Promise

They were all so busy with Irene's launching. Serene was in Irene's office as she volunteered herself to help her mom and brother. She was in charge of the event designs.

"Kuya paki akyat pa para pantay." She instructed.

"Manang mana ka talaga sa Mommy mo, Ma'am Serene! Ang galing galing!" Kali, Irene's assistant, said.

"Bolera ka po! Drop the Ma'am ate Kali. Eww!" Serene said and laughed. Irene and Luis was too busy to check the events place.

"Naku! Ikaw talaga. Nga pala, tawag ka ni Mommy mo. Sabi niya last meal mo kaninang breakfast niyo. Light meal pa daw yon." Kali said.

"Ha? Anong oras na po ba?"

"2:30 na." Kali said. Serene was shocked. She did not feel any hunger.

"Ha?! Hindi po ako nakaramdam ng gutom eh."

"Parehas talaga kayo ni Mommy mo. Ganyang ganyan. Pinapasundo ka niya saakin. Mag swap daw muna kayo ni Kuya Luis mo." Serene nodded.

"Mga kuya, kakain lang po ako. pinapatawag po ako ni Madam." She said as she bid goodbye. They all laughed.

As they were approching Irene's office, Serene felt the hunger.

"Ngayon ko lang po naramdaman na gutom ako. Si mommy po kumain na?"

"Hindi pa. Kakarating lang ng inorder niyang pagkain. Kumain ka ng madami ha?" Kali said. Serene nodded. As they entered her office, Irene was still facing her computer.

"Hey! Kung di ka pa susunduin, di ka kakain." Luis said. Serene gave him a peace sign that made him chuckle. Irene looked at them and smiled.

"Thank you, Kali. Come here baby, kain muna tayo." Irene said as she prepared the foods.

"Kallista, samahan mo na kami here." Irene said.

"Busog pa po ako, Ma'am. Kain na po muna kayo." Kali smiled before going out. Serene and Irene ate as they talk about the upcoming event.

"Are your nervous, Mom?" Serene asked.

"Nope. Why anak?"

"Wala lang. I mean this will be your biggest launch after what? 13, 14 years?"

"This one will be special."

"Why?"

"Basta." Irene smiled.

"Anyways, your Dad told me that he will fetch us today pala."

"Really?"

"Yes anak, we'll eat dinner outside."

"Huh? Mom, sa public? Kasama ako? Ninyo? No." Serene said as she put her utensils down.

"Why not?" Irene asked as she reached for her daughter's hand.

"Mom, your launch will be tomorrow na. Maiissue kayo. Hindi na. Pang takeout niyo nalang ako."

"Nope. And? Let them be. Basta magdidinner tayo together ok? Don't worry anymore, we got you this time." Irene smiled as she caressed her hand. Serene just sighed.

Dinner came and they really did go into a public place. Wala pa ngang isang oras, may litrato na silang kumakalat eh.

"Mom, please. Uuwi na ko. May launch ka bukas." Serene whispered. Irene smiled and shook her head.

"Let them be. Hayaan mo lang sila. Let's just enjoy our dinner." Irene said. Serene's getting conscious with the people. They did not mind them and continued eating and bonding.

Fast forward...

All of them were busy as they were now preparing to go to the launch. Its motif was modern filipiniana. Serene just finished doing her hair and make-up while Irene was being styled by her glam team. When she went to her Mom's room to get her gown, she was shocked.