby, Chen Xiao Cai planned to take Shen Chi and the two little ones back to Big Stone Village to pay respects to Granny Shen at her grave. But now it looked like they were going to have to postpone this plan.

"Chi, I'm sorry we need to postpone this plan. Maybe Lin Ge is going to receive Highness Cheng, I'm a little worried," Chen Xiao Cai said.

Shen Chi nodded and said, "That's all right, I'm worried as well. Plus Nian is still so little, I'm afraid this is not the best time for us to travel that far anyways, let's postpone the plan. Let's stay at home and try to help Lin Ge if Highness Cheng decides to stay with him."

Shen Chi then sighed with emotion, "I didn't expect a prince would come to a place like Sha County."

Chen Xiao Cai scratched his head and said mysteriously, "Lin Ge said this was because this prince was too hen-pecked."

Shen Chi blushed and said, "Cai, you are so funny, but you can't say this nonsense in front of other people! It would be troublesome if it reached the prince's ears."

Chen Xiao Cai smiled and said, "Don't worry, Chi, I'm just being silly in front of you."

Shen Chi blushed and nodded.

......

The villagers were very excited when they heard that the prince was coming to bring greetings and supplies to the soldiers. However, their enthusiasm had died down as days passed by.

After all, the prince's visit had nothing to do with the villagers.

Lu Lin waited for more than 30 days and finally here came His Royal Highness Cheng.

It turned out Highness Cheng had taken quite a few detours on the way for sightseeing, that was why he was way behind the schedule.

The prefectural magistrate showed up early that day to welcome Highness Cheng and his escorting team, but Highness Cheng didn't even bother to lift his sedan curtain to say hi to anyone.

Even the prefectural magistrate didn't get to meet Highness Cheng, let alone Lu Lin.

Lu Lin had been preparing for a long time and he was in a despondent mood when he realized that he didn't have to worry about anything now.

"We don't have to receive Highness Cheng, right? " Chen Xiao Mi asked.

Lu Lin nodded and said, "His Highness went to the camp directly. He turned down the prefectural magistrate's offer and he said he was here to deliver military supplies and he would love to stay with the soldiers to better know what the soldiers have gone through, even General Ji seems to be very surprised by that."

Chen Xiao Mi said suspiciously, "This prince is amazing!"

As the saying goes, It is easy to turn thrift into extravagance; it is difficult to turn extravagance into thrift. Chen Xiao Mi respected Highness Cheng for the willingness to try to know the soldiers' life better. Sometimes he would recall the hard days he and his brothers had gone through when they were younger, and he didn't have the confidence that he could survive days like that because he was so used to a comfortable life now.

"Yeah, I totally agree! For a prince who is swimming in luxury, that's very bold of him to choose to live under the same roof and eat at the same table with the soldiers," Lu Lin suddenly regard this hen-pecked prince with special respect.

......

A few days later, Ji Cheng Kang came to the county yamen a chubby man.

Although the man's outfit was simple in style, one could tell that it was made with a rare and expensive fabric. Ordinary people in Sha County couldn't afford that.

Ji Cheng Kang shot a warning glance at Lu Lin as soon as their eyes met, Lu Lin immediately guessed it must be Highness Cheng!

Ji Cheng Kang and the man entered the room and chatted with Lu Lin, it turned out Highness Cheng found life in the camp a bit rough, he asked Ji Cheng Kang to arrange a better accommodation for him.

Lu Lin readily offered to accommodate Highness Cheng, he offered the maid bedroom but Highness Cheng said a guest bedroom would be more than enough.

"General Ji, what's going on?"

Ji Cheng Kang frowned and said, "The prince is not used to living in the camp, and he doesn't want to go back to the capital city. Please take care of him for a few days, and don't tell anyone he is staying with you, he wants people to think he is still in the camp."

Lu Lin nodded and said, "Okay."

Lu Lin thought to himself, 'Poor Highness Cheng! I know how the military camp stench! I bet the soldiers were feeling uncomfortable staying with a prince!'

Lu Lin originally planned to ask Yun Niang to make some delicious food for Highness Cheng, but Highness Cheng had brought his own cooks. Lu Lin let out a sigh of relief when he saw that, it was a huge responsibility to be responsible for a prince's diet.

A few days later, Lu Lin heard the soldiers who volunteered to work at his winery talking about this prince, they all showered praise on how approachable this prince was!

Lu Lin snickered on hearing that.

Yes, Highness Cheng was very approachable, he would sleep till noon in the county yamen, and he would take a nap in the rocking chair after lunch.

Highness Cheng was very interested in Dash's rocking horse, but the rocking horse was a bit too small for an adult, so Highness Cheng had stifled the eagerness to sit on Dash's rocking horse.

Highness Cheng had brought a bird with him, he would play with the bird after nap, his life was so free and unfettered.

According to Ji Cheng Kang's request, Lu Lin only told the people in the Yamen this chubby old man was Highness Cheng's subordinate.

People in the county yamen wasn't that interested in Highness Cheng's subordinate, they just left him alone happily.

Highness Cheng had done nothing but eating, sleeping, napping, playing with birds since he came. Lu Lin couldn't help but exclaim in his heart that this Highness Cheng slept more than Yuan Bao and Dash combined.

"Big Brother, Big Brother, I'm coming," Chen Xiao Mai dashed into the house.

Highness Cheng, who was dozing off on the rocking chair, was woken up.

Chen Xiao Mi frowned, "Mai, how many times have I told you to keep quiet!"

"Oh, sorry, the guest is sleeping again?" Chen Xiao Mai lowered his head and murmured.

"Master, I'm sorry, my little brother is just being so reckless," Chen Xiao Mi said.

Highness Cheng smiled at Chen Xiao Mi, "It's okay."

Chen Xiao Mai tugged at Chen Xiao Mi's sleeves and said, "Big Brother, Big Brother, why don't you spend time with me these days?"

Chen Xiao Mi was afraid that Chen Xiao Mai would accidentally offend Highness Cheng, so he asked Chen Xiao Mai to stay in Chen Xiao Cai's house these days. Chen Xiao Mai, however, would always run back to the county yamen.

Chen Xiao Mi said helplessly, "Mai, I'm busy."

"Let's have hotpot, please, please," Chen Xiao Mai said.

Chen Xiao Mi said helplessly, "Go ask your second brother."

Chen Xiao Mai said sullenly, "Second Brother is working now."

"What is hotpot?" Highness Cheng asked curiously.

Chen Xiao Mai glanced at the chubby old man beside him and said with pride, "You don't even know what hotpot is?"

Chen Xiao Mi pinched Chen Xiao Mai and smiled embarrassedly, "Master, hotpot is a specialty here."

"Oh," Highness Cheng was so intrigued. At his age, he would love to try new food. "What kind of specialty is it?"

"It's prepared with a simmering pot of soup stock at the dining table, containing a variety of vegetables and meat," Chen Xiao Mai said.

Highness Cheng nodded with a smile.

Chen Xiao Mai shook Chen Xiao Mi's hand and said, "Brother, are you going with me?"

Highness Cheng smiled and said, "Master Chen, your little brother wants to have lunch with you, why not go with him? I'll invite myself and join you guys as well, hehe..."

Hearing that, Yuan Bao ran out like a duck. "Count me in, count me in!"

Chen Xiao Mi pressed his forehead and thought to himself, 'This is going to be great, Mai, Yuan Bao, Highness Cheng and I at the dining table together...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 25.5K 200
Author : Ye Yiluo Status: Complete Status in COO: 397 Chapters Rebirth of a wild child who was abandoned the family. Xiao Jingting, who had been play...
4.7K 78 13
1.000 years ago, Shirou lost the love of his life... Or did he really? What happens when the lover he thought he had lost comes back to him? A/n: So...
5.6M 443K 95
Sitting on the bed, I was waiting for my husband to arrive. It was our wedding Night. I rolled my toes as the visuals of him slowly touching my cheek...
408K 13.1K 55
Izuku Midoriya is an omega with a very unique quirk and an even rarer ability. Katsuski Bakugou is an Alpha with a very explosive personality and a...