My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

True Love

315 9 5
By MadeenahJunaid

“Sorry for the disturbance. I thought he was an intruder.” Kelvin apologized before going back to his seat.

Eliana squatted beside him.

“Are.. Are you alright?” She muttered calmly. Offering a hand to help, but he slapped her hand off aggressively.

Lilah went to meet Kelvin, asking him what had happened. He explained things to her, gulping down the last drop of shot in the tiny glass cup.

“You should have done better, Eliana! I’m highly disappointed in you!”

“What?” Her lips muttered, puzzled at his point.

“Why do you abort the pregnancy without informing me? Why do you do that and now you’re hooking up with another guy? Is that how you do it?” Jack recoiled in pain but got over it. Pulling against the wall to get up. Finally gaining stamina, bleeding and bruised.

“Don’t dare talk to me in that tune, okay? I treated you better. I saved your life the other day. Instead, you shot at me. Seeing it as fun... A magical beast, right? I didn’t even get a ‘thank you!’. After I told you I was pregnant and you knew, what did you do after then? Played a prank. You played a prank on me because I was a joke to you! Even when I asked you and pleaded for you to trust me and you didn't. You deserve more beatings!”

“But... Eliana.”

She faced him, closing her eyes.

“I love you... I wanted to tell you that.” A painful tear rolled down her left eye, and another followed. She sniffed it in, not to break down in front of him. A finger ran through her cheek, wiping off the tears, and she opened her eyes. Meeting him in a hateful glare. “And how do you know I aborted the pregnancy?”

“Your mum told me-”

She rushed to the table where Kelvin and Lilah were.

“It’s nice meeting you again, Kel. I’ll see you later!” Eliana dragged Lilah along with her. “Let’s go!”

“What’s happening?” Lilah jolted from her grip at once.

Jack interrupted. “Like the bloody human he is!”

“But why are you so mad?” Lilah asked, looking at the spot where Eliana held her. It was red. Her grip was tight.

Eliana ignored her question and barged out of the clubhouse.

“Eliana!” Jack, who was waiting outside, called after her. He held the bridge of his nose, moaning. Wanted to run, but leaped in pain.

“I said I love you. I trust you now.” He held back the tears. It made his red eyes redder.

“Well, I don’t! I don’t want to see you ever again, Jack! It’s over between us. Okay! You’ve hurt me so much and I’ve shed more tears, blood, and sweat than you can ever imagine! No wolf-blood should ever go through so much in the name of loving a human like you, but you made me go through those moments, alone!” she spat. Climbing into the driver’s seat and kicking the engines.

Lilah followed her, slipping on the seat belt.

“Please-” Jack pleaded, holding onto the side window. Tapping on it repeatedly as she winds down. He held onto it with tears washing down his eyes. Leaning to the door for support. “I was stunned and crazy. I didn’t know what to do. Let’s talk things out.”

“I never want to see you again, Jack! There’s no point in being with someone who doesn’t care. Someone as selfish and self-centered as you!” She kicked the car engines and revised back.

Jack dropped.

“What was that all about?” Lilah queried. Pissed, about how she acted at the club.

It was embarrassing.

“Talk to me, Elie!” Eliana didn’t mutter a single word, but with how hard she held the staring, one could tell how furious she was.

The car came to a halt after overtaking tons of cars. Lilah gazed through the window slightly opened window and realized that they were already at her apartment.

“I shouldn’t have gone out today.” Her shoving voice whispered in regret.

“It’s okay. Everything would be fine. Just calm down.”

“Good night, Lee.”

Lilah had a lot to say. She just buried it in her chest. “Good night, Elie. I will check on you tomorrow.”

She whooshed out a heavy breath through her mouth and stepped down from the white jeep.

Eliana turned her car in a quick swerve into the dark road. A screeching sound escapes the tires, blowing out Grey smoke from its exhaust pipe.

“Drive carefully,” Lilah muttered to herself, watching her friend’s car disappear down the dark road. She walked into her parents’ house and gently closed the door. It was dark and silent.

“Thank goodness.” Lilah heaved a breath of relief, locking the door from within.

“Where are you coming from, little cub?”

It frightened Eliana to the sound, rolling her eyes. She knew who it was before turning.

“A clubhouse.”

“With whom? Don’t tell me it’s another guy.” Benita knotted her slim eyebrows, standing at akimbo. In a white, flowing nightgown like a ghost, lurking in the darkness.

“It’s Eliana.” Lilah pointed out. Exhausted from her mum's interrogation.

“You need to be careful with that friend of yours. Why was she driving like that?”

Lilah turned upstairs with no reply.

“You would get married in six days. Be careful with everything, okay?” Benita warned.

“Bang!” She slammed her door and tiredly jumped to bed.

Eliana got home and packed her car in front of her apartment. Just then, she noticed his black Volkswagen beside the road.

An exasperated sigh escaped from her as she avoided the hysteria burning down her lungs. Eliana pulled out of her jeep and quietly locked it.

Jack dragged his feet, watching her.

“Eliana!”

He called and only the sound of the echoing silence replied to him. His shirt was unbuttoned, and it stained his white singlet with blood from the beating. Eliana didn’t care.

She proceeded to the door with focus and jammed the door to his face. She walked to her room. Took off her clothes in one grip and stepped into the bathtub. Eliana turned on the cold shower as the chilly water covered her entire body. Melting down the heat.

Ice moon,” Lilah said my destiny was an ice moon, but this feels the opposite. ‘What stupid readings. And stupid makeover!’

She bit the lower part of her lips in anger until it bled. The pain engulfed her, till she suddenly tore up into tears. ‘I hate him so much. Why would he disgrace me in front of everyone? After what he did. He deserves more beatings.’ Her body quivered in the cold shower, but deep down, she was still boiling.

Meanwhile, Maria was deep asleep. It was already 1:00 a.m. After crying and pondering for an hour in the bathtub, Lilah climbed onto her soft bed, hugging her comfy pillow. Her face was pink and swollen because of the tears. The world was stagnant and her eyes showed no emotion. She just cuddled herself under the thick blanket.

The sunbeam snuck through her window to kiss her fiery red cheeks. It took a moment for Eliana to remember where she was. On her bed, in her room. The horrible events of last night flooded into her memory as she pulled out of bed. Her throat was dry. She felt thirsty and climbed downstairs to grab a bottle of water. Maria was still in bed. She put on her shoes and unlocked the front door. She then pushed it and her eyes met someone sleeping in the corridor.

‘Who’s that?’ She pondered. 'Jack?'

“Jack!” she called, hoping to get a reply. She held onto the door. Unable to fathom why he didn’t go home last night. “What are you still doing here?”

Eliana asked, and he wiped off his eyes tiredly. He looked up at her and a tired yawn escaped his full, dry lips.

“I’m sorry. I messed up, I know. Just find a space in your heart to forgive me.”

Eliana rolled her eyes and him and squatted beside him. “You should leave. I don’t want my mum to see you here again. Not after the drama you caused last night.”

He said nothing to her. He just sat down there, staring. Eliana looked away and scoffed. Trying not to look back at him because of how awkward the moment felt.

“Let her hear. And I would cause more drama.”

“What?” she raised an eyebrow. "Are you still drunk?"

“You, Eliana. You make me realize how much I’m losing without you. Having a one-night stand with you was a blessing...” His nuclear voice stuttered, with his big black eyes dancing at hers and looking confused.

“Forget about the idea of getting back with me. It’s been over since last night. I moved on. I have a new boyfriend now so just leave-“

He released her lips and he caught them between his teeth before she realized what was happening.

“J-a-a-c-c-k!” Eliana stammered. Finding it hard to believe, he just kissed her. It worried her to hit him hard again after yesterday’s beating.

“You haven’t brushed.”

She stopped because she despised him so much. ‘He must still be drunk.’ she wondered, studying his eyes.

“You haven’t brushed too.” Jack wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

And she did. That was when Eliana realized he wasn’t drunk. And this wasn’t a dream, either.

Eliana closed her eyes, placing her lips against his. His soft, yet built hand crept up her spine, resting on her hip and behind her neck. His lips slightly parted hers.

Trembling.

And she obeyed.

Before Eliana knew it, she was groaning and brushing her soft lips against his. The fire in her heart melted, and it felt as if time had stopped for the both of them.

Eliana slowly brushed her fingers through his raven-black hair and wrapped her arms around his neck. She savored the metallic taste of blood and beer in his mouth, driving more wet kisses. Unable to resist the urge of the burning love and passion.

Jack almost couldn’t breathe as his roving hands swept up her hips. Eliana knew he wanted her back, but she didn’t think it would be this way.

Maria stretched out in her bedroom when she realized that the front door had cracked.

“What the heck?!” The door flung open, and they broke the kiss at once.

Faking a smile in their thickened breaths.

“Good... Good morning, Mum.” Eliana stuttered.

“How gross! You guys should go upstairs.” She hissed and banged on the door to their faces.

Eliana looked at his face and couldn’t help but blush. His eyes met her smile and he replied with a small smirk.

“Come in, I’ll treat your wound. Let’s go inside.” Eliana offered, pulling him inside. She even forgot what she was supposed to do and led him to her room.

He sat on the bed and she closed the door. Placing a first aid box between them.

"Guess what?"

"What?" He said, looking at her. More confused.

"I didn't abort the pregnancy. I also played a prank on you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 434 56
(Becomes an excerpt 6/4) Aliya craves every good, bad, and uncertain task that comes with becoming Noah's Luna, and, hopefully, a mother. But danger...
57 40 14
Book 2 of "A L T H E A | Werewolf" Terrible news strikes Evander and Althea once again. How do they cope this time? Mystery letters and the revelati...
1.3K 30 14
AN ARRANGEMENT, A CLAIM, A FATE. Diana Marchand knows that her father wanted her to be the future Luna by arranging a marriage to the future Alpha. B...
230K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...