Winter to Spring | bts v x iu...

By aurcvs

In the city's hustle, Lily's tale unfolds-a rift with her parents sends her seeking solace in a countryside h... More

spring meets winter
김태형 × 이지은
[the boy she never met]
[heart of the sun]
[a weird one, he is]
[balete guy]
[déjà vu]
[layover]

[lake tears]

63 6 0
By aurcvs

⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑❉⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑

Theo got an earful from Raoul after our brunch. I think I heard that Grandma mentioned what happened to him since he passed out once again in my bedroom. I had to sleep in my Grandma's room for that matter and of course, I had to tell her everything. Why would someone venture in the middle of the night while drunk anyway if that person is in a logical state of mind? Good thing he still managed to come back home in one piece.

Although he'd get his ears damaged after the scolding right now.

With a book in my hand, I went towards the back door where I can access the patio. Since I have already devoured the beauty of Casa de Hermosa from the front, I might as well do the same at the back, where the lake resides.

Back where I came from, the city, I never thought I could live in a lakehouse. I never thought I could see how the lake reflects the light from the sun that looks like there are thousands of diamonds in there swimming like fishes. The sound of birds chirping is so loud that it kind of takes me back.

We live in a duplex in Cebu although most of the time there's no 'we' in the house. It's just me and Anita, a house helper and a more family than my own blood since my parents are always out traveling, mostly in Manila. I don't dwell on it too much, dwelling on it has been long overdue. Proven and tested that I am okay without them.

Although, I miss Anita. It must have been sad being alone in that house, that sad, empty and suffocating house. The tightness in my chest made me stand up from my seat and left my book on the table to walk towards the railings, to see the lake clearly and breathe all the nature offers in.

There's one thing I have learned that I will forever take to heart, which is never, ever, hear what your intrusive thoughts have to say. It will not do you good, nothing will come out good. My intuitive self is not helping, I'm made of intrusive fibers. I just want to jump into the lake now and see how I ended up with, death or something... Something is good. At least there's something other than my sad thoughts, right?

My feet feel the earth as I leave my sandals on our patio and descended to where the lake is. The golden alexanders, asters, and bell flowers dance as I pass by them and walk toward the wooden port by the lake. I sat on the edge of the port as I dipped my two feet into the lake.

The lake is still sparkling from the sunlight. Everything is so serene and all I can hear is the leaves singing and birds harmonizing.

As I stared blankly and let my mind shut down while watching how tranquil my view is, I felt a man's hands cover my eyes from behind since we only have limited people living in the house, it's not rocket science to expect it's Theo.

"Take your hands off of me or I will drown you right here, right now," I said and after that, I can hear his chuckle from behind, "What are you doing here? I thought you were the type who's mostly out and about. I'm sure that brat yesterday is looking for you right now."

My eyes met his and I was taken aback when I saw him amused while staring at me, "Why? Jealous? Do you want me to stay here with you?" He said as he started to wiggle his eyebrows.

A scoff escapes from my mouth, "Yeah, as if. In the future, if I do like someone, that someone would be a lot different from you. Someone who's not from here and someone who's in control enough and mature enough to even think that it is dangerous to climb up a ladder while drunk," I said and smirked as I saw him frown.

"I just had too much fun, I'm alive now, am I? That's what matters. You should join us next time. You and Jennie would get along, as well as the others. They're just shy since you're new and you're from the city," he said and changed his position from sitting beside me to fully laying his back on the port and using both of his arms as a pillow.

I lean on one of the port's pillars as I face the guy who's laying on his back while closing his eyes, "Aren't you guys curious about how the city works? Based on the first time that I landed on this island, I felt like I just traveled back in time. Too many ancestral houses and the things you do here, it's too outdated. I'm quite culture-shocked until now," I shared.

"Everything you need is here. I'm free and happy. What should I look for other than that? If I do want to go to the city, what's waiting for me there? I have my family and friends here, so I have no other reasons to think about the city," he said, without even looking at me and keeping his eyes closed.

He got a point. I'm the only one who's going into a whole different world and it is because I got into trouble or maybe because my parents don't want me to be there. How does it really feel like you belong to a place? A place where you can really call home. I mean I call my own room my safe space. I miss Anita's cooking and her dry jokes. I miss her butter scents and her safe bear hugs that come to me despite me not asking for them. She just knows me, unlike my parents.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?"

My head turns to my right to look at Theo confusingly but as I look at him, I can feel a teardrop on my forehand. I didn't realize I was crying. My heart is wrenching and my throat feels like it is stuck, "It's nothing. I just remembered someone I left back home," I tried to wipe each teardrop that was streaming down my face but I didn't know why it was dropping endlessly.

Why are my eyes doing this to me?

"I'm sure that someone misses you as well," Theo said beside me as I felt his hand on my right shoulder but I shoved it away immediately.

I stood up and looked up to not cry more, but Anita's face kept flashing right before my eyes, and the thought of no place to call home or even the thought that I didn't have any friends just like how Theo described this place.

"Lily."

"I'm okay, I'm just homesick. Don't ask further and don't tell grandma about this," I said as I wiped my tears harshly, trying to show him that I just miss home and that's it.

I'm always bad at hiding my emotions which is why I don't usually keep up a conversation for too long. I don't want my feelings to be out there, I don't want someone to think that they're 'important' in my life just because they have seen this private side of me.

I heard a splash from the lake and some water sprinkles all over my legs. My attention went towards a whiplash on the right side of the lake and Theo who emerges in the water as well.

"Come here with me."

My eyebrows meet as I stare at him like he's crazy, "You have something in your head, do you know that? I'm going inside the house first, enjoy your bath," I said and walked back to the house.

But when I took five steps away from the edge of the port where Theo jumped, I heard him say, "You can always jump here if you want to cry. No one will know, no one will notice with the lake water covering it up for you."

His words got me. I wanted to ask if it was based on his experience and sit next to him to talk more but I think it's enough showing of emotions for today. He will for sure see his friends today and I still don't know if I could trust him enough to talk if he's just like everyone else.

I sat on the steps leading back to the patio, my back turned to the lake, contemplating the whirlwind of emotions I tried to suppress. The rustling leaves seemed to whisper secrets, and the distant sound of water lapping against the port became a soothing background to my racing thoughts.

"Why do you let me get to you so easily?" Theo's voice broke through my reverie, and I turned to see him standing there, water dripping from his tousled hair, eyes locked on mine. He had a towel slung over one shoulder and a bemused expression that hinted at a genuine curiosity.

"It's none of your business," I retorted, crossing my arms defensively. My vulnerability was not something I wanted to share, especially with someone like him. He was an enigma—a mixture of carefree spirit and unexpected depth.

"Everyone has their reasons for jumping into the unknown," he said, his gaze piercing through the layers I tried to conceal. "What's yours, Lily?"

I sighed, feeling the weight of homesickness press against my chest. "I left everything behind. The city, Anita, the life I knew. Now, I'm stuck in this picturesque place, surrounded by strangers."

Theo nodded as if he understood the weight of my confession. "Sometimes, the jump is the scariest part. But you might find something beautiful on the other side. Something that makes you forget the fear and pain."

His words hung in the air, and for a moment, I contemplated the possibility of trusting him, of opening up. Maybe he was more than just a troublemaker.

He draped the towel around his shoulders and walked toward me, a genuine concern etched on his face. "Look, I'm not trying to invade your privacy. But sometimes, sharing your burden can make it lighter."

I looked away, struggling to maintain my composure. "It's not that simple. Trust isn't something I give away easily."

Theo took a step closer, his eyes searching mine. "I get it. But remember, Casa de Hermosa is more than just a beautiful house. It's a place where stories intertwine, where people find solace. You might just find your own narrative here."

I scoffed, attempting to brush off the sentimentality of his words. "You speak like a poet or a philosopher. What's your story then, Theo?"

He chuckled, a genuine warmth in his eyes. "Maybe one day, when you're ready to share yours, I'll tell you mine. For now, let's live in the moment."

With that, he turned and sauntered away, leaving me with a mix ofconfusion and intrigue. As I watched him disappear into the distance, Irealized that Casa de Hermosa held more mysteries than I initially thought, andperhaps, in its tranquility, I'd find the courage to face my own.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.7K 43
A little girl once thought that the world is full of colors, excitement, beautiful stuff and the world like in fairy tales. But after an incident, ev...
25.2K 2.1K 72
❝For as long as I can remember my heart belonged to you.❞ A twenty-year-old boy gets his life turned upside down with an unexpected turnout. With his...
2.9K 174 14
| NOVELLA | | fanfiction | • D R E A M A dream can be anything , either it's weird in your eyes or just something you could yourself never imagine...
11.2K 1.1K 88
Two extraordinary men find themselves captivated by a woman of intricate allure, whose heart seems unattainable. These men, driven by their unwaverin...