Smoke And Mirrors (BNHA x Mal...

By silverowlbells

"Is this hero school or rehab, because the difference isn't exactly clear." Pop quiz, how do you clean up on... More

1: Lights! Camera! Action!
2: Read The Fine Print
3: That One Mulan Song
4: And So Yuka Was Born
6: Sometimes I Forget
7: Only This Once
8: Speedy Take Off
9: Testing The Limits
10: Don't Wait-Burn Your Bridges Today
11: Mis and Mutual Understandings
12: Its All About Your Look
13: Mori Saves The Day
14: Straight Out Out Of The Gate Pt. 1
15:Straight Out Out Of The Gate Pt. 2
16: Off Vibes
17: The Usual Kind Of Spotlight
18: Suffer Through It
19: Outside Voice
20: See If I Care
21: Mori-Teacher Interview
22: Can't Stress This Enough
23: Don't Tell Me
24: Fix It
25: Blindsided
26: Break A Few Eggs
27: Put It All On The Line
28: Put Your Hands In The Air
29: Under The Rug
30: Safe Combination
31: Behind The Scenes
32: Lend An Ear
33: You Tried Pt. 1
34: You Tried Pt. 2
35: Welcome Back
36: Just Check
37: Regularly Scheduled Program
38: You Again
39: The Path We Walk
40: Little Terrors Pt. 1
41: Little Terrors Pt. 2
42: Left Field

5: Knock Down Drag-out

4.6K 314 76
By silverowlbells

Waiting for the countdown to begin was probably the most nerve wracking part. 

Seriously, it was like waiting for your name to be called at an awards ceremony. And yes, his name was always called. 

Call it egotistical or just prepared, Taiya didn't really care. 

He took a moment to observe the people in his group. There weren't a lot of people that stood out. 

"The rest of you extras wont even know what hit you.". 

Except that guy, apparently. Blond hair, bright red eyes and a nasty attitude. Too much confidence too, honestly. He was trash talking them and they hadn't even started yet. Who did this bastard think he was. 

"There's no point in even competing with me. None of you stand a chance." The blond continued. 

"Hey, put your money where your mouth is!" Another examinee shouted. 

"Yeah, you probably have a shitty quirk. Stop trying to make yourself seem cool." Someone added. The blond seemed to enjoy their rebuttal. 

Taiya rolled his eyes and huffed loudly. The blond looked over at him instantly, glaring daggers through him. "You have something to say, you plain looking fucker?" He spat. 

"Yeah I do." The teen smirked, "What makes you think you're so special? Mommy tell you you're handsome or something?". 

This seemed to anger the blond teen further. "What the fuck did you just say to me?!" He bellowed, palms open. Taiya wondered what his quirk was for that to be his fighting stance. 

"I said, do you think you're so special 'cause your mommy said you were handsome?" Taiya repeated. The blond took a step closer and grabbed his shirt collar, glaring holes through him. "Wow, up close I'm sure she was lying.". 

That seemed to piss him off even more. He was glaring so hard Taiya was sure his eyes were going to bug out of his head. 

"Alright, we're ready to rock and roll!" Present Mic shouted over the pa system, startling the blond haired man enough to get him to let go of Taiya's shirt. "Ready? Three, two , one GO!". 

The two students made eye contact for a moment before they shot off down the road. 

The blond haired guy blasted himself ahead using explosions. He was hovering above the ground. Meanwhile Taiya was keeping up with him just running on the ground. 

Perks of being an apex predator, he supposed. 

Something pricked his ears and he took a sharp turn, losing the blond and coming face to face with one of the three pointers. 

Eying the thing, he tried to figure out the fastest way to destroy it. He figured it was a lot like fighting Mori, just go for the parts that hurt the most. Yeah, he wasn't exactly the cleanest fighter, but in his defense there was no other way to win against that bastard. 

Which on a robot would be....the wires. 

He continued running until he was right in front of it and leapt right onto its head. The robot started spinning, trying to shake Taiya off. In an effort to stay on, he extended his claws and dug them into the metal of the robot's weird two head thing. 

That gave him an idea. Using the gouges he had already made, he ripped the steel apart and just started slashing at the wires. After about three swipes the thing went dead. 

"Ha." Taiya said smugly, looking around. He spotted two more coming towards him. He steadied himself and leapt to the back of on of the two pointers that were approaching. 

He clambered up to the head and just slammed his fist straight through it. Immediately it powered down. 

The adrenaline was really pumping now. He was actually doing well! He might actually have a shot at it. 

He jumped to the next one, but was shoved off. As he fell to the ground he saw the blond smirking at him. 

"First come first serve loser." He laughed. Taiya glared at him, gritting his teeth as he jumped back up, slamming into the blond. He did the same punching move to the robot before the blond even had a chance to get back up. 

"First come, first serve." Taiya repeated with an evil grin. The blond looked like he was about to explode with rage. 

---------- ----------- ------------ --------- ----------- ---------- ----------- 

Meanwhile in the observation room, the teachers had mixed feelings. 

"I think they're both interesting. Clearly they're both powerful, but their attitudes are amusing." Nezu said with a smile. 

"They're little demons." Vlad King sighed, "If either of those two get in, which at this rate-". He checked the score, "Is pretty much guaranteed, I'm not taking either of them.". 

"You can't possibly make me take both them." Aizawa protested, pointing to the screen. "Look at them!". 

Tachibana had hurled Bakugou through a nearby wall and proceeded to kick through the head of a one pointer. Bakugou blasted himself out of the now cracked building, hurtling into Tachibana. 

"I didn't know Black Panther was such a versatile quirk." Midnight piped up, "Its interesting to see how little of the animal like aspects Tachibana is utilizing.".  

"Remember that other examinee you had your eye on?" Nezu asked. Midnight nodded. 

"Asui Tsuyu?" "Yes. Although she doesn't have a transformation quirk, there are more aspects of her quirk she has yet to use as well. Whereas others are going all out. Perhaps that's something to look into when they enter U.A." The principal smiled. 

"You sound pretty confident." All Might said, "There's still one test left.". 

"Ah yes, my mistake." Nezu laughed, hitting a large red button. "Lets see how everyone deals with the real challenge.". 

All eyes were glued to the screen as Midoriya Izuku destroyed the zero pointer and saved Uraraka Ochaco. Aizawa was pretty sure he saw All Might shed a tear at the selfless act of heroism. 

"Whatever about the other two?" Aizawa asked. Vlad King laughed, he had been checking up on it every once in a while and knew exactly what had happened. 

"They tore it to shreds.". 

"I'm sorry what?" 

"You heard what I said.". 

All the teacher's eyes were diverted to the screen displaying test field two. And yeah, Vlad was right. The pair was punched, kicked and blown that thing to smitheries. 

Now that the exam was over, they were both walking away, but the rest of the examinees, who were sheltering from the giant monster together, looking mildly horrified. 

Nezu smiled at Aizawa, who got chills up his spine. "I'm not taking both of them.". Nezu just continued to smile. 

"We'll see.". 

------------ ------------- ----------- ----------- ------------- ------------ ----------- 

When Taiya exited U.A, he was surprised and relieved to see Mori's car (the normal one, not the black one he usually took Taiya around in) parked in front of the school. 

"I thought I was taking the subway." He said as he climbed into the passenger seat. Mori gritted his teeth.

"Well circumstances have changed. I forgot about something important." He explained. 

"What?" Taiya asked, slightly hostile. "What could it possibly be?". 

"Han-gyeol's birthday party is tomorrow.". Taiya inhaled sharply through his teeth. 

Hwang Han-gyeol was a good friend of his. They had met when they were both 14. Han-gyeol had just debuted with his band and was taking his first leap into acting, playing a friend of the protagonist's younger brother in a kdrama. Taiya had played the younger brother. He had done a few acting gigs in Korea before, but despite the experience difference they got close quickly. Their friendship had become quite famous over the years, or infamous depending on how you framed it. 

There were a lot of comments telling Han-gyeol to stop hanging out with Taiya, to stop interacting with him, that he was a bad influence. Pretty much every scandal their group had was pinned on Taiya's bad influences. 

Honestly Taiya was glad to take the hit, because his reputation was already trash and he didn't want Han-gyeol or his members to suffer. Fans though were pretty excited about their friendship, usually supportive when they posted pictures or something. 

"How did I forget?" Taiya groaned, sagging in his seat. "I bought the present months ago! Its been wrapped in my closet for ages.". He gripped his hair, stressed. "Okay, apartment, then airport.". 

"I already got the present and some of my own clothes, the company has clothes waiting for you to wear to the party in Korea and the plane is waiting." Mori relayed perfectly. "We're going right now.". 

With that, he pulled out of the parking spot and started speeding towards the airport. 

There was a moment of silence as they drove before Mori glanced over at Taiya. 

"So kid, how'd the exam go? Do you think you did well?" He asked softly.

Taiya just shrugged but couldn't stop himself from smiling a little bit. "I think it went well.". 

"So you smashed it out of the park?" Mori laughed. "That sly fake modesty always means you absolutely killed it. You do the same thing after a good performance.". 

"I'll have you know I'm very modest." 

"Sure kid, sure.". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That last part and the next chapter are basically dedicated to my friend who has asked several times for me to have a character who's a kpop star. She's really into kpop and I decided to finally give in 😅

She picked the names and everything, really they're her ocs at this point, I just came up with the personalities. And yes, there are more of them, but I'm not going have all of them feature in this fic cause like no one can keep track of that many ocs. 

I took a bit of a break with this fic unintentionally to finish the double update, cause I thought it would be more fun to put the U.A entrance exam and the party right next to each other, just to show the difference between the life Taiya lives in real life, and the one he's trying 

Please forgive my poor scheduling abilities and read chapter six now! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 169 23
Sawamura Kimiko is joining UA's Class 1-A on a personal recommendation from a pro-hero. Her dark past and unusual quirk draw the attention of many, b...
258 18 17
15 year old, Y/n, was a girl that had been put into UA through recommendations. She had the power of all the elements, plus more, but was forced to h...
80.3K 2K 60
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
816K 26.9K 26
Your entire life has been spent in a experiment facility. Your quirk is strange and powerful, and no one can quite pin point what it is, which is why...