Avengers: Endgame(Book 10)

By ScarletWitch19

It's been five years since the death of Kaitlyn Summers. After Thanos snapped his fingers and wiped out half... More

Cast
Chapter 1- Where are they?
Chapter 2- Becoming Whole
Chapter 3- The Plan
Chapter 4- Thor
Chapter 5- Back Together
Chapter 6- The How Works
Chapter 7- Time Heist Part 1
Chapter 9- Time Heist Part 3
Chapter 10- Time Heist Part 4
Chapter 11- Bruce's Snap
Chapter 12- Tres Amigos
Chapter 13- Tunnel Escape
Chapter 14- Portals
Chapter 15- Girl Power
Chapter 16- I Am Iron Man
Chapter 17- I Love You 3,000
Chapter 18- Everything will be Okay

Chapter 8- Time Heist Part 2

124 5 0
By ScarletWitch19

"Better hustle up, Cap," Tony says into his comms. He was standing on top of the Chrysler building in New York across from Stark Tower, where they had apprehended Loki. "Things look like they're just about wrapped up here."

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." Steve responded. Tony flies into the penthouse, and his Iron Man armor disappears as he hides behind a wall. On his shoulder was Scott Lang in tiny form.

"If it's all the same to you...I'll have that drink now." 2012 Loki says as Kaitlyn and the Avengers stand over the God of Mischief. 2012 Kaitlyn was pointing Loki's staff at him, and it was taking everything in her not to blast him.

"All right, get him on his feet." 2012 Tony says. "We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up."

Present day Tony scoffs. "Mr. Rogers, I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass."

"No one asked you to look, Tony," Steve says.

"It's ridiculous," Tony whispers.

"I think you look great, Cap," Scott says. He does a patriotic salute. "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass."

"What should I do with Loki's magic wand?" 2012 Kaitlyn asks.

"S.T.R.I.K.E. team's coming to secure it," Steve replies.

Kaitlyn rolls her eyes at the mention of the S.T.R.I.K.E. team. "Ugh, not Agent Rumlow."

"Be nice, Kaitlyn." 2012 Natasha says.

"But he's so creepy. Here you give it to him." Kaitlyn says, handing 2012 Natasha Loki's scepter. "I'm going to go stand over there."

Tony hides when he hears the elevator beep, and Agents Rumlow and Sitwell walk out with other S.T.R.I.K.E. members. "We can take that off your hands." Agent Sitwell says, walking up to Natasha.

"By all means," Natasha says, handing Loki's scepter to Agent Sitwell. "Careful with that thing."

"Yeah, unless you want your mind erased." 2012 Clint says, handing Natasha a drink. "And not in a fun way."

"We promise to be careful." Agent Sitwell says.

Natasha and Clint walk over to Kaitlyn. "Director Fury says he wants to speak with you as soon as you get back to the Helicarrier," Natasha says.

"Is he mad about what I did?" Kaitlyn asks.

"I don't know. He didn't say," Natasha says.

"Oh," Kaitlyn says, lowering her head.

"Hey, I'm sure it's nothing bad," Clint says, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, you doing okay?" He sees her holding her injured hand.

"Who are these guys?" Scott asks.

"They are S.H.I.E.L.D.," Tony replies. "Well, actually HYDRA, but we didn't know that yet."

"Seriously? You didn't? I mean, they look like bad guys. The look Kaitlyn is giving that guy should have been an obvious sign." Scott says, pointing to Agent Rumlow.

"You're small, but you're talking loud," Tony says.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue," Steve says into his earpiece.

Loki from 2012 mocks Steve by transforming into him. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." Loki turns back into himself and looks at Thor. "I mean, honestly, how do you keep your food down?"

Thor slaps a device around Loki's mouth to keep him quiet. "Shut up."

"All right, you're up, little buddy. There's our stone." Tony says, looking at the briefcase with the Tesseract.

"All right. Flick me." Scott says, getting into a squat.

Tony flicks Scott off his shoulder, and he lands on the past version of Tony Stark. Future Tony activates his Iron Man suit and flies away. Once the Avengers from 2012 left in the elevator with Loki, present-day Tony flies around Stark Tower.

"All right, Cap, I got our scepter in the elevator...just passing the 80th floor," Tony says. Steve stands by an elevator and presses the down button.

"On it. Head to the lobby." Steve says.

"Alright. I'll see you there."

The elevator doors open and Rumlow, Sitwell, and the rest of the HYDRA agents see Steve. Steve walks in and hits the down button. "Captain. I thought you were coordinating search and rescue."

"Change of plans," Steve says. Rumlow looks at Steve suspiciously.

"Hey, Cap." He says.

"Rumlow." Steve notices one of the agents moving his hand to his gun. "I just got a call from the secretary. I'm gonna be running point on the scepter."

"Sir? I don't understand." Sitwell says, looking at Steve.

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it," Steve says.

"Sorry, Cap. We can't give you the scepter." Rumlow says.

"I'm gonna have to call the director," Sitwell says.

"That's okay. Trust me." Steve leans over to Sitwell's ear. "Hail HYDRA." He whispers.

Sitwell looks up at Steve in shock and exchanges a glance with Rumlow. Steve smirks as the elevator doors open and walks out with the briefcase.

"Tony, what's going on?" Steve asks as he walks down a hallway. "Tell me you found that Cube." Steve suddenly stops when he sees who was standing in front of him. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me." 

The person standing in front of him was his past self from 2012.

"I have eyes on Loki. 14th floor." 2012 Steve says.

"I'm not Loki." Future Steve says as he puts the case down. "And I don't wanna hurt you." 2012 Steve attacks Future Steve, and the two Captain Americas clash their shields.

Future Steve spins into a kick, but 2012 Steve knocks him on his back.

"I can do this all day." 2012 Steve says.

"Yeah, I know. I know." Steve says, standing up. The two Steves throw their shields at each other, making their weapons fall several floors down, and as they engage in hand-to-hand combat, the scepter falls through the glass railing. 2012 Steve gets the upper hand on Future Steve, and they fall over the edge. 2012 Steve sees Future Steve's compass with Peggy's picture and picks it up.

"Where did you get this?" 2012 Steve asks as they both stand up. Steve lunges for the scepter, but 2012 Steve grabs him in a chokehold. They fall backward and roll on the floor. Future Steve reaches for the scepter, but 2012 Steve's grip remains tight around his neck.

"Bucky...is...alive." Steve gasped out. 2012 Steve lets his future self go.

"What?"

Future Steve takes the chance to sucker punch his past self, grabs the scepter, and uses it to knock 2012 Steve out. Steve picks up his compass and looks down at 2012 Steve. "That is America's ass."

Back on the roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum, the Hulk's figure is sleeping on a chair with a hat on his face while Bruce's astral form tries to convince 2012 The Ancient One to give him the Time Stone. "Please, please," Bruce begs.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you, Bruce." The Ancient One says. "If I give up the Time Stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own."

"With all due respect, all right, I'm not sure the science really supports that," Bruce says. The Ancient One conjures a glowing line that simulates the flow of time.

"The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones and that flow splits." The Ancient One explains as she flicks the Time Stone projection away and shows a black stream indicating a point of divergence. "Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world would be overrun. Millions will suffer. So, tell me, Doctor. Can your science prevent all that?"

"No, but we can erase it. Because once we're done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline at the moment it was taken." Bruce says. "So, chronologically, in that reality, it never left." He holds the Time Stone projection, puts it back in its spot, and the black stream disappears.

The Ancient One still looks unconvinced. "Yes, but you're leaving out the most important part. In order to return the stones, you have to survive."

"We will. I will. I promise." Bruce says.

"I can't risk this reality on a promise." The Ancient One says. "It is the duty of the Sorcerer Supreme to protect the Time Stone."

"Then why did Strange give it away?" Bruce asks.

The Ancient One looks at Bruce, surprised. "What did you say?"

"Strange. He gave it away. He gave it to Thanos." Bruce says.

"Willingly?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I have no idea? Maybe he made a mistake." Bruce says.

"Or I did." The Ancient One returns the Hulk's body to Bruce's and opens the Eye of Agamotto, revealing the Time Stone. She takes the stone and offers it to Bruce. "Strange is meant to be the best of us."

"So, he must've done it for a reason," Bruce says.

"I fear you might be right." The Ancient One says, handing the stone to Bruce.

"Thank you."

The Ancient One steps close to Bruce and puts her hands on his, looking up at him. "I'm counting on you, Bruce. We all are."

Back in Asgard, Will was looking for Thor while Rocket focused on getting the Aether out of Kaitlyn. Will found Thor hiding behind a pillar as his mother walked by, and Will was hiding with him.

"My ladies, I'll see you after. I'll see you after. Go on ahead." Frigga says. As her handmaidens take off, Frigga takes a few steps in the other direction and glances around. She moves between two columns, and Thor and Will peer around one as they try not to get caught by her.

"What are you doing?" Frigga asks. Thor screams, making Frigga scream, and Will moves to stand behind Thor. "You're better off leaving the sneaking to your brother. Who is that boy behind you?"

"No, I wasn't sneaking. I was just going for a walk." Thor says. "And him. He's just a friend."

"What are you wearing?" Frigga asks.

"I always wear this. It's one of my favorites." Thor says. Thor had on his sweatpants and shirt over his quantum suit, and Will was wearing a black S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform underneath his. Frigga puts her hand on Thor's face and takes a good look at him.

"What's wrong with your eye?" Frigga asks.

"Oh, my eye. Remember the, uh, Battle of Harokin when I got hit in the face with the broadsword?" Thor asks.

"You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?" Frigga asks.

"Yes, I am," Thor says.

"The future hasn't been kind to you, has it?" Frigga asks. She looks at Will. "And I'm guessing you're from the future as well?"

Will nods his head. "My name is Will and I'm a friend of Kaitlyn's."

Frigga smiles.

"We didn't say we were from the future," Thor says.

"I was raised by witches, boy," Frigga says. "I see with more than eyes, you know that."

Thor tries to hold back tears but fails to do so. "Yeah, I'm totally from the future," Thor says, his voice breaking.

"Yes, you are, honey," Frigga says.

"I really need to talk to you," Thor says.

"We can talk," Frigga says. They both hug, and Will smiles. He was happy that Thor could have this moment with Frigga. She takes the two men to a room where they explain everything that happened in the last five years.

"His head was over there and his body over there. I mean, what was the point? I was too late." Thor says. "I was just standing there. Some idiot with an ax."

"Now, you're no idiot. You're here, aren't you? Seeking counsel from the wisest person in Asgard." Frigga says.

"I am. Yes." Thor says, taking a sip from his drink.

"Idiot, no. A failure? Absolutely." Frigga says.

"That's a little bit harsh," Thor says.

"Do you know what that makes you?" Frigga asks. She sits next to Thor. "Just like everyone else."

"I'm not supposed to be like everyone else, am I?" Thor asks.

"Everyone fails at who they're supposed to be, Thor," Frigga says. "The measure of a person, of a hero is how well they succeed at being who they are."

"I really missed you, mom," Thor says. The God of Thunder meets her gaze with a smile, and they lean their foreheads together.

After a moment, Thor stands up. "Mom, I have to tell you something."

"No, son, you don't. You're here to repair your future, not mine." Frigga says.

"This is about your future," Thor says.

"It's none of my business," Frigga says.

Suddenly, Rocket barges into the room, and Will could see the red glowing liquid known as the Aether inside the container Rocket had. "Hi." Rocket says and Frigga waves at him. "You must be Mom. I got the thing. Come on. We gotta move."

"Oh, I wish we had more time," Thor says, turning to his mom.

"No, this was a gift. Now you go and be the man you're meant to be." Frigga says.

"I love you, mom," Thor says.

"I love you," Frigga says, wrapping Thor in a hug. Will smiles and hopes that he will get the same reunion with his mom soon. "And eat a salad."

"Come on, we gotta go." Rocket says. "Three, two..."

Thor cuts him off. "No, wait!" Thor holds his hand out to see if he can summon Mjolnir.

"What am I looking at?" Rocket asks.

"Oh, sometimes it takes a second," Frigga says.

Will watches as the hammer flies right into Thor's hand. A bright smile forms on Thor's face, and he laughs. "I'm still worthy."

"Oh, boy." Rocket says, shaking his head.

"Goodbye, mom," Thor says as their quantum suits materialize.

"Goodbye."

Will waves Frigga goodbye. "It was nice meeting you." Frigga smiles and the three heroes return to the present.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I always loved that scene where Thor reunites with his mother during the time heist, it was such a sweet moment for him. Three stones have been found, only three more to go.

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1K 24
A team member has died and this is the story of how this team copes with the tragedy. Based after AOU, The Avengers go on a last mission together. Na...
1.5M 50.7K 101
2023 It's been several months since Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff gave their lives to bring back the trillions murdered in the decimation. In the...
10.7K 485 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
9.4K 356 27
Five years after Thanos, an intergalactic warlord, disintegrates half of the universe, the Avengers must reunite and assemble again to reinvigorate t...