lonely hearts club ✨ || kth a...

By eleni_cherie

"lonely hearts club // do you want to be with somebody like me?" maybe single parents are meant to be members... More

lonely hearts club
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
finale

0.4

39 8 8
By eleni_cherie

»»»

"Alright, so who can tell me again what an interval is?" Taehyung's eyes wandered around the silent classroom. Glancing at either blank or thinking faces. Then finally, two hands went up.
He gestured towards one of his pupils. "Yes, please."
"A difference in pitch between two sounds?"
He arched a brow at the girl. "Is that a question or an answer?" he inquired with a smile. Watching her lips turning into a straight line. "An answer?"
The class started snickering at her questioning tone. He sighed, nodding. "Correct." Folding his arms then in front of his chest, he leaned against his desk. "And how can an interval be discribed?"
Silence spread once again. His gaze flicking from one pupil to another as they were all trying avoiding his glance. Having forgotten what he had explained to them minutes ago.

He liked his pupils. He really did. They were good kids. Even Yoo, who pretended being a bad boy sometimes but really was just a jokester. However, music theory wasn't the easiest topic for 7th graders. He knew that.
"Guys, I wrote it down on the blackboard. Don't you take notes?" He almost whined. Seeing them browsing through their notes. Eventually some hands raising again.
"Yana?"
"Either 'horizontal, linear or melodic' if it refers to successively sounding tones, such as.. two adjacent pitches in a melody, and.. and 'vertical or harmonic' if it pertains to simultaneously sounding tones, such as in a chord."
He nodded contently, grinning. "See, I knew you guys knew it. Or at least could read notes."
His glance fell on one of the boys in the back then who was trying sneaking a piece of paper into the backpack of one of the girls. He coughed loudly. Putting on his 'serious teacher'-expression.
"Teo, would you share your message with the rest of us?"

The boy's eyes widened in shock when hearing his name being called out as everyone turned to look at him. Like a dear caught in the headlights. Shaking his head then, he sat up straight. Taehyung walked up to him, holding his hand open for the boy to place the note in his palm. He pursed his lips and quietly did so. Taehyung walking back to his desk then. Glancing at his watch.
"Do you guys have any questions left about today's topic?"
One girl in the front row raised her hand. "Which were the qualities again?"
"Perfect, major, minor, augmented, diminished." The sound of pens quickly scribbling down on paper was heard in the room. "Anything else?" No one else raised their hand. The bell's loud ringing following right in time, indicating the end of the lesson. "See you on thursday for practice, guys."
The pupils bid goodbye on their way rushing to their next class. One by one leaving - except one.
Teo was standing in front of his teacher's desk. Rubbing his arm awkwardly. "May I have my note back?"
Taehyung averted his eyes from the notes in front of him. His hand picking up the piece of paper then, unfolding it to check what it was even about. And much to his surprise, it seemed as it was supposed to be for a crush.

'I heard you like icecream. wanna grab some together?'

"You're asking her out? On a date?" he arched a brow at Teo.
"At least tried to.. I don't have her number, neither socials. So I tried it the old school way."
The young boy's statement made Taehyung snort amused. "'Oldschool way'?" he repeated. Sliding the note over the tabletop towards Teo. Not seeing any point in keeping it or punishing him over something minor as that. "We used little notes as well."
"Not to be disrespectful, but you're way older than me," Teo chuckled. Making him laugh as well.
"Only 14 years, kid," Taehyung countered. "But just some advice from someone with a little more experience. Asking her directly gives a way better impression."
The boy shrugged. Seemingly sceptical. "I'll see. Anyway, goodbye Mr. Kim." 

Taehyung watched his pupil leave and for a moment he thought about the little note.
Yeah, in school it was easy to ask someone out. Or to tell someone you liked them. You just wrote a little note with 'do you like me? yes or no' and that was it. At least back in the days. Not sure how it was nowadays with everyone having a smartphone.
He wondered what it would be like if it was this easy for adults, too. To simply ask someone if they liked you - 'yes or no?'.

»»»

The sun was shining warmly when Taehyung's last class ended. Way earlier than usually as the older years were on a field trip. So it was only around noon, around the time for the children's midday nap, when he was leaning against the wall next to the daycare entrance. His arms folded as he stared at nothing in the distance. Waiting for Ari to be brought.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," a familiar voice was heard then. He perked up, seeing Cassandra standing next to him. Holding the little girl in her arms. "It took awhile for us to wake her up," she giggled and handed himthe ladybug backpack. Taehyung stared for a moment, puzzledly blinking at her as he slung the small backpack around his shoulder.
"Oh yes, hey.. Sorry, I'm just confused. So you do work here?"
She shook her head, carefully putting Ari in his arm. The baby rubbing her eyes. Drowsy as she had only now been woken up. Her little head instantly finding support on his broad shoulder.
"No, no. I only help out my aunt sometimes. If I don't have much work myself."
"Oh ok.." He was ready to accept her explanation, when frowning all over again. "Your aunt?"
It was cute how irritated he seemed and it made her giggle lightly. "Your daughter's nursery teacher, Mrs Eva? She's my aunt. Didn't you know?"
She watched his lips shape a small 'o'. Finally understanding everything. Now it made sense why he always saw the two women chatting so closely. They were related with each other.
"I assume that's why you also bring Izzy here then," he chuckled, making her smile.
"Yup. Don't wanna sound biased but my aunt's the best."
They grew quiet as he adjusted his grip around Ari who was seemingly wide awake now. Sucking on her favourite binky, the one with the blue mouse, while staring wide-eyed at him. Like she was expecting him to do or say something.
"Well then, see y-"
"Wait!" Cassandra interrupted him. Both raising their brows at her sudden exclamation.

She pursed her lips embarrassed, taken aback by her own self. However, now that she had somehow found the courage to do so, she decided to push herself and continue. She didn't have to lose anything anymore. She had already humiliated herself. "I'm also leaving with Izzy now and we.. we're going to the playground. Since the weather is nice today and all, you know? So.. do you and Ari maybe wanna join us?"
Her light stuttering and the way she could barely hold his gaze told him that she must have been nervous. Nervous to ask him. Perhaps because they barely knew each other. Even so, it made him chuckle inside. And he contemplated for a moment.
Was that what she had been trying asking him all these weeks?
To be honest, his plan for the day had been to simply laze around on the couch with Ari. However, Cassandra always seemed like a genuinely nice person to him. And she got along quite well with Ari.

Besides, he rarely went out with Ari to places like these. Parks and playgrounds. He always felt odd, like an outsider, when going there alone with her. Standing there among all the mothers and couples. Which was quite selfish of him, he knew. And it did make him feel guilty and bad about it. After all, it was important for Ari's development to be outside and interact with her environment. Especially for the development of her immune system, as far as he remembered reading somewhere. He knew.
So he eventually gave her a light nod. "Sure, we'll come." Seeing her face lighting up at his words. "Alright, great," she smiled, not having expected him to actually accept her invitation. "Just give me a second to get Izzy." 
Cassandra did her best to act all cool and hide her excitement, knowing exactly she failed miserably though. And Taehyung could tell, but still couldn't help and laugh under his breath as he watched her rushing back inside.

He glanced down at the girl in his arms. "You better not stuff sand into your mouth, got it?" he warned jokingly. Cocking a brow at her. Ari ignoring him completely once again and instead focused on his shirt. Clutching and tugging it. 
"I see," he breathed. Seeing Cassandra at the door, returning with Isavella in her arms.

"Ready?"
"Ready."

»»»

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
742K 29K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
11.8K 894 12
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧? 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. ❞ in which a girl loves autumn and a bo...
584K 27.8K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...