My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

An Outing

263 7 0
By MadeenahJunaid

Lilah dressed Eliana in a beautiful light-azure coloured, bodycon dress with black high heels. The garment fitted her well, showing off her hourglass figure, and also comforting enough to enjoy the night. Eliana hung a crossbody bag with her phone, wallet, and ID in it.

Even though Lilah chooses the dress from her wardrobe for her, it’s still something she would have picked out. Lilah, too, dressed in a similar style. She jumped into a pastel-shade, flared pants, and a black leather crop top. With a soft millennial-pink clutch purse at hand. They piled their hair up in a fancy hairdo with pastel-coloured dangling earrings hanging at the sides of their ears.

“I’ll drive!” Lilah suggested.

It’s the first time driving Eliana’s white jeep. With music booming out of the speakers, the girls jumped into their seats. Driving onto the busy road.

After a few minutes, the vehicle came to a halt in front of the Stunner Club. It’s one of the biggest clubs in Florida, unlike Fox Club where Jack normally goes. Eliana was sure that she wouldn’t bump into him, here.

They arrived at the venue around 9:30 p.m. that evening. Rock music was blaring out of the two-story building. They built it with glass, like a box instead of bricks. With colorful flowers hanging around the place. Glancing through, Eliana’s eyes caught a dozen pretty girls in their teenage, mostly naked.

People were talking and giggling around. Some guys were burning sticks of cigarettes while others were drunk and still drinking. They filled the place up with tons of people and the atmosphere was busy as well. There was a disco light hung at the four corners of the ceiling and a huge hitting call in the middle of it.

“Ladies!” a masculine voice called from behind. They turned back at once. It was a guy seated on a tall stool by the bartender’s desk.

“Omg, Kel!” Eliana clutched a hand over her face in surprise.

A glance of recognition laced her eyes as she turned to him. It was a man around their age. He has a scruffy black beard meeting his curly hair. Lilah looked lost. He was a stranger to her.

“Kelvin Hunt! Is this you?” Eliana's eyes widened as she joyfully sprinted to give him a tight hug.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, and he held her slightly by the waist. Kelvin was built and tall. Eliana perceived the scent of his cologne and his natural aura of sandalwood reminded her of childhood memories.

“Where have you been all this while?” He gently pulled out of the hug at once, his eyes meeting with Lilah.

“Around! I should be the one asking you that. Anyway, meet my best friend, Lilah Wulfric. Lilah, this is Kelvin Hunt. My childhood friend.” Eliana introduced.

“Nice to meet you.” The rug-faced man with olive skin offered a handshake.

“Nice to meet you, too.” Her glittering eyes met the corner of his lips that gently lifted.

The wrinkles around his eyes showed he smiles a lot. Kelvin’s hand was a little cold from the wineglass in front of his, but his smile was warm. They shook hands briefly, and he offered the both of them a seat by the connubial facing the bartender’s table.

“You girls are looking splendid!” He remarked.

“Thank you. So, how’s business and all? How are you, your wife, and... Kids?” Eliana asked.

“Um... Truth is, there are no kids.” His smile slowly faded. “I lost my mate in a car accident a year after our wedding. She was heavily pregnant with our first child, but I lost both of them.” Kelvin explained in a flat tone, signaling the bartender to fill their cups.

“Aw... I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t know.”

“No problem. It’s been four years now. I’ve moved on.” he muttered, with a half smile on. “What about you? Anything interesting? The last I remembered, you dated Josh instead of me.”

“C’mon, you dated those anthropoids... Claire and Sandra, then! You had all the surrounding girls. Don’t blame me if I had eyes for Josh.”

Lilah noticed his hazelnut eyes staring at her outfit and smiled a little, but she said nothing. Eliana and Kelvin seemed to be close childhood friends.

“Excuse me.” Lilah cut into their conversation." I’d like to use the ladies. I’d be right back."

“Oh, Lee! Don't go.” Eliana whined like a child with pouted lips. She rolled her eyes, wondering if they were boring her already.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back in no time.” She beamed a smile at her. “Have fun.”

Lilah grabbed her purse, squeezing her way into the crowd. There were a couple of pole dancers in the middle of the club and some men, old enough to be their uncles and grandfathers, cheering them up.

However, Jack was worried. The man couldn't concentrate at work. Jack did not expect to have visited Lucian’s mansion with his uniform still on, but he did. He studied all about werewolves on the internet to know more. They were a hot-blooded animal and had a temper. He didn’t want to associate with such people, let alone get married to one. But she spared his life. She didn’t kill him when he tried to. That was something rare. Even humans would have reacted and attacked him at once. Why was she silent? He wanted to know.

Jack dialed her contact for hours, and she turned off her phone. They locked the house while he dropped by. He waited, determined to meet with her. Later, Maria came back from the shop. She remembered vividly, that he once dropped her daughter off with his black Volkswagen.

“Hello, Mrs.” He walked up to meet Maria.

“Nice to meet you. Is everything alright?” Maria asked, gazing at him from his Sheriff's hat to his boots. “How can I help you?”

“I need to see Eliana.” he blurted.

“Is everything alright?”

“How long will it take for her to get back?” Jack asked, tapping the nape of his neck. The thought sent a thrill through him.

“I’m not sure. She’s busy with her friend’s wedding preparations. She might be home late. Have you dialed her number?”

“Yes.” Jack's face scrunched in deep concentration

“Do you want to come in? Would you like to leave a message?” Maria asked, worried.

“No, I’ll just wait outside.” He smiled.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

He gently knocked on the front door.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

Maria, who was about to enter the kitchen, answered the door.

“Oh, you’re still around?”

Jack tilted his head in her direction, with his light-green Panama hat on.
“Yes... I just wanted to leave a message. I’ll check on her tomorrow.” He replied respectfully.

“You don’t look settled. How are you related to my daughter?”

“She’s my... Girlfriend?” His voice was relatively deep and a little hoarse.

“Do you know about her pregnancy?”

“Yes. She told me. I’m sorry that happened. I should have introduced myself earlier.”

“So you were the guy that impregnated my daughter. I wanted to meet you to ask you why. Why do you make Eliana go through so much when you knew, you weren’t ready? “

“What? I... I don’t understand you, ma’am.” he took a step closer.

“She didn’t want me to know, but I understand her reasons behind it. My daughter won’t even tell me about her day..."Maria sounded emotional, yet, furious at him. "She won’t tell me about the negativities in her life because she loves me so much. And you don’t even deserve her love.”

“I still don’t get you, ma’am.” Jack’s intense eyes swung to Maria.

“Eliana aborted the pregnancy. I eavesdropped on her conversation with her friend, to know. She does not know that I know but, yes. It’s been a week now.

“She what? Why?” He took a step back in astonishment, placing a hand over his mouth. Stunned at her words. “I don’t know... She didn’t tell me anything. Why would she... “

Jack tried explaining, but the words came as a stutter.

“Don’t ask me why. You think being a wolf-blood is any kind of curse or disease or so?” Maria aggressively cut into his words and rolled her eyes at him. From head to toe. “You should serve as a chief civilian law enforcement officer to the people. And what a shame it is, if you don’t know the people. You can’t keep peace with Eliana and you call her your girlfriend? There’s a lot you don’t know.” Maria paused a little, glaring at him with a hateful look." Just leave already!"

She banged on the door to his face.

Jack stood, dumbfounded. His expression was full of horror and confusion. The idea of when she said, ‘I love you, Jack... You don’t have to fear me.’ played on his mind. She stretched her hands towards his and he called her a beast.

And the disappointment that released from her face when she asked... ‘Is this what you want?’ struck him hard.

A solemn tear dropped from his chin. It surprised Jack to find tears in his eyes. Then he realized how much he had hurt her. And how much he’s hurt, too. Eliana deserved better. Jack walked back to his car, thinking of what next to do.

His mind was blank, his brain was an empty page. The more he thought about it, the more his heart sank. ‘How would I pay for this damage?’ Jack deepened his fingers into his side pocket and brought out his mobile phone.

He scrolled through the contract list as more tears washed down his face. He stared at her contact, realizing that he saved her contact with ‘Insane Stalker.’

His thumb pressed the call button, and an electronic ring distorted the chilly night silence.

‘Buzz-Buzz-Buzz!’ A vibrating noise followed.

Jack called her repeatedly, and there was no reply. Goodness knows where she is.

‘What if she does something dangerous to herself? I hope she isn’t suicidal.’ his right hand ran through his thick, black hair as he kicked on the car engine. Zooming into the empty road.

“So...” Kelvin uttered, getting her attention as she stared at Lilah walking away.

“So,” Eliana chuckled softly. “I heard you joined the U.S. Army. You must do great there. What brings you to Florida?”

“Yes, sure. I am on a short-term military leave. I visited my uncle. You know, he’s the only one left for me. I needed more fun, you know... So I dropped by. Luckily for me to bump into you again.” Kelvin laughed and she returned it, gulping down a cup of shot.

Just then, she felt a man’s eyes on her from behind. He had a familiar scent and sat in the back seat, amidst other weird-looking guys on a comfortable armchair with a wide, oversized design profile. Her skin pickled as if his stare were sharp needles piercing her skin.

“You’re looking good. I heard you broke up with Josh. So... Are you in a relationship?” Kelvin raised.

“No, not yet,” Eliana said proudly. She focused on her drink, facing Kelvin.

“Outstanding, then we can spend more time together as friends.” He smirked, placing a hand on hers.

Eliana returned it with a tight-lipped smile. Just then, she realized Kelvin had dyed his blonde hair black, and it fitted him perfectly. He was looking more charming than before.

“Sure,” Eliana answered. “I need that.”

Jack heard her chuckle but ignored her. He pulled out a smoking pipe from his flannel pocket, placing it in his mouth. She recognized him. She knew he was the one but paid no attention.

‘Why is he here dressed in his uniform? How long has he been staring? Is that guy mentally ill or something?’ Eliana mentally hissed at the thought.

“Welcome, boss.” A lankly-looking bartender smiled, placing a mug of beer in front of Jack. Gently filling it to the brim on a wooden table.

Eliana rolled her eyes in his direction. She was sure he could see her clearly because of the lights.

“Do you know him?” Kelvin asked without turning back. He noticed her unsettled eyes gazing back and forth.

“No, not at all.” She lied, quickly diverting her dark eyes. “I wonder why he’s looking. How embarrassing.”

Kelvin blushed, pulling closer.

“You look stunning, Elie. Prettier than I last remembered.” His thick voice whispered behind her ears and she giggled softly. Placing a hand over her cherry-red lips.

“I have something for you.” Eliana scrolled through her phone gallery while he stared at her anxiously. She showed Kelvin an old picture she’d saved.

“Oh, my! You still have this?” He said, blushing.

“There are others on my Facebook page. Would you like to see them?”

Jack felt her gaze and smirked. Bestowing a bracing smile at both of them. In annoyance, he grunted and examined the tips of his boots.

Unsettled.

A cloud of smoke hovered where he sat while he watched Kelvin collect Eliana’s phone. Scrolling through it with amazement.

“Just look at this.” She pointed, and he placed a hand against her exposed thigh.

Jack’s eyes widened, frozen in the seats. His eyebrows pulled together and suddenly seemed upset. He smelled like diesel and fire smoke. Eliana couldn’t imagine how much he must have sucked on his pipe today.

Eliana could hear his racing heartbeats amidst the blaring rock music. She chuckled excitedly, paying Kelvin more attention.

Jack took quick steps towards them and the second she blinked her eyes, he was standing between the both of them. Eliana’s life flashed before her eyes as Jack made his way to where they sat.

“How dare you cheat on me with this... Idiot?!” He said forcefully, pulling Kelvin’s hand away from her thigh.

“Do I know you?!” Eliana’s voice shook. Gluing her to the spot, freezing her.

Kelvin glared at him from his hat to his boots. Noticing his quality tan-brown khaki. “What do you want... Sheriff? This isn’t a place to be dressed like-“

Jack wanted to give Kelvin a thick blow, but a heavy force pushed him against the wall with a thud. Having no idea about Kelvin being a wolf-blood.

“Ugh!” He pulled up, groaning in pain.

Kelvin puffed out his chest and the pole dancers stopped dancing. Eliana came out of the ladies, surprised at what was happening.

Kelvin seized Jack up with one hand, hitting him hard from under the jaw. “Who the heck are you? A fake Sheriff?!”

He coughed. Choking on the dust in the air a drop of sweat tickled from his forehead.

Jack's hands swung to the back. He tried to reach for his gun from his side belt, but it wasn’t even there. A breath of frustration heaved out of his boiling chest. “Who the heck are you to ask me such a stupid question?”

Kelvin aimed for his nose and his fist connected, hitting him hard. Blood splattered on the ground.

“Kelvin, no! Don’t hurt him!” Eliana yelled, trying to step between the both of them.

Kelvin slammed his hand into Jack’s ribs, and he winced. The pain rippled across his chest repeatedly. Making him cough out another ounce of blood.

“N-n-o-ooo’ Eliana stammered. Two-letter words have never been so difficult to say. “No, Kel! He’s a friend!”

Kelvin curled his hand into a fist, ready to give another hit blow. He aimed for the front jaw but halted.

“Really?”

Eliana hurried closer. “Yes, just leave him already.” Her panting voice came as a plea.

“Oh... I had no idea.” Jack grabbed his head. His fingers dug into his scalp, lifting him until he was dangling on the tips of his toes. “Get up!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 8.1K 6
They say that Alpha-blood pups born under a full moon are destined for greatness. That males born will have all the strength the goddess can bestow...
5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...
2.3M 62.6K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
1M 36.8K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...