Righteous - Bradley Bradshaw

By MickeyTheMess

Callsign: Skywalker Ranking: Lieutenant Status: Pilot Best Friends: Jake Seresin and Robert Floyd Wants as h... More

Top Gun
~Skywalker
~Dead?
~Graduate
~As I live and breathe
~Good Morning Aviators
~Signature Move
~Cobra Maneuver
~Fireworks
~Explain Yourself
~I Ain't Worried
~Miracle numbers 1-3
~Saying Goodbyes
~Two Fifteen
~Meant for each other
~Is it terrifying?
~Talk to Me Dad
~Radar Warning
~Good Ideas
~Out of everything
~Flight Attendant
~Side Effects
~Land of the Living

~Above the Hard Deck

1.4K 18 0
By MickeyTheMess

june 20, 2022 

it has been 6 years since St. James flew again. After flying a successful solo flight, she graduated with Rooster and got assigned to the Screaming Eagles while Rooster got the job of his dreams with the Golden Warriors. 

The two best friends remained on good terms, just drifted apart. And by drifted apart, they haven't seen or talked to each other in 4 years, and for the life of her she doesn't know why they don't talk. Last she knew, he got a girlfriend. And she didn't know, that news would hurt her. But they are friends, not even dating. Why did it bother her?

"Hey Saint!" Her friend calls her. "What do you want Branch Office?" Rubbing her eyes, she begrudgingly rolls out of her bunk. 

"There's letters for us. Coming from the same place." 

"Ok. I'm coming." 

"The beast awakens from its den." 

"Slick, don't make me hit you." 

"Here you go." Bob hands her a cup of water and the letter. 

"Where is it coming from?" 

"Top Gun." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being called back to Top Gun is something Oakley never thought would happen. After barely graduating in the first place she didn't think it would be possible. 

"Why are we the only ones called back?" 

"I don't know, but the letters said it's a special assignment." 

"I wonder who else they called back." When the two pilots arrive in North Island, they take their bags into the house they are staying in. 

There's a note on the dinner table, with the words Hard Deck. "What's the Hard Deck?" 

"You didn't go to the Hard Deck when you were here?" Bob asks. 

"Nope, I didn't drink in Top Gun. And Rooster didn't want to take me to a bar." She laughs. "Come on, let's find a room." Going up the stairs she finds a hallway with 5 doors, 4 leading to bedrooms. 

"I pick this one!" She runs in dropping her stuff on the bed. 

"Are you ready to go?" Bob comes into the bedroom, looking around. 

"Yeah." Bob had changed into his uniform but Oakley was so much against wearing a carboard suit to a night out. She decided on denim shorts, with her white cowboy boots and a plain baby blue top. 

"No hat today?" Bob chuckles at his friend who looks like she just left Dallas.  

"Oh shoot! Thanks for the reminder." Grabbing her black cowboy hat, she smiles, man she looked good. 

"Do you think we will know anyone?" 

"I don't know, I mean this is the central house and it looks like we are first here."  She shrugs, climbing into Bob's truck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the Hard Deck was like stepping back in time to when Top Gun was established. 

"Wow. This is impressive." 

"Imma get a drink." Making her way over to the Bar, she watches Bob looks cluelessly around before taking a seat by the pool table. 

"Um excuse me? Two beers." She smiles, waving down the bartender. 

"Here ya go. I haven't seen you around here. I'm Penny." 

"Nice to meet you Penny, I'm Oakley 'Skywalker' St. James." sticking her hand out. 

"A pilot." 

"Yes ma'am." Flashing a toothy grin. 

"Welcome to Long island." nodding in thanks, she walks over to where Bob is sitting, hearing a bit of a crowd over by the darts where everyone is laughing. Handing Bob his beer when she hears a chant start. Surely that Jake chant can't be that jake. Looking over her jaw drops when she sees him high five Javy. 

"I'll be right back." 

"Well well, Seresin as I live and breathe." tapping him on his shoulder. 

"Huh? Oak!" He picks the girl up, spinning around. "Wh-what are you doing here?" 

"Hi Javy." hugging him. "I'm assuming the same as you. Called back for some mission." 

"This is insane. I can't believe I'll be flying with you." 

"Whoa there Hangman. What makes you so sure you are worthy to fly with me?" 

"Sorry mighty Skywalker." He playfully bows. 

"Come on, lets go play pool." The boys follow after their friend over to the pool table. 

"What do we have here?" Jake chuckles, Oakley watches as three pilots walk over. 

"If it ain't Phoenix. And here I thought we were special, Coyote. Turns out the invite went to anyone." Rolling her eyes at her friends arrogance, she smirks.   

"Fellas, this heres Bagman." Dang, 'I like her already' Oakley thinks. 

"Hangman." 

"Whatever. You're looking at the only naval aviator on active duty with a confirmed air to air kill."

"Stop." As if Hangman is afraid of praise.

"Mind you, the other guy was in a museum piece from the Korean War." 

"Cold war." Javy butts in. 

"Different wars, same century."

"Not this one." Wow, a personal record for Hangman, not even two minutes in they don't like him. 

"Who are your friends?" 

"Payback."

"Fanboy." 

Jake turns to look at Oakley with a smirk. 

"Who are they?" 

"Who's who?" Javy asks. Watching as Phoenix turns to look at them, Oakley smacks Bob to look up as he is trying to get peanuts off his pants. 

"When did you get in?" Javy asks. 

"Oh, I've been here the whole time." Bob smiles. 

"Man's a stealth pilot." 

"Literally." 

"Weapons Systems Officer actually." Throwing her hand to her mouth she laughs. 

"With no sense of humor." Jake smiles. 

"And you, miss cowgirl?"

"Skywalker." She recovers, introducing herself. 

"What do they call you?" 

"Bob."

"No your callsign." 

"Uh Bob." 

"Bob Floyd? You're my new backseater? From Lemoore?" Laughing, Oakley walks over to Jake. 

"Looks like it yeah." Bob smiles. 

"Nine ball bob. Rack em." 

"So how do you know Bob?" Javy turns to Oakley. 

"I fly in the same squadron. We have flown together for almost 5 years."

"Wow that's impressive." 

"Yeah, bobs fun." 

"Bradshaw!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 12.8K 32
𝑳𝑢𝑽𝑬 𝑢𝑡 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑹𝑨𝑰𝑡 ─── Β°βˆ˜β‰βˆ˜Β° in which two people are completely oblivious to their feelings, wanting nothing more than to protect their...
202K 5.6K 14
⎯ 𝙩𝙬𝙀 π™₯π™žπ™‘π™€π™©π™¨ 𝙩𝙀𝙀 𝙨𝙩π™ͺ𝙗𝙗𝙀𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙀 π™–π™™π™’π™žπ™© π™©π™π™šπ™žπ™§ π™›π™šπ™šπ™‘π™žπ™£π™œπ™¨ 𝙛𝙀𝙧 π™šπ™–π™˜π™ π™€π™©π™π™šπ™§. ...
76.2K 1K 16
june mitchell, call sign 'hawk' has always wanted to follow her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, into the navy. she goes to top gun with a family fr...
46.6K 2K 16
━ something wonderful that I could not be. bradley bradshaw // topgun: maverick β˜†romanovana | 2022