Forgotten

Things happened, the relationship of Irene and Serene are slowly getting better. They thought it was now getting better. Tama nga sila, laging mali ang akala. Ang mga akala nakakasakit. Ang mga akala nakaka matay.

It was a week before Serenity's birthday and she already told her Mom her plans.

"Basta Mommy I'll cook tapos kain tayo here ah?" Serene said while drinking the coffee Irene bought her before coming home.

"Of course baby love! Promise ko yan. What gift do you want?"

"Nothing. Just spend the day with me Mommy." Serene said. Irene's heart melted because of that. She motioned Serene to come to her and hugged her tight.

"You're gonna be 12 na?! Jusko anak konti nalang 13 ka naaaaa! May teenager na ang Mommy." She said while her daughter is sitting on her lap facing her.

"Haha! Can't stop time from growing Mommy." Irene pouted that made her daughter chuckle. Serene kissed her Mom's lips and placed her head to its chest.

"My forever baby." Irene said and kissed her forehead. 

........................

March 15 came and Serenity got down early seeing no one. Her Mom is in PYSB, her dad is out of town, and her brothers are no where to be found.

"Ok Serenity, for sure nandito sila kuya at mommy mamaya kasi nag promise sila." she sadly said as she went out. 

Arriving at her school she saw her brothers at the gate holding some flowers and breakfast.

"Kuyaaaaaaaaaa!" she squealed. 

"Happy birthday baby ko!" Alfy said and kissed her forehead.

"Happy birthday bunso!" Luis said and hugged her.

"Halaaa akala ko nalimutan niyo kuya!" Serenity said as she covered her mouth as she was very kilig with the gesture of her Kuya's.

"Nakakaiinis magtatampo na sana ako sainyo tapos may pa ganito. Edi nawala tampo ko? I love you mga kuya. Thank you!" 

"Ano ka ba bunso, gagawin namin lahat para sayo no. Answered prayer ka kaya namin. Kaya pumasok ka na baka malate ka na. We lofve you. Enjoy your day okay? Sige na."

"I appreciate this, Thank you ulit. See you later!" She said as she waved goodbye.

Hours passed and it was time to go home. Serenity hurriedly went home kasi magluluto siya. Yes, she will cook for her and her Mom. The moment she stepped her shoe at her house she hurriedly changed her clothes and went to the kitchen to cook.

"Oh iha, kami na diyan birthday na birthday mo eh."

"Hindi na manang konti lang naman lulutuin ko ano lang naman po lasagna, rotisserie chicken, and cookies lang naman po lulutuin ko."

"Oh siya tawagin mo lang ako pag kailangan po ng tulong ha?"

"Opo." 

She cooked for about 3 hours and it is now 6:30pm. She was done taking a bath and was just getting ready when she received a message from her dad. 

"Happy birthday, darling! Dad will make it up to you ok? I'll be going home tomorrow. I love you so much darling you are the best thing we received since 12 years ago."

"Aw dad! Thank you! I miss you so much daddy! See you the day after tomorrow! I love you too! Take care ikaw diyan dad!"

She replied and turned off her phone she hurriedly went down to wait for her Mom. 

7:45 came and there were no signs of Irene. She tried messaging her Mom. Her brothers arrived and have eaten an hour ago but also went up as they were so tired too.