𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐄𝐈...

By sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Eighteen

2.2K 74 10
By sadgirlzera

Kenneth lifted his hands and slowly sat in his office chair, his eyes bouncing to the clock on the wall. The atmosphere was thick and the tension was enough to cut an apple in half. Reid poured himself a glass of Brandy from the alcohol stand, before taking a seat in front of him. The gentleman crossed his legs after he leaned his umbrella on his chair.

Diana sat next to him, it was obvious she was still shaken up about the incident. He placed his hand on her arm, grabbing her attention. "Blondie, Jasmine's waiting outside in the car outside,"

"I'm not leaving when I know you're capable of using that pistol,"

"I won't," He whispered, looking at Kenneth. "I only brought it to scare him. A pistol is too good for someone like him. This motherfucker is going to jail where he is going to rot for the rest of his days. I just need to have a little chat with him, one on one,"

She slowly nodded, standing up from the seat. Kenneth watched as she bent down and connected lips with Reid, something that made his fingernails dig into the palm of his hands. He had never imagined his wife kissing another man. Even though they were both cheating on each other, it fucking hurt.

When they finally broke apart, she smirked, wiping the edge of her lips before walking out. Reid turned to the Mayor and pulled out his gun with his left hand while holding his glass in his right.

"Do you want to hear a story, Mayor?" He said, earning a confused glare from Kenneth. He immediately felt his body tense, he could lose his life at any moment.

"14 years ago, there was a boy. A small boy who had just come back from playing basketball with his friends. He had glasses, a few pimples, and scrawny arms but it was normal because puberty was evident during this time of his life. He returned home, only to see his mother dead on the floor with a bullet hole between her eyes and a note. The note explained that she couldn't handle being pregnant by her husband who constantly hurt her," Reid assured with a deep undertone to his voice.

"I killed my father with this gun," He held up his pistol, taking a sip of his Brandy. "Tell me why I shouldn't do the same with you,"

The Mayor frowned, pressing his lips together. "You don't have to do this. I'm your friend. Think of all the memories we have together,"

"I'm gonna be honest with you, Kenneth. I only tolerated you because I wanted your wife. I was after her the whole time, I didn't give a fuck about you," Reid assured. "Tell me where the recorder is,"

"You want to expose me?"

"You're a fucking pathetic man who hits his wife. Of course, I want to expose you. I mean, it's either that or—," He said, taking the silencer off the pistol. "You lose your life,"

"I-I," Kenneth started, feeling his throat tighten and his palms begin to sweat. "I can't tell you,"

Reid chuckled, placing his drink on the desk and standing up. He made his way over to the man, placing the gun at his temple. "You know, I am a gentleman and I stand behind my words. If you don't give me what I need, I will kill you,"

"Fuck you—," Reid jammed the end of the gun into Kenneth's nose, earning a cry from the older man. Blood began to fall down his face and it was obvious, that his nose was broken. "Please,"

"Where,"

"Please stop this madness. Do you want money, I can give you money—," The Maxwell adjusted his rings before he punched his face, a few teeth falling onto the floor. Kenneth cried out in pain, cupping his bloody cheek. "Where?"

Kenneth still refused to open his mouth. This time, Reid wrapped his hand around his neck and squeezed hard enough to make the man fight for his breaths.

"Cabinet," He finally whispered, pointing to the cabinet in the car corner of the room. Reid peeled his hand away from his neck, giving Kenneth a second to breathe before he punched him again. The Mayor's glasses broke causing shards of glass to stab his cheek, earning a few screams from him.

The Maxwell panted, wiping the blood off his knuckles with his handkerchief as he made his way over to the cabinet. When he spotted the recorder, he smirked and pulled it out.

"Do I get to live now?"

"No," Reid said, grabbing his collar. "You wasted too much of my fucking time,"

Kenneth groaned as The Maxwell slammed his head on the table, hearing bones crack in his face. But Reid wasn't done before he had punched him repeatedly until The Mayor could barely breathe and looked a bloody mess. He had two black eyes, there was a large cut over his eyebrow where blood escaped from his flesh and he had a broken nose.  "That is for being a dickhead,"

"And this," He said, aiming his pistol at his temple. "Is for putting your hands on Diana,"

Just when he was about to press the trigger, he heard a voice. "Reid!"

He grunted, turning his head while still holding the gun at Kenneth. Diana stood at the opened door with her eyes widened as Jasmine stood behind her. "I told you to stay in the car,"

"And I told you don't do this!" Diana said, walking into the library. "Just take a moment to think. Remember what happened when you went to jail the first time? You lost a part of yourself, something that you'll never get back. You wanted me, I'm yours but if you kill this man, you spend the next 30 years in the cell right next to him. You two end up in the same place and this would have been for nothing,"

Reid looked at Jasmine, who only mouthed the word 'Please.'

He hesitated before lowing the gun and wiping the blood off with his handkerchief. With a flexed jaw, he put his gun away and picked up his umbrella. Jasmine sighed, grabbed Diana's hand, and the pair walked to the car.

"You know I could sue you for assault!" Kenneth yelled, blood flying out of his mouth.

"With what evidence?" Reid asked, making his way to the door while he buttoned his suit, running his hands through his dark strands. "Consider this your warning, Kenneth. If you touch Diana again, I will kill you,"

And with that, he walked out with the recorder in his hands.

"Mayor Kenneth Samuels has been arrested for aggravated assault and battery toward his wife, Diana. There are recordings of him hitting her, and choking her. There are also leaked pictures of him with another woman, Ondini Mae Cameron. The Defense Attorney—Diana has already pressed charges against him for his abuse. If he is found guilty, he can spend up to 15 years in prison," Jasmine, Diana, and Reid all sat in his living-room, while watching the news.

"If?" Jas asked, narrowing her eyes. "We did all of that for an If?"

"Well, he's not technically arrested. He still has to go to trial so the court can decide how many years he will spend if he's guilty. That's only if he doesn't take the plea deal. If he takes the plea deal then he will admit to being guilty and—,"

"Damn lil mama," Jasmine mumbled, rubbing her temples. "You sure can talk a lot,"

The blonde frowned, letting her shoulders drop as an embarrassed blush coated her cheeks. "I just get so into this stuff,"

"Diana," Reid suddenly verbalized, while keeping his head and playing with his rings. "I'm sorry. I lied to you. I said I wouldn't hurt him but I just... lost control,"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. When she smelted his cologne, she practically melted into his chest. "You showed me how a real man should protect a woman and I thank you for that,"

Their lips soon connected for a soft which soon turned into a make-out session. Reid's hand cupped Diana's ass, before disappearing behind her top and unbuckling her bra. She moaned in the kiss, feeling the sensation of his tongue piercing.

Jasmine threw two pillows at them, harshly. "Okay, break it up. I'm still here!" Diana sent her a small smile pulling herself away from Reid who only licked his lips at the sight of her ass.

"Man, you down bad," Jas shaking her head, playfully while the blonde fixed her bra.

Reid's lips suddenly formed a line, and he cleared his throat. "Jas... I'm sorry. I know you said I act irresponsibly and I only proved you right, today,"

She sent him a small shrug. "You were only protecting Diana, Reid. I'm just glad you stopped before the police came, you were arrested, and your career was over. All of this—," She pointed to the large home.

"Gone,"

"I don't really care about this. It was all for Diana and now, we both need a new change of environment,"

"Eh?" She asked. "So can I have everything in here and sell it?"

"Yeah, I'll keep the house for a few years before selling so you can do whatever you want. I don't really need any of it," He shrugged, earning a cheer from his friend.

"I'm bout to be rich! I'm bout to be rich!" She danced, while Diana giggled, running her hands through her blonde hair. They chatted for a few more hours until it was time for Jasmine to hit the road.

"Listen, I'm moving to London to meet with Oliver. We plan on settling down there. I may not come back to New York, so this is goodbye," The trio walked to the front door, and Reid opened it. Jasmine pulled them for a hug, savoring this moment.

"Take care, guys,"

"Take care, Jas," Diana said, feeling a gentle tear fall out of her eye. Jasmine wiped it away and smiled before walking toward her car. "So what's gonna happen with your marriage?"

"I will send divorce papers to Kenneth and have him sign them. Luckily, we signed a prenup so everything that was mine before the marriage is still under my name,"

"So you'll be a single woman?"

"Not single," Reid said, turning his head so he could crack his neck. Jasmine rolled her eyes. "I'll text you the address so you know where to send your wedding invitation,"

"Marriage?" He asked, his eyes widening. "It's too early,"

"Is it?" Diana asked, tilting her head to the side, a mischievous shimmer evident in her eyes. Reid felt his heart drop while he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "W-Well I mean, if you're ready—,"

It was quite funny, Reid Maxwell—the hot Italian promiscuous boy who all the Italian girls loved was stuttering because of one special girl.

"No. you're right. It is too early," She said, shaking her head. "Diana,"

"You're right,"

"Fucking hell, I'll buy a ring right now," He admitted, but she just placed her hands on her hips. "And I would say no because it's too early,"

Reid turned to Jasmine and said, "This girl is going to be the death of me." She simply laughed, and entered her car, rolling down the window.

"Till we meet again, old folks," She said, blowing them a kiss before driving off the lot. Diana and Reid watched her car disappear before heading back inside.

"Would you really say no?"

"Reid!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 78.6K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
121K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
178K 4.7K 41
Diana Kingsley is a name that sends shivers down the body. Considered the most attractive student at Golden Gates Academy, One of the most prestigiou...
9.6M 459K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...