My Mafia Princess

By lunalovesreadingg

She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She th... More

Intro
Trigger Warnings
ONE | Murderer
TWO | Dave
THREE | Found Her
FOUR | Airport
FIVE | Embarrassed
SIX | My Room?
SEVEN | Dinner
EIGHT | If Only
NINE | Shopping
TEN | Weird
ELEVEN | Uno
TWELVE | School?
THIRTEEN | Artemis
FOURTEEN | Sister
FIFTEEN | Mirror
SIXTEEN | Inheritance
SEVENTEEN | Training & Reading
EIGHTEEN | What?
NINETEEN | Peace & Quiet
TWENTY | Shit
TWENTY-ONE | Tell Me
TWENTY-TWO | The Truth And Skittles
TWENTY-THREE | Disappointed
TWENTY-FOUR | I remember
TWENTY-FIVE | Gossiping
TWENTY-SIX | Revenge
TWENTY-SEVEN | Gunshot
TWENTY-EIGHT | Ignoring
TWENTY-NINE | This Is A Disaster
THIRTY | Bugatti
THIRTY-TWO | Kiss
THIRTY-THREE | Interesting
THIRTY-FOUR | Staring At Me
THIRTY-FIVE | Traumatized
THIRTY-SIX | Marcello's Truth
THIRTY-SEVEN | A Whole Mess
THIRTY-EIGHT | Two People, Two Kisses
THIRTY-NINE | Sneaky
FORTY | Ice Cream?
FORTY-ONE | Dream
FORTY-TWO | Fire
FORTY-THREE | My Fault
FORTY-FOUR | Obey
FORTY-FIVE | The Win
Epilogue
Bonus chapter
Sequel!!

THIRTY-ONE | Race

45.6K 1.3K 624
By lunalovesreadingg

Race scene with dommy:

ATHENA RUSSO:

I'm having too much fun with this car chase. I do donuts, I drift, I speed. I blast Style by Taylor Swift as I drive.

I drive off the highway and I see police cars waiting for me at the end of the road.

I sing the song while I swerve past the cars and drive into a busy street. I never knew New York would be this busy but everywhere I go there's a lot of traffic. Swerving past cars, I bob my head to the beat.

I frown when I see more police cars following me, and blocking nearly every exit.

That's rude.

I quickly turn into a weirdly big alleyway and then exit it and then drive back to the highway. I hear a loud helicopter above me and I have no doubts that it's following me.

Randomly, I get a weird feeling. Looking beside me, I see a familiar red Porsche.

Hold on isn't that Dom?

He smirks at me, giving me a challenging look, and speeds past me. Does he want to race? No. He possibly couldn't.

I catch up to him and lower my window and shout, "What the hell are you doing?!" His window lowers down. "Let's race," he shouts back.

"Are you sure?!"

"I'm sure."

I nod and my window slides back up. Okay. Let's race then. He holds up three fingers. Then two. Then one. Go.

I press down on the accelerator and lean back. I turn the volume higher and another song plays. I bob my head but gasp when Dom speeds past me.

I know he just didn't do that.

I glare at the back of his car while I'm hearing more police sirens behind us. I go to the lane beside him and zoom past him as I laugh.

I look in the rearview mirror and see a very angry Dom and then I see a bunch of red and blue flashing lights. He's shouting something but I can't see what he's saying. It's sad that I'm not a talented lip reader. He seems very angry though.

I drive off the highway again when I see police cars blocking the middle of the road in the distance. Dom follows me and I go into a car park. I go to the top floor and park the car.

I get out of the Bugatti and lean against the car as I watch Dom parks his car. He gets out of his car and slams the door shut.

If it wasn't for the police we would have a longer race but I've been at this for an hour and I've had enough.

He takes big strides toward me and I keep my head up high. Careful Athena, he might be a murderer. He frowns when he stands in front of me. "Did you really have to end the race that quickly?" he asks.

I give a blank stare.

"Yes, I did. We had no destination and we were in a car chase," I simply explain to him.

Another car pulls up and Lorenzo and Marcello get out of the car. Great. Lorenzo walks up to us with the scariest angry look ever. Oh shit. Marcello on the other hand doesn't seem to care. He's always like that.

"I told you to go home, Dom. What part of that meant to join your sister in a car chase?"

"I was bored and I wanted to join in."

Lorenzo scoffs. "Well thank you for making you two the most wanted people right now."

Marcello stares at me and I give him a small smile. He tilts his head at me. The corner of his mouth lifts. I barely even notice it but I do. My smile grows. He's slowly learning how to smile.

I wonder what goes through his head. I mean he doesn't seem to feel any emotions so how does he think? Does he think by calculations and statistics like a proper robot? Why is he like that? What's happened to him?

Dom smirks. "Really?" he asks, excitedly.

Lorenzo crosses his arms, "Shut up. And Athena?"

I slowly look at Lorenzo. Is he going to shout at me? I mean I would understand. I definitely deserve it.

"Yes?"

He wraps his arms around me, "I'm just glad that you are safe."

What?

Is he okay right now?

I hear Dom scoff in disbelief.

I pull away and give him a weird look. "Do you not care that I just got into a car chase? Like at all?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "No?"

I gape at him. "But you're angry with Dommy and not me? Why?"

He looks at Dom when I say his nickname then looks back at me. He shrugs, "It isn't your fault."

"But it is. I did that all by myself. If anything, Dommy was trying to stop me."

He waves a dismissive hand at me. "Well, it's over now so let's all go home and forget about this, okay?"

I warily look around at my brothers and see them all nod in agreement. What the fuck is going on?

"Are you guys feeling okay?" I ask them all.

Dom nods, "Of course. Let's go home and forget about this just like Lorenzo said."

Why are they trying to act like this is normal? I look back at Marcello. He just stares back at me but an emotion flashes in his eyes so quickly that I barely even saw it. He nods at me, indicating I should listen.

I sigh, "Fine."

✩ ✩ ✩

Elijah runs up to me and hugs the shit out of me. Do I hug him back? Wait.

What if I pretend everything is normal and secretly try to figure out who my brothers really are? Like some spy trying to get some information. I think I could do that.

I'll need to plan it out later on but I need to act normal. Now.

I hug him back.

Elijah pulls away and looks at me, searching for something. "You haven't hurt yourself, have you?" he asks, worried.

I shake my head with a soft smile, "No. I'm okay."

He sighs in relief and pulls me back into another hug. He rubs my back soothingly, "You're not leaving my sight ever again. Got it?"

And you're never leaving mine. I will figure out who you really are, Elijah.

Dom rolls his eyes at us and goes up to his room.

I chuckle, "We will see about that."

He pulls away again and points a finger at me and opens his mouth but Ares's voice cuts him off.

"ATHENA!"

I nearly fall back when Ares engulfs me in a hug. He pulls away and looks me dead in the eyes. "I never knew my sister was so cool! You have got to teach how to drive like that!" He says, excitingly, shaking my shoulder.

I give him a big grin, "I will. Soon."

He jumps up and down, "YES! I'm going to be the best racer out there soon!"

And there it is. Racer. I tilt my head at him. "Racer? Since when did you race?" I ask.

Lorenzo loudly coughs behind me, "Shit. I feel sick." Elijah crosses his arms, "Language."

I turn around and narrow my eyes at Lorenzo, "Since when did you feel sick? You were perfectly fine ten minutes ago."

Marcello stands next to Lorenzo, watching him with his head tilted. He's confused.

So am I, Marcello.

He coughs again, patting his chest as if it hurts. "I don't know. Can you find me some medicine?"

"I uh— Where would it be?"

"Marcello, how about you show Athena where it is?"

He slowly nods and starts walking away. I narrow my eyes at them all before following Marcello. He walks very fast so I have to do a little jog to keep up with him.

I look at him. I've learnt that I think it would be easier to talk to him in a formal manner.

"So Marcello, how are you on this fine evening?"

He looks down at me, "I don't know."

"Why?"

"I don't feel things as you do."

"But you nearly smiled at me earlier."

"I did?"

I nod, "Yeah. But I know one day you're going to smile. Like really smile. And it will be so beautiful. I can't wait to see it."

That isn't a lie.

He has a slight confused expression on his face but then he looks away. I shrug, maybe he doesn't want to talk about it.

He stops at a room and opens it for me. I thank him and walk in. The room is filled with cabinets and cabinets. They all have their own label. Why would they need a whole room full of medical shit?

"Elijah is a doctor so he keeps a lot of medical equipment and medicine just in case of an emergency. And he's very organized so he makes sure that everything has its own cabinet," Marcello explains.

I turn around and see him standing in the doorway.

"So where is the medicine?"

"Over there," he says, pointing at the back left corner.

I nod and walk to the back of the room and open a cabinet that says medicine. I open it and see a bunch of medicine in there. Most of it is pills.

"What should I get?"

"Dextromethorphan."

I take a step back from the cabinet and look at him.

"Huh?"

He sighs and walks toward me. I step aside and he finds a random pill bottle and hands it to me. "There." He walks away and I look back at the cabinet. I look at the names of the pill bottles. They all have long and complicated names. What if... I shake my head and gently close it.

I see Marcello looking at the wall. I take a deep breath and hand the pill bottle to him.

"Can you take this to Lorenzo? I want to go to my room and rest."

He nods and takes it, "Sure."

I give a small smile and begin to walk out of the room but Marcello's quiet voice stops me.

"Are you... Okay?"

No. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want all my problems go away but I feel so selfish knowing other people probably have it worse.

I turn around and smile at him. "Yeah. Why?"

He shrugs, "I was just wondering."

I nod and turn around and walk away. I go back to the entrance of the house and see my brothers are gone. I don't go to the stairs, instead, I go to Lorenzo's office.

The door is shut but I hear voices speaking from the other side. I quietly walk to it and press my ear against the door, holding my breath.

"Has someone cleaned her room?" I hear Lorenzo ask.

"Yeah. But do you know why she got angry?" Elijah asks.

I'm guessing Elijah and Lorenzo are having a conversation about me. Do they talk about me a lot? They seem like they do.

"God knows why. Try and get close to her and figure out why. She doesn't open up and we need to know why," Lorenzo says.

Elijah scoffs, "She got abused, Lorenzo. That's why she doesn't open up. She's scared. Most likely of us. And if she ever finds out about—"

"She won't. I'll make sure of that."

"But what if she knew? How do you think she will react?"

I clench my fists. So they are hiding something from me.

"Well? Tell me, Lorenzo. If she isn't scared of us and she figures out who we really are then she will be scared of us."

"Shut up."

Elijah laughs loudly. It's a dark twisted laugh. A shiver rolls down my spine. That doesn't sound like Elijah. Not my Elijah. He is sweet and caring but he sounds different here. I close my eyes.

This is who he really is.

A weird feeling sinks in my chest and I place my hand on it. I don't like this feeling. It hurts. It makes me want to cry. I open my eyes and force the feeling to go away.

"She isn't the same little fragile girl anymore, Lorenzo. She's all grown up now. And you and I both know that something is going on with her and it's got something to do with us," Elijah coldly says.

That's it. I've heard enough. I can't listen to this anymore—

"Maybe she would want to join us?"

"It's time to face the truth now. She would never want to join a bunch of murderers."

And there it is again. That feeling. It hurts even more than before. I don't know what it is. But it hurts.

"Just get out Elijah. You're giving me a headache."

I immediately walk away and quickly go to the stairs. I jog up them and I see Dante coming my way. His eyes widen when he sees me.

"Did you crash my car?!"

I force myself to shake my head, "No." I sidestep him and go into my room, gently shutting the door behind me.

I go into my closet and change into some baggy comfy clothes and then take my hair out. I run a hand through it, stressed. My hand is shaking. In fact, my whole body is shaking. I let out an unsteady breath and go to my bed and lay in it.

The lights are off and the darkness swallows me. I stare up at the ceiling, feeling numb. My heart breaks when realization dawns on me. I can't even try to deny it anymore.

My brothers are murderers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 46.9K 47
Genesis has grown up with a neglective, abusive father all throughout her sixteen years of life. Despite all the pain and trauma she goes through, sh...
169K 6.7K 40
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
1.3M 27.4K 57
14 years ago two year old Violet King was kidnapped from her family sending them spiralling as they search the world for her. Present day Violet "Si...
293K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...