CONFESSION| steve harrington...

Por borednerd930

STEVE HARRINGTON x OC | BOOK 2 Phoebe and the rest of the Hawkins gang continue on with life after the events... Más

chapter 1- just tired
chapter 2- Halloween
chapter 3- something off
chapter 4- gym class
chapter 5- homework
chapter 6- locker room
chapter 7- the cellar
chapter 8- electricity
chapter 9- the junkyard
chapter 10- get in
chapter 11- morse code
chapter 12- benchwarmers
chapter 13- do you understand
chapter 15- snowball
epilouge

chapter 14- the hub

93 1 0
Por borednerd930

They continued through the tunnels, the walls and floor covered in thick vine-looking tendrils that squirmed around. Phoebe could barely breath. A junction came up and Steve paused for a moment to study the map. He set off in the right direction and everyone followed closely. Dustin paused and looked at something on the ceiling, and Phoebe passed by him.

"Let's go," she said with a pat on his shoulder as she passed him. She was maybe only ten feet ahead of him when he let out a scream. Everyone quickly rushed to his side as he spit on the ground repeatedly.

"Oh! Some got in my mouth. It's in my mouth, SHIT! SHIT!" he yelled and then ended with a cough. "I'm okay," he sighed.

"Are you serious?" Steve asked annoyed while everyone else shared the same reaction.

"Dustin, what the hell?" Lucas asked as Dustin stood and Phoebe pushed the boys in front of her once again. They continued walking for another ten minutes before they reached a large, open area that had seven different outlets to the tunnels.

"All right, Wheeler, I think we found your hub," Steve said as the rest of the group filed in.

"Let's drench it," Mike instructed and everyone set down their packs and took out the various containers full of gasoline they had carried. Phoebe made sure to set her bag in the entrance to the tunnel they had came from, just in case they got turned around. Everyone had cans and tanks of gas that they sloshed up the walls and on the floor while Lucas and Phoebe had filled some old weed sprayers and were concentrating their supply on the ceiling. They finished their work and gathered in the entrance to the tunnel that led them back out. Steve flicked his lighter and then looked to the group, making eye contact with Phoebe. She nodded and he sighed, "Here goes nothing." 

As the lighter landed in a puddle of gasoline the entire hub instantly caught fire. A blinding orange filled the air as the tendrils screeched.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Steve ushered the rest of them out of the hub. As they ran Phoebe could hear the Demo-dogs screeching in the distance, though she knew the distance between them was decreasing every second. She could see the smaller junction ahead, but skidded to a halt as she saw something crouched over in the center. The kids joined her in stopping when they saw the creature's face open as it growled again.

"Dart," Dustin said.

"What?!" Phoebe and Steve whisper-yelled at the same time.

"I know it's him. He has the same yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin pointed. He slowly walked towards the monster. Phoebe tried to stop him, but he pushed her arm out of his way.

"Dart, it's me. It's Dustin. Are you gonna let us past?" he asked the creature. It roared in response, it's face opening again. As it did Phoebe held her breath and grabbed Steve's hand.

"Okay, okay," Dustin said calmly as he shushed Dart. "I got something for you," he slowly removed his backpack and pulled out a candy bar. "Our favorite: nougat," he said as he began breaking the bar into pieces and dropping them on the ground in front of him. Dart slowly lowered his head and then began eating the candy. Dustin waved a hand over his head and everyone tiptoed around Dart. Dustin slowly got up and circled around him. When Dart finished eating he looked to Dustin and ran in the opposite direction. 

"Okay, let's move!" Steve yelled as he grabbed onto Dustin's shoulders and steered him to the opening. They were all running and could see light peeking through the hole they had climbed through. Phoebe was the first one there and thrust her hands in front of her, allowing them to act as a stepstool. Max grabbed the rope and pushed off Phoebe's hands and hoisted herself out of the hole. Lucas followed suit with Mike going next, Max pulling them out from the other side. 

"Dustin, c'mon!" she screamed as she watched a swarm of the monsters round a distant corner, running in their direction. Steve picked up Dustin by the waist and practically threw him through the hole. 

"Pheebs go!" Steve yelled as he held his hands out, but Phoebe was frozen with fear as the pack of creatures barreled towards them. Steve whipped his head around to see the monsters, wrapped an arm around Phoebe and held onto the rope for dear life with his free hand. The kids screamed as the watched the scene unfold from above. Phoebe's arms were tight around Steve's torso and she closed her eyes tightly, waiting to be trampled. Though the monsters didn't attack them, and everything went quiet. Phoebe opened her eyes and saw them running around her and Steve, almost like they didn't even see them. She looked up at Steve who was looking around them at the monsters and let out a shaky breath. Steve looked down at her, his breath also shaking, and closed his eyes in relief. Something came over Phoebe in the moment, and she reached a hand up to his chin and pulled him down to her lips. Steve was shocked, but soon pressed against her, his eyes still clamped shut in fear. 

"What was that for?" he asked as they broke apart.

"I just had to," was all Phoebe said before climbing up the rope. Steve followed and joined the group as they stood around the hole. Suddenly the headlights from the car grew brighter and brighter, so much so that they had to shield their eyes. It died quickly and Dustin turned to his sister.

"Seriously? Steve?!" he asked, sounding almost disgusted.

"Calm down, man," Phoebe replied as she ruffled the hair under his hat. He swatted her hand away and turned to Steve. Phoebe had expected Dustin to start yelling at him, but Dustin just rolled his eyes and walked away. Steve turned to Phoebe with his brows furrowed together. Phoebe just shrugged her shoulder, herself aware of what exactly was happening, and got in the car. They drove back to the Byers' house to wait and found that Billy had left. Everyone settled onto the couches and chairs in the living room, the younger ones falling asleep almost instantly. Phoebe was filling herself a glass of water when Steve joined her in the kitchen, wrapping his arms around her torso from behind. She took a sip and then rested her head against his chest.

"Was that really the best way to tell Dustin?" Steve asked after a moment of silence.

"Um," she chuckled, "probably not. But he was bound to find out sooner or later." She set down her cup and turned to face Steve. 

"Yeah, I guess so. At least now we don't have to sneak around. I can take you on a date," Steve said with a small smile.

"Is Steve Harrington asking me on a date?" Phoebe playfully asked with a fake surprised look. 

"Is Phoebe Henderson saying yes?" he asked back. Phoebe gently kissed his lips and smiled.

"That enough of an answer?" 

"Sure is," Steve replied and connected their lips once again. They stay connected for a moment before Phoebe hummed against his lips and backed away.

"You do know this means we have to tell my mom, right?" she asks with her hands rested on Steve's chest.

"Don't you worry about Claudia," Steve teases. "She loves me. It won't be a problem," he reassures and then pulls Phoebe into a tight hug. They join the sleeping kids in the living room and take the empty seats on the couch. As soon as they sit, Phoebe rests her head against Steve's chest while he keeps and arm around her. She hums contently before drifting peacefully to sleep, Steve doing the same. 

---

Hopper bursts through the door, startling all of them awake. He asks a series of questions and the kids begin explaining the whole process of distracting the Demo-dogs with the tunnels and everything that had happened.

"Guys, shhh," Steve quieted them as Phoebe still lay asleep on the couch. Hopper waved the group into the kitchen to continue talking and Steve went back to the couch. A while later, Joyce returned with Nancy, Jonathan, and a now saved Will. The kids all ran to greet them, the noise waking Phoebe. She groggily turned her head to see that she was laying on the couch still, her head on Steve's legs. 

"Hey," Steve whispered. "I tried to keep them quiet so you could sleep,"

"It's fine," she said as she slowly sat up and rested her head on his shoulder. She looked over to see the kids smothering Will in a large group hug. Joyce was explaining her side of the story to Hopper and Nancy and Jonathan were talking closely. Phoebe noticed how close they were and realized that something had happened. Nancy slowly turned her head to see Phoebe and Steve sitting closely on the couch and gave Phoebe a small smile. Phoebe returned the smile and raises her eyebrows as her finger moved between Nancy and Jonathan. Nancy blushed and darted her eyes. Phoebe gave a small chuckle, Nancy doing the same. It was a silent moment between the girls, but a needed one. Phoebe stood and retrieved her cup from the kitchen and returned to the couch, Dustin glaring at her. As she took a drink she patted the cushion next to her. He looked between the spot and his sister before reluctantly sitting. 

"So...I know that probably wasn't fun for you-" Phoebe started but Dustin cut her off.

"Fun? FUN? No, what isn't fun is running for my life from monsters from another dimension. Watching you and Steve suck face was horrifying. I'm scarred for life!" he said dramtically.

"Oh, stop it." she chuckled and shoved his arm. "First of all, okay 'fun' wasn't the best word, and second, grow up already. What, did you think you were never gonna see me in a relationship?"

"I was fine with the idea of you dating someone but Steve? It's just gonna take me a minute, I mean, he's almost like a brother to us," Dustin shuddered. 

"As long as I don't have to kick your ass every time you make fun of me," Phoebe warned with a raised finger. Dustin raised his hands in defense as Steve sat next to Phoebe. Dustin lifted a finger and held it very close to Steve's face.

"I have nothing against asking El to torture you with her superpowers. Don't screw this up," he warned. Phoebe looked to Steve, who had his brows raised and mouth hanging open, and stifled a giggle. Dustin rejoined his friends and Steve turned to Phoebe.

"Okay, what the hell was that about?" he asked slowly.

"That was his way of saying he's not totally grossed out by this," she explained and then placed a kiss on his cheek. Steve just nodded his head. It was late and everyone was tired. Steve offered to drive the kids home so that Joyce could stay with Will. Nancy and Mike left with Lucas at the same time Steve drove away with Dustin and Max, Phoebe driving Billy's car. When they reached Max's house Phoebe handed the keys to Max and joined her brother in Steve's car.

"You call me anytime you need something, I don't care if it's stupid," she called to Max through her open window. Max nodded before she walked inside. The drive to the Henderson's house was short, shorter than Phoebe had wanted. Dustin got out as soon as they parked and gave Steve another glare before going in the house.

"I- what are we gonna do about him?" Steve asked in a huff.

"Would you stop worrying about him and give me a kiss goodnight?" Phoebe asked in response. Steve and her slowly leaned in, connecting in a tender kiss, but soon was deepened. Phoebe could've stayed like this all night, but her bliss was interrupted as Dustin yelled from the front door.

"Phoebe! Get in here!" She glared at her brother then looked back to Steve.

"Stay with me," he said quickly. "My parents aren't home..." he teased.

"I wish I could but my mom is probably freaking out right now," she sighed. 

"I could stay with you?" Steve offered.

"How? You aren't exactly the world's quietest climber," she teased.

"What? I'm stealthy...like a ninja," he joked. Phoebe laughed, then got out of the car and walked around the driver's side.

"Goodnight, Steve," she said softly as she kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight, Pheebs,"  

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

583 16 13
STEVE HARRINGTON x OC| BOOK 4 Spring Break=relaxation and make-out sessions at Skull Rock, right? Nope! The Hawkins gang finds themselves in a whirlw...
151K 2.9K 60
After being thrown into the world of the Upside Down, Gwen Henderson now has to deal with something even more sinister. All while being forced to wor...
267K 5.5K 51
In which Avery Harrington is at first forced to be close with a certain Hawkins High freak, but soon they'll grow to like each other while fighting t...
52.7K 957 55
𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐫... 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚...