Chapter 5

At lunch time, she made her way to the empty table. Surprised when Alex didn't show up, she started eating.

"So you've started without me."

Jerking around she glared at him, "This time you did that on purpose."

He gave her a wolfish look, "Of course, why else would I hide in a corner till you arrived." He made his way over to the other side and plopped down.

"So, are you coming tonight?" He asked while he shoved in some fries.

She shook her head, "No, not today, I've got a plan with a girl I met in theatre."

"Oh really, new girls making friends." He chuckled as he swallowed some of his drink.

Starting to eat her own food, she glared at him, "I don't know why I feel like I've just been insulted."

He laughed, only for it to be cut short by the sound of another voice.

"Foist, are you enjoying yourself?"

The question came from a large jock, who grinned down at Alex. His grinning face twisted the scar that ran from his lip to the edge of his forehead. His buzzed cut hair, didn't help his appearance.  Jessie looked at him confused, noticing how Alex froze. The humor on his face draining, "What'cha want Jason?"

Alex voice was cold, he didn't move when the jock apparently Jason lifted up a carton milk.

His grey eyes held a cruel glint, "Well, you see I wanted to know if you'd found you're conscious. You know, I thought maybe, just maybe that you'd be ready to admit you're the one who took out Patrick last year. But it seems you aren't even thinking about that. Over here laughing with this," He paused his eyes running up and down Jessie form. He smirked, "chocolate little lady. So I thought I'd come over and remind you."

Jessie gasped aloud, when Jason lifted the carton and upended it over Alex's head. He shook it making sure every drop landed on Alex tossing the carton away, he laughed his co-horts laughing along with him.

Jessie stood, ready to say something, but Alex gritted his teeth and told her to stop. Troubled she looked from him to Jason. She looked across the cafeteria at the teacher but he ignored her.

She noticed the other students and teachers who were passing by pretended not to see.

Alex suddenly stood, his chair scraping back. Turning towards Jason he said, "Thanks, I was feeling mighty thirsty."

Pushing past the darkly faced Jason, he maneuvered his way passed the other jocks and left the cafeteria.

Jessie watched him go, her eyes worried, later that day she didn't see him again.

Alex walked passed the guards his brother has posted at the entrance to their property. The milk dripping from his clothes.

"Where'd you get all that milk on you?" Pausing on his way up the stairs, Alex grimaced as he turned to face his brother's wife.

She was a tall brunette who has eyes were sharper than a cats there green jeweled tone almost sparkled in the dark interior. She walked towards him, her blue suit fitting like a glove.

"You're all wet." She raised a hand to brush his hair out of his face.

Alex shrugged off her touch, "Some of the guys down at school, playing pranks."

She narrowed her eyes lowering her hand, "Now Alex dear, I hope you know that you can't lie to me. Is that nasty Jason still troubling you?"

Alex grimaced, "It ain't his fault if I'd listened to Warden back then my magic wouldn't have attacked Patrick when he hit me."