Fools in Love

By bert3005

[Third book in the Fools series] *Read Fools then Fools Fall before reading this book* Noah Wright is going i... More

Cast
Author's Note/Recap
1- Sam
2- Noah
3- Sam
4- Noah
5- Sam
6- Noah
7- Sam
8- Noah
9- Sam
10- Noah
11- Sam
12-Noah
13- Sam
14- Noah
15- Sam
16- Noah
17- Sam
18- Noah
19-Sam
20- Noah
21- Sam
22- Noah
23- Sam
25- Sam
26- Noah
27- Sam
28- Noah
29- Sam
Author's Note
30- Noah
31. Sam

24- Noah

4K 175 109
By bert3005

Noah

White noise was all I heard. All I could see was pure, raw anger and hatred. I couldn't even feel my fists slamming into Jude's face, I felt numb and just kept going.

Seeing Sam sobbing and screaming at Jude to stop made my stomach drop and everything went black from there. I might've been throwing profanities and threatening words at Jude, but I couldn't tell you what I said. I heard Sam yelling at me to stop, saying something about how I'd kill Jude. But that's how intense my anger was, those words didn't phase me.

And I wasn't brought back into reality until my arm was being yanked on, I tried shoving them back so I could continue, but then Sam was pushing me off of him and pulling me up.

"Stop," Sam emphasized, but I made a move to go back to Jude. Sam's hands cupped my face, "Look at me, Noah," he demanded and I finally met his eyes. "I'm okay," he said firmly. "I'm okay."

"He touched you."

Sam grabbed my hands and placed them on his face for me to physically realize he was safe, "You stopped Jude. I'm okay," he repeated and the white noise faded as I was pulled out of my numb state.

I brushed my thumbs over his wet cheeks, "Did he-?" I felt sick to my stomach.

Sam shook his head, "He only kissed me, you stopped him," he reiterated. "Let's just leave, okay?"

"Okay," I agreed, my hands falling from his face. I looked back at Jude who was on the floor, his face fucked up and bloody. But he was still conscious based on his groaning. "I have pictures of what you did, so press charges on me for hitting you and I'll make sure you're going to jail for rape, you piece of shit."

I grabbed Sam's hand and took us out of the room. On our way downstairs, "you have pictures?" Sam asked.

"No, do you think I stopped to take photos before beating his ass?"

"Oh," was all Sam said then he pulled me aside and stopped us, "Thank you." He told me, "for stopping him."

I brought his hand up to my lips and kissed the back of his hand, closing my eyes in the process. If Jude had gone any further with Sam, I'd never forgive myself. Jude being in Sam's life was my fault and I wish I had killed Jude upstairs. 

Bringing his hand down, I let him go, "Ben's probably looking for you," I said. "You should go be with him."

"I told Ben to leave. He went home," Sam told me and grabbed my hand again, "can you take me home?"

I nodded then said, "We have to get Kaitlyn and Ciera before we can leave," and I pulled out my phone to text them instead of trying to search for them.

But I didn't need to because I got a text from Ciera a half hour ago.

Hoe
Today 11:47 PM

Soooo Kaitlyn and I are
going back home. We
kissssed (with tongue 😌)
Wesley should be at the
party soon. Go home with
him and maybe stay the
night there too. Thank
youuuu!! I owe you one.

Great. I sighed, "Well, I don't have a car actually."

"What?" Sam questioned me.

"I can take you."

Sam and I turned around to see a smiling Kai, "I'm ready to go anyway. I was looking for you, Sam."

"Oh, uhhh."

"He was with me," I said so Sam wouldn't have to come up with an explanation.

Kai looked down at our joined hands then looked at my other hand and back up at me. "What happened to your hands?"

Sam and I looked down at my bloody knuckles. "So you can drive me home?" I asked Kai racing him again and not wanting to get into it.

"Yeah, sure."

In Kai's car, I watched Sam the whole time while he sat in the passenger seat. I wanted to apologize profusely to him. Wrap him in my arms and never let go.

But then Kai pulled up to the main entrance of my apartment building. "Thanks," I told kai and opened the door.

"Wait, Noah," Sam spoke. I met his eyes until he looked at Kai, "Um, I'm gonna stay with Noah. He'll drive me home later."

Kai looked between Sam and I then, "Okay, have a good night." And Sam stepped out of the car.

Sam's roommate drove off and Sam and I stayed in silence as we stepping into the building and we stayed silent until we got in the elevator. "I just wanted to help you with your hands," Sam said.

Looking down at my bloody knuckles, I closed and opened my fists then winced in pain, but said, "I'll be fine." A moment of quiet then, "will you? ... be fine?"

Sam nodded, "I'm okay," he said but it didn't seem convincing.

"Sam, I'm so fucking sorry. This is all my fault," Sam shook his head, but I kept going, "You warned me about Jude and I didn't listen and now... now he-" I couldn't even bring myself to say it, I felt like throwing up.

"Stop," Sam stepped in front of me, "Don't do that to yourself. What happened is not your fault."

I shook my head, "he's in your life because of me."

Sam cupped my face with his hands, "What Jude did was not your fault. His actions are his own. Please down blame yourself."

My hands covered his. "I don't know what I would've done if he-"

"He didn't, so I'm okay. You saved me, do you understand that?"

I opened my mouth to speak but then the elevator set and the doors opens. Sam and I moved away from each other and he followed me out into the hallway. "Just a warning, we might walk in on lesbian sex."

"Ooo, my favorite," Sam joked. "So Kaitlyn and Ciera, huh?"

"Apparently so," I said as we stopped in front of my door. I knocked three times to give them a warning just in case Kaitlyn and Ciera actually were getting it on in the kitchen or something. I opened the door slowly, "Put clothes on," I called into the apartment, before I opened the door wider.

"Our clothes are on, dick head," I heard Ciera say.

Sam chuckled as we stepped in and I shut the door behind us. Kaitlyn and Ciera were sitting on the kitchen stools, both eating ice cream out of the container. They were changed out of their party clothes and in comfy clothes.

I walked up to them, stealing Ciera's spoon and taking a bite of ice cream, "We'll be talking about this later," I deadpanned, gesturing between the two before I gave Ciera her spoon back.

"And we'll be discussing why your fists are fucked up. Should I be expecting the police to show up?" Ciera called to me, but I had already grabbed Sam's hand and brought us into the bathroom.

"Sit," Sam told me and I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. He searched my bathroom for bandages and antiseptic cream.

"You know I could've done this by myself?"

He got the supplies and kneeled in front of me, "I know," he said without looking at me. Instead, he grabbed my hand, poured peroxide onto a cotton ball and dabbed my knuckles. To mess with him, I mocked a wince and pulled my hand away. "Sorry," Sam said in panic, "did that hurt?" I cracked a smile and Sam narrowed his eyes at me, "Ha. Ha. Give me your hand, frickhead."

"Dumbass."

We both chuckled and then it was like we both realized what we said at the same time as Sam's hand slowed at patching mine up and the air seemed thicker.

I cleared my throat, "Thanks for doing this," I said.

"Sure."

Then remembering what he told me earlier I asked, "Why'd you tell Ben to leave?"

"Oh," he scoffed as if remembering what happened. "It doesn't matter, he was being stupid. He made a dumb comment and then we kind of argued. He wanted us to leave, I told him I didn't want to, so he left." he vaguely explained. Then muttered, "Though I guess he was right for us to leave. Maybe if I'd listened I'd-" Sam stopped himself. "Doesn't matter now."

He wrapped up my right hand and looked at me. "All done," he gave me a small smile. My left hand not being my dominant hand, wasn't as bad.

"Thank you," I said and we just looked at each other, soaking in each other's presence. I placed my hand on his cheek, "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked in a whisper.

"I will be," he told me.

My eyes couldn't help but look down at his lips, hating that Jude took advantage of Sam in such a cruel way. I dropped my hand "I could drive you home."

"Oh, um yeah, okay," and he stood up, stepping away to give me room to stand up as well.

Sam turned towards the door, but I reached out, grabbed his arm, and pulled him to me, "Or you can stay the night, but if you do, it's going to be in bed with me. I'm not going to make the decision for you, so I'm taking you home or you're spending the night in my bed."

This was it. This was my last time putting myself out there for Sam. And I held my breath for him to choose.

**
READ: I think what's best for Fools in Love is for me to take a step back and pause it for a little while.
HOWEVER, for my Patreon, I'm going to post an extra once a week whether that's a Fools in Love extra or an extra from my other stories or maybe a continuation of Simply Elliot.

Some extras will be free to the public and some won't.

Right now, all extras that I currently have for Fools in Love will be free. Link in bio to read them.

*Gotta scroll down to find them*

Thank you for your patience and thank you for reading <3

-Xoxo, Bert

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 59 18
When a young nurse by the name of Lizzie Bennett escapes her life in Boston and moves to Chicago, she didn't expect to find herself falling for a cop...
125K 4.6K 29
Noah is forced by his mother to move out of their home when she disowned him for being gay. He tells his friend Elliot about it and he tells his fami...
164K 7.6K 37
[sequel to Fools] Noah and Sam are happy and in love... and living an hour away from each other while Sam enters his senior year of high school and...
1.2M 15.4K 50
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...