𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… π‘π„πˆ...

Av sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... Mer

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Sixteen

2.2K 63 11
Av sadgirlzera

Reid adjusted his cuff links, letting his eyes wander to the massive country club in front of him. Today was the Peach Tree Society's Anniversary Gala. The only reason he was here was that he had just returned from his Presidential Suite and he found out Diana was attending with her husband. Only the richest of New York were allowed entry, it was a gala for A List Guests.

After he was cleared at the front doors, he walked inside and ordered himself a drink at the bar. There were about 200 people who attended, some of them chatting while others were listening to the classical music the live band played. Once he received his drink, he thanked the bartender and walked toward the center.

When he spotted Kenneth who talked amongst other men, his eyebrows furrowed together. Where the hell was his blondie? As the man offered him a small wave and ushered him over, Reid took a sip of his Brandy and headed that way. "Mr. Maxwell, it is great to see you,"

"Likewise, Mayor," He said, before turning his attention to the men. "This are my business associates, Marcus, Liam, and Chris—,"

Suddenly, a loud wave of laughter touched the four walls and Reid turned his head. Diana was chatting with a group of ladies, holding a small glass of sparkling water. She wore a light yellow dress with the newest designer heels. Her blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail revealing the expensive diamond earrings she wore. When she connected eyes with Reid, her face lit up and her orbs filled with affection. 

She excused herself and walked over to the boys, standing in between Kenneth and Reid. "Mr. Maxwell,"

"Mrs. Samuels," He said, trying to hide the fact that he was having an affair with the woman next to him. Kenneth's business associates walked off after finishing their conversation, leaving the trio alone. When Kenneth wasn't looking, Diana tapped her cheek and Reid gave her a peck, earning a blush from her.

"The weather is quite nice. I think it went in the 80s today, which is interesting for April," The Mayor assured, Diana burned her eyes into the side of his face. She could only think about him and his mistress.

"Many of my friends are driving down to Long Beach before the weather gets rainy out again," Reid verbalized, Kenneth's eyes traveling behind him.

"Excuse me," He said, suddenly walking away from them. When Reid was about to speak to Diana, he felt a presence behind him as he turned his head.

"Fiorella,"

"Reid," She said, offering him a small smile. "I must say you are a hard man to find but when I saw you here, I just knew I had to come to say hello. I saw your interview on Jimmy Fallon,"

The Maxwell frowned, her hand trailing up his arm as she pulled herself closer. Diana crossed her arms, looking the woman up and down before rolling her eyes. He grabbed Fiorella's wrist, and took a step back, earning a confused glare from her. "You didn't really think the woman I had my eye on was you? We don't even know each other,"

"But we could. I think you're a dazzling man and we're both single right? I can make you forget about the other woman. I mean, I am a model," She chuckled, placing her hands on her hips, confidently. The blonde wanted to curse her out, but she only took a sip of her drink instead.

"I need you to understand something. I am in love and it is certainly not with you," He said, placing his empty glass in her hand. "Now, would you be a dear and take that to the bar for me?"

Fiorella frowned, her eyes landing on the glass in her hand. She hesitated before walking towards the bar, shaking her head subtly. Diana shrugged even though there was a small smirk on her lips.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked, and he quickly nodded, grabbing her hand subtly. "Of course,"

She looked around before pulling him into the nearest closet, locking the door behind her. Almost immediately, her hands wrapped around his neck and she pulled him down for a kiss. He cupped her cheeks, feeling his knees buckle just from her touch. When they broke apart, their foreheads rested against each other's and it was obvious they longed for one another.

"I missed you," She whispered, a small pout settling on her lips. "When you were in the city, I felt so lonely,"

"Aren't you needy," Reid chuckled, and she smiled softly until her lips formed a frown.

"I'm divorcing him," Diana confirmed, sighing. Reid's lips parted as shock appeared on his features. He had been yearning for those words ever since he reunited with Diana, and it was finally happening. Everything that he had done in New York led to this moment, this was the prize.

"I haven't told him yet because he's a crazy man. He'll try and find information so he can blackmail me but he's having an affair with another woman. I can—,"

"What did you just say?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing together. It was obvious he found it bizarre how a man could cheat on someone like Diana, was Kenneth out of his fucking mind?

The Blonde shrugged, rubbing the back of her neck. "He's cheating on me and I found out yesterday. It's totally cool because I'm doing the same thing but he doesn't know that. I can make it seem as if he's the only one that cheated and that's why I'm divorcing him,"

"So what do you need me to do?"

"I just need proof and then—,"

Just then, they froze as they heard voices on the other side of the door. "You have no idea how much I just want to get you to my apartment," Kenneth said, as Diana frowned. What Apartment?

"I want that too but you have to wait. And you can't touch me like that, Kenneth. We're in public. What if your wife saw?"

Diana's eyes widened as realization flashed through her orbs. She knew that voice. It was Ondini Mae Cameron, his journalist. Of course, it all made sense now. He had spent an exceptional amount of time with her, claiming that she was working on an article about him.

"She is just a housewife who doesn't suspect a thing. She's too slow to realize what's going on,"

"Cunt," Diana whispered, placing her hand on her chest, obviously offended. Reid quickly took out his phone, and quietly opened the closet door. He took a picture of the pair before closing the door and showing the screen to her.

"There's your proof," When the voices dialed down, and they walked off, she grabbed the phone. "You can't just take a picture of someone without their consent. It's illegal in the state of New York,"

"Okay, who gives a fuck Miss Defense Attorney? We'll sell it to TMZ anonymously and everyone will know he's cheating. Then, you can come out and divorce that long-neck ken doll. That way your image is still clean,"

She nodded, zooming in on the rose tattoo that was on Ondini's arm in the photo. It matched the same tattoo she saw last night. It was definitely Ondini Mae Cameron who was sleeping with her husband. How could she have been stupid, the signs were right there.

"Hey," Reid said, lifting her chin with his fingers. "I know that look, you're blaming yourself. Don't fucking do that,"

"Okay," She promised, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip. "I was gonna ask if maybe I could—,"

"Yes!" Reid said before clearing his throat and placing his forearm on the wall. "Yes, you can move in with me. Let's leave now, so we can pack your stuff before he gets home,"

"Are you sure?"

"You know why green is my favorite color?" He asked, swiping his tongue across his bottom lip. "Because of your eyes and I want to wake up to that every morning for the rest of my life,"

Diana blushed, looking at her heels while trying to hide a smile. "Shut up,"

The next morning, Mayor Samuels knocked on Reid's front door, his hands behind his back. When Charlotte opened the door, her eyes narrowed. "You're the Mayor, right?"

"Correct. I'm looking for Reid Maxwell. I need to speak with him," The man offered a kind smile and the assistant found herself cringing. Something was off behind those dark eyes that tried to act innocent, something that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

"Alright, Mr. Mayor. Please step inside," Charlotte said, before closing ten door after him. She excused herself and walked up the west stairwell.

She knocked on Reid's bedroom door, crossing her arms and waiting patiently. It wasn't long before he opened the door, shaving cream in his hand. "What?"

"The Mayor is here to see you. He said it's urgent so hurry up and—," Her voice dialed down when she spotted Diana, and she raised her left eyebrow.

"She must be special," Charlotte mumbled, playfully teasing him. "I've never seen the same woman in your bed twice,"

"Fuck off," He said before closing the door. He turned to Diana, who dried her hair with a towel, a few hickeys on her neck. "Who was that?"

"It's Charlotte. Apparently, Kenneth is here and it's urgent,"

"It's about me," The Blonde said, feeling sadness pour through her veins. "I want to run away. I can't do this anymore," She mumbled, a tear escaping her eye.

Reid sat down on the bed, and pulled her into his lap, placing his hand on her thigh. "Where do you want to go?"

"Somewhere far where people don't recognize us. Maybe The Maldives or Mauritius. Just take me away from here," She mumbled. "I've never been outside of the United States,"

"What about your job?"

"I'm afraid my days are coming to an end. I only have 2 months as the DA left, and the process for the next DA has already started. I'll finish my current cases and say goodbye,"

"Okay, whatever you want, blondie," He pecked her lips, and nodded. "Now, I'll be back. I just have to speak to your dickhead of a husband,"

His eyes landed on the ring on her finger and he clenched his jaw. "You should throw this pathetic shit out. It doesn't even fit your finger correctly. What kind of man buys his wife a ring that doesn't even fit?"

"I don't think it was for me, actually. He told me that he had a fiancé before he met me but they canceled the wedding. I think this is her ring," Diana said, standing up from his lap and pulling him up from the bed.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Reid cursed, disgusted.

"Just go," She said throwing a pillow at him. He groaned, and walked out, leaving her alone in the master bedroom.

"Mayor Samuels, what can I help you with?" He asked, running his hands through his newly-washed dark strands while he walked down one of the staircases.

"Yes, you see I'm looking for my wife, Diana. I came back from the party yesterday only to see she had disappeared. She left her bedroom door wide open purposely trying to show me that she had taken all her stuff and left. Now, I'm just asking folks around the neighborhood if they had seen her,"

"No, I haven't," The Maxwell promised almost immediately, keeping his face stone-cold.

"Tell you what, why don't you check the city. I'm sure she probably got an apartment out there," He said, wrapping his arm around the smaller man's shoulder, and leading him back to the front door.

"Check the city? That will take weeks," He sighed, taking off his glasses and cleaning them. "Why do you think she left you?"

"Because she's ungrateful," Kenneth assured, rolling his eyes. "I shouldn't be worried. She can play all these games but at the end of the day, she'll always come back home,"

Reid flexed his jaw, trying to control his anger. Finally, he took a much-needed breath and opened his front door. The Mayor stepped out and turned to face him.

"I'll call you if I see her. Goodbye now," The door closed before Kenneth could even get another word out. "Poor excuse of a fucking man,"

He made his way back upstairs to the bedroom and he heard a gentle humming from the bathroom.

"Diana," Reid said, walking inside. When he spotted the blonde applying more concealer to her bruises, his eyes narrowed. She cursed, quickly looking down while looking through her makeup bag for her brush.

"What the fuck?" He said, grabbing the bag. "Diana, look at me,"

She slowly lifted her head, nervously feeling her throat tighten. Reid analyzed her bruises, clenching his jaw as his eyes grew darker. "I need to know who the fuck did this to you,"

"I-It was nothing,"

"Diana," He warned, pushing his silver rings closer to his knuckles, almost as if he was getting ready to use them. The tone he used told Diana he wanted to know the truth and she shouldn't lie.

"Kenneth," She whispered and that was all he needed to know. He slammed the bag on the table and walked out, as she followed him. "Reid, don't do anything. Please don't do anything,"

"He hurt you. He put his fucking hands on you,"

"And he apologized," She lied, grabbing his forearm so he couldn't turn and walk out of the door.  "Just promise me you won't touch him and you'll leave him alone?"

"I can't just let him walk a free man, Diana. Don't you get it? I need to hurt him,"

"Please," She whispered, placing the back of her hand on his cheek. He groaned, rolling his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. With her emerald eyes pleading silently, he knew he wasn't going to last long.

"Fine," Reid said even though he was already thinking about how bloody Kenneth's body would be when he was done with him.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

4.6M 142K 48
BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic teacher's bones, the secret billionaire...
45.1K 2.2K 33
❝You promised me❞ β™œ Spencer Kingsley holds more power in his hands than he thinks β™œ After years of waiting for Madeline Lockhart, Spencer is finally...
506K 13.6K 37
"Get away from me."I took her soft hands from my chest and pinned them on the wall.I closed the gap between us but our lips didn't meet.She looked in...
21.4K 213 22
Mature content 18+ only BOOK 1 IN The Dominant series "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take...