♡Cubic X Reader♡ [[OLD]]

By ElectroCatXD

So uh... here is my first book. It's probably not gonna be the best, but I hope you enjoy! More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter one, Newcomers
Chapter Two, Moonlight
Chapter Three, Safe Room
Chapter Four, Cornered
Chapter Five, Distance
Chapter Six, Trust
Chapter Seven, Missing
Chapter Eight, Snowfall
Chapter Nine, Bandages
Chapter Ten, Heavy Dreams
Chapter Eleven, Healing
Chapter Twelve, Similar Feelings
Chapter Thirteen, Secrets Revealed
Chapter Fourteen, Storm On The Horizon
Chapter Fifteen, Indescribable
Chapter Sixteen, Broken Branches
Chapter Seventeen, Black Opaline Eyes
Chapter Eighteen, Memories
Chapter Nineteen, Familiar Voices
Chapter Twenty, New Understandings
Chapter Twenty One, Escape
2nd A/N (12/17/23)
3rd and final A/N (1/2/24)

Chapter Twenty Two, Outrunning Time

372 13 6
By ElectroCatXD

☆TW - Death, Violence. -☆

I bolted down the hallways, every step I took faster than before. I gripped the beam as I ran, trying to keep it far from the floor. I blindly turned a corner, running past the empty rooms. I couldn't worry, not now.

He needed me.

I continued down the hallways, turning left and right, trying to find anything that could lead me to him.

Then, something caught my eye.

A window.

I slowed down, my run turned to a small jog, then, I stopped.

I stared out, a large bridge hung above a canyon. It connected to the building I was in, it seemed pretty close.

It seemed like a good idea to explore.

I might find something there to help me find him.

I hope so.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts, looking down the hallway towards the direction of the bridge. I wasn't sure how close it was, but it looked close enough. I took a few cautious steps forward, trying my best to be silent. I quietly turned a corner, looking down the hallway. The doors were open like all of the other ones, however in one of the rooms, a light shone through the doorway.

The sounds of whispering emanated from that room, two corrupts saying something to each other.

I gripped the beam tightly, ready for a fight.

I stepped towards the door, peeking in. Two corrupts spoke to one another, neither of them noticed me.

I drew in a breath, panic in the back of my mind. I slowly crept past the door, trying not to be seen.

I couldn't let them. Not now.

I was too close.

I looked ahead of me, the sounds of footsteps coming from one of the hallways slowly became more distinct, growing louder as they approached.

A figure soon turned the corner, nearly seeing me.

I darted to my side, rushing into a small, darkened room. I curled up beside the door, keeping myself covered in shadows. The sounds of footsteps grew, quickly coming closer. I held my breath, trying to stay silent. My hand gripped the beam tightly, worry burning itself deep in my brain. The figure stepped closer and closer, all until they stopped at the door. My eyes adjusted to the dark, making them much more visible.

It was a kid.

I slowly let go of the beam, calming down slightly.

The kid looked around the room, taking a step in. They looked right at me, somehow not even noticing me. They took a few more glances around the room before turning around, leaving just as quickly as they came.

I heard their footsteps echo away from me, becoming fainter and fainter. I breathed a sigh of relief, keeping myself tucked away in the darkness.

I waited to hear them fully leave, but they didn't.

Instead, they stopped at the glowing door.

"Brother," the younger one spoke, "Do you think that Cubic has been fixed yet?"

"No," They sighed, "The doctor has much more pressing issues to work out right now." I could hear them shift in place, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I just thought that if he was, I could be the one to teach him what the word love meant. Maybe even get ahead of my peers in ranking." They spoke, their happiness brushing their words.

I froze.

I felt my heart sink, their words setting in.

I moved slightly to look out of the doorway, trying to stay hidden.

A figure stepped past me.

C/F/N.

They walked right past, a smile on their face.

Panic set in as they walked away,

They were going to find out.

I had to move.

I watched them as they walked away, turning a corner at the far end of the hallway, their short footsteps trailed off. I picked the beam up, pulling it over my shoulder, holding it much more comfortably. I stood up, slipping out of the room silently.

I began to run as fast as I could, trying to get to the bridge.

I turned a corner, my shoes sliding on the tile floor.

I stuck to the shadows as I kept moving forward, keeping myself hidden from anyone or anything that may approach.

I turned another corner, the hallway much shorter this time.

A door sat in the middle of it, leading outside.

It had to be it.

I quickly rushed over to it, trying to get there as quickly as possible.

I felt something slide right underneath my legs, tripping me. I crashed into a wall, my body sliding down painfully.

I opened my eyes, looking at the door, and the figure standing right in front of it. A grin plastered on their face.

"Oh you poor kid," they smiled sadistically, "we both know C/F/N won't be happy about this."

I tried to pull myself up, pain shooting through my body. I glanced at the beam, it laying on the ground. My eyes darted to the star, the corrupt holding it, ready to call someone.

I felt my heart sink,

I couldn't stop if I even wanted to.

I darted for the beam, gripping it tightly as I rushed the doorman. I clung to them, trying to stab them with my makeshift weapon wherever I could.

They tossed me aside, a smile forming on their face. I stood up, standing my ground.

"You know, you're probably too late if you're thinking of saving that poor boy." Their toothy grin widened, "Maybe you should just give up, he'd want you to be at peace."

I felt the world slow, my mind feeling strangely numb as their words sank in.

I was too late.

A tear rolled down my face at the thought. The thought of them hurting him, the thought of not being able to even say goodbye.

Before I knew it, everything turned into a blur of hatred.

I darted at them, attacking them with no regard.

They fought back, trying to defend themself. I hit them hard, causing them to stumble backwards as they tried to reach for their weapon.

I rushed at them, beam in hand, everything felt as if it was falling apart.

Then, I stopped, a strange cracking sound, the sounds of electricity followed.

I slowly realized what I had done.

The beam stabbed through the star on their chest.

They had a petrified look on their face as they slowly turned gray, their body losing all color and life to it.

I slowly pulled the beam out of their chest. Their body turned gray from the puncture site.

They fell to the ground with a nasty thud.

Pink blood pooled around the figure and I, spreading across the floor quickly.

I didn't know what to feel.

I looked to the door, its shiny rims now stained in glistening blood.

I really had no choice did I?

Did I?

I looked back to the body, regret almost rearing its ugly head.

The alarm sounded around me, causing me to jump. Its pink lights flashed as it blared. I looked around, the sounds of Corrupts rushing around, searching filled me with fear.

I rushed towards the door panel, aiming my makeshift weapon at it.

I stabbed the panel, jamming the beam inside of it. Its screen glitched as the door opened, letting me escape.

I ran faster than I thought I could.

I rushed down the bridge, the wind kicking up around me. I ran, trying to keep my balance. I quickly made my way up to the door. Looking to the control panel.

It was a simple puzzle.

I touched the panel, completing the puzzle and unlocking the door. It opened silently, letting me in. I pulled myself into the room, summoning my weapons.

Blood dripped from my wounds as they reopened.

I felt none of it.

I looked at the workers, sitting at the front desk. They didn't seem to notice me as I took steps inside, weapons ready for a fight.

As I stepped into the light of the room, they both looked at me, freezing in place. Fear marked both of their faces.

One of them stared, "Y-You're here for C-Cubic, right?" They asked, fear in their voice.

I nodded, "Yeah. Where is he?"

They looked to one another, the other one beside them nodding to them. The corrupt looked back at me, "P-Please don't kill us, we're just lowly workers. We didn't do-"

"If you don't tell me where he is, I promise you I won't hesitate doing anything harsh." I looked away, "just ask the doorman..."

They both froze, "H-Hes down the corridor, room 16-" they spoke, their voice shaky. "P-Please don't hurt us, please-" they shut their eyes, tears pricking at them.

It was almost too much for me to bear.

What was I turning into?

I nodded, running down that direction.

I had to find him.

I rushed down the hallway, passing number after number. Every room was dark and dingy inside, like they hadn't been used in some time.

I tried to stop myself, sliding slightly on the tile floor. I got my bearings, going up to the door.

16.

I reached for the handle, my weapons still ready.

I knew this could end bad.

I quietly opened the door, staring into the darkness room. A large window sat in front of a desk, a corrupt sitting at it, being illuminated by the computer in front of her.

I stepped inside silently, weapons aimed at the corrupt. She didn't notice me, her focus more on her work.

I slowly approached, ready for a fight.

She seemed to freeze, looking slightly behind herself.

Then, she fully looked at me

She stood up, moving out of her desk. An emotionless look plastered her face, her eyes staring into mine.

She fixed her glasses, pushing them up her face slightly.

Then, she launched at me, diving for my torso.

She managed to throw me to the ground, pinning me to the floor.

I stabbed my weapons into her back, giving me room to kick her off of me, throwing her back a bit.

I stood up, my mind racing. Every thought I had was so clouded with anger, I couldn't even make sense of it myself.

I took a step towards her, weapon in hand.

My mind slowly became a blur, everything blending together as I readied myself to attack her.

I pulled myself back, trying to regain some clarity.

Anything.

I looked to my side, the glowing window illuminating the two of us.

That's when I noticed what was on the other side.

Him.

Tears pricked behind my eyes, my thoughts becoming much clearer than before. I took a step towards the glass, staring at him.

He sat, curled in the back of the room. He didn't move, even when I knocked on the window.

I glanced to my right, the monitor still glowing brightly in the room. A small mic sat in front of it, a button on its side. I picked it up, bringing it close to my face. I pressed the button, the sound of the intercom turning on made me flinch.

"C-Cubic?" I called out, "D-Do you remember-"

"Y/N?" He perked up, tears in his eyes.

"H-Hold on!" I shouted happily, "I-I'll find a way to get you out of there!"

He pulled himself up, motivation In his eyes. He attacked the door, calling out from behind it. I ran over to the door, looking at the control panel.

I rushed over to it, holding one of my weapons tight.

I threw myself at it, slamming my weapon in it like I had done before.

It glitched as I did that, the feeling of electricity running through my body hurt, the door opened quickly.

I pulled myself away, my weapons disappearing as I rushed over to him. I helped him up as he pulled himself up off of the ground.

I hugged him tightly.

Finally.

I felt tears drip down my face, all of the worry in my heart melting away in his warm touch.

He pulled me away, looking me in the eyes.

"A-are you hurt?" He managed to ask.

"I'm more worried about you." I whispered, "I really though they- that you were-"

"Shhh, its okay." He hugged me tightly, "I'm just a little scratched up, that's all."

I hugged back tighter, "I'm so happy they didn't-"

We both froze, laughter echoing through the room. We turned towards the door, a figure standing there, arms crossed.

"Will you two ever finish?" C/F/N asked, "Or do I have to make you?"

I froze as they rushed me, throwing me back against the ground. I quickly backed away from them as they slowly approached, soon hitting against the wall.

They stepped closer, gripping their daggers tightly, "You know, you really should've been more careful." They smiled, getting closer, "Your trail led me right to you, Y/N."

Cubic rushed them, throwing them away from me. He held them off as I stood up, my legs shaky from fear. I held my weapon close, an opening in the twos fight letting me attack.

They dodged it.

I slid against the ground, now side by side with Cubic. We faced C/F/N, a Cheshire grin forming on their face.

"Now doesn't this feel familiar, Y/N?" They asked, right before launching at Cubic.

They held their daggers against his sawblades, trying to get to his star.

I felt rage burn inside me.

"This is familiar for me, Y/N." They pushed their daggers harder against his sawblades, "Maybe We should show your little boyfriend exactly what you did." They grinned, the sawblades cracking slightly.

His sawblades broke, their forms shattering into shards as he tried to back away quickly. C/F/N dove at him, their weapons disappearing quickly as they grabbed him by the face, slamming him into the wall.

The concrete cracked behind him, blood pooling from the spot he was in.

I rushed over, trying to pull them off of him. They shook me off, throwing me backwards. I gripped my weapons tightly as they continued to press him against the wall, the cracking sounds growing in intensity.

I darted towards them, swinging my weapons, managing to slice open their shoulder. They dropped Cubic, now turning their attention to me. Their Cheshire grin painted their face, blood stained their body. They began to take steps towards me, their grin widening.

I backed up, my hand clutching my weapon tightly, fear in my eyes.

Cubic slid down the wall, a painful sound came from his body, broken and hurt, more than I could help.

I just had to hold out hope that somehow, someway, I could escape with him.

"What the hell are you even talking about?!" I shouted, "Do you really think I know-"

"Oh, Y/N." They began, "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't lie." They grinned,

I took careful steps back, tears in my eyes.

They rushed at me, quickly shoving me to the ground.

I laid there as they held me tightly, their dagger aimed right at my chest. I tried to struggle, not being able to even get out.

It felt hopeless.

"Once you let me help you, maybe we can end all of this nonsense." They growled, a grin on their face, "We can even laugh about it at the end of day, Y/N."

"I would never let you." I shouted, "If you think that I'll just let you 'help' me, you'd be wrong." I glared, anger in my eyes.

"Oh, I wasn't asking you to let me, Y/N." They raised their dagger, a grin growing on their face. "This was never your decision.-"

They were cut off, thrown off of me by a large spinning cog.

Cubic stood there, holding his wounds, anger burnt into his eyes. He looked at me, a worried look plastered on his face. He rushed over to me as the building shook violently, the gear crashing into the wall, taking C/F/N with it. He grabbed my hand tightly, pulling me up with him. I ran beside him as the walls slowly fell apart around us, the two of us rushing to get out of there.

We had to.

We darted through the collapsing hallways, the floor cracking underneath the two of us. Rooms fell apart as we passed them.

The two of us soon reached the open door, its frame bent at odd angles from falling debris. We rushed out onto the bridge, its foundation crumbling as we ran. The ground cracked underneath us, making us go faster, getting halfway across.

I froze, a familiar voice calling out.

Calling out for C/Y/N.

I quickly jolted around, looking behind myself, "Y/N! We have to go!" Cubic called out, trying to pull me away.

I stood my ground, my eyes staring at the approaching figure. C/F/N stepped out from the collapsing building, blood dripping from their head into their eyes, making them have a bright pink tint to them. They looked up at me, their laughter echoing amongst the rubble.

"C-C/Y/N..." they weakly called out, "I-I know you can still hear me." They grinned, a shiver going up my spine as they spoke. "You can run Y/N, but you can escape what's a part of you, and you know that." They stared at me.

"Y/N... please..." Cubic whispered beside me, tugging on my hand gently.

I didn't know why, but I felt petrified.

I stared ahead as they approached.

"You've trapped yourself." They laughed, malevolence in their words, "You're trapped with the corruption inside you, Y/N." They approached weakly, "You won't even let me save you."

They took a few wary steps across the bridge, cracks forming underneath them.

"That's all I wanted to do, Y/N!" They grinned, "I just wanted to save you from that pain."

I backed up, fear filling my core. They continued to approach me slowly, taking cautious steps themself.

"The corruption will follow you, Y/N. It will be a part of your life until you let me save you." They grinned, reaching a hand out to me, "It's not too late, Y/N."

"Y/N," Cubic looked at me, "Don't listen to them, we both know what they're trying to do!"

They took steps closer, their grin widening as they reached their hand out to me.

"What do you say, Friend?"

I held my weapons tightly, snapping myself out of the trance they held me in. I backed away from them defensively, holding my weapon closer. Their smile dropped, a sigh slipping out of their lips.

I looked behind them at the building, its foundation cracking fully, almost ready to topple.

"And here I thought you came to your senses, Y/N." They spoke, their voice overshadowed by the sounds of crumbling.

I froze, the ground shaking as the building behind them came crashing down right in front of me.

I felt myself get pulled out of the way, Cubic holding me close as the building crashed down on C/F/N, destroying half of the bridge.

Silence filled the air as I desperately caught my breath, looking at Cubic. Dust settled around the two of us as we sat there in an embrace. I pulled myself out of the hug, looking over the edge of the broken bridge. The river just began to settle as the broken parts of the building and C/F/N crashed into it. I blinked a few times, trying to fully comprehend what had happened.

I didn't know what to feel.

So many emotions rushed through me, none of them really made sense.

A part of me felt... bad.

A part of me wanted to scream and cry, save my old best friend.

Even though I knew that it wasn't really them anymore.

"Hey," Cubic gently grabbed my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts, "We- We should probably go." He looked away, still holding my hand.

"R-Right." I whispered, pulling myself up off of the ground.

I stood shakily, the two of us going down the rest of the bridge. I held his hand tightly, trying to keep him close.

I felt lighter as we ran across what remains of the bridge, its cracked exterior extending across it.

We got to the other side, stopping at the side. We both looked down at the grass below the end of the bridge. Cubic jumped first, landing on the soft pink grass underneath the two of us. I jumped beside him, landing with a thud.

He reached out his hand to me, helping me up from my fall.

I looked at him, a small, comforting smile on his face. I took one last glance behind myself, looking at the rubble and destroyed building, the wind blowing against me softly. A tear rolled down my face as I stared, the realization of everything finally hitting me.

He was safe now.

We were safe now.

I turned again, hugging him tightly. Cubic froze, hugging back softly. His hands rubbed against my back as he whispered hushed words to me, trying to comfort me.

I didn't want to let him go.

I didn't want to leave this moment.

I looked at him, a sigh slipping through his lips as he looked away from me, glancing around for a second before his eyes rested back on me, a nervous look on his face.

"Y/N?" He asked, worried.

"Y-Yeah?"

He took in a deep breath, "I-Is it true what they told me? That you- that you love me?" He asked, worry in his voice.

I froze, my face heating up slightly "O-Oh, well I- uh-"

He held my face up by my chin, pressing his lips to mine. He pulled away softly, my face tinted a deeper color than before.

"I-I think I finally know how I feel... about you..." he looked away, a smile on his face.

I laughed a bit, joy glowing inside me. I hugged him tightly, pressing myself deep into his chest. Small tears peeked from the corners of my eyes.

"I-I do. I love you more than you think." I held on tighter, smiling.

We didn't let go for some time, holding each other in a warm embrace. I pulled away, looking into his dark opal eyes, his face a much deeper shade than it was before. His tear mark disappeared, replaced now with a calm look on his face.

I grabbed his hand, holding it as we stepped through the woods. The ground was damp from the melted snow, spring finally showing itself again. The trees sparkled in the remaining light, the sun setting.

Neither of us knew where to go, lost in the woods.

I knew that wherever I was going to go, I wanted him beside me.

It would be okay as long as we had eachother. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 353 17
You are Y/n. This is my first fanfic. I hope you like it!!! Please comment and tell me what you think!
603 68 29
This is my 1st story so don't judge me
44.6K 1.1K 27
Ok, so this is my first piece and I really hope you guys like it. The first few chapters aren't amazing, but it gets pretty good in my opinion. Thank...
37.3K 924 25
This is my first work so be nice plz