Carolina- OUTER BANKS

By EGvamp24

Olivia Bradley, John B's cousin lives the best of both worlds being a Pogue and a Kook. Living on Figure Eigh... More

Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57
Ch. 58

Ch. 1

296 2 0
By EGvamp24

John B

All right. Figure Eight, the rich side of the island.

Home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't live.

Well, except my cousin who lives with her mom who is my dad's sister, and with her siblings.

And then, the south side or the cut.

Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters.

The natural habitat of... drumroll, please...

...the Pogues.

Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish.

Lowest member of the food chain...

Okay. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected.

But the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

And that's my Cousin Olivia, Liv, or Livy. She's a Kook and a Pogue but she seems to make it out alright, she spends her days either hanging with us or her Kook friends houses who we never get along with. But she did spend a whole year at this fancy boarding school which we heard so much but yet she hasn't shown us anything about it.

There's also my twin cousins, Robbie and Julian, and my youngest cousin Frankie. The best kids out here on OBX.

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water.

Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat. Oh and has had the biggest crush on my cousin ever since he's met her.

And that's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her.

When not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us.

I'm not really sure why, though.

So, she's a rich kid, actually.

Foot in both worlds like my cousin.

Kie's family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists.

You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us.

We all have a thing for her.

And that's Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship.

And the smartest person I know besides Olivia, she's super smart but she doesn't need a scholarship to get into any college.

Popes a Little bit of a weirdo.

His father's this legendary character, Heyward.

Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

So that's my crew.

And that's me, John Booker Routledge.

And this is where I live.

An old fish shack on the marsh. The Château, as my dad used to call it.

There's Dad.

He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck.

Who disappears at sea these days?

I miss him.

And then there's Mom. She split when I was three.

Last I heard, she was in Colorado. I think it was Colorado.

And Uncle T.

Since Dad's vanished, he's supposedly my legal guardian.

At the moment, he's in Mississippi, building houses...

...which means it's just me right now, on my own, hangin' out with my friends.

Three months after my dad was missing, he was officially presumed dead.

I refused to sign the papers.

Until I see a body, I'm not giving up.

But there's Aunt Madilyn, she's married to Chris Bradley, a Kook who owns basically half of Tannyhill with the Cameron's. He's one of the only Kook's me and my friends actually stand.

Aunt Madi also has cancer, so she spends her time cherishing her family, making sure I don't get into trouble and baking for the Pogues.

.

.

.

.

.

"John, it's come to our attention that you are an unemancipated minor living on your own." "No... No. No." I muttered over and over again and the social worker sighed "I need honesty to help you. That's what we want, right?" She asked and I rolled eye eyes "Yeah." "I'm being honest. Okay, then when is the last time you spoke to your uncle?" she asked me and I looked at my imaginary watch and smiled "Uh... 34 minutes ago." "When's the last time you saw him?" She questioned and I narrowed my eyes and looked at my wrist again. "Two hours and... 43 minutes ago?" I told her and she sighed "John, we're gonna come out there tomorrow to talk to your uncle. If he's not there, we're gonna move forward with foster care. I want to assure you, even though with your aunt being sick and them not having enough room we're gonna find you a safe and loving home." She told me and I sighed then looked out the window.

They actually thought I was gonna be happy to hear that, I'd rather stay cramped up in a house in kooklandia then that.

And that's where this story starts. My dad missing, my uncle MIA, my aunt dying and the Bride of Frankenstein threatening foster care.

I don't own any storyline besides Olivia and her family. Please like and comment, don't be a silent reader... anyways this is my OBX story, Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 235 11
❝ rule number five: never be seen with a pogue ❞ The war between pogues and kooks continues to rage as a storm of emotion brews between sides, puttin...
575K 11.3K 68
𝘈𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤...
33.1K 865 28
▌𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 John B's Kook half-sister realizes that her lifelong best friend is everything she's ever wanted, and everything she can never have...
6.9K 212 12
୨⎯ "𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀. 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿, 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿�...