My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Taking A Decision

271 10 0
By MadeenahJunaid

“What? It’s a lie, right? If it’s a joke, stop it!” A single tear rolled down Eliana’s eyes as she stressed the last word. “Why! Why would you do this to me?”

“Creatures like you killed thousands of humans. Devouring on our flesh as if it were nothing. Not only do people kill people, Miss Werewolf! Aristotle missed a specimen like you!” He

“One of who? I don’t get you, Jack! I killed no one!” Her rapid heartbeats disturbed her burning chest in the pressure.

Her blood surged through her veins like heavy lightning. Blood thirst filled her throat but she pulled back the urge to feed. Yet, Eliana was unable to completely take form. She gritted her teeth in anger, with her fist tightening into a ball.

“Really? Because if you’re a werewolf, as you claimed. You killed the guy in the motel. He was the last of them, a witness. I never believed it until I saw your wounds heal. I am going to tell the entire world about you! Finally, I’ll put an end to your curse! The press is on their way here. I also called a mythologist and zoologist to come and pick you up! There’s a camera recording you right now.” He pointed.

“W... What!” her lips stuttered.

“Once you make a full confession of those you’ve killed, I’ll let you out.”

“No, No, no... You can’t!” She stormed. The air from her breath made the transparent glass, blurry.

An evil smirk graced his lips. Then it curved into a satisfied smile. Jack was staring into her soul through the mirrored door as more tears threatened to pour out of her eyes.

“Why are you doing this to me? You’re unfair!” Eliana pulled back and gazed up at the CCTV camera planted at the ceiling. It was recording her. Only goodness knows how long.

“Getting a promotion is exciting!” Jack giggled, blowing her a kiss from outside. Then he placed his hands into his pocket, like a boss, and walked away.

“No, no! Let me go!” Eliana called back, but Jack paid her no listening ears.

She kicked on the door, and it cracked. She folded her alms into a tight fist and threw a thick blow against the door. It shattered at once.

Jack ran out of the hut, into the forest. Running hotter setter for where to hide. His shivering fingers dialed a contact, and it kept on ringing.

“Ah!” Anger laced her voice. Enhancing her maul and roar.

“Hello... I. I need backup!” He shivered, and blade eyes caught through the woods. It was still quiet and empty. Just then, his gaze raised at Eliana standing before him.

“Grrr!” her fang and claws retracted, like carving knives. Her neck veins popped out, above her strong, clenched Jaws.

Jack’s mobile phone dropped right away. His body quivered like a convulsing child, staring at Eliana wolfing out in front of him. But, it was painful. She couldn’t wolf out completely, only her fangs and claws stuck out. And her dark, squinted eyes, glowed. Glittering in fierce yellows, like the stunning sun.

“End it! Right now!” She ordered him in a blackout rage. “What do you want from me?!”

“No... Nothing. I’m sorry.” Jack’s words broke up and all he could say was stuttering sounds.

“You must be crazy! How can you send such terrifying messages and pretend to care?”

“I just wanted to be sure... This won’t happen again, I promise.” He begged in a toneless, quiet voice. “I’m sorry. I was just joking. I’m sorry.”

“You don’t take me seriously. You see me as a joke?”

“No, it’s not like that. Please, don’t hurt me.” His words came as a plea.

Panting.

“I love you, Jack... You don’t have to fear me.” Eliana’s eyebrows scrunched towards him. She could hear his heart throbbing louder with every step she took. He pulled away.

“Jeez! Get away from me, beast!”

Eliana released her clenched Jaws and her popping dark veins disappeared. “No, I won’t hurt you.”

“I don’t care about who you are, okay? You better stay away from me or everyone knows this!” He pointed his phone upward.

“Is.. Is that what you want?” Eliana released her face in disappointment as her wolf slowly faded. It’s as if he peed on himself as she stepped closer. Jack closed his eyes, shut.

Like being approached by the devil.

“It’s me, Eliana.” She stretched her hand towards him, holding back the tears. She focused on him as they stared at each other. She moved towards Jack, softly, so as not to scare him away.

“Ahhh!” Jack screamed out in his lungs. Frightened by her appearance. Her claws were still out. And it disgusted him.

With fear in his eyes, Jack ran out of the woods. Eliana watched him run for his life. She would never hurt him. She didn’t want to kill an innocent person, let alone the father of her unborn child. Killing him like this would hurt her. And now, it’s clear how much he despised her. Jack won’t want to see her ever again. She hopes he keeps quiet. If she won’t have to face the consequences alone.

Eliana walked home, sad and lonely. She could hear the faint sound of his car engine as Jack kicked it on and zoomed out of the woods. He won’t have anything to do with a beast. It’s obvious it’s over between them.

That day, when Eliana got home, she met Lilah and her mum, chatting and busting into their conversation.

“Hey, you’re back.” Lilah hurried to her. “What happened? You sounded so...”

“Nothing, Lee.” Eliana cut into her words abruptly, not wanting her mum to know. She sighed heavily, letting her head drop. Eliana rushed into her room and tiredly fell on the bed.

“Did anything happen? Am I missing something?” Maria raised an eyebrow at Lilah for an explanation.

“No, it’s nothing.” Lilah faked a smile. Maria's eyes narrowed as she thought otherwise.

“Umm... Excuse me, Maria. I’ll be right back.” Lilah swallowed, remembering this was a secret.

Eliana walked into her room with the door left open. She looked so pale and fed up. Her weak body fell to her bed. Eliana couldn’t help but curl up into a ball like a cat. Hugging her knees, flashbacks of how scared she was and had left everything to save him played on her mind. She couldn’t believe that Jack could go this far to hurt her. That it would hurt thus much. She planned none of this. Going from one heartbreak to another.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

Three soft knocks came on the door. Lilah listened, and she could hear Eliana whimpering. She pulled the door open and closed the door behind her. Walking up to Eliana on the bed.

“What happened? Was he hurt? Talk to me.” concern laced Lilah’s voice as she pulled closer. Taking a seat by the edge of the bed.

Eliana sobbed, chewing on her lips. Simply not moving. Lilah pulled closer, watching her friend’s tears pool and flow freely. Streaming down her red face.

“Is Jack still alive? Stop freaking me out, Elie!” Lilah’s voice cracked up with the silence that followed. Wondering what could lead to this hopeless cry.

“I don’t know... Maybe it’s just... Better this way. He never loved me, anyway.” She gasped. “It’s over.”

“What?”

“He tricked me, Lee. I was stupid to think Jack was my mate.” Eliana’s shivering hand covered her face in embarrassment. “He wanted to harm me, to expose me. He already knows... He already knows that I’m wolf blood. I don’t know what to do.”

“You know what the pack would do, as long as our secret doesn’t get out. Protecting our secret is the most important duty for every wolf-blood and you failed.”

“He’s lied to me, he’s locked me up, now he’s betrayed me. I can’t do this anymore, I’m over with that asshole.” Eliana hissed, trying to control her rising voice so as not to let Maria hear.

Her mascara eyes glittered with each tear before sloping off her swollen face. But she wiped it off repeatedly.

“He’s human, anyway. What do you expect?”

“We just have to wait and see.” Eliana sigh. Wiping her nose on her sleeve. “If he would keep the secret or he won’t.”

“And what do we do if he doesn’t?” Lilah Froze in place, turning only her steady eyes to her friend.

“He should face the consequences. I don’t care. If Jack blabs, that is all on me. But first, I need to end this pregnancy.”

Eliana slightly closed her eyes to the pain. Another series of boiling tears rolled out. Making her sniffle unconsciously.

“It’s okay.” Lilah placed a hand on her shoulder, and then they both held themselves in a warm hug.

***

Rose pulled the doorknob to the glass door, entering the CEO’s office. Conan hung up the phone, raising his glance at her presence.

“Good morning, sir.” She greeted them once she noticed he ended the call and placed a file on his desk.

“Morning, Rose. How was your night?” He replied, calmer than she expected.

“Fine, thank you.”

“I’m sure you had fun.” An exasperated sigh followed. “I’m not surprised.”

“What do you mean... Sir?” Rose stuttered incoherently.

“There’s no need to act innocent,” I warned you not to tread on my toes. Why are you too much to bear?!” His voice raised and her heart skipped.

“What do you mean? I’m confused. Did I do something wrong?” His voice stuttered.

“You had the guts to use my money to buy a dress to go on a date with a human. How dare you?”

“He’s an old school friend, sir.” Rose rasped, shaking with fear of his next reaction.

“I don’t care!” He blared at her. “I don’t care if he’s an old-school enemy! You work with me because I let you. Do that again and you’re fired!”

“I’m sorry sir.” Rose swallowed the swelling lump in her throat. “It will never happen again.”

“Sorry for yourself! Just get out of my office!”

“Sir...” she muttered, shocked.

“Use the door, Rose!”

“But it was just an outing-“

“Rose, I’m very mad at you right now, so use your next words wisely.” He warned with a threat, cutting her off.

Her Jaws dropped open, thinking of why he was so pissed. It was the first time Conan spoke back to her. Rose started working with him because her mum was a close friend of his mum. They were good friends until recently.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she suddenly hurried out of his office. She slammed the glass door as she stormed to the ladies to cry more and wash off her makeup. Rose is making a living for herself to save for the future. She would have worked with other companies, but her mum begged her. It was a way to seal their friendship, but because Conan was having hard times, things were getting hideous.

A feeling of guilt burns out in his chest. Conan whooshed heavily on his breath, pondering on his actions.

Conan, confused as ever, ran one hand through his thick, black hair. Rubbing a hand over his face, he gazed outside through the pane of glass. It was unclear, these were chaotic.

A vivid memory of when he was at the hotel with Lilah played in his mind. How she left because of Asher. The look in her eyes was unexplainable. And when he visited her the other day, saying his mum has finally given her approval for them to get married, she mistakenly called him Asher. That hurt him badly, but he did not say a word. Not because he wasn't pissed. But because he didn’t want her to go.

Conan cleared his throat, folding his large, competent hands on his desk. He remembered how obsessed she once was, about him. When they were teenagers, Lilah would lock her hands with his, every single day. And stare into his eyes. And they would share a passionate kiss.

Conan's entire thoughts were on if he’d found the right mate. If he had found her or if he’s yet to.

Then he felt eyes on him. Looking at the paws, he saw a wolf with dark, bat-like skin. Ugly and genuine. It was his wolf. His delicate pupils focused on the creature with recognition. The calm wolf with deep auburn eyes walked up to him. Suddenly walking away, eastwards. He watched it vanish into the glass wall.

Sadly.

His human soul walked out of his body, staring at him. With both hands on his face, Conan pondered on the disturbing thought.

‘She doesn’t love you anymore. Can’t you see it? She only wants to marry you out of obligation.’

Conan frowned, thinking of the marriage plans.

‘If you love her, then let her go. Love is sacrifice. How much are you willing to sacrifice for Lilah? She deserves to be happy. And you don’t make her happy anymore. It might hurt for some time, not forever. It’s better to let her go than hurt her more. Let her be happy.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

769K 19.9K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
57 40 14
Book 2 of "A L T H E A | Werewolf" Terrible news strikes Evander and Althea once again. How do they cope this time? Mystery letters and the revelati...
7.6K 434 56
(Becomes an excerpt 6/4) Aliya craves every good, bad, and uncertain task that comes with becoming Noah's Luna, and, hopefully, a mother. But danger...
499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...