Swords and Magic - A byler +...

By cinnimo

A romance set in the medieval times. A store featuring spellbooks, potions, blades, and swords with price tag... More

Author's note
Chapter 1- The Struggles of a Royal
Chapter 2- A Witch & a Wizard
Chapter 3- Horrible Arrangments
Chapter 5-Sneak Out
Chapter 5.5-New Friend

Chapter 4-Unexpected Guests

36 5 1
By cinnimo

Will was able to release Robin's hand as they left the shop in full. Will's face morphed from one of excitement to one of confusion, asking, "What happened? What made you stop?" "You, my friend, are a future wizard," Robin says as he turns to face the youngster with brown hair. Will's eyes sparkle at the notion of being a successful sorcerer, and Robin smiles at him and says, "But before you can do, you must experience." And with a snap of her finger, a mist that gradually revealed a broom,  but not a typical one, please. It was unique, due to the normal boring stick, floating off the ground.

He says with wide eyes, "Woah," at the sight of magic. "Well," Robin grinned at the astonished boy. Will turned to look at Robin, perplexed by what she was suggesting. "Get on the broom, of course," she says, waving her hand toward the broom. He was unable to discern what was making him more conflicted as his eyes grew wider. He was either surprised that a flying broom by Robin Buckley was presented to him or the way she instructed him plainly to climb on and ride it. "Stop, stop," He displays his astonishment by holding his hands up. "Am I traveling there by myself?" Looking at her, Robin could see that he was in a panic. "Of course not, dingus; I'll take the wheel as we travel. Please simply occupy the passenger seat, please."  Before continuing, she chuckles. "I guarantee you that I'm not aiming to kill. If casting a protective bubble helps you feel safer, I'll even do it"

Will was tempted to accept the offer, but a voice in his brain cautioned him against doing so. He needs to work hard to train if he truly wants to become a respectable sorcerer. " I don't need it" he murmurs tensely as a pool of fear wells up inside him. Robin raises one eyebrow as she asks, "You sure? We could go slowly; you don't need to be so courageous."  Will insists, "Let's just get on with it. It's OK, I'm fine."

Robin chose to ignore it for the time being and sat at the head of her broom since she was aware of how obstinate he was at the moment. Will took the back of the broom and trailed behind her. He had trouble getting on the broom at first, but he quickly became prepared." You prepared to take off, Byers?" In an effort to elicit a reaction, Robin peered around the back. "Yes..." He was experiencing a variety of emotions, including regret. Robin responds, "Well, if you say so," and then flies off.

It was unsettling but yet quite exhilarating to experience having your feet 5 feet above the ground. Because he was afraid to look down, he started to tighten his hold on the broom and his eyelids. Then the broom abruptly stopped rising. Will gently opened his eyes, showing that he was perplexed as to why it had stopped. Robin said enthusiastically, "Alrighty, lets get rolling!" before he could realize his uncertainty. Then, seemingly at the drop of a hat, the broom shot forward with a speed of gods. He loudly yelled, "WOAHHHH," in shock, "Cool huh? Let's climb higher!" Then, as it flew to its target, the broom began to ascend higher, as though ascending a hill. Will tried to close his eyes, but the wind was too strong. He began to become accustomed to the rapid pace and the hard knocks from the wind. His vision was limited to Robin's back and the area underneath them that appeared to be a forest. "You all right Will?" He turned to face Robin when she asked, pausing to gaze at her again. " Uh-huh, yeah!" He spoke out loud.

The heavy grasp on the wood was hurting his hands, but he could easily ignore them because there were so many other things going on at the same time. Or, at least, Will believed that. Robin thought it was child's play. "Okay, we're nearly there." Just to catch a glimpse of Will's startled expression, she turns to face him and says, "Hold on to your horses." The broom finally started to slow down. Will believed he would actually die if the broom moved any quicker. The broom started to descend, and he started to look about to see where he was. "Where... are we?" He queried. The cobblestone floor and surrounding forest trees were cleared out, and the space was completely empty. To get his attention, Robin hollered, "Yeah... I meant that no one would bother us when I said "awesome,"" she gestured with her hands in quotation marks. "I hope I didn't let you down."

"No...No! It's all fantastic! It's wonderful." Will, who was still in awe at his surroundings, said. After placing her hands on her hips, Robin began to stretch. "Is this where you-" Robin cuts him off before he can finish, "Yeah, here is where I learnt magic."

"Now, let's look at where we can begin." In an effort to think, Robin started to massage her chin. "Aha! I know." With the snap of her fingers, a bag containing what appeared to be magical items was revealed. Two sets of wands are packed in the luggage, extremely securely to prevent breakage. A spell book was nearby the wand. However, the book seemed to be damaged, with some of the pages clearly torn. The book floated over to Robin when she made a gesture with her finger toward it. As soon as it touched her, she grasped it by the spine, and it instantly opened in her hands.

"Alrighty," The pages of the books started to flip on its own Was Robin doing that? Will thought, "Okay, so first you need to learn how to handle a wand correctly... Simple enough." Just to retrieve the wand, she knelt down to the luggage, and then she began to move over to Will to deliver it to him. "Listen to me carefully, everything starts off awfully slow. Not everything has a miracle automatically starting. Let me let you in a little secret: I sobbed so hard when I was a week in learning magic. I know, embarrassing right? But look me now!" She displays how much she has changed by drastically spreading her arms wide. "But what if I'm not qualified for this?" Will laughed briefly before his smile immediately became gloomy. "I'll just keep failing, again and over." Robin rubbed his back in an effort to soothe him as she watched him with a compassionate expression on her face. "Calm down, you haven't even begun yet and you're already moping," she said. "I assure you that you'll be an expert." She grinned at him.

He exhaled his fears away and was ready to carry out Robin's orders. While still holding the wand, she walks up behind him and grabs his hands. "So, you point your index finger here," she says as she opens Will's hand to insert the wand. She grabs each finger on Will's hand and places them on the appropriate spots on the wand as she directs him. Will's attention is on Robin's words as he admires the wand that has been put in his hands. He feels as though the regularity of his life is slipping away. Robin's every word is gestured as she asks, "You have the hang of it?" She queries. Will nodded while keeping his gaze fixed on the wand. Robin takes a seat on the floor, crisscross-apple-sauce style. Will tilts his head in confusion, till Robin pats the floor in front of her, telling him to sit down. "Alright, I'll try to be as straightforward as I can," Robin says after clearing her throat as Will sits. "I really do mean a lot of information. There are several forms of magic; there isn't a specific sort of magic, "she says after pausing briefly. " However, each and every person has type of..." She makes a gesture with her hands to make her point more clear: "-a thing that makes their magic flare more, y'know? Such as...cause and effect!"

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit behind," he says as he stares at her aimlessly. " What do you mean by it specifically?" After all, magic was hard to learn and comprehend, says Robin, "For instance, emotion or a particular thing that you care about deeply. Understand?" Will shakes his head in agreement before saying, "Great and-" She was explaining when she unintentionally cast her gaze toward the setting sun. " It's getting late, I see. I apologize; I realize this was a brief lesson for little Byers." " It's okay, Robin, we can always continue another day," they stand up to leave for home. They both begin to go up to her broom as she giggles and pats his head, saying, "Now cmon, let's get you home. Your brother will murder me." Robin grabbed into her pants pockets as they boarded the broom after discovering she had misplaced something. "Oh shoot" Will glances at her anxiously as he says, "What's wrong?"

"I must have forgotten my wand back at the store, I'm sorry. You wouldn't mind a little journey back, would you?" she said as she pulled her hand from her pockets. "No, it's OK," Will says while shaking his head. "I'll be OK as long as you take care of what has to be done." Before the broom rises once again, Robin grinned at him and said, "All right, you know the routine by now. Hold on tightly." Then the broom took off quickly, returning to the shop where they had been before.

No other than Robin's broom was to blame for the ferocious wind that was blowing, sweeping the leaves from the trees. When Will reflected on the teachings, he felt as though nothing made sense. His train of thinking was briefly cut off by Robin murmuring something, which soon got his attention. "Nearly there... I sure do hope my wand is unharmed." Then something drew his attention—the store was nearby. Finally, we can have a nice night's sleep, but something didn't feel right. There were individuals there, two folks in particular. "Oh, it appears we have some tardy customers. You'll need to wait a little while longer to fall asleep." Robin hummed.

Although the broom fell in front of the shop, it was far enough away for the customers to miss it. "Hello! I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the store is obviously closed." The unexpected loud voice startled the two strangers, Will approaches the two people behind Robin, "My apologies, yes." The stranger said, "But as the princess, I think that can be changed, yes?" in what sounded like a girl's voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 388 13
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE
24.2K 1.5K 75
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
167K 6.6K 28
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
65.8K 4.9K 56
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...