Unsealed Fate

By halishar

All she ever wanted was to become an independent woman, live a comfortable life and be useful to the society... More

Author's Note.
Chapter 1: The Visitor.
Chapter 2: The Good News.
Chapter 3: Good News Gone Wrong.
Chapter 4: Welcome Home.
Chapter 5: A Silent Doubt
Chapter 6: A Walk To The Party.
Chapter 7: Making New Friends.
Chapter 8: Perfect Collision.
Chapter 9: Zayn And Yasmeen.
Chapter 10: Strange Encounter
Chapter 11: Against The Odds.
Chapter 12: A Good Samaritan.
Chapter 13: Fatal Attraction.
Chapter 15: A Silent Voice.
Chapter 16: The Oasis.
Chapter 17: The Good Doctor.
Chapter 18: Lawless.
Chapter 19: A Vile Provocation.
Chapter 20: A Sudden Realization.
Chapter 21: Resentment and Prejudice
Chapter 22: Quest For Answers
Chapter 23: One Step Closer.
Chapter 24: Old Wounds.
Chapter 25: Family
chapter 26: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 27: What The Heart Wants
Chapter 28: A Quiet Place.

Chapter 14. Ahmad's Dilemma

133 31 46
By halishar

I'm dedicating this chapter to my special friends and anyone who has supported me in any way since I started writing this story.🥰🦋

Asmau Nurudeen (Jasmine): She provided the photo for our captivating cover. She has been an amazing friend.

Abdul-Wahab Muhammad (Dr. Honey): He voted for every chapter. He read our story even though he doesn't really read novels. That means so much to me. Thanks for all you do man. I really appreciate it.

Hanifah Abdulmalik(Daisy): She is online every day looking for images for our story. Thanks for your background support. I love you, sweetheart.

Lidia, Veronica, and Keilah: I don't know how to thank these angels. They persuaded me to go into storytelling. Thank you girls for all you do. I will not disappoint you, I promise.

To mention but a few. From the depth of my heart, I appreciate anyone who has at least taken a peek at this book. It doesn't matter if you're a ghost reader. Thank you so much guys, remain blessed. Alhamdulillah for the gift of life.

*****

Ahmad's Dilemma.

It had been almost half an hour since Zayn's arrival at Omar's office and the brothers seemed to be quite engaged in small talk.

Omar was already getting bored so decided he would take his brother for a walk around the facility and show him how things were run in the company. Almost abruptly he stood up from his chair and walked up to the door, then turned around, toward Zayn who was texting Ahmad on his phone.

"Come, let me show you around." He offered and Zayn looked up from his phone, without uttering a single word he rose to his feet and followed behind him. Veem was going to follow them too, but he motioned him to stay behind in the office. He couldn't have him sticking around all the time, he was slightly irritated by it.

"Man, I see you got yourself a bodyguard?" Omar asked as soon as they got out of the room.

"Honestly it was my old man's idea. I don't know why I'm still keeping him." He said flatly, stealing a glance at his phone to see if he got any message from Ahmad yet.

"You know, since I'm such a big baby my father decided to hire a watchdog to monitor my movements." He added and Omar laughed as they strolled across the corridor.

"I thought you were the one who didn't know your way around the city and needed a chauffeur to drive you around." Omar pointed out teasingly.

"Not particularly. At least a navigator could easily get the job. I can't blame my father though, he has his reasons by the way."

*****

Zayn was quite impressed by Omar's management of the company. Things turned out to be better than he expected. After visiting half the departments and interrogating some of the staff he couldn't help but admit that his friend had done a great job managing his father's Business. It was five years since he took over from his elder sister, Aisha, and was already making immense progress in the company. He kind of wondered how Omar managed to be a celebrity and take on those huge responsibilities.

"So, you're having no trouble running this company all by yourself?" He asked, staring back at Omar and watching as his eyes grew wistful. They were heading to the lunchroom. Though the lunch break was almost over, but the brothers wanted to eat something before leaving for the masjid to observe their Zuhr prayer (the Islamic prayer by Afternoon)

"Well, I won't say no, because all great businessmen pass through struggles but some have to struggle extra to reach the top. And that is where I'm heading for Zayn, the sky." He stepped around Zayn and led the way as they sauntered into the lunchroom.

They sat across from each other around a table for two in a corner of the room. One of the waiters immediately came to attend to them, upon seeing that it was the boss that had graced them with his presence. Although he rarely ate there, it was Zayn's idea that they visit there for he wanted to be sure he saw everything for himself before leaving the facility. Who knows when he'd be chanced to visit that place again?

"Welcome, sir. What can I interest you with?" Asked the waiter. He was dressed in the kitchen staff's black and white uniform.

"Give us the best of what you have," Zayn answered. The instruction confused the waiter to the point where he was about to say 'I was talking to my boss.' But he was unsure if the man was referring to him because he didn't even glance his way while he spoke. He had his eyes fixed on the flower vase in front of him.

The waiter directed his attention to the boss.

"What about you sir?"

"Let me see the menu card." Seeing that the man was with the boss he decided to hand him a copy of the menu card.

"You sure will make a nice boss," Omar said as he watched zayn curiously as he fiddled with the petals of the flowers that sat at the center of the glass table. It was more like he was studying them.

"You don't seem to have changed much." He said again, pulling Zayn away from his thoughts. He seemed to have zoned out a little bit.

"What do you mean?" Zayn asked and began to read through the menu. He had so many thoughts racing through his mind and none of them were helping. He was worried about Ahmad and feared that things might not end well with him and his wife if he didn't play his cards right. Also, he had not stopped thinking about his father ever since he received that text message from him a while ago.

"You were not paying attention. Something is eating you up?" In Omar's opinion, Zayn may seem dangerously cool but he still had a lot to learn before he could hide his emotions. They'd been friends since childhood and it wasn't hard to detect when his intimate friend was troubled.

"Is that the change you talk about?"

"As always you are only absent-minded when you're troubled. Go on, tell me, what is wrong?" Omar demanded in a concerned manner.

"I have this aura that something is going to happen soon." He replied shortly, having gone through the menu and saw that there wasn't any appetizing food or any of those traditional meals he was craving on the list, just junk. It was in the company policy to serve snacks only in the lunchroom.

"What are you talking about?" Omar raised a puzzled brow.

"I'll have a hamburger and an apple drink," Zayn told the waiter.

"I'll have whatever he is having," Omar ordered before dismissing the waiter with a wave of his hand.

Zayn could not possibly start telling Omar about the situation with Ahmad. It was an Amana trusted upon him by a loyal friend. He couldn't even give him the slightest hint, if he did that would be perfidious and he may never be able to face Ahmad again. And of course, Omar was their friend too but wouldn't it be best if Ahmad told him by himself? Zayn's father, on the other hand, mentioned that he shouldn't tell anyone about their meeting at the Oasis so he couldn't talk to Omar about that either.

"Are you worried about Elaine?" Omar questioned, upon noticing that his brother was hesitant with his words.

Who's Elaine? Zayn was about to ask before he realized something. A small smile made its way to his lips.

"It's pronounced Eye-Lin."

"Oh, Aylin?" Omar chuckled lightly.

"Yes...I had other things in mind. I just wasn't worried about her. Aylin should be the least of my worries right now." Zayn was saying as he folded the menu card in an airplane shape. He had a habit of playing with tiny objects like that whenever he was idle. It was a sign of the gifted, Masha Allah.

"So, how far is the engagement?"

"The engagement?" Zayn made a face as if he couldn't believe that Omar of all people was asking that question. "Our relationship is strictly platonic."He said, a little glad that the conversation was taking a different turn and all thanks went to Omar. Right now he won't be having any trouble talking to Omar about the actual issue. It was best they talk about Aylin instead.

"But you like her, don't you?"

"I like how we complement each other." He tried to be specific.

"I don't know why you're acting so cool. I can see you're head over heels in love with that girl but here you are like it means nothing to you." Omar pointed out to zayn and he fought the urge to laugh.

"So, what do you want me to do? Break a leg because I'm in love?" Zayn sat upright, still fiddling with the tiny airplane he made. Soon the waiter returned to serve them their meal.

"Why are you not objecting?" Omar murmured incoherently, rolling his eyes up to the ceiling.

"Maybe not objecting is my way of admitting the truth to myself." He said plainly, hiding a smile.

"Awe! Dracula is in love? Why do I find that hard to swallow?" Omar taunted.

"Omar please can you not call me that anymore." Zayn protested, taking a sip from the fizzy drink that was kept in front of him.

"But you still call me Khalifa."

"So?" He placed the drink on the table.

"So I'm not complaining." Omar was about to open his drink now.

"Are you intentionally being obtuse right now?" Zayn let out a laugh. "Khalifa is like the other half of your name. Father and the others called you that way before you even made it your nickname."

"I know that already." Omar huffed and Zayn stopped laughing and both men's eyes turned wistful.

"What?" They both asked in Unison.

"You go first." Omar gestured a hand at his brother. Since Zayn was three months older than he was, it would be wise to let him speak first.

"It's just that over the last twelve years I've not been able to talk to real people, eat real food. I'm doing that now and I wonder how I got by on my own during those years."

"Is this your own way of telling me that you missed me?" Omar held back a laugh and Zayn rolled his eyes and leaned back on the chair.

"Not just you. I missed everyone and everything." He confessed and you could see the sparkle in his eyes as he spoke. He loved home.

"It's good to have you home, brother." Omar held out his drink and they both made a toast.

†Earlier That Day†

†Somewhere In Kano†

The shrill of a familiar ringtone filled the room. Ahmad groaned and threw a pillow over his head, stretching a hand to reach for his phone on the headboard of his king-sized bed but failed to grab it. He gave a disgruntled sigh when the sound soon died off, ignoring the call just so he could continue his beauty sleep.

The phone had stopped ringing for a while but as soon as he was about to thence into another peaceful slumber, the serenity of the room was soon invaded by another traumatizing shrill which almost made him fling the creeping thing across the room.

"Ya Salaam! Why am I being forsaken?" He muttered, blindly reaching for his phone. He slid his thumb across the screen to connect with whoever was at the other end and pressed the screen of the Samsung product against his ear and cheek as he waited for the person to speak.

"Ahmad!" A deep bass called on the other end and he abruptly opened his eyes and sat up on the bed.

"Sir!" He pushed the bed covers off of his body and rolled out of the bed.

"Where are you son? His father questioned and before he could even say another word, Ahmad was at the door leading to the bathroom. "Have you forgotten what today is? You're still not up yet. A soldier doesn't sleep till daybreak."

"No father, I'm on my way." He slammed the door with a little more force than necessary as he hurriedly stripped off his jogger pants and white undershirt before tossing them into the laundry basket.

They were scheduled to hold a conference meeting at the Army Headquarters where the military men were to deliberate on how to suppress the insurgency that was eating up the Northeastern part of the country. Currently, there was a state of emergency in that part of the country and the army was planning to deploy another troop to start a major invasion but without the reports on the previous one, they wouldn't know how to start up the plan.

The chief of army staff, the minister of defense and armforces, and all other relevant people were going to be present at the meeting and since Ahmad's father, lieutenant general Kareem Abu-Bakr was the person in charge of the report on the six-month invasion on the terrorist group he had asked all the commands in charge of all operation to submit their report to him. He had to have everything documented and filed before the meeting got started.

"You still haven't given me your report. We'll find ourselves in difficult positions if you don't do that before sunrise."

"That won't be a problem, sir. I'll tell you everything. All the atrocities that they committed." He assured his father and the image of him watching the terrorist slaughtering some of his brothers before his eyes flashed in his mind and he punched himself on the head to shake it off of his head. He was traumatized deep down and nobody knew about that. He didn't sign up to work in the military when he didn't even have the guts to handle the sound of a gunshot, yet destiny had tossed him onto the wrong track and he'd have to trail that track, even if it meant losing his life in the process.

Ahmad was one of the troop commanders that led the siege on the Boko Haram terrorist in the Sambisa forest. He hadn't been himself since he returned from that operation. He thought coming back home to his wife he would be relieved of all his stress, little did he know that more trouble awaited him. He was currently faced with some kind of marital trouble and since he and his wife unusually got into an unnecessary argument they decided to take a break from each other. That was the reason Teslim had to go to her mother's where she felt safe and welcomed since she was no longer useful to her husband.

"I don't want promises, I want results. And you better be here on time." General Kareem warned, keeping his voice as firm as possible. It wasn't a father and son conversation it was strictly military business and none of the men was ready to throw that fact aside.

"Alright, sir." He said in a low voice and mentally heaving a sad sigh when the Lieutenant hung up on him. He ran a hand through his hair which was made into a low cut as he dropped his phone on the washbasin. He looked into the mirror and saw that his eyes were bloodshot from what went down the night before, he had cried his soul out because he was deeply unsettled and just wanted to run away from his problems but Qadr was playing a dangerous game he didn't understand with his life and he needed to just play along for the meantime.

He stood under the shower facing the wall, pressing both his hands against the wall and just allowing the warm water to trickle on his head and spread to every inch of his skin. He could feel the sweet sensation of the warm water on his skin. Maybe that was what he needed to clear his head. He had kept the water running low just so he could hear himself think. At this point in his life, any unnecessary noise was an enemy, he desperately needed some peace and quiet.

After the shower, he went on to put on his army green ceremonial uniform which had two stars, signifying that he was a senior commander in the Nigerian army. He had recently ranked up to that position after their successful operation, being one of the few that survived the attack. He was just a rank below his father who had three stars, a Lieutenant General which made Ahmad a Major General.

He never could have scaled up that high if not for his Father's position in the military and the connection the old man had acquired over the years.

Ahmad sat on the extreme edge of the footboard of his bedstead, crossing a foot over his lap and slightly leaning forward to tie up the thick lace of his black army boot, soon after he finished with that leg he swiftly moved to the other one doing the same to the boot, then subsequently sat up to properly hang his belts which had two stars and an eagle, an insignia for his rank in the military. Heading to the full-length standing mirrors in a corner of his room he saw a faint image of his wife helping him to fix his belt. The image became more lucid when he shot his eyes, pretending it was not his imagination that was playing mind games with him.

He remembered her doing that for him every morning. He missed her a lot. He missed those crystal-shard eyes of hers, staring softly at him as her delicate hands ran gracefully across his chest doing the most unimaginable things to his heart. They had been married for four years and every day he saw her, he fell in love all over again. It was like the time-reversed on her every moment that went by as she grew ever ravishing even with three kids. She was beautiful and she didn't even try. What happened to the love and understanding they shared? Where did he go wrong? Was it perhaps what the men of wisdom meant by nothing lasts forever? Everything changes with time. For Ahmad that change had come sooner than he even noticed. He was sinking into a deep sea and hardly felt himself drowning because when the peck of Qadr kissed him on the eyes, he went blind instantly.

Staring at his reflection in the mirror he heard the call to Adhan, and immediately went on to observe his Fajr Salah. During the prayer, he internally begged Allah to save him from his Misery, and with a dissatisfied heart, he rose to his feet and retied his bootlace again.

It was just five minutes past five in the morning and the meeting hadn't even gotten close to starting. He wondered why his father had rudely ruined his morning and now he was already having a throbbing headache.

He searched the cupboard where he had left the report papers and his laptop where he had all his slides and the soft copies of his documents. He went through his presentation again and just when he finished reading a thought hit him; What if he was chosen again to lead the troop on another invasion? Ahmad internally prayed they don't redeploy him to that place again because he didn't think his life will be normal again after his catastrophic encounter with the terrorist group.

He grabbed everything he needed putting on slim glasses and headed out of his lonely mansion of unknown numbers of rooms. He sat in his car and pulled out of the compound. He felt his stomach rumble while driving, an indication that he was starving. He hadn't had anything to eat since the previous night. That was the aftermath of his wife's absence, he missed her cooking. Ever since she left he hadn't eaten any proper meal, he survived on dessert and junk food. He was not the kind of man that ate out, especially because his wife was an awesome cook and always went back home hungry only to fill his stomach with her delicious African delicacy.

*****

After the conference meeting with military men which ended around noon. The chief of Army Staff had invited Ahmad and his father over for his daughter's birthday party.

Everyone was seated around the dining table. The dining room was spacious, enough to accommodate other members of the military and some important political figures.

Seeing that everyone was quite engrossed in feasting on the delicious meals and drinks in front of them, the chief wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with Ahmad, his soon-to-be son-in-law. He had been so impressed by him after seeing his performance today at the meeting. His presentation was good and he had also heard that he was one of the best, if not the best military commander in the army.

The chief beckoned Ahmad to follow him and both men excused themselves from the table which made The General smile on seeing that his son was with the chief.

"Your father tells me that you have a wife?" The chief asked, supporting himself with his staff as Ahmad followed behind. They were heading outside.

"Yes sir, a wife, and three children." It was the chief's daughter that desperately wanted to be with Ahmad. Since she was an only child and a spoilt brat the chief wanted his daughter's wish granted at any cost.

"Did my daughter know about this?"

"I don't know sir." They were now standing at the pool by the Command Guest House. The chief stayed in Abuja, he had only come to Kano because of the meeting and used the opportunity to see his wife and daughter who lived there.

"I see.." the chief smiled. "Well, do you still want my daughter? I mean do you want us to proceed with the wedding preparations?" He turned to look at Ahmad.

I never wanted your daughter. Ahmad couldn't help thinking. The chief took his silence as a yes because even he didn't know what to expect from the soldier for an answer. The young man had no say in any of their marriage arrangements with his daughter because whether he liked it or not he was still going to get married to her. It was for political reasons and his daughter's happiness. It was not only his daughter who was benefiting from the bond, both Ahmad and his father would also benefit because the marriage was a means to elevate their status in the military.

Moments later the chief dismissed Ahmad and went back inside. For Ahmad, there was no need to go back inside there to those greedy old men. He just needed to get away from his father and his friends. He saw the world differently from them and those people could never share the same opinion with him.

While he started to make his way towards his car, he felt a hand slip under him and he turned abruptly to see it was Hanifah, his fiancee. She was holding his hand in hers.

"You forgot about me, didn't you?" She asked.

"No, I can never forget you, habibti," He said, matter-of-factly, trying to hide how annoyed he was by the way she held him.

A strong desire to push her away and smack her across the face kept flickering in his head. But Ahmad was not the one to hit a woman, he couldn't even imagine doing that to an animal, let alone a human. He was too gentle and soft for a soldier.

"Hhhmm'' She looked up at him as if sensing that he was lying through his teeth. She looked short whenever she was close to him, even though she was taller than other girls of her age in the family. One thing Ahmad liked about home was how they considered themselves brothers and sisters even though they were an extended family. Hanifah didn't get that.

"What?" He furrowed his brows at her.

"You lie too?" She giggled.

"I don't tell lies" He smiled secretly.

"Why didn't you come to visit me when you came back from the operation?"

"I've been engrossed with work and responsibilities"

"Ever since you got back you've been busy with work?"

"Good thing you know that," He said, taking out his car keys as they walked to the garage.

"What did you get for me for my birthday?" she asked.

"Why don't we let that be a surprise?" He answered too quickly than necessary and felt her hugging his arm to her chest. He was already getting irritated by the way the whole thing was going. They were not officially married yet and she was already throwing her body at him. Unsightly! No sign of dignity at all.

"I missed you so much Ahmad," She said in a sweet voice that even he hadn't heard from her before.

Subhan Allah! Oh, Girl! there's no space for you in my heart. Why don't you get it?

He paused for a second, thinking of the most rational thing to say at that moment. He didn't want to hurt her feelings. He had done that many times before, but still she didn't want to give up. It was either she got married to Ahmad or embraced celibacy for the rest of her life.

"I missed you too." Ahmad simply said and looked down at her to see the priceless sparkles in her eyes. She was beautiful too but nothing could ever happen between them. That was the gospel truth.

"Really?" She looked so thrilled.

Why am I deceiving this little child? He mentally sighed.

"Yeah" He feigned a smile for the hundredth time.

"You've changed a lot," She said as they stepped onto the lawn leading to the garage.

"Really? How so?"

"You speak with so much politeness and sweetness unlike before"

He chuckled at the reason she gave. Even he didn't understand where the politeness and sweetness were coming from.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Is that why you are not so intimidated by me as before?" He smiled and she laughed, a peal of careless laughter that made him want to throw up for a moment.

He finally pulled away from her and got into his care the moment they entered the garage. They bade each other farewell and he just sped away until he got to his house. An amalgamation of anger and sorrow swelled in his chest.

On getting out of his car, almost immediately he rushed to his room. He felt like Haram all over. He just wanted to tell someone what just happened between him and Hanifah. How could he in his right senses allow a woman that wasn't his wife held him in such a manner? And he couldn't even pull away from her hold. He had been trying so hard to be nice to her in order not to hurt her feelings but it looked like he was doing more damage to himself than he was protecting her feelings.

He suddenly felt like quitting, No! He knew he should quit the whole marriage thing but he just needed someone to tell him that what he was doing wasn't the best for him or anyone. And that person had to be Zayn. He should be able to advise him on what to do since he had spoken to him about the marriage.

The second he took off his uniform he just picked up his phone and dialed up Zayn's line. He was the only person he could talk to at that moment.

"Assalamualaikum!" Came Zayn's voice on the other end.

"Wa alaikum salaam." He replied, collapsing wearily on the bed near his uniform. He wasn't even sure of what to say next. "Crap! This was a bad idea." He mumbled under his breath, unable to hear himself speak amidst the numerous voices in his head.

"Excuse me? Are you okay over there?" Zayn inquired wonderfully, upon sensing the distress in his brother's tone.

"I'm sorry brother, I was talking to myself." He cleared the air with a sigh.

"I know, that is exactly why I asked if you are alright?" Zayn came clean. That level of empathy from him was enough to boost Ahmad's confidence in his friend.

"Oh, can we chat via SMS then, if you don't mind?" Ahmad requested.

The short period before Zayn's response came from the other end was enough for him to gather up his thoughts. He wanted to communicate through text because he could not risk anyone listening to their conversation.

"Alright brother, do as you please." With that, they hung up on each other.

On the other side across the country, Zayn was seated at Omar's desk right in his office while there in Kano Ahmad was lying wearily pale on his bed. It was almost dramatic the scenario that he was typing as fast as he could while Zayn waited almost impatiently to receive his message.

Ahmed: My father wants me to remarry which I do not want to. He said my wife is uneducated and that I need someone with a degree and from a higher social class. My wife and I have been fighting over this issue for a month now. I'm afraid she is asking for a divorce. She has been nothing but supportive even though my dad has just been cruel to her. I don't know how to go about this whole issue. I need your advice, Zayn.

After typing that he tapped the send button and waited a few seconds for his brother's reply. And in exactly thirty seconds later it came in.

Zayn: Speak to your father before the wedding and tell him that you will feel uncomfortable in a polygamous home. Just tell him how you feel about the whole issue and make sure he gets the point that you are okay with your wife the way she is.

The moment he finished reading it, he texted back in a flash.

Ahmad: I've done that before. We have gone on and on about this topic to the point where I just gave up. He's my father. I have no option but to obey him. I don't care about the marriage anymore. If he wants me to take a second wife, I will. I'll let them have their cake and eat it, but I don't want to lose Teslim. I care about her more than anything in this world and I'll do anything just to be with her, forever.

Zayn after reading that smiled in bewilderment at his screen. He screeched his thumbnail along the rim of his phone pad while he paid attention to what Omar was telling him, trying to fathom the sense in the text he had just read.

Zayn: Is there any sense in what you just said? He simply texted back which made Ahmad frown slightly. He was annoyed that Zayn would rather be blunt as hell in a situation like that, rather than stress his brain to understand his point. He knew it was a bad idea to talk to zayn about it due to his aversion to polygamy.

Ahmad: Sheikh, you have to understand me. It is my father we are talking about here. You know how stubborn he can be. I'll just follow his orders that's all.

Zayn: Since you are so sure of what to do, why did you seek my advice? He texted back with a neutral expression.

Ahmad: That is because you are my friend and you should be able to help me out here.

Zayn: That people are your friends doesn't necessarily mean they should be the ones to help you in times of need. When God wants to help you, He can use anyone, even your enemy.

After reading that Ahmad flung his phone across the bed. He shot his eyes tightly, holding his head in both his palms, rolling from side to side. Had Zayn hiked up his throbbing headache with his last text? His dear friend had no idea what was going on in Ahmad's home. Even Ahmad didn't understand what was going on either. He just wanted to run away and forget that he ever met Hanifah. If there was any way the universe could just cancel her out of that timeline he would be most grateful.

The most painful part of the matter is the fact that he hadn't even told Zayn his actual reason for reaching out to him; he wanted to reconnect with his beloved wife, Teslim and he needed his friend's advice on how to go on about it.

He was still rolling on the bed when his phone beeped which indicated that he had received another message from his brother.

Zayn: In my opinion standing your ground on your issue is in no way disobedience. They may seem similar but there is a huge difference between risking a life and throwing one away. That's exactly what you are doing right now. You're throwing your life away. How do you explain to anyone with a brain that you love your wife yet you want to bring another woman into your home? If tables were to turn, would you have wanted that?

Ahmad sat up on the bed, trying to process the parable in the message from his brother. Maybe his friend understood his situation more than he knew after all.

Ahmad: Teslim and the kids are no longer with me. She moved to her mum's place. We haven't talked like normal couples for a while now. I want her and the kids back, but I just don't know how to make it right.

Zayn adjusted his position on the chair. He didn't know that piece of information before. Now that he knew he feared that the situation was beyond counselling, maybe fasting and prayers will do because both their marriage was on the brink of divorce.

Zayn: Why don't you apologize to her? He didn't know what else to type back.

Ahmad: It's not going to be that easy man. He sent back, with a sad face emoji.

Zayn: Have you tried? He returned his humor with a frowning emoji.

Ahmad: I said we are not talking. She didn't even pick up my call the last time I called her on the phone, which was a few days back.

Zayn: A few days back? You should call her every day even if you two are not talking. Now swallow your pride and do the needful soldier. It's not that hard. I mean now.

It was at this moment that Omar called Zayn's attention to go show him around the facility and he stood as he held his phone in his palm. He anticipated Ahmad's reply, trailing behind Omar. He had a hunch that whatever the problem may be, Ahmad had all the power in the world to resolve it. All he needed was a little wisdom and humility.

A few minutes after seeing the wisdom in his friend's words Ahmad finally came to his senses. Of course, there was nothing wrong with having more than one wife but the question is; how does Teslim feel about it? That was all that mattered.

Ahmad: Let me be frank here. It's not as easy as it seems though. I miss my wife. I miss her so much but I don't know how to tell her.

*Really? And you can tell me?* Zayn couldn't help but wrinkled his nose in disgust.

Zayn: why don't you tell her all this even if you would text it to her?

Zayn had never been in any relationship before so he didn't know how things worked with women.

Ahmad: Dude, over the phone? That would be disrespectful. Ahmad replied with shock.

Zayn: Okay, you can do that in person too, if you can. I suggest you visit her at her mother's. He sent it plainly.

Ahmad: They live in a three-bedroom apartment. Where would I stay if I go to her mother's place? I can't stay under the same roof with three women. It's just somehow.

Zayn: What's wrong with staying under the same roof with your family? Didn't you use to stay with them?

Ahmad: That was a long time ago when we were kids. The difference between yesterday and today is maturity.

Zayn: Alright, you can come over and stay at my place. I'm sure you will be comfortable staying under the same roof with me and grandma Inna.

Seriously since when did I become a marriage counselor? The man couldn't help thinking, amazed at how he provided answers to Ahmad's questions without even thinking twice. He tossed his phone in his pocket and focused his attention on Omar, not wanting to receive any more obnoxious messages from his friend.

Ahmad: Thank you so much, man. I appreciate it. I'll think about it.

When he waited some more, his brother didn't reply to his last text. He then went on to phone his wife.

The phone rang one time, but she didn't pick it up.

It did the second time again, no answer.

The third time, someone answered the phone and it was no other person than baby Fahad. He knew it was the child because of the noise in the background. It seemed like the kids were playing with their mother's phone as he could hear baby Fahad giggling in excitement. He was playing with his grandma. They didn't hear the phone ring because it was on silent all the while.

While everyone was in the living room with the exception of Hannan, his wife was up in her sister's room, doing nothing, in particular, just standing and looking around. She hadn't been in her sister's room in a while and probably didn't know what it looked like until that day.

Ahmad cut the call and phoned Hannan instead. With the gloomy way Hannan had answered him on the phone, he hoped that she had not heard about the disastrous news from his wife. Of course, she might have heard, weren't they sisters? Was she supposed to hide anything like that from her darling sister? But she promised him that she wouldn't tell her mother or anyone the reason that she had returned home. Did she change her mind already and betray him?

Things were slowly getting out of hand. Just as Zayn had thought his marriage was on the brink of divorce.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 15K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
11.4K 1.5K 53
In this life there are people who love for the sake of Allah (swt) while some love for materialistic things,what will happen when our sweet and carin...
76 14 7
"I will not marry him just because he is willing to invest in your company, which doesn't even have a future now, Abba!" "Sidra! Know your place and...
44.3K 3.8K 31
"Can a broken heart ever be mended?" ** c_elijah 2017