The Watcher-Prime

Από WiseWing77

Xelqua (or Grian to the hermits) isn't sure what he is. He's always hidden from Minecraftia, hidden behind va... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
Fun Facts, Statistics, And A Final Author's Note
The Watty's 2022!

Chapter 17

2.1K 104 129
Από WiseWing77

Forwarning: DEATH. DEATH. DEATH. Yea...

Grian sat down on his bed, wondering if Notch would really help him. He knew Notch had special powers which allowed him to... well, create. Shape and form matter, if you will. And Grian needed something made of matter... a watcher disguise.

Notch, I need you. Grian called. Just as before, he was whisked away to his mindspace.

. . .

"You need something again? Already?" Notch grinned. Grian scowled.

"I mean, it would be nice to have something. But I really just need information. I want to know if there's a way I can create something to make myself look like a watcher." Grian asked.

"Hmm, cryptic not?" Notch chuckled. "Here, if you really want to look like a watcher just take this already." Notch tossed Grian a pale stone watcher mask. It was white with deep purple ruins on it.

"Oh!" Grian was surprised. "Thanks!" Grian hadn't really expected Notch to help him so directly.

"Oh, it's just a belated birthday gift from your grandfather. See you later!" Notch winked.

. . .

Grian stood up back in his room. At least this time he had collapsed on his bed and not on the hard wooden floors of Scar's treehouse. He was still holding the white mask. Grian stood before his mirror and placed it over his face.

Immediately Grian's wings were reshaped and recolored to a dark purple. Watcher wings were a common highest-level watcher accessory, as were masks. Dark watcher robes replaced Grian's white prime robes, and Grian's sandals were elongated and morphed to a dark violet.

As soon as Grian removed the mask he returned to his regular prime state. Grian whistled a low note. "Thanks, Grandfather. Best birthday present ever." Grian whispered.

He had never seen something so profoundly amazing and mind-bending. It was probably the most powerful magic Grian had ever seen - and he had seen a lot of powerful magic. Thanks, sonny! Grian could have sworn he heard Notch's voice behind him, but when he turned around nobody was there.

As Grian slid his mask into his pocket, he realized there was something else lurking at the bottom. Grian pulled out a small black grenade of sorts. Attached to it was a note on golden paper. One use only, strictly emergencies. Use it well. Grian shook his head. The note really couldn't have been more cryptic.

Grian sighed and pushed it back into his pocket, removing the mask. As Grian jogged back to the main room he could hear Pearl trying to interrogate the admins, but she was having no luck. All of them were refusing to speak, except Scar who completely ignored Pearl's questions and then ranted about his own dreary life and all his questions.

"Xelqua!" Pearl jumped when she realized Grian had sat down in the chair behind her. "I thought you were... um... visiting someone who could get you a disguise?"

"I was," Grian smirked.

"Then why are you back?" Pearl bit her lip, confused.

"Because I got my disguise." Grian grinned.

"You were gone for less than five minutes." Pearl's tone was scornful.

"So?" Grian laughed. Pearl said nothing but stared at Grian as though he was wearing a bright rainbow polka dot suit. Grian raised the small white mask.

"Surely that's not all you need. You can't walk into the watcher lair with a mask and a hoodie, Xel." Pearl was thoroughly aghast. Grian just snickered.

"You'd be surprised what a mask can do." Grian baited Pearl.

"Oh really?" Pearl raised one thin eyebrow. Grian leaped to his feet in excitement and tied the mask onto his face. The transformation was immediate. Pearl, False, Xisuma, Gem, and Scar gasped as one.

"NO WAY." Gem leaped to her feet, "I thought you didn't accept Notch's power?" A question layered Gem's exited statement. Grian removed his mask and scowled at Gem as Pearl covered her mouth.

"I didn't. How did you know it was his magic?" Grian asked Gem in a low voice.

"I can sense it. I bet Scar can too. SCAR! Can you sense Notch's magic!?" Gem yanked Scar away from the flowerpot which Scar was sniffing profusely.

"Uh... ya, sure! It layers you like buttercream frosting and perfume!" Scar skipped around the room. Grian facepalmed.

"Don't worry, it's a higher power-sensing thing." Gem assured Grian.

"Then I just have to hope Brine's not around." When Grian saw Gem's expression of alarm he hastily added, "Or I could cover Notch's aura somehow..." Grian muttered. Done. Grian thought he heard Notch's voice again and spun around.

"Hey... I can't feel Notch's magic anymore. What did ya do?" Gem was taken aback.

"Nothing," Grian spoke truthfully. Gem looked doubtful, but Grian didn't feel like revealing his special bond to Notch just yet. Wise choice, grandson. Grian heard Notch again. This time he didn't bother looking around for the former higher power - Notch resided in Grian's conscious, like a sixth sense.

"Xelqua-" Pearl seemed to have finally recovered. Gem hastily bulldozed over the prime admin.

"Uhh... you should get going, Grian!" Gem practically shoved Grian out of the window.

"Wait, Xelqua you owe some kind of explanation-!" Grian heard Pearl's voice fade from range as he soared away from the admin headquarters. Grian landed a couple of hundred blocks away somewhere in the admin territory grounds.

With a deep breath, Grian pulled his watcher mask on and fastened it carefully. He quickly muttered a few words of watcher magic and the mask secured to his face indefinitely. Once the transformation was complete Grian summoned his watcher magic - which he rarely used, so he was rusty.

In a crack of purple, Grian disappeared through a tear in the fabric of the world.

. . .

Crack. Grian found himself in the familiar entrance hall of the ghostly watcher headquarters. Hundreds of robed watchers slunk in and out of various cold stone hallways as they pleased. Grian wondered how he had ever accepted such a dreary lifestyle, even without his memories.

Grian easily settled into the silent day. To his surprise, absolutely nothing happened. And when he went to sleep that night out in the watcher grounds, under the stars, Grian wondered where Mumbo was and if he was okay. Don't worry Mumby... I'll see you soon. Just hang on and don't die.

For some reason, Grian was sure Mumbo was in much more danger than he could imagine.

. . .

"There's a high-level only meeting in twenty minutes, brother." Another watcher wearing a mask spoke in galactic. Grian could easily understand it. Galactic flowed so well... like a peaceful stream. The language of magic. Now it was only associated with filthy watchers.

"I'll be there, thank you," Grian murmured, happy to be conversing in galactic again. Grian made his way to the throne room - he had already popped in many times the previous day, but nothing had been going on.

Grian slid into the back row of the assembled watchers, slinking into the shadows. He fidgeted with the ring that hung around his neck as he watched more and more watchers file into the room. At last, the head watcher entered the expanse of the open-air throne room.

"Watchers of the highest caliber! We are pleased to announce we have caught the final admin spy in our midst!" The head watcher yelled. A chorus of cheers resounded at the head watcher's announcement. "Now, what do we do with nosy admins, watchers?" The head watcher leered gleefully.

"We exterminate them!" One low voice yelled from the masses.

"Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Weed them out! Weed them out! Weed them out! Kill! Kill! Kill!" The watchers chanted a well-rehearsed response. Grian felt sick to his stomach as he watched two watcher gaurds drag out a level eight admin.

Grian didn't know the admin, personally. In fact, he knew very few admins personally. Pearl and perhaps Xisuma and Gem, but he couldn't think of anyone else who actually knew anything personal about Grian.

"This is what happens to nosy admins!" The head watcher shouted as the terrified tier eight cried for mercy. He was thrown to his knees roughly. In a flash of the head watcher's poison-tipped blade, the admin was gone.

Grian closed his eyes tightly so he wouldn't have to see the life drain from one of his loyal admins. He only opened them after he was sure the admin was dead. When he finally looked he watched the tier eights corpse thrown roughly to the side, discarded like an old play doll.

"Now then!" The head watcher clapped his hands together, "I'm excited to announce a new development! It seems that my esteemed master has managed to track down and learn the identity of the prophesized Notch born! And that wretched mystery prime admin!" The head watcher laughed.

Grian felt his stomach drop. The head watcher's master? So Herobrine's descendant wasn't under the head watcher... he was way, way above.

"One and the same! And we shall defeat all the pompous admins in one calculated strike!" The head watcher looked overjoyed at the prospect. It made Grian's insides boil. "But first we will defeat Prime 1, so the admins are left weak and defenseless!" Now Grian was really listening.

"But we won't strike head-on. No, we have that mistake too many times. Even my master knows it. We'll attack Prime 1 mentally. As you know, he's the physical prime, so we shouldn't have a problem with tearing him from existence! And we'll do it all with just a special corpse!"

The head watcher's eyes twinkled evilly. Grian stumbled back slightly but steadied himself, aware that some of the surrounding watchers had turned to him. Who!? Who's died? What corpse?... I don't know of anyone who's been taken prisoner-

"Presenting a certain useless nothing who used to be close to our little prime admin's heart." The head watcher mocked. Grian pushed himself forward in the crowds, trying to make out the limp figure being dragged in. He was shackled and chained up so heavily it was almost impossible to recognize the figure under the bindings.

When Grian finally did recognize him, he felt as though all the life force had been drained from his body, leaving him an empty shell. It was the mustache that did it... anguish filled Grian, and his vision blurred with tears. He couldn't control himself.

"Mumby!" Grian cried aloud, unsheathing his obsidian-hilted golden blade and slashing aside the nearest watchers. Rage filled him to a boiling point as Grian raced into the courtyard and began sending blasts of golden flames into the surrounding crowds.

Watchers fell like flies as Grian launched into physical combat, swinging his sword like an extension of himself. The blade whizzed through the air, slicing through watcher after watcher like butter. Soon Grian stood in the middle of tens of bodies littering the throne room.

The head watcher barely had time to register the prime admin's appearance when suddenly his entire court had fallen down dead. Rage sizzled through the head watcher's skin. How!? How does he do it!? How is he always one step ahead!?

Grian lifted his sword over his head and charged at the head watcher. Tears fell thickly under his mask as he brought his sword down on the head watcher's head. But before the sword made contact, the head watcher's own poisonous purple blade hit Grian's mask with a metallic clang.

Grian fell back as his mask cracked in two. Half of the mask remained over Grian's features while the other half clattered to the ground. Grian instinctively threw his empty hand to his face, but the head watcher had already seen the face under the mask, and he was pale as death.

"You... you're... you're a watcher." The head gasped for breath as though the air had been knocked out of him. Grian couldn't do anything.

He couldn't mind muddle another leader - it was physically impossible. The higher powers, head watcher, and technological prime admin were actually not affected by Grian's mind muddles. Neither could the head watcher cause Grian to forget anything, or Pearl and Gem.

"I'm not just any watcher. Remember me? Because I'm about to take you to the grave." Grian raised his sword again and smirked, though tears still fell thinly. Grian had gone completely senile. 

The head watcher couldn't imagine where he could have ever met... suddenly it dawned on him. The light brown hair. The dark violet eyes. The same smirk. "Sunan." The head watcher breathed.

"You got that bit right! And now I'm going to kill you myself - for my parents. For my friends. For all my admins. For Mumbo!" Grian yelled his deceased friend's name as he charged. Seconds before Grian's sword should have impaled the head watcher, a dome of white light threw Grian back into Mumbo.

"Ah, Xelqua." Hevonir looked enraged as he surveyed the battle scene below. "Tch. You shouldn't have come here. Now I have to kill you. I was planning on something much more epic to end your life. Zebdar isn't here to save you now." Hevonir growled. "By the way, thanks for the boost! I'm so much more powerful now!" Hevonir referenced Grian's unlocking spell.

"You're welcome. Just thought it wasn't a fair fight for you. And maybe Zebdar's not here! But I can save myself!" Grian pulled out the black grenade from the depths of his robes. He didn't have enough energy - physically or mentally to fight the fully recharged higher power.

Hevonir radiated with so much more magic now that Grian had extinguished the spell Notch had put in place so many centuries before. "Bye bye losers!" Grian threw the black grenade down onto the cold stone floor and wrapped his arms tightly around his best friend's body.

Violet smoke filled the entire throne room, completely veiling Grian and Mumbo from sight. When the smoke cleared Grian and Mumbo were gone, leaving no trace behind. Hevonir banged his fist against the wall and dissapeared, leaving the head watcher utterly alone and bewildered in a sea of death.

But now the head watcher had a job to do... he had to tell Herobrine what he had discovered about Prime 2. And it was not going to go down pretty. 

A/N: Thank ya'll for the support! I would really appreciate it if you took a second to like this chapter down below! It's easy and it supports me a lot! Follow for more stories like this! (Ack, I sound like a YouTuber now.)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

84.9K 3.2K 24
Grian is just a normal hermitcraft guy. He goes around pranking people and having fun, always with a good personality. But then something joins the s...
120K 3.9K 19
Description: "Heh, powerful as one can be having the best of both worlds, having the Admin and Watcher magic, you cannot resist against the code no m...
65K 2.1K 31
Grian is the most feared assassin known for his ability to kill swiftly and quietly. Hiding away, he holds a grudge against the King and anyone with...
8.6K 282 14
THIS FANFIC IS DISCONTINUED CURRENTLY DCLF/The Prototypes Au story Grian; Xelqua So much things to hide. ... But he can't keep it a secret from his f...