THE CURSED - s.harrington βœ“

By davinasgirlfriend

(EDITING) 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Steve Harrington starts falling for an old friend who's also the little sister of h... More

Introduction
Prologue
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTHEEN
FIVETEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
authors note

FOURTEEN

333 15 23
By davinasgirlfriend

S4 x E01 — The Hellfire Club

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

——

There rarely were times Melanie wanted to absolutely kill her school. But today was one of them, as she graduated last year she was about to look for colleges. Then Billy died, and her dad left. Leaving her alone with Max and Max's mom who is now her legal guardian.

Billy's dead impacted the two girls more then anyone ever expected it too. Max had stopped talking to most people, isolating herself from them including Lucas. Melanie had broken up with Steve and gotten a minor addiction to human blood, in her opinion it was a small thing. But everyone got worried more and more each day.

But back to school, turned out her school had made a mistake and she actually didn't graduate by one point. So she was back in highschool, where she made two new friends. Eddie Munson & Chrissy Cunningham. Melanie was currently getting ready for the pep rally to end the school year.

——

Steve was in the car with Robin on they're way to the pep rally. Robin was needed there for band and Steve took every excuse possible to be near Melanie. Plus he also had agreed to meet up with a girl there.

"Then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college. Do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than heartbreak? I mean, I don't know. Does that make sense to you? Robin, are you listening?"

"Uh, yes."

"What did I just say?"

"Something about heartbreak with Linda. No, I'm talking about Heidi."

"Cut me some slack, please. Well... Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7:00 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse."

"You're worried about a pep rally? Expect me to believe that?"

"Yeah? So?"

"So we both know what this is about. Not buying that. This is about Vickie."

"Absolutely not."

"It is. You know what else?"

"I don't care..."

"You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself."

"You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that."

"Maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that?"

"I listened. Look at me. Boom. Back in business."

"It's not the same thing. Okay?"

"Well..."

"You ask out a girl and she says no. Big deal. Nothing happens. Maybe your ego's a little bruised. I ask out the wrong girl, and bam, I'm a town pariah."

"I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl."

"We just don't know that, do we? She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds. Know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds? People who like boobies, Robin."

"Ew! Gross. Don't say boobies."

"Boobies. Not a big deal, okay? I like boobies. You like boobies. Vickie likes boobies. Definitely. It's boobies!"

They arrived at the school parking lot. Steve parking and Robin ran out the car joining the other members of the school band.

——

Everyone was sat in the gym after a while. Melanie next to Max, who was sat next to Dustin and Mike.

Eddie was nowhere to be seen, which wasn't a suprise to Melanie. Pep rally's were not something for him. Chrissy was on the floor with the cheerleading team while Melanie put on a fake a smile cheering for her bestfriend.

Melanie saw Steve walk in with a girl taking a seat on the bleachers. She tried ignoring it, understanding that he is moving on. It had been months, and she just dumped him out of nowwhere he had a right to move on was all she thought.

There was a reason, she got addicted to human blood. And she didn't want Steve to know cause she was scared that he might despise her then. So she broke up with him. Not aware that he was fully aware of her addiction, same for the rest of the group.

The basketball team came running in the gym floor. Jason with a microphone in his hand about to make an announcement, "First off... Hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand."

Cheering is heard around the gym, "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad. Chrissy... Chrissy, I love you, babe."

Melanie gagged in disgust knowing Jason wasn't worth her attention. Jason continued when it was quiet again, "You know... I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss."

Melanie shifted uncomfortably thinking of Billy and her dad abandoning her, Max noticed and gave her a smile which she returned. Both girls had isolated themselves from most people except eachother, it was really all they needed to be fair.

"And sometimes I wonder, How much loss can one community take? In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, Think of Jack. Think of Melissa. Think of Heather. Think of Billy. Think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper."

A few people turned to Max and Melanie after the mention of Billy. Knowing that was a bit too far. Melanie was this close to go on the gym floor and beat the voice out of Jason. How dare he mention Billy and Hopper for a basketball game? Did he not realize there were people griefing?

"Think about every one of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for? For us to lose to some... some crap school? No.

The crowd shouted back, "No!

lFor us to return home with our heads hung low in defeat? Let's win this game. Let's win this game for them. And that's exactly what we did!"

The crowd all starts cheering, "We embarrassed those candy-asses in their own house, and now tonight, tonight, we're gonna bring home the championship trophy! Let's go!"

Melanie walked out as soon as the pep rally was done, Chrissy walking next to her. Steve wanted to try and talk to her but was stopped when his date continued talking to him.

——

Melanie was about to walk into the counselor room when Chrissy walked out looking sad. She didn't even know that Chrissy went to the counselor. She was about to stop her but the counselor was at the door waiting Melanie. She made a mental note to talk to her bestfriend later.

She sat down in the room and the counselor immediately started they're talk, "C in English and a C-minus in Spanish."

"Yeah."

"Well, that's not normal for you. Last year u had great grades for your language classes.."

"If you say so."

"How's your step mom holding up?"

"She's fine. I mean, she hates our new place, which is, like... Yeah, it's terrible, but... She's fine."

"Is she still drinking?"

"Like, yeah, a little, but... Well, she's working two jobs. So, it's not easy."

"It must not be easy for you either with your dad gone."

"It's kind of better, honestly."

"Better how?"

"He was an asshоlе. So, there's less assholery."

"Are you sleeping better?"

"Yeah, fine."

"No more headaches? Nightmares?"

Melanie zones out for a second remembering the night of Billy's death. Flashes of the mindflayer and Billy dieing go through her vision.

"Nope."

"Melanie? What you've been through, what you're still going through, it's a lot for anyone. And it's okay to not be okay. But I can only help you if you're truthful, if you open up to me."

"Yeah, I... I know. I'm... I'm being open. I'm being open."

Melanie walked out of the counselor office after scheduling a new appointment. Steve was outside waiting for her, looking down at the floor. She looked at him confused, why was he here. It's not like he has school? But then again he was at the pep rally and after the pep rally she immediately went to the counselor office.

Melanie tried turning away hoping he didn't notice that Melanie saw him yet. "Mel, hey."

Melanie scoffed, "Are you stalking me or something?"

"Oh, no, I... I just wanted to give you this." He says handing her a necklace.

"What is this?"

"A necklace. I know you and I aren't a thing anymore but I bought this for u a while back and was never able to give it,
it's kind of a big deal. I got it at this weird store and the lady says that if u give it to someone u can always know if they're alright."

Melanie scoffed. She used to believe in this, but she changed alot after Billy's death. "A big deal? Steve, you really believe in this?" She says taking the necklace anyways.

"Yeah, I... I do. Maybe you should find something to believe in too."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It's like you're not even here anymore. It's... It's like you're a ghost or something."

"A ghost? Really?"

"Melanie, I know something's going on."

"Yeah, right. Something must be wrong with me because I broke up with you."

"No. No, that... that's not what I meant."

"Steve, look, people just change, okay? That's it. I've changed. It's that simple."

She walks into the ladies bathroom not letting Steve answer. Melanie her breathing gets shaky as she hasn't fed in a while. She gets the pills out of her bag, swallowing one. She didn't know what they were, but whatever it was it helped with her headaches and blood thirst.

A girl is heard coughing in one of the stalls making Melanie turn around. Suddenly the sound of someone vomiting is heard, "Hey, are you all right?"

"Yeah... Yes, I'm... I'm fine."

Melanie recognized it as Chrissy voice but she didn't want to let Chrissy know that she knew who she was, "Okay, um... You're sure?"

"Please, just go away." The toilet flushes Melanie sighs and leaves the bathroom.

——

It was currently lunch time. Melanie was standing at Chrissy her table talking to her for a second asking if she's alright. After Chrissy assured her she was fine she walked off over to the hellfire table. She honestly couldn't care less that Chrissy's friends didn't like her because she hung around with freaks. Chrissy liked Melanie for her and that was all that mattered.

As she comes closer to they're table she can hear Eddie talk in a deep voice, "The Devil has come to America. Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even... Murder."

Melanie shakes her head laughing and takes a seat at the table. Eddie looked up at her from his magazine smiling.

"Hello, my favorite person!"

Melanie shook her head laughing at her friend. After having small talk with the table Dustin and Mike joined, taking a seat next to Melanie.

"Society has to blame something. We're an easy target."

"Exactly. We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game. But as long as you're into band or science..." Eddie said getting up on the table.

"...or parties or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets..."

"You want something, freak?" Jason said said yelling. Melanie rolled her eyes at Jason.

Eddie stuck out his tounge at Jason while making his hands look like horns next to his head. Eddie chuckles, "It's forced conforming. That's what's..."

He jumps off the table shouting scaring someone in the meantime, "killing the kids!"

The table chuckles, "That's the real monster." Eddie says taking his seat again.

"So, uh, speaking of monsters, uh, Lucas has to do his, uh, balls-in-laundry-baskets game. So..." Dustin says chuckling nervously, "...he's not gonna be able to make it to Hellfire tonight. And I know there's no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him. So, me and Mike, we were talking, shooting the shit, and we were thinking that maybe we might..."

"Postpone."

Melanie blocks the conversation from her head as the group starts discussing about the campaign tonight.

——

Dustin was currently calling Steve one of they're last options to use as a sub for the campaign tonight, "Just move your date this one time. Come on."

"What, to hang out with you and Eddie the freak Munson? Uh, yeah, I'll pass."

"You're just jealous cause I have another older male friend and because he's super close with Melanie."

"Ew. Ugh. Whatever. Besides, I mean, I really dig this girl. I think that she could... Who knows, she could be the one."

"What? The one to sleep with until Melanie wants u back."

Steve pretends to have not heard that last comment, "Oh, I got some customers. Call you back. Bye."

"No, you can't. I'm at..." A disconnect tone is heard, "...school."

Dustin walks off before putting up his middle fingers. Dustin tries asking Melanie and Max

"If we play, do we get one of those cool T-shirts?" Max asks.

Dustin laughs, "Yes."

"Really?" Melanie says sarcastically with a shocked face.

"Everyone gets a T-shirt. We make 'em ourselves, and if you..." Dustin notices they're voices, "You guys are being sarcastic."

They don't respond so he turns to Melanie, "You being sarcastic?"

The two sisters walk off leaving a defeated Dustin, "They were being sarcastic."

After they're conversation with Dustin Max goes back inside. While Melanie goes to the woods, the place where she always goes to get her drugs from Eddie.

Yes she knew it was bad, but it was all that helpt against the headaches, nightmares, bloodthirst and even seeing stuff. She all blamed it on her new addiction but she knew there was something more to it.

She finally made it into the woods and started breathing heavily in fright as she saw another clock. This time it burst open spiders crawling out. Recently she saw that clock alot, she was sure it was just her imagination and nothing else.

She walked backwards jumping up when she hit someone's chest. "Whoa, hey, hey, hey. Sorry."

Melanie turned around seeing Eddie. But she wasn't laughing she was terrified actually, "Didn't mean to scare you. You okay?" Melanie turned back to the tree were the clock was but it was gone now.

Eddie goes to sit down letting his box with drugs hit the table, "There's, uh... There's nothing to worry about. Okay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe. I promise."

Melanie her leg started bouncing as she sat down. Her thirst becoming heavier and heavier. She tried to avoid drinking human blood as much as she could, cause once she did she couldn't stop.

This had ended with her already killing a few random homeless people, she didn't want the police to get suspicious so she tried to get the thirst down with drugs and animal blood, but it didn't cut it enough and one of these days she was gonna explode again and kill a random person or worse someone she knew.

"I'll do you a half ounce for, uh... 20. What do you say? Plenty of bang for your buck. Should last a while."

Melanie gasped as she heard a sound. Turning around she was relieved seeing it was just a squirrel. Eddie noticing how Melanie was uncomfortable, "Hey, uh, we don't need to do this again. Just give me the word and I'll walk away. Okay?"

"It's not that. I don't want you to go. It's just... Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?" Eddie turned his head slightly with a sad look on his face knowing what she meant.

A few weeks ago when Melanie was high she accidentally told Eddie about her being a vampire, and then before she knw it she also spilled everything about her headaches and seeing stuff, even her addiction.

She didn't really except it but Eddie was weirdly chill about it, maybe because he was high or because he knew her too well to know she would never hurt him he was cool with it and that's all that counted for Melanie.

"Um, you know, just... on a daily basis. I feel like I'm losing my mind right now doing a drug deal with Melanie Hargrove, the blonde barbie vampire of Hawkins high."

Melanie laughed at his nickname for her, "You know, this isn't the first time that we've, had this conversation. No? You don't remember?"

"I'm sorry. I..."

"That's okay." Melanie gasps as Eddie throws himself back pretending to be stabbed, "I wouldn't remember me either, Melanie. Honestly, do I have stuff in my hair?"

Melanie chuckles, "You don't remember?"

"I'm sorry." Melanie says laughing. Eddie takes a seat again and the two talk for a while. Not aware that soon they would lose this friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 27.4K 61
"i'm on a roll this time i feel my luck could change." ❀︎︎❀︎︎❀︎︎ steve harrington x fem oc stranger things s1 - s4
12.3K 321 24
❝sometimes I feel like if I start crying, I'll just never stop.❞ stranger things steve harrington x female oc season 4
92.3K 1.7K 21
Hating someone can be hard work. Especially when you don't actually hate them Or In which an overly sarcastic, closed off girl, can't seem to hide he...
53.4K 1.5K 18
Billy has a change of heart. He finds that he has new feelings towards Steve Harrington. But, what happens when Steve is abruptly taken from him by t...