Chapter 4-Unexpected Guests

Will was able to release Robin's hand as they left the shop in full. Will's face morphed from one of excitement to one of confusion, asking, "What happened? What made you stop?" "You, my friend, are a future wizard," Robin says as he turns to face the youngster with brown hair. Will's eyes sparkle at the notion of being a successful sorcerer, and Robin smiles at him and says, "But before you can do, you must experience." And with a snap of her finger, a mist that gradually revealed a broom,  but not a typical one, please. It was unique, due to the normal boring stick, floating off the ground.

He says with wide eyes, "Woah," at the sight of magic. "Well," Robin grinned at the astonished boy. Will turned to look at Robin, perplexed by what she was suggesting. "Get on the broom, of course," she says, waving her hand toward the broom. He was unable to discern what was making him more conflicted as his eyes grew wider. He was either surprised that a flying broom by Robin Buckley was presented to him or the way she instructed him plainly to climb on and ride it. "Stop, stop," He displays his astonishment by holding his hands up. "Am I traveling there by myself?" Looking at her, Robin could see that he was in a panic. "Of course not, dingus; I'll take the wheel as we travel. Please simply occupy the passenger seat, please."  Before continuing, she chuckles. "I guarantee you that I'm not aiming to kill. If casting a protective bubble helps you feel safer, I'll even do it"

Will was tempted to accept the offer, but a voice in his brain cautioned him against doing so. He needs to work hard to train if he truly wants to become a respectable sorcerer. " I don't need it" he murmurs tensely as a pool of fear wells up inside him. Robin raises one eyebrow as she asks, "You sure? We could go slowly; you don't need to be so courageous."  Will insists, "Let's just get on with it. It's OK, I'm fine."

Robin chose to ignore it for the time being and sat at the head of her broom since she was aware of how obstinate he was at the moment. Will took the back of the broom and trailed behind her. He had trouble getting on the broom at first, but he quickly became prepared." You prepared to take off, Byers?" In an effort to elicit a reaction, Robin peered around the back. "Yes..." He was experiencing a variety of emotions, including regret. Robin responds, "Well, if you say so," and then flies off.

It was unsettling but yet quite exhilarating to experience having your feet 5 feet above the ground. Because he was afraid to look down, he started to tighten his hold on the broom and his eyelids. Then the broom abruptly stopped rising. Will gently opened his eyes, showing that he was perplexed as to why it had stopped. Robin said enthusiastically, "Alrighty, lets get rolling!" before he could realize his uncertainty. Then, seemingly at the drop of a hat, the broom shot forward with a speed of gods. He loudly yelled, "WOAHHHH," in shock, "Cool huh? Let's climb higher!" Then, as it flew to its target, the broom began to ascend higher, as though ascending a hill. Will tried to close his eyes, but the wind was too strong. He began to become accustomed to the rapid pace and the hard knocks from the wind. His vision was limited to Robin's back and the area underneath them that appeared to be a forest. "You all right Will?" He turned to face Robin when she asked, pausing to gaze at her again. " Uh-huh, yeah!" He spoke out loud.

The heavy grasp on the wood was hurting his hands, but he could easily ignore them because there were so many other things going on at the same time. Or, at least, Will believed that. Robin thought it was child's play. "Okay, we're nearly there." Just to catch a glimpse of Will's startled expression, she turns to face him and says, "Hold on to your horses." The broom finally started to slow down. Will believed he would actually die if the broom moved any quicker. The broom started to descend, and he started to look about to see where he was. "Where... are we?" He queried. The cobblestone floor and surrounding forest trees were cleared out, and the space was completely empty. To get his attention, Robin hollered, "Yeah... I meant that no one would bother us when I said "awesome,"" she gestured with her hands in quotation marks. "I hope I didn't let you down."