Love Blossoms in Strange Cond...

By Milky_boyy

(Cover Art By Me) A lone wolf is all alone in the cookie kingdom while a little gardener tends to the flowers... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Prologue

219 5 0
By Milky_boyy

The sun shined bright that day, beaming down on everything within the kingdom's walls. A kingdom was filled with cookie life from left to right, and shops and homes lined the kingdom streets. Light casted upon these things and brought it to life, as another day began in the world of the cookie kingdom.

Herb quietly watered the bushes in his garden, watching as the water dripped down the leaves into the soil below. Flowers were bright and colorful as pollen loomed in the air, making it noticeably harder to breathe in. This didn't disturb Herb as a plant himself, tending to his friends who he wanted to live comfortable lives. The wind blew and shook the leaves gently, with Herb's hair moving in the same motion.

"A bit chilly today," Herb spoke to the plants, "perhaps I should bring the others inside."

He lifted the watering and turned in the other direction. While carefully holding his watering can, he walked to his porch with his potted plants sitting upon it, comfortably facing the warm sunlight. Herb placed the can down on the porch and took a potted plant, holding it in his arms like it was a child. 

Herb strolled down the rocky path to his home where many of his plants were seen in the window, almost like they were watching Herb as he walked up the steps to his door. He took one hand and opened the door, still holding the plant against himself.

When opening the door, he was greeted by a smaller cookie, playing around with a stuffed cake hound toy.

"Hello Snow Sugar," Herb greeted cheerfully, "and what do you have there, may I ask?"

"Oh! It's from a friend!" Snow Sugar smiled.

"A friend?" Herb put down his plant.

"Yes! A new one."

"Who's the new friend?" Herb had leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms.

"They wouldn't tell me their name, but they were big and had a cool hand! They said they lead an army too! I asked if I could see for myself, but they said no."

"An army?" Herb had his suspicions.

Snow Sugar nodded. "Yup!"

"How do you know that's true?"

Snow Sugar took a minute to come up with something. "Well... I don't know, I just hope that I could see it one day."

Curiosity arose in Herb, "Could I meet this friend of yours?"

"Sure! If I find them again."

Herb chuckled. He wasn't sure of any cookie he knew that had a funny looking hand and that led an army. He knew of cookies that were in armies or fought, but nothing that would have fit the hand description. Herb shook off the thought, and remembered about the plants.

"Say, Snow Sugar?" Herb called out.

Snow Sugar gave their full attention to Herb. "Yeah?"

"Can you help me for a moment? I have a few friends who need to be carried inside, can you do that for me?" He politely asked.

"Yup!" Snow Sugar agreed, dropping the toy on the ground.

Herb held out his hand, allowing Snow Sugar to hold onto it as they walked outside. They walked down the path together, hand in hand, as they approached the garden. Snow Sugar's eyes widened open to the sight of the flowers scattered across the garden, colors of the pedals and vines filled the entire place.

"Oh my..." Snow Sugar whispered in astonishment.

"Do you like it?" Herb leaned over to Snow Sugar.

"Yeah! It's pretty!" They jumped around childishly.

"Come along now, let's go do what we're here for."

Herb guided Snow Sugar over to the other two plants left on the porch. Herb let go of Snow Sugar's hand, letting Snow Sugar waddle over to one of the plants.

"Ooooh! What's this one?" They pointed to a set of whiteish pink flowers.

"Ah, these?" Herb lifted the pot Snow Sugar addressed, "these are Calanthe, also known as 'Christmas Orchards.' They usually bloom in the winter."

Snow Sugar tilted their head, "but it's fall?"

Herb frowned, "I know... strange, isn't it?"

Herb stared down at the Calanthe, now pondering why such flowers have bloomed so early. 

Herb quickly snapped back to reality, handing down the pot. "Here! You may carry them over; they don't weigh as much."

Snow Sugar smiled, "ooh!"

Herb grabbed the other plant and made his way past Snow Sugar, heading down the path they just took to the garden. With Snow Sugar behind Herb, he noticed someone knocking on his door from a distance as he was making his way back. They seemed to be waiting for quite a bit, waiting for someone inside his house to open the door; only to soon realize no one was inside.

"Snow Sugar, quickly go inside. I believe there's a visitor," Herb mumbled.

He went to the door, seeing who the visitor was waiting for them. Standing at the door was an old friend, someone he knew as Latte cookie.

"Oh! There you are Herb cookie." Latte cookie spoke, tilting her hat.

"Hi Latte! A bit busy right now, can you open the door for us?" Herb asked, looking down towards his doormat.

"Oh! My apologies, I'll get it," she said as she kneeled down.

Latte lifted the mat, revealing the keys to the home. She quickly took them and twisted the door open, shifting the keys around.

"Thank you! Snow Sugar?" Herb turned around to them, trying to encourage modesty.

"Thank you!" Snow Sugar blurted, running into the house.

"Careful!" Herb warned them, turning back to Latte, "anyway, what did you need?"

"I had a favor to ask you," her tone shifting from gentle to worried.

"Ah, I see. Come inside, this sounds important."

"Indeed," Latte gripped onto the keys nervously.

They entered the house, seeing as Snow Sugar had already grabbed the cake hound toy and was already playing with it. The other plant rested upon the table, Herb making his way over to place the pot there in order to continue the conversation. He brushed himself off, giving his full attention to Latte.

"Keys?" Herb questioned, holding his hand out.

"Ah! Here, sorry."

"Thank you, now..." Herb pulled out a chair from the table, "tell me, what did you want me to do?"

Latte took a seat and sighed, "you know a thing or two about plants, correct?"

Herb giggled, "yes, it's even a part of me."

"I figured. Listen, we've been having some trouble with our flowers recently, in front of the school's building. They've been dying, no matter what we do."

Herb was surprised by her questions, "Oh? Perhaps they need specific care? I would recommend introducing a different plant species-"

"No, that's not the point. We know we have an easy plant to care for."

Herb became reasonably concerned, "what kind?"

"Pansies."

"Pansies? How... how could you mess up Pansies? No offense, of course," he raised his hands defensively.

"No offense taken. It's just that... even when we have people looking over them during the day, they always die as soon as we return to school the next day. Of course, I'm just a professor in magic, so I know nothing of plants. All I ask is that you check them out, see what's happening to them; everyday we lose a few more."

Herb thought decisively, "that's definitely an issue. From the sound of it, it may be something at night... could something be eating them?"

"No, it's not like they're being torn to shreds, they just die. Specifically, they wilt and wither away, they almost turn gray too..."

Herb put his hand on his chin, "huh, perhaps... no..."

"What?" Latte brightened up, "even what you're thinking about might not be possible, I'd still like to hear it, anything could be happening-"

"The temperatures," Herb interrupted, "the only thing beginners really struggle with is with the natural temperatures of the area, considering pansies can only survive in a certain amount of heat and frost."

Latte stared blankly, "So, you think it may just be the temperature at night?"

"Yes, most likely. The thing is, it's only fall. It shouldn't be getting cold enough for the plants to die, and definitely not hot enough either."

"I thought so too."

There was a silence amongst them. Not even Snow Sugar was making enough noise to break the silence.

"So, when would you like me to come see them?" Herb spoke.

"Tomorrow," Latte had room to think, "since school is out for the day."

"Okay, you'll see me in the morning then, when the sun rises."

Latte stood up from the chair, making her way towards the exit. Running into Herb, she offered a handshake for approval. 

"No need to be professional, Latte. It's just a favor for a friend." 

Latte smiled, "yes, but I am a professor after all. I must remain professional even if you won't. Just doing my job!" 

They laughed it off, Latte tipping her hat one last time as a farewell and made her way towards the door.

Herb watched as she left and stared at the door as his mind wandered off. Looks like someone else will have to look out for Snow Sugar, Herb thought to himself. He had no idea how long it would take for him to go to the school, check the flowers, and then come back. All he could do was walk. Perhaps another cookie will have to do him a favor, but who could possibly babysit Snow Sugar while he was away?

That's when Herb thought of the "friends" Snow Sugar keeps making while they were away. Surely, there was a cookie Herb knew that he could trust in caring for Snow Sugar.

"Snow Sugar cookie?" Herb called, "can you come here?"

The sound of loud footsteps got closer, and Snow Sugar turned the corner.

"Yeah?" Snow Sugar made themselves present.

"How would you feel about being babysitted by someone else tomorrow? I have to leave for the day, and I'm afraid I won't know when I'll be back..."

"But you usually let me stay here alone?"

"I know, but I may be gone for too long and won't be able to make food for you; I may need someone else to be here just in case."

Snow Sugar frowned, "Awww! Come on, you can trust me!"

Herb chuckled, "I do trust you silly! Like I said, someone needs to be here to make food, and I'm almost certain you don't know how to use the stove for hot cocoa."

"Hmmm... yeah..." Snow Sugar hung their head.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to get someone you know! In fact, we'll go look for one of your friends and see if their willing to take care of you tomorrow."

Snow Sugar smiled, "really?"

Herb nodded, "of course! Now come on, who shall we ask first?"

"Pancake cookie!"

"Don't be silly, Pancake's a kid too; he can't use a stove either."

Snow Sugar thought about his answer for a bit, "uhm... how about- Clover cookie!"

"Oh!" Herb was surprised, "you know Clover?"

"Yeah! Does he use a stove?"

"I'm sure he does. Come on now, let's go see if he's free tomorrow."

"Yay!"

Herb held Snow Sugar's hand as they went out the door together, with the cake hound toy tagging along of course. They made their way through the kingdom streets, all the way to the forest where a cookie played tunes for all the animals of the trees and ground. Herb had been familiar with Clover, but both lived very busy lives doing their hobbies. 

Clover was more than happy to assist Herb tomorrow as Herb got ready to assist the flowers; it was going to be a busy day in the cookie kingdom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.2K 76
Come join the dark side of wattpad, my friend. None of the characters belong to me! Credit to devsisters!!! (It's rated mature cause I curse. FYI: th...
1.8K 36 8
From partying in another Kingdom, to being introduced to the Cookies of Darkness, Clover Cookie has a lot of information to take in. Pure Vanilla Coo...
67.7K 1.7K 22
Pure vanilla x she/her/they/them (more fem) reader Summary; Y/N cookie (or whatever flavor you are) leaves for an adventure for the first time in ye...
18.3K 475 49
Caramel Arrow Cookie and Affogato Cookie do not like each other. That is always apparent. But one night, the king's advisor decides to up and go spra...