MAGIC CODE (BWWM) complete

By LBKeen

Life isn't as fun as it's cracked up to be. Jessie Patton learns this the hard way after a car wreck destroy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 *Final*

Chapter 12

2.9K 231 4
By LBKeen

Alex slammed into his house ignoring the shocked expression of Janice who was coming from the back. Stomping up the stairs he slammed into his room. Throwing himself on the bed, he stared at the ceiling.

How was he going to protect Jessie from his brother, he'd felt that power before, the leaked had affected every witch. Considering their kind could be easily influenced by it. A witch with great power could unwittingly draw to them those who'd willingly follow him or her. Some were so affected that they found themselves becoming lovers to those with greater power.

 He rolled over agitated, if Jessie was the source of power that everyone had been looking for. He couldn't let his brother know or he'd tried to pull her into their world to use her.

Sitting up, he jerked his eyes to the door when Janice entered. Her green eyes narrowed in worry, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, shifting his legs, over the edge, "I'm fine," forcing his face vacant of emotion, "How was the banquet?"

Janice shrugged opening the door fully, leaning against the door jam, "The usual, you're brother grabbed the Republican mayor by the throat and shook him." Rolling her eyes, "Figuratively speaking of course, but he'll grease their voting palms with green."

Alex nodded distractedly, "Has there been any more noise from the Worthington's?"

Janice stiffened, pushing herself up, "I thought you weren't interested in that business."

Alex mentally cursed, before he recovered by saying, "I found my familiar, and I've been thinking joining the family business isn't so bad."

Janice eyes narrowed in suspicion, "wha-."

She was cut off by his brother, who came up behind her, his blue eyes narrowed, "Alex, are you telling the truth?"

Alex, mind moved in lightning speed, he'd never really had any hate for his brother business. It just didn't involve him, due to school. But if he was going to protect Jessie, would have to know what his brother knew.

Meeting his brother gaze steadily, he nodded, "Yeah, I'm ready."

 Sitting in her chemistry class, Jessie waited for the other students to arrive. Absently swinging her leg back and forth, she read over her notes. Despite her crazy weekend, she'd found her day back at school pretty normal.

Glancing at her cell phone seated in the corner of the desk. Soon to be moved to her book bag. The one thing that could mar her peaceful day was the fact that Alex hadn't called or texted since Friday. It was only two days. It wasn't like he owed her anything, aside from an explanation.

She turned her mind to the class, when the teacher entered.

Later she was on her way to Theatre, when her phone buzzed. Pulling it from her pocket, she narrowed her eyes on the text.

"Won't be around, got virus." – Alex.

Grudgingly, she accepted his reason, and shoved her phone back in her back pocket. Deciding to answer it later after school.

After a week had gone by with no sign, or call from Alex. Jessie blankly ate out of her bag of chips. Elisa watched her, her brow furrowed.

"OH GOD!" Jessie jerked her eyes up, taken aback by Elisa's outburst.

"W-what?" She asked, placing her bag of chips down.

Groaning, Elisa grimaced at her grumpily shoving her trey aside, "Look, I know you're being all emo over Alex."

"What? I'm no-." She attempted to protest.

"Stop," Elisa glared at her, her blue eyes sparking, "Don't lie to me."

Elisa dug into her side bag, seated in the other chair, and tossed a beige folder on the table, "Here," Jessie looked at her, before hesitantly taking the folder, "Take that to his house, the lit teacher wanted me to take it, but I have a manicure appointment."

Standing she threw her bag over her shoulder, "Take that to him, and stop moping all over the place, it's depressing."

Jessie watched her stomp off. Turning her eyes back to the folder, she stood grabbing her own bag and headed to her own class.

"Wow?"

Her mouth slack with surprise Jessie looked over the country style mansion. Leaning forward over her steering wheel, she whistled allowed. "Well here goes nothing."

Driving up the drive way, her eyes wincing occasionally from the sun that peeked through the tall trees the lined the driveway. The warm wind, brought with it the smell of magnolias. Shaking her head in disbelief, she slowed once she reached the end of the drive way.

Parking the car, she narrowed her eyes on the two men standing in front of the entrance door. Both of them wore dark expressions. Getting out of the car, she grabbed the folder, walked towards the door. Walking up the steps, she expected to be spot but the two men ignored her.

Their eye remained staring straight ahead, they didn't even flinch when she knocked on the door.

Nervous, she took a step back and waited for the door to open.

After a few minutes, the door was opened by a brunette women, her eyes were the first thing Jessie noticed. Like green jewels they flared when they saw her.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The women voice was also smooth, with a very slight hint of country slang.

Jessie quickly lifted the folder, "I-I'm a friend of Alex's. I'm here to drop off his homework."

"Mhmmm." The women nodded, smiling she reached forward, "Thank you, I'll just take it."

"That's okay."  Jessie pulled the folder to her chest. The women taken aback, let her hand slowly drop. "I'll take to him myself, just, um, can you point me to his room."

Jessie shifted as the women assets her in silence, before with a raised brow she stepped aside, "Upstairs to the left, he should still be in his room."

Jessie nodded, before bypassing her and walking inside. She barely kept her mouth from dropping at the opulence of the inside. Quickly going up the stair case, she walked into the carpeted hallway.

Coming to a door, she knocked, trying to shove down her nervous butterflies.

The door opened, "What is it Janice?" Alec lazily looked at her, before his eye widened in recognition.

"What are you doing here?" He grabbed her arm, and pulled her inside, shutting the door behind him.

Jessie blinked at him, before she raised her hand and pointed at him. "You're not sick."

Giving her a dumbfounded look, he said,"Is that really important right now? What are you doing here?"

Dropping her hand, she tossed the folder on to his bed, "Someone had to drop your homework off." Crossing her arm, she frowned at him, "Plus I had some thing I wanted to ask you."

Groaning, Alex pushed off the door, and stopped in front of her, his brown eyes darkening, "You couldn't call? I told you my family is full of witches, you're in danger if you come here. You shouldn't have come here."

Rolling her eyes, Jessie glared up at him, "How am I supposed to reach someone when said person doesn't answer his phone." Her expression became thoughtful, "You never mentioned that your entire family was full of witches," narrowing her eyes she demanded, "And how would they be a danger to me?"

Sighing, Alex dragged a frustrated through his hair, grabbing her hand he turned towards the door. "It doesn't matter, you have to go!"

She jerked her arm out of his hold, "No. I'm not living till you explain."

Jerking around, Alex growled, "Explain what?!"

"The kiss!" Jessie shout rang in the room. She flushed, covering her mouth.

Dumbfounded, he stared at her, before suddenly he started chuckling crossing his arms. Humor gracing his face.

Frustrated, Jessie stomped passed him, "forget it," she opened the door. Only to blankly stare at the Janice women, whose eyes avoided hers.

Feeling her face heat, Jessie quickly apologized, before making her way towards the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 99.3K 44
Highest #1 - #babies #1 - #motherlove Terrence didn't waste a moment in pressing me up against the kitchen counter. "When..." He grow...
932 155 55
Ali may have escaped Trudy's clutches, but not without cost. As in the best damn surrogate big brother a girl could ever ask for. Now everything arou...
101K 4.4K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
28.5K 2.2K 40
When Charlie Miller loses her job the week before both her roommates move to California, she decides it's time to get out of Texas. But with her bank...