My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Jack!

234 8 3
By MadeenahJunaid

'Ping-pong! Ping-pong!!'

A short, non-repeating sound came up, and Eliana saw a message. It was from Jack.

'Hey! A crazy man broke into my house today didn't want to tell him where you lived, but he made me. Please don't come over or go to sleep at home today.'

'What?' Her smile dropped as she texted him back, right away.

'I shot him in the head. He wouldn't even die. He looked like a zombie with fangs and now he's after me.' Jack replied to her text in a minute.

'Jack... where are you?! You're freaking me out!'

Impatiently waiting for his reply, her ringing tone interrupted. With the thought of Jack, she saw the caller-Sweet Mum.

"Ugh!" She cut the call in frustration. "Why would she call at this time? Who could this stranger be? A Vampire?" Eliana's trembling fingers dialed Jack's contact.

'What the fuck? Pick up the damn call!' she hissed abruptly and scratched her rough, blonde hair. Pondering over the thought. 'They can't attack. Asher would have sent a warning.'

'Ring-Ring-Ring!'

It was another call from Maria. Eliana picked up the call and abruptly placed the phone over an ear. "I'm busy now. I'll call you back!"

She ended the call before her mum could even mutter hello.

Looking around, Eliana caught the weird stares of other customers. She was in the middle of an eatery, taking breakfast. Eliana rolled her eyes at them with an exasperated sigh.

'How annoying?!' she grabbed her denim jacket. She placed an amount on the table while putting it on and storming out of the building.

Looking at her white Lexus Jeep, Eliana realized how useless it was to rent one. She ran into the streets, to catch his scent, which wasn't even there. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she struggled. Eliana hard to control her irregular breathing. Her feet pounded across the road as her lungs strained.

A thin layer of sweat covered her nape, and she quickly wiped it out. Running towards the woods. 'Yes, the woods.'

She could feel his presence there.

The cold air bit into Eliana's lungs as she hurried towards the direction. She darted past people, buildings, and trees. Gut-wrenching, heart pumping - after several thrusts forward her legs became tired. At this great speed, Eliana could barely see a few feet ahead of her. Then she paused. Her hands and legs flung at the movement the moment her sharp sight saw his car.

He parked the beetle-like Volkswagen by the side of the road. Its engines were still on and the front door to the driver's seat was left open.

"What the heck?!" Eliana placed a hand on her head, knowing that he wasn't there. "They must have trapped him."

Eliana deepened a hand into the pocket of her denim jacket and brought out her phone. Swallowing down the hysteria in her chest, she called Lilah's number.

"Hello..."

"Look, I need your help right now! I'm in trouble, I don't know what to do... Who to call!" Eliana stormed, puzzled at the situation.

"What happened? Are you okay?!" Lilah pulled up from her bed, trying to connect the dots.

"He sent a message. I think Jack is in trouble. They might kidnap him... I don't know. I can't even pick up his scent!" Eliana stuttered the words, trying not to panic.

"Okay, breath... Calm down." Lilah encouraged. "Where are you? Give me an address and I'll meet you there in five minutes."

"Huh.... I have to go now. I can't wait a second!"

"No, Elie! That's risky-"

"Just help me check on my mum! Stay with her till I arrive!"

'Duuu-duuu-duu.'

A flat robotic sound followed.

"Shit!" Lilah dropped her phone on the bed and hurried to her wardrobe. She changed her outfit into an orange jumpsuit and stepped out of the house.

"Where are you going?" Benita questioned with raised eyebrows.

"I'll be at Elie's! See you later." Lilah shuts the door before her mum brings up another question.

After Eliana ended the call, she stormed into the woods with her feet flying over stones and leaves. The wind whipped her hair back from her face as her jacket rose behind her every step. She pumped her legs, gaining speed with each push. Her sensitive eyes ear he'd the forest and there was no sign of movement.

'Ring-Ring-Ring!'

A sound like a bell ringing vibrated in her denim jacket.

She unbuttoned the side pocket and brought out her phone.

'Jack.'

The name displayed made her eyes widen as she dialed the number.

"Hello, where are you?" Her voice spelled concern.

"They're after me, I... I don't know who they are. I just ran. The car I left was Eliana. I'm scared."

"Who are they?"

"I have no idea... I do not know why I'm going through this. There is a hut in the woods. I don't know where this might be, but I need to get out of here."

'Beep-Beep-Beep!' A sound of disconnection followed. Eliana dialed the contact again, and he switched it off.

Focusing on the building ahead of her, Eliana sprinted.

Facing forward, she saw a hut. Eliana sprinted slower this time. She stopped, surprised by what the hut was doing there, right in the middle of the forest. The temperature was getting cold. Colder than it was some minutes ago. As if clouds of fog gathered around her, Eliana shut her eyes, trying to get his breath. The chipping birds and croaking frogs distracted her. They came slow and steady. She hardly heard a breath.

Eliana bolted toward the front door. It opened with one push. The steady pound of her footsteps echoed into her ears. She felt a bead of sweat rolled down her hairline and splattered to her chin. Eliana didn't mind wiping it away. She could hear his heartbeats.

Faster, closer... Louder.

There were multiple doors in the small hut. 'How possible?' She met with another glass door and pushed on it. It didn't move. She kicked on it and it cracked at once. Shattering into a million pieces.

"Jack... Jack, are you there?" Her voice quivered as she called him. Walking in and tearing the web of spiders was a stinky sight, but Eliana approached.

Then she saw Jack there. Sitting on the bare floor with his head buried between his knees.

"Oh, there you are." She rushed to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, he froze. With fear.

"It's me." Eliana's voice came as a relief.

He raised his face to hers and hugged her at once. There was a deep cut on his forehead and his blood tickled on her jacket.

Fresh and red.

Her presence was a savior.

"What happened?" She asked.

He pulled out of the hug as if she had planned it. "I need you to tell me why this is happening to me! Why did that freak? That maniac attempt to kill me?!"

"I have no idea, but I'll find out. I promise... You're alright now." Eliana muttered, trying to call Lilah to make sure her mum was safe too.

"I don't get. This is between us. Talk to me, Eliana." His angered eyes glared at her and her soul filled with disappointment. "Talk to me, Eliana! It's barely a week since you came back into my life! Who are you, Eliana Lucian? Who are you when no one is watching?"

She placed a hand on her chest, feeling her racing heartbeats.

"I don't want you to leave me. To hurt yourself or to hurt me... It's. It's hard for me to tell you."

"What are you saying? My life is in danger and you still want to keep secrets? I just got attacked by creatures like aliens. I'm still moved. Look at my hands!" He looked at his trembling hands and he wiped out the lingering blood from his face.
"Just look at my bloody face! I barely know you and you want me to... Trust you? To accept you?!" Jack scoffed at her. His eyes widened, filled with tears as he yelled at her.

"If... If you remember. The night you invaded those gangs at Three Angels Motel, I told you I am a werewolf. I'm not like other people, Jack. I thought you got the idea then. Now I know you didn't." Eliana explained. She clutched at his shoulders, trying to focus on his impeccable face.

"What? Werewolf. What... What does that mean?" He strutted the word like a foreign language.

"It means I'm faster and stronger. My senses, stamina, and agility, are. I am human with the ability to shape-shift into a wolf, by the affliction, with the transformations occurring on the night of a full moon. I am a slave to the full moon, Jack. Half human, half wolf. Healing, shape-shifting, and even tracking you. I am that wolf you shot at. This is a secret, but... I can't hide it from you for long. You are the father of my unborn child."

He stepped back in fear and the tears rolled down his eyes. Eliana pulled closer, studying his eyes. He walked out of the room and Eliana followed.

"Are you scared of me?" Jack rushed out to the main door and locked it.
"Jack!"

"Got you!" A dark smirk graced his lips. He stepped out of the door before she realized what he intended.

Eliana pulled the doorknob, and it shook aggressively. The jeweled fire in his eyes scared her.

"I didn't send those people, trust me! I can't risk putting your life in danger." She explained, trying to make him see the reasons.

Jack suddenly smiled and then stopped. "No one is after me. I tricked you." He licked the liquid-like blood. "Hmm.. Yummy. Corn and chocolate syrup with food coloring."

Her eyebrows arched upwards, and her jaw hung slack. Eliana stared at him, flabbergasted. It shocked her to the bones. Her accelerating heartbeats made her hands twitchy at his betrayal.

"I sent that message to bring you here, dummy!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 636 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...
7.7K 434 56
(Becomes an excerpt 6/4) Aliya craves every good, bad, and uncertain task that comes with becoming Noah's Luna, and, hopefully, a mother. But danger...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...