Until The End

By x_csmia

Until when will she suffer from this misery and pain? Are you going to keep your promise to her until the end? More

Simula
Anniversary
Birthday Surprise
Disaster
Oh Baby
CVSAB
Mommy
Reality
Date
Forgotten
Frozen
Note: La Familia Araneta
Interview
Launch
Serene
Ilocos
Deja Vu
Hero
Chaos
The Talk
Home
Promise
Wakas
Hello!
Afterwords.

PYSB

1.6K 69 25
By x_csmia

The flash mob happened, Bong's birthday happened, Irene's birthday happened, and still, Serene was still so distant to all of them. She greeted Irene through a text message as she needed to fly back to Manila. Her school needs her presence. As she walks through the hallway, someone calls her.

"Madam president!" She heard. She looked back and saw Lucas waving. She smiled and went to him.

"Hmm?" she asked as Lucas hugged her tightly.

"Namiss kita!" he happily said. She hugged him and caressed his back.

"Magkausap tayo araw araw. Ikaw talaga." She chuckled.

"Nga pala, pinapatawag ka ni Sir Cortez. Lahat ng officers nandun na. Tayo nalang kulang."

"Oh shoot! Ok, let's go." she uttered. They both went to the office.

"Miss Beltran, good to see you again." Alex smiled as he welcomed her.

"Likewise, sir." she just smiled and sat down besides Lucas.

"Ok, we are just waiting for our guest, and we'll start." Alex stated as he went out.

"Ate Venice namiss ka namin!" A lower grade level member happily uttered.

"Namiss din ni ate mga babies niya!" They all squealed. Minutes passed, and the door opened, revealing Alex together with his guest

"Alright, everyone. Introducing our guest, please welcome Mrs. Irene A. Beltran. PYSB instructor and GAU's new board member." Alex stated. Everyone stood up and greeted her. On the other hand, Serene was stuck to her seat. She was shocked. Lucas tapped her that made her stand.

"Good morning, Mrs. Beltran!" everyone stated, including Serenity.

"Good morning, kids! Take your seats, na." Irene smiled. As they took their seats, Alex grabbed Serene and Lucas with him and took them in front.

"As all of you know, our school is known for having the best photojournalism students." Alex started that gained some reactions from the students.

"Sus kami lang to sir."

"Ehem ehem."

"Tabi andito kami guys."

"Wiwit!"

They all laughed.

"So, PYSB decided to partner up with GAU for our upcoming event. We needed the best photographers, and you guys are our top choice." Irene said

"As you see, the student council is teamed up with the photojournalism students. You guys will be divided into two groups. Group 1 would be with us for 5 days in Mt. Makiling, while the other group would stay here in Manila to prepare PICC." she added.

"Maam kasama na po kayo sa Mt. Makiling?" a student asked.

"Dati, pabalik balik ako sa Manila. Ngayon, hindi na. As my schedule is full and kailangan bantayan ang student as their performance will be next week na." she smiled

"Take me with you, po." the student answered back that made her chuckle.

Serene was just looking at him and secretly rolled her eyes that caught Irene's attention. She grinned.

Someone's being jelly, huh?

"Ginroup na kayo ni Sir Alex ninyo. Together with asking for your parent's consent, ginawa na niya." Irene said.

"So for group 1, Serenity Beltran and Lucas De Zobel will be your team captains." Alex stated. He stated their members, but Serene seemed to not absorb anything. She'll be with her Mom? Why?

"Miss President!" she heard Alex snapping her.

"Huh?"

"You're zoning out since you came. You ok, nak?" Irene looked at her.

"Opo." She nodded and looked at Lucas.

"Clear na ha? Tomorrow for group 1, call time would be 9:30 am. You guys behave their with your Ms. Irene. I would be with group 2. Serene, Lucas, help your Ma'am Irene ha?"

"Yes, sir." They said.

"Ok, meeting adjourned. Bring your essentials. Food and water would be provided for you guys."

"Yes, sir." the kids said before going out.

Serene and Lucas were about to go out when Alex spoke again.

"You two, stay here may pag uusapan tayo." They sat down again and waited for Alex to speak again.

"As I've stated, you guys are the team captains. You'll be the one who'll help your colleagues with things, ok? Serene, you know the rules and regulations there, am I right?"

"Opo."

"Ok, then you'll guide them. Lucas, you'll be the one who'll make sure if they are ok doon. I'll be providing first aid kits to you guys. Do you guys have my number, diba?"

"Yes, sir."

"Serene, do you still have your Ms. Irene's number?"

"O-opo."

"Ok, minemake sure ko lang para in case of emergency meron tayong contact sa isa't isa."

"All set na tayo. Yung money niyo, kunin niyo saakin bukas." they nodded.

"Take care, ok? Lucas ikaw na bahala sa Serenity mo." he teased. Serenity frowned, and Lucas chuckled.

"Opo, sir." Lucas said that made Serene slap his arm.

"Hmm! Sige na. Ingat sa paguwi."

"Ingat sir, salamat po!"

"Ma'am una na po kami." Lucas said.

"Psst, Serenity paalam ka kay Ma'am Irene." Alex said in a teasing tone.

"Sir." she sighed.

"Bilis na." Alex said as he looked at Irene. 

"Mauna na po kami, Ma'am. Lika na hoy!" She said and ran out, which made them shake their heads.

As they went out, Serene sighed.

"Kung minamalas ka nga naman!" she said and stomped her feet. Lucas just chuckled.

"Sabay na tayo bumili ng essentials?" Lucas asked.

"Yep! Lika na."

As they went to the mall, they've picked only what they needed. Amenities, water, extra snacks, and some of their personal needs. They went home the moment they were done shopping to pack their things. They still have an early call time. Even though it is just a 52-minute drive, they still don't know the Manila traffic. 

The next day...

Everyone was complete in the school now as their meeting place is at GAU.

"Ok, kids, be good with your Ma'am Irene ok? Also, to your ate Venice and kuya Lucas."

"Opo!"

"Update me from time to time, kids." Alex stated to his team leaders.

"Yes, sir."

"Oh sige na, akyat na." Alex instructed his students. 

"May 3 seats may 2 seats diyan. Occupy the seats sa likod muna." he added. When all students were inside, Lucas and Serene were left with Alex as he gave him his last words.

"Ingat ha? Irene, ikaw na bahala."

"Yes, Alex. Thank you again!" Irene said and smiled. 

She was the first one who went on the bus. She was sitting in the 3 seats beside the window. When Serene and Lucas went in, they were surprised as they had already planned to sit at the two seater seats. But they were reminded by Alex to always stay beside Irene to assist her. With no choice, Serene was sitted beside Irehe while Lucas was about to sit beside her when the driver spoke.

"Iho, sira ang upuan na yan. Kakacheck lang kanina hindi pa pala naayos. Ayos ka lang ba kung mag isa ka muna dun sa kabila?" Serenity looked at Lucas. She was cutely frowning. 

"Ganoon po ba manong? Sige po, salamat po sa pagsabi." Lucas uttered and sat at the other side. Serene sighed heavily and wore her airpods. 

Paano ba ako napunta sa sitwasyong ito?

30 minutes of traveling, the two of them were quiet while the kids were chattering. Irene was just looking at the window when she felt something heavy on her shoulder. It was her Serenity who was sleeping. She smiled. She gently got her scarf in her bag and placed it to her daughter. She fixed it's position, and kissed her forehead. She was just holding her head to refrain from falling. 

"I love you." she uttered and caressed her face. As she placed her head to Serene's, she fell asleep. This was seen by Lucas and decided to take a picture.

45 minutes passed, and they reached Mt. Makiling. Irene, who was already awake, hugged her daughter. 

"Nak, anak ko gising na. Nandito na po tayo." Irene gently whispered. Good thing her daughter's airpods were already removed before they even fell asleep.

"Baby, halika na anak." Irene uttered once more as Serene woke p.

"Hmmm?"

"Nandito na tayo." Irene said. As Serene opened her eyes, she was startled with her position.

"Ayna! Hala! Sorry po ma'am, I am sorry." Serene said in a panic and stood up.

"It's ok, anak. Kinuha na ni Lucas gamit natin. Halika na." Serene hurriedly went down and was welcomed by Lucas.

"Sarap ba tulog mo kay tita?" Lucas asked the moment Serene went down. 

"Gagu!" she frowned.

"No cursing." Irene gently said. Serene didn't bother to look back as she went straight inside. Lucas assisted Irene in going down.

"May picture po kayo saakin, saan ko po sesend?"

"Pinicturan mo talaga kami iho."

"Hehe, cute niyo po kasing dalawa kanina."

"Send mo nalang sa email ko."

"Sige po, mamaya."

As they both entered, they were shocked as the students were just there seating and waiting for the person who would assist them.

"Hello, kids!" A woman welcomed them. Serenity was behind her.

"I am your ate Aika, ate Aiks for short. I am the one who organized this event. So welcome to Mt. Makiling! And welcome to the PYSB family." she introduced. She stated every rule and regulation there.

"So before you start, I will let you team up for your rooms, na. Follow me, po." she smiled and went ahead.

As they finished teaming up, Serene was the only
one who doesn't have any group.

"Ate Aiks? Saan po ako mag roroom? Puno na po ata lahat." Serene asked as no one teamed up with her even Lucas, who was with the boys.

"Naku beh, wala na pong available room. Pwede naman kayo mag share ni Ms. Irene. Ok lang yon, Madam?"

"No!" Serenity uttered.

"Sure." Irene nonchalantly said.

Eyes were on them.

"Ok na po ako sa sofa nalang po ako kasama mga bata. Diba, no?" She asked the kids, smiling awkwardly.

"No, it's ok. The room is too big for me, too. Mahihirapan ka sa sofa, matangkad ka nak. Saakin nalang siya mag room." she grinned.

"Ha?"

"Oo beh, yung sofa pang isang upuan lang." Aika added.

They planned this. It was all planned.

"Ok, so pahinga muna kayo. By 12pm lunch na tapos diretso practice na ha."

"Opo!"

All of them went to their respective rooms, including Irene and Serenity. Serene was having a hard time carrying her stuff. As she is bringing her photography things, she also brings her essentials and some snacks and drinks for her team.

As Irene was just holding her bag as her things were carried by Lucas. Irene gently grabbed her daughter's photography things.

"I'll carry this na, anak." Irene softly said as she carried the bag.

"Hala. Kaya ko po, akin na po mabigat din po yan." she said. She doesn't like her Mom carrying heavy stuff. You know, aging.

"Magaan lang anak, sige na halika na." She smiled and guided her daughter to her room. She opened the door and let her daughter go in first.

"Salamat po." she uttered. When Serene lay her stuff on the couch, she looked at the bed. It was a king-sized bed.

"Ah shit." she said in her mind.

"Sa lapag nalang po ako ah? Isang kama lang po pala nandito, Ma'am." she said. Irene looked at her, sadly.

"Bakit pa anak? Kasya naman tayo dito oh. Please anak, kahit dito nalang makasama man lang kita." Irene said, nearly crying.

"Makikita po nila. Makakahalata sila, Miss."

"So? Let them be."

"Let them be?"

"Hayaan mong malaman nilang anak kita."

"Parang hindi mo naman ako dineny noon." she whispered, which Irene heard. Irene just smiled and fixed her things. Silence eloped the place as they were arranging stuffs. 12 came and they were called for lunch. 

Things were ok for them. Not until night came. Serene was so distant to Irene that she slept not facing Irene and was so far away from her. Irene was ok with that not until Serene kept on uttering words.

"Mama Imee I miss you." she whispered. Irene's heart shattered. She shrugged it off.

"I deserve this." she said as she tucked her baby girl in.

Day 2.

All of them were busy, but Irene was focusing on someone. Irene's co - instructor just captured her daughter's heart. 

"Ma'am, naman eh! Hahahaha!" she heard her daughter. She was jealous. She was so jealous that she was getting annoyed with minor mistakes.

"Isa pa! It's a G not an E. Ano ba naman yan." she calmly said.

"Tugtog." she uttered. Serene was just enjoying the presence of the teacher. They were talking to each other in a low voice, they sounded so happy. They were silently laughing, when Irene snapped.

"Miss Beltran, if you'll be noisy there kindly go out. Miss Romualdez, you are an instructor yourself. Where is your consideration?" she asked. They were both shocked.

"M-ma'am I was just a-asking Miss Romualdez about t-the upcoming event po." Serene defended herself.

"Hindi ba pwede yan mamaya? Nag ppractice sila oh." she scarily said.

"S-sorry po." Serene said and bowed her head. She smiled at Ophelia and ran away.

Irene felt guilty. She sighed heavily and gestured the kids to play again.

Throughout that day, Serene never looked at Irene. She took a bath and slept first without even minding Irene.

Day 3

Serene was still so distant with Irene. It was 5 am when she woke up. She looked at Irene who was facing her. She looks like she cried. Serene didn't mind and went up. She did her morning routine before going out. She made herself some coffee and went to see the morning view. She sighed.

"Lalim nun." Someone said behind her. 

"Aga mo naman." she replied. It was Lucas.

"Wala eh, namamahay parin." Serene nodded. They were both silent. 

"Why do you enjoy being alone?" Lucas started to ask as he sat beside Serene.

"Kasi ever since my friends betrayed me unexpectedly, tapos si Mommy ginanon ganon ako ginanon ba naman ako. I realized I only have myself. My person, betrayed me. People come and go. It's their choice if they'll stay or not." she paused.

"Ok na ako, na meron akong ikaw. I have my brothers with me and my cousins. I have my Tita Imee with me. My Mama Meldy. Ok na siguro ako don. Masakit mabetray Lucas. Masakit dito oh." she pointed her chest.

"Mahapdi siya. Si Mommy kahapon, alam ko namang naiinggit siya. Pwede naman kaming maging ganon, kaso hindi eh. Hindi ako galit sa Mommy ko. Masama lang loob ko. Ang dali niyang sabihing hayaan ko nalang sila na isiping magina kami eh 2 besesn naman niya ako dineny sa madaming tao. Ang daming beses na tinanggi niya ako." she teared up.

"Gabi gabi iniisip ko paano kaya if pinakilala ako ni Mommy? Siguro masaya ako. Siguro kung paano siya sa mga bata ganun din siya saakin. Siguro hindi ako nangungulila sa pagmamahal  niya." she added.

"Tita loves you, Serene. She do. Kapag kinukwento ka niya saakin, punong puno ng pagmamahal."

"Kwentong hanggang sayo lang. Sakit magmahal ng nanay ko, Lucas." she chortled.

"Anyway highway, ang aga pa para sa drama. Halika, gusto ko magluto. Tulong tayo." Serene said as she stood up and went in.

Unbeknownst to their knowledge, someone heard them. Someone was breaking because of what she heard. 

Things seemed to be back to normal. They were now outdoors, that worried Irene. Serene was so happy chasing and running together with the kids. 

"Ate Serene, taya ka eh!" 

"Balik taya!" Serene exclaimed. She giggled and run. Seeing her happy, makes Irene happy. 

"Ok kids, balik na sa loob! Mag ayos na kayo. Practice na ulit tayo." Ophelia announced. 

Serene smiled. She was going to their room when she felt something odd. But as she thought that she was ok, she now felt a hard time breathing. 

"O-ok, inhale exhale." she calmed herself down. She was doing breathing exercises like how Irene taught her. She can't really breathe anymore that makes her tear up.

"M-mommy." she whispered. She was feeling so weak. She felt her knees being so weak and was about to fall down when someone held her tightly.

"Mommy's here. Halika na anak." Irene appeared as she held her daughter. She was almost carrying her. Irene was caressing her chest at the same time kissing her forehead.

"T-they'll see you, Ma." Serene weakly said as they went in the room. Irene made her sit down as she got her inhaler.

"I don't care. I am your mother. I would do what is right, and that is to take care of you." Irene said as she assisted her daughter with the inhaler. She was monitoring her. It was almost 5 minutes and Serene still was in an uncomfortable position. 

Inhaler seemed to not work for Serene this time that was noticed by Irene.

"Teka ha, your inhaler is not helping. Iseset up lang ni Mommy ang nebulizer ha? Wait, mo ako anak." Irene told her as she kissed her forehead. Irene was like the flash for Serene. She was moving so fast just for her comfort. 

"Here, mahal. Kapag hindi parin ikaw ok, itatakbo na kita sa ospital." Irene said as Serene was using the nebulizer. 

Minutes passed, Serene felt better. Irene told Ophelia she can't assist the students and explained that there was a "Mommy Duty Emergency."

"You feeling better? Hmm?" Irene asked her. Serene nodded. Irene just smiled and lay down beside her. 

"Next time anak, wag masyado mag tatatakbo please. You almost fainted kanina. Hmm?" Irene said as she caressed her face. Serene just nodded and took the opportunity to hug her Mom tight.

"You will always be my home, Mommy." she uttered before she went to the land of sleep.

Irene's heart melted. She hugged her tighter but gently. 

"You will always be Mommy's constant and anchor, anak. I love you, and God knows how much I love you." She uttered as she kissed her lips. She hummed her a lullaby and slept with her.

Author's Note:
2857 words! Bawing bawi na me ha? Hahahaha! Sorry for the very late update mga mahal ko. Super busy lang. Mang gghost ako ulit ha? Sorry talaga. Sorry for the very boring update and sa mga typographical errors. Thank you for your patience guys! Love love kayo ni Rie! See you on the next update! Also, please support my story "The Other Side of Reality - One Shot Stories I'll be posting random ideas there. Yon lang!

- Rie 🌷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 9.3K 135
Will she ever feels the kind of love she's longing for?
534 6 24
"I will never leave you," he promised. PROMISE (n.) \'prä-məs\ - a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified Promises...
13.2K 248 33
"All I know is that it hurts. Looking at her hurts. It always has, it always will. I just want it to stop."
982 84 28
"You won't ever leave me right?", she asked, scared. She was scared that her last string of happiness might fade away, if she did not hold on to him...