Chapter Three, Safe Room

☆A/N : Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long on this one... I hope you like it anyways!☆

The corrupted cube held his weapon to my back, still digging it into my skin. I timidly walked down the hallway, my breath hung heavy in the air as I stepped, going towards the safest place I could think of. Soon, it came into view, a large metallic door outlined by its shine and glow at the right of the hallway. Please work... All I could do was pray that this plan wouldn't be a bust, that I would remain myself for a little bit longer. Hell, I don't even know how strong this shape is, he might be able to escape the room and find me....

I kept walking, stopping at the metal door. The saw blade was still digging into me. He stared, pretty confused.

"Why are we stopping?" He tilted his head, fluffy hair falling to one side.

"H-he went in there..." I pointed at the door, still shaking a little.

"Are you serious?" He stared, not really believing what he was hearing.

"Y-yeah! Maybe if you take a closer look you'll believe me." I stared back at him, silently.

The cube sighed, "fine... but if you're lying, you already know what's gonna happen to you..." he grinned, opening the giant metal door. His sawblades disappeared as he grabbed the door's frame, trying his best to see in the dark abyss.

I took in a deep breath, readying myself. Then, right as he was about to turn around, I gave him a quick shove, pushing him inside. The cube hit the ground hard, looking up at me confused. He tried rushing the door, but it was already closed and locked by the time he got to it. I fell to the ground, breathing heavily as the cube banged against the giant door.

He kept banging on the door, trying to find his way out. I collapsed onto the ground, tears pricking at my eyes. He continued trying to escape as I layed there. After a few minutes of laying there, the yelling started. I couldn't make out a lot of what he was saying. I pushed myself up off of the cold ground, now sitting. I turned, staring at the door. It seemed to be holding up against him pretty well. I could hear him trying everything, his saws, every attack, but it was all in vain. I pulled myself up, shaking a little.

I started walking fast down the hallway. If he manages to get out, it's only a matter of time. I started running, ascending the stairs, tripping every 4th or 5th step. I soon managed to reach the top, falling face first on the ground.

I tried getting up, feeling a weight on my shoulder. I looked up at my boss, a concerned look in his eyes.

"You okay, kiddo?" He stared. I hugged him in response, trying not to cry.

He tried to comfort me. He stared, a smile on his face. "Do you wanna talk about what's bothering you?" He asked.

I started trying to explain what just happened. As I told him, he just got more and more concerned until he decided to say something. "Are you gonna tell the caretakers about what happened?"

"I-I don't know..." I looked down. He just sighed and smiled. "I'll come with you if it'll make you feel any better."

"Thanks..." I mumbled. He just happily smiled before helping me up. We started going down the hallway, the empty glow of the rooms, the mix of large and small doors housing every kind of guest. It was nice alone. We both soon came across an open door. It looked like it was torn to shreds. He stared for a second before moving on. We kept going until we found one of the other doors. He knocked, and before long the door opened. The purple one stared back, a worried look in his eyes as his girlfriend sat on his bed, somewhat afraid. My boss stepped in front of me.

"Can we talk about something?" My boss smiled, the purple one nodded.

As my boss ducked to enter the room, he looked back at me, probably wanting me to stay there. I could hear a few things they were saying behind the door, mainly a recap of what I just told him and how the two of them knew. I sat there outside the door, pulling out my phone. A text from my brother.

'Yo you coming back home?? Moms worried'

I started texting back, telling him that something came up and that I'll be home pretty soon. I stared for a second, trying to calm myself down. They kept murmuring behind the door, but after a while it went silent. Then, I could hear someone walking up to the door.

I sat there as the door clicked open. Soon, the purple one came up to me, introducing himself as Iris. I stared as he sat down next to me.

"So, you were going home and got confronted by Cubic, and you tricked him into going into a closet which you locked?"

"Well, not really a closet..." I said, looking at Iris "More like a safe-room I guess." I looked down.

"You're pretty lucky." Iris stared at me, I just tilted my head. How?

He sighed, seeing my confusion. "Do you know how dangerous that guy is? He's already corrupted multiple shapes." He said, a solemn look on his face. I just stared, looking down.

"Excuse me! Could we know where you trapped him?" A voice called from behind me. I looked over at the yellow one, soon learning her name as well. I agreed. I stood up, still a little shaken up by everything. I started walking down the empty hallway, hearing the faint footsteps behind me. One of them seemed to stop once we were right by the stairs and one of the larger doors.

"Y/N, I'm going to talk to the last caretaker about the situation. You can go on ahead." My boss whisper-shouted at me from a little ways away. I just nodded in response, leading the way.

I soon got downstairs, making my way to the lobby, then, to the safe room. We walked down the dark hallways, the bright, shiny metal door illuminated by moonlight. I soon heard another set of footsteps. I turned around, staring up at this monster. I stared for a second before smiling at him. After getting to know everyone, I led them right to the door. Its metallic glow shone deeply.

"This is where he is..." I said, keeping my voice low enough so the corrupted wouldn't hear me.

"I don't think letting him out would be a good idea." I whispered, "He seems pretty violent, he might lash out if we open the door..." I looked down.

"What are you trying to propose?" Pyrare asked, staring down at me.

I looked at the door, then back at all of them "Maybe we should keep him in there while he cools down? Wait for him to give up then open the door?"

We kept discussing it for a while, until they made up their minds of course. We eventually agreed to keep him there... I do feel bad, but what if he kills me? I don't feel like dying today. The caretakers started going back upstairs. I looked back at the door. Starting to stare into oblivion again, thankfully being snapped out of it by my boss, tapping my shoulder.

"You should probably start heading home, kiddo. It's getting pretty late." He smiled. I nodded. I went towards the main doors in the lobby, turning around and waving at my boss. He waved back as I left.