𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… π‘π„πˆ...

By sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Twenty

2.4K 65 1
By sadgirlzera

Reid carried his sleeping beauty on his shoulder, hearing a few snores every once in a while. After an 8-hour flight and a change in time zones, it was 2 pm in Italy. He had brought her to one of his beach houses, this is where he mostly stayed before he went to New York. After nodding to his security men stationed at the luxury home, he placed their bags on the floor, using the key in his back pocket to open the front doors.

The house was full of his artwork and the most expensive furniture in Europe. Even though they were near the village, they had their privacy along with a view of the Mediterranean Sea.

He gently placed her on the bed, and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She groaned, rubbing the side of her temples. "You're awake," He said, opening the blinds and pointing to the view behind them. "Welcome to Italy, my love,"

Diana smiled, standing up from the bed and walking over. She ran her eyes over the mediterranean sea, astonishment evident in her eyes. It was obvious she had never been to Italy—let alone travel outside of the United States.

When he opened the patio doors, they walked out and instantly felt the warm sun. "We have to go exploring,"

"Really? I thought we could rest today. You seem jet-lagged," He said, watching the way the waves crash on shore before turning his head. "I'm fine," She said, sending him a grin and placing her hands on her hips.

"Why don't we explore later today, yeah?" He asked, before holding his arms out, gesturing at his well-decorated beach house. "We have so much privacy,"

"We'd be wasting so much time. We should start getting ready now," She suggested, running her hands through her blonde hair.

"And it all can wait. You're going to regret going out so early. Your body needs to adjust," He mumbled, placing his hands next to her hips on the glass railing, trapping her between him and the railing.

"I'll let you shower with me," She smiled innocently. Reid wasted no time before picking her up and putting her over his shoulder again, earning a few giggles.

After a very pleasurable shower, the pair dried themselves with towels before getting ready for their day. When Diana was moisturizing her face, she leaned down on the sink when Reid walked past her. Her eyebrows furrowed together, and she side-eyed him. "I think you're forgetting something,"

He turned to her, and a few seconds passed. Finally, his eyes filled with realization and he slapped her ass, playfully. "Sorry, baby,"

She blushed, flipping her hair over her shoulder while looking at her skin. After an hour of putting her makeup on, it was finally time for them to leave. And they walked out of the villa, excitement pouring through their veins.

Diana and Reid walked around the village with their hands connected with nothing but smiles on their faces. This was the first time they could go outside as a couple, and they were extremely excited. For the last three hours, they've traveled around the city of Positano, Italy. They had some dinner and checked out a few monuments before deciding to walk around for a little bit.

The blonde noticed the way almost every girl that passed them, trailed their eyes to Reid. She understood that he was an attractive man with impressive features but it didn't reduce the amount of jealousy that seeped through her veins. He was tall and he was so manly, especially with the tattoos on his muscular arms.

"What's with the frown?" He asked, grabbing her attention. She simply shrugged, looking at her acrylic nails. "These girls are practically eye-raping you, and you didn't seem to notice,"

"Oh, I noticed," The Italian admitted, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer. "I just don't pay them any attention because I have everything I need right here,"

Her heart fluttered with warmth. She didn't know why she felt so insecure, Reid assured her that he only had eyes for the blonde and he always made it clear.

Just then her eyes trailed to the expensive stores that surrounded them. He chuckled at her expression, running his hands through his hair. "Welcome to La Via Dei Ricchi. It has all the expensive designer brands right here on the street,"

He grabbed her hand and began leading her to the stores. First, they entered Dior where she spotted a black pair of heels. "These are pretty," She whispered to herself before walking off. Reid grabbed the same shoe and called Anna—the worker over.

"Sì, ne prenderemo tre in una taglia 38," He said, and she nodded. (Yes, we'll take three of these in a Size 8)

The Maxwell moved to the other side of the store where his blondie was looking at about a dozen bags on the wall, with widened green eyes. "Everything looks so amazing,"

She turned around, focusing her attention on the Dior perfumes at the front. The worker returned, almost as if she knew she would be needed again. "Prenderò uno di tutto," He assured and her eyes widened. (I'll take one of all)

"Uno di tutto?" The woman asked, letting her eyes wander over the expensive bags. Some of them were about €25,000 and he wanted all 12 of them. "Sì,"

She nodded, clearing her throat before making her way back to the cash register. "Okay, I'm ready," Diana said, as she walked over to Reid, and gestured for them to walk out. When she realized he wasn't moving, she frowned. "I've got to pay, Blondie,"

"Pay? I didn't pick anything out," She said as they were making their way to the cash register. In front of her was everything she looked at, all packaged nicely in plenty of orange Dior bags. "Reid, you don't have to—,"

"I do," He simply said, pulling out his wallet. Anna looked at Diana and smiled. "È molto bella,"
(She's very beautiful)

"Che lei è," Reid responded, while the blonde just looked between them, awkwardly. (That she is)

Suddenly he received a phone call and Matteo's name flashed on his screen. She watched as he exited the store, placing his hand in the pocket of his pants while looking around the expensive street.

"Do you speak English?" Diana asked, earning a nod from the worker. "You don't really have to scan all of these bags. I-I mean this must cost a fortune,"

"He is boyfriend?" Anna asked, plugging in numbers in the register. She gently nodded, her lips curving upward at the thought. "He take care of you. It is hard to find person like that,"

Reid returned shortly, complaining about Matteo's nagging. The cash register revealed the price— €302,000.

"Holy shit," She said, her eyebrows furrowed together. That was enough to buy a home or an expensive car. She couldn't fathom the idea that 12 bags and three pairs of shoes were that much. She made less than that in one year.

He pulled out his shopping card, and handed it to the woman, his eyes moving to the displays. "Quanto costa quel vestito," He asked, as Diana rolled her eyes. She could infer he was asking Anna about the dress even though he spoke in another language. (How much is that dress?)

"€4,000," She responded, and he hummed. "Taglia 38 per favore,"

(Size 38 please)

Anna walked to the dress and soon returned with it on a hanger. The blonde shook her head, and Reid only kissed her forehead. "I can never spend enough money on you, Diana,"

When they finished at the store, they went to the bathrooms at the back of the store. Once the blonde came out, she saw Reid leaning on the wall, his attention on his cuff links.

"Reid, can you take a photo of me?" She asked, handing him her phone. He nodded, opening her camera and snapping a few pictures. When she was handed back the phone, she cringed. "These are atrocious,"

"I'm not a photographer. I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing," He confessed, and she rolled her eyes.

"Turn on Flash, make sure the phone is straight, and take about 300 selfies," Diana demanded, handing him the phone. He followed her request, delivering words of affection while she posed. When she looked through the photos, she found one she really liked and favorites it.

After they left, they went to Prada and Gucci. After a while, Diana realized she couldn't even look at anything because he would buy it. It felt refreshing having someone spoil her. Obviously, she had money to shop for herself but she was grateful that Reid took care of her.

He carried all their bags, he didn't want her to hold anything. When they were walking out of Gucci, He suddenly stopped, his eyes trained on the Armani suit in the display. He cursed under his breath, moving the bags to his arm before taking off his sunglasses to get a better look.

"If Armani wasn't closed, I would buy it for you right now," She said, leaning her head on his chest, moving her eyes up and down. "It's not that important,"

"Are you kidding? You just spent all that money on me. The least I could do is buy you five of these. We'll be back tomorrow," She assured, and he knew her mind was set.

"Come, I want to take you somewhere," He said. After about 10 minutes of walking, they finally landed at a building. He knocked on the door and waited patiently before a middle-aged woman opened it. When she spotted him, she cheered in Italian and pulled him for a hug. Diana watched with a warm heart, they seemed very close.

"You said you would come back. I haven't seen you for months!"

"I never broke my promise. I'm here, aren't I?" He asked with a cheeky smile.

"I see you brought a girl. And the girl likes expensive clothes," The woman said, her eyes trailing across the shopping bags on the floor.

"This is Mariposa. She was my mother's half-sister. They only met once in their life before my mother moved to America. She makes the best Mille—Fille,"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Diana," Diana said, holding her hand out and Mariposa raised her right eyebrow. "American," She pulled the blonde for a hug, kissing her cheeks 4 times. "In Italy, we kiss on cheek,"

She rubbed the back of her throat, a light blush covering her cheeks. "I'll be back with the Mille-Fille," Mariposa mumbled, before walking away from the door and to the kitchen.

Just then a boy came into view. He seemed to be about 5 or 6, but when he looked at Reid, his eyes widened.
The Maxwell bent down, wrapping his arm around the child before tickling his stomach. Diana chewed on her lip, watching Reid be so playful with him made her think about the future.

She wanted kids and she wanted a ring on her finger but maybe it was too early. Ever since she was young, she had a goal of having a child before 30 but she was almost 29 and that plan was failing. She knew the relationship they shared was solid but she wondered how Reid would react if they had a conversation about having a family.

The small boy looked Diana up and down. "Chi è questa bellezza? È molto carina,"

(Who is this beauty? She is pretty)

"È preso, Toni. Lei è la mia fidanzata. Temo che sia già mia," Reid said, while Toni just threw his head back and groaned. (And taken, Toni. She is my girlfriend. I'm afraid she is mine)

"Why is he crying? Did I do something wrong?" Diana asked but Reid just rolled his eyes. "No, he does that. Watch this,"

He bent down in front of Toni and opened his wallet, bringing out money. "Ti pago 100€ se non dici a tua mamma che ti ho fatto piangere," The small boy's face instantly lit up, and he quickly grabbed the cash before running away. (I'll pay you €100 if you don't tell your mom I made you cry)

Mariposa returned with a brown bag full on Mille-Fille, handing it to them. "Now, American. You can't eat it when it's hot, you have to wait until it cools. It will burn your tongue,"

"Yes ma'am," Diana said.

"You are very pretty, what are you doing with this thing?" Mariposa gestured towards Reid who rolled his eyes. "He's not that bad," Diana teased, earning a chuckle from the woman.

"Alright," The Maxwell said, handing the woman €500. Even though the treats cost about €10, he still wanted to support her which is why he gave her extra money.

"Grazie, Mariposa. I'll be back soon," He kissed her cheek politely before she nodded and shut the door.

"She seems nice,"

"Yeah. Seems. Just wait till she gets angry. The amount of time she tried to kill me when I lived here," He scoffed as he picked up their bags. She began running her temples, suddenly feeling a wave of exhaustion. "Reid, I think you were right. I'm starting to feel jet-lagged,"

"Then let's get you to bed,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817K 14.5K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...
2.2M 78.6K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
45.1K 2.2K 33
❝You promised me❞ β™œ Spencer Kingsley holds more power in his hands than he thinks β™œ After years of waiting for Madeline Lockhart, Spencer is finally...