The Playgirl's Lover (ON HOLD...

By Elizabethjaybooks

A sequel to The Player's SideChick. It can not be read as a standalone. He set fire to the world around him... More

The Playgirl's Lover
𝐃 𝐈 𝐒 𝐂 𝐋 𝐀 𝐈 𝐌 𝐄 𝐑
𝐀 𝐆 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄 𝐌 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓
𝐀 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 𝐓 𝐈 𝐂 𝐒
𝐀 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 𝐓 𝐈 𝐂 𝐒 - 𝐈𝐈
Chapter One - Ugh! Men...
Chapter Two - High School Bullcrap
Chapter Three - Keeping Up With The Hardings!
Chapter Four - Vlad The Impaler
Chapter Five - A Joy Ride
Chapter Six - Clean? My Ass!
Chapter Seven - A Recipe For Disaster Indeed
Chapter Eight - Die, Asshole, Die!
Chapter Nine - Booty Call Sessions
Chapter Ten - Blood, Sweat And Tears
Chapter Eleven - Not That Drunk
Chapter Twelve - Two Can Play This Game
Chapter Thirteen - Messed With The Wrong Bitch!
Chapter Fourteen - Damsel In Distress
Chapter Fifteen - You've Come To The Expert
Chapter Sixteen - Poison
Chapter Seventeen - The Goddess
Chapter Eighteen - Sucker For Happily Ever Afters
Chapter Nineteen - Boyfriend Duties
Chapter Twenty - Karma
Chapter Twenty-One - Are You Drunk?
Chapter Twenty-Two - Always Been You
Chapter Twenty-Three - It's Not A Game
Chapter Twenty-Four - A Show Off
Chapter Twenty-Five - You Get Something, I Get Something.
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Boobland
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Dangerous Sexual Encounters
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Late Night Phone Calls
Chapter Thirty - Self-Destruct Mode
Chapter Thirty-One - Virginator
Author's Note 💕
Chapter Thirty-Two - Gettin' It
Chapter Thirty-Three - Satan's Balls
Chapter Thirty-Four - He was mine first.
Chapter Thirty-Five - Hard.
Chapter Thirty-Six - Villains are more fun.
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Don't play the player
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Revirginized
Chapter Thirty-Nine - So-So
Chapter Forty - He's Gay.
Chapter Forty-One - Poor Man's Ella
Chapter Forty-Two - De-monked
Chapter Forty-Three - I will break your heart
Chapter Forty-Four - Not A Sweet Romance
Chapter Forty-Five - Two Pump Chump
Chapter Forty-Six - Six Years, Beautiful.
Chapter Forty-Seven - Picture Perfect Home

Chapter Twenty-Six - Dirty Little Ella

14.6K 826 1.2K
By Elizabethjaybooks

I will reply to every single comment on this chapter. ❤

"Where's Bella?" I asked as I looked around his apartment.

He gave me a nervous smile and then slumped over his couch. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about..." he trailed off in a way that made me uneasy.

I sat beside him on the couch and placed my elbow over the headrest. "What about it?"

"Bella is not here anymore, Ella"

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it as I listened to his words. I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head. "Why?"

"She had been quite inactive lately. I thought she was sick, so, I took her to a vet. He told me that she was overweight and that I needed to take her out for walks and all that shit. I couldn't do it, Ella. The college has been busting my ass, then there's football. Then the next few days, she became very overweight. I took her out for a walk and then she just ran..."

"What do you mean she just ran?"

"She ran and the leash slipped from my hand for a second. She ran to the middle of the road and got run over by a car..."

I inhaled sharply and raised a finger. "Wait a sec, when did this happen?"

"Umm, last week, I guess, I don't know maybe before that" he explained, a crinkle appearing between his brows.

"Last week? How many times did we talk in the last week, Hunter"

"Every single day,"

I nodded. "Every single day, and you didn't think that you should inform me about it?"

He shook his head, running his hands down his face. "I didn't want to tell you over the phone because I knew you'll fight about this... I didn't want to get into an argument with you while you were so fucking far away"

Irritation surged up inside of me. I was taken aback by how unaffected he was acting by all of this. We adopted them together. They mean something to me, it was something we shared while being so far away from one another. "You're like the least bit affected by it. How can you be so heartless? Maybe, it was just a dog for you but it was still a living being, Hunter. What if it was a human, would you have reacted the same way?!"

"This... this is exactly the reason, I didn't want to tell you over the phone. Ella, I didn't kill her, it was a mistake, a fucking mistake."

I got off the couch and wrapped my arms around myself. "I don't know... you didn't seem too fond of her anyway!"

He got up as well. "YES, I WASN'T! God! I didn't even want a dog, Ella. I told you that over and over again but you didn't listen to me. I didn't even know how to take care of her, she was overweight for God's sake because I fed her too much. And I can't deal with dog shit all day long. I'm not a dog person at all. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but I just can't care for one. Not now anyway, and definitely not alone. Maybe in the future when we are living together—"

I cut him off. "You are a horrible person, Hunter!"

He stilled and pointed a finger to his chest. "I am? I'm a horrible person? You're a horrible person for forcing a dog on me in the first place. I didn't want one, you forced it on me and I took it in because I love you."

I faced him and glared directly into his eyes. "You could have said no!"

"I did say no but you being the way you are, didn't listen. For once, think about the things I do for you, instead of taking everything like it's your right!"

My chin trembled and I nodded my head. "If I'm so horrible, then why are you with me?!"

"Don't fucking blow this out of proportion!"

"You are the one who started describing how terrible of a girlfriend I am like you were waiting for a chance to say all these things to me! Why don't you leave me then, Hunter? If I'm so awful then we should break up!"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. "Are you using Bella's death to break up with me?"

"I'm not using anything, you're the one who clearly wants out!"

"I didn't fucking say that!"

I pushed on his chest. "You called me horrible!"

He grabbed both of my upper arms, pulling me even closer as he said the words on my face, I looked to my side. "You called me horrible first!"

The way he was holding me, restraining my movement reminded me of someone. Someone who used to do the same thing whenever things didn't go his way. He'd hold me, he'd crowd me and then he'd intimidate me. I won't let it happen again, no, I won't let anyone intimidate me again.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. "Leave. Me."

"Look at me, El!"

My heart dropped in my stomach as I faced him. "What did you call me?!"

"What?" he looked confused.

"What did you just call me?! By which name did you just call me?!"

"Ella, I called you Ella! What else?!"

He did call me Ella, didn't he? I heard it wrong. I heard his voice.

I shook my head. "Let me go!"

"Are you crying?"

I struggled in his hold. "Let me go, Hunter, or I swear to god I won't ever see you again!"

"Ella, what's wrong?"

"Hunter, let me go, stop touching me, let me go!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he snapped at me.

"You know what, I'm done! Now let me go before I slap you across your face!"

And he did. He took a step back, a heartbroken expression fell over his face.

He gave his head a shake before his eyes darkened.  "Why are you so eager to break up with me, Ella? Wanna go to that asshole friend of yours... the one who clearly has hots for you?! What's his name? Ha, Daniel, fucking Daniel!"

"Don't you dare spin this towards me? You killed my dog and suddenly you are the one with trust issues? What about your friends? What about Avery? Just because she is a nerdy little dorky whore, doesn't mean that I don't feel threatened by her! Sometimes, it feels like you're the one who clearly has hots for that dumb bitch," I shook my head. "After dating me, I actually thought that you had high standards!"

Hunter scoffed unbelievably, a look of incredulity crossed his face. "Are you even listening to yourself? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? There are some things about you that I really do not like Ella and this is one of them. Why are you so shallow? Do you even think about how much your words can hurt the other person? Do you? If you feel the need to hurt others just to feel powerful, Ella, then you are fucking weak."

I pointed a finger at him. "Don't you dare—"

He cut me off by taking a step my way. "Avery is a good person, Ella. She had never said a bad word about you behind your back or even on your face while you take every chance to make her feel bad about herself. I don't say anything because you're more important to me than her but enough, Ella"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Well, since I am sooo horrible, then you should be with perfect little Avery. There are so many fucking things that I don't like about you either but I don't go on throwing your flaws on your face. Some boyfriend you are!"

"MAYBE, I WILL!" he yelled out so loud, so loud that I took an involuntary step back.

Tears brimmed in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "Then I'll go be with Daniel..." I whispered just to hurt him back.

"Try Ace Harding, I'm sure he will still take you back in a second..."

A loud unexpected sob escaped my lips and I placed a hand over my mouth to conceal it. "Hunter..."

A look of surprise crossed his face, and his face whitened like he couldn't even believe what just slipped out of his mouth. "Fuck, Ella, love, I didn't mean—"

I didn't give him a chance to explain, I ran out of his apartment without looking back. I stepped into the elevator and repeatedly pressed the down button. But as the doors slid close, I caught a glimpse of Hunter trying to get to the elevator as fast as he could.

The doors fully closed and the elevator started moving down.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

I handed Harper another tissue as she cried. "He was having dinner with her."

I rubbed her back up and down. "They are old friends and let's not forget they were in a relationship for seven years. It could just be a friendly dinner."

She blew her nose into the tissue. "I was in the same restaurant. He saw me while he was having dinner with her and then he texted me that he missed me while having dinner with her"

"Isn't it a good thing that he was missing you while he was with her? Maybe, Christian is really into you"

"He's a player, I fell in love with a player. I gave him my everything!" She cried.

My mouth hung open. "Woah, did he take your virginity or something?"

"Yes, well, half virginity anyway..."

I frowned. "Okay... Care to explain how one can be a half virgin?"

"Well, I had a virgin mouth which he completely destroyed by shoving his nine-inches dick inside like he owned it!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Nine inches? Really?"

She loudly blew her nose again making me gag a little. "Yeah, you know what they say “once you go black—"

"You never go back" I completed for her. "But really, is Christian that big?"

She inhaled dreamily. "Oh, he's perfect. He doesn't just exude BDE, he delivers"

"I'm impressed, Harper"

Our conversation got cut short by the ringing of my doorbell. Hunter ran towards the door and started barking at it.

I got up from the couch, handed Harper the box of the tissue, and made my way to the door. I ruffled Hunter's hair as I opened the door.

"Hey, I was just here to deliver some of the paperwork for the orphan—WOAH!"

Ace staggered back as Hunter practically lunged over him. Ace's back hit the wall behind him as Hunter placed his paws over his chest, his tongue sticking out, his tail wagging.

Hunter wasn't aggressive in any way, he was a sweetheart. He wanted Ace to play with him but the poor dog didn't know that Ace Harding is allergic to dogs for no reason at all and he lacks emotional development.

"Hunter, baby, no, go to your room, come on, baby..." I slapped the side of my thigh. He immediately perked up at the sound and ran in my direction. I walked him across the living room and opened the guestroom's door where I usually keep Hunter when someone comes over because I don't want people touching or petting my dog.

Harper stood up, smoothing her wild hair down. "Um, I'm gonna go to your bedroom"

"Okay, just don't sit on my bed with your box of tissues"

"Fine," she grumbled and went inside, slamming the door shut.

I turned and saw Ace leaning against the door with a little smile playing on his lips. His tie was hallways opened, his suit jacket was tucked over his arm.

"What?" I questioned.

He was trying hard to muffle his laughter. "You named your dog Hunter?" he raised an eyebrow, and let out a breath of amusement. "As in Grey? After Hunter Grey?"

A smile touched my lips. For some reason, he found it funny that I had named my dog Hunter. Fine, Harding, it's your funeral, you asked the question.

I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked at him "I almost named him Ace..." I said and waited for his reaction, his eyebrows pinched together, and I could see the corner of his lips tugging upwards. After a beat, I added. "But he was too loyal"

Something flashed in his eyes, but then a muscle in his jaw tightened, and he diverted his gaze, shaking his head like he was amused by all of it.

He got his back off the wall and lazily walked towards me, he handed me a file and I took it.

"I was thinking of making little changes to the final design"

"What do you have in mind?"

"I just have so many ideas... it's like chaos in there" I motioned towards my head.  "Do you know most of these kids are teenagers?" I questioned. "Because no one likes to adopt a teenager. It is just downright cruel and horrible for the kids"

"Hmm..." a deep hum from his chest.

I cleared my throat. "Okay, what is one thing that we needed the most as teenagers?"

"Sex---"

"Privacy!"

We both said at the same time and then I stopped. I looked him dead in the eyes. Did he just say what I think he just said? 

"Se—seclusion," he dropped his suit jacket onto the couch and laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was about to say the exact same thing, seclusion. Same meaning, different words. English is a fucking funny language."

I wasn't unconvinced but anyway... "I was thinking of making tiny bedrooms in the hall area, like their own personal space. So, they'd feel at home. Like instead of a hall, little compartments"

"Do it..."

I glanced at him. "Really?"

"Yeah, what's stopping you?"

"The old cranky nun, I don't think she'll approve of it."

"Then we won't ask her"

"Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent"

I frowned. "You seem to be in a very good mood..."

He lifted a shoulder. "Just think about our arrangement"

A sly smile crept on my lips. "What about it?"

"Brainstorming about what I should ask for first..."

"I don't think doing it would be a good idea right now, Harper is here, what if she walks in on us while we are fucking on the couch?"

He laughed throwing his head back. He tapped a finger on my forehead, once, twice, thrice before I swatted it away. "Dirty little Ella, always thinking about sex"

I pursed my lips. "Then what do you have in mind?"

"So many things..."

"Well, choose something already, I'm not gonna wait around forever for you. I'm a big girl, I have needs, Harding"

Out of nowhere, he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer to his body. My hands landed on his chest, the file fell from my hand and hit my bare feet. The height difference was too much without heels, he had to bend over a little. He leaned closer and kissed my forehead softly and gently.

"This is not just a game for me, I want you to know that" he whispered on my forehead before placing another kiss and finally letting me go.

He smiled while I looked at him, lost for words. I hope he is lying because this shit is going to hurt him badly when I walk away—which I will.

"Good Night, Ms. Carter."

He again tipped his head like a bow before he walked out of the apartment.

A/N

   Hi! ❤

Ask all the questions (No Spoilers) →

I hope you enjoy today's update and I'll see you all in the next! ❤

X O X O
JANE DOE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 41.2K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...
67.9K 1.6K 20
After two years of smooth sailing at your dream job in the big city, a disastrous morning at your favourite coffee shop changes the course you had so...
199K 6.7K 41
Sequel/Part 2 to Fire and Flames !! Read part 1 before proceeding to this or else it won't make any sense! Zephyr and Athena were finally able to see...
4.2K 173 7
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...