Something About Him

Galing kay CrystalWings-

"Let go of me" I murmured trying not to create a scene. "Why" He asked in his usual deep voice with his grip... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: A love that consumes you
Chapter 2: The irresponsible player
Chapter 3: Luke Hamilton?
Chapter 4: 'That feeling'
Chapter 5: Damaged goods
Chapter 6: The mysterious one
Chapter 7: The sleeping beauty
Chapter 8: Stupid Damien!
Chapter 10: Viral pictures!
Chapter 11: A real badass
Chapter 12: The perks of being popular
Chapter 13: Fallen angel
Chapter 14: As the night gets darker
Chapter 15: So close...yet so far
Chapter 16: Not a freaking dream!
Chapter 17: 'Library Girl'
Chapter 18: What smile?
Chapter 19: A lie never felt so true
Chapter 20: Restless
Chapter 21: First move
Chapter 22: Goodbye...Damien
Chapter 23: Bitter truth
Chapter 24: A life changing kiss
Chapter 25: There's no 'we'
Chapter 26: Undeniable attraction
Chapter 27: Beginning of something
Chapter 28: Because I wanted to
Chapter 29: You silly girl!
Chapter 30: Liar liar pants on fire!
Chapter 31: Your Damien
Chapter 32: Her...friend
Chapter 33: Christmas dinner
Chapter 34: His territory
Chapter 35: Euphoria

Chapter 9: A stranger? A mystery?

330 17 0
Galing kay CrystalWings-

Cynthia's POV

"Damien..." I whispered.

Not wanting to look like some creep, I tried to look away but couldn't...I couldn't tear my eyes off him as he walked closer.

Wait. He's not actually coming towards me right?

Like to talk to me or something?

Is he coming to apologize for last night?

Did he finally come to the realisation that he was at fault?

Unknowingly, I licked my lower lip nervously as my breath fastened and heart raced just at the thought of him coming up to me...to apologize or to even talk.

But alas, he passed right by me as if he didn't even see me...as if I was completely invisible to him...as if I didn't exist to him.

Does he really has no remorse?

My subconscious laughed at me for being so foolish and naive to think that he's probably coming to talk to me...and what's even more foolish is that for a fleeting moment I thought that he's coming to apologize.

"Did you say something?" Bethany asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No. No. I didn't say anything" I replied quickly.

"But I think I heard you say 'Damien'..." She said frowning.

I sighed, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes for a moment.

"Where's Madi?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I haven't seen her since this morning" I added.

"She must be in class. Let's go" She replied as I nodded turning towards my right, entering our class.

"Do you know that Sean had a date last night..." Bethany blabbered and her words felt as if coming from far away as I zoned out of the conversation yet again.

Will I sound stupid if I say that I wanna go, talk to him?

Yeah you do sound stupid, my subconscious replied.

And is there any chance that I might sound a little less stupid if I say that I'm going to him to give him a piece of my mind?

Um yeah. No. My subconscious replied shortly.

I don't care what you think...I'm still gonna go and do what I feel like doing, I thought to myself while mentally nodding my head.

"Cyn. Come on let's get seated, our class is about to start" Bethany said, taking a seat beside Madison.

"Hey" Madison said slightly waving her hand at me.

"Um. I-I think I saw an old friend in the corridor..." I trailed off as both of them looked at me confused.

"I'll just go, say hi to him...I-I mean her" I added hesitantly.

"Cyn. Why are you acting so weird since this morning?" Bethany asked narrowing her eyes at me.

"Yeah. Come sit. Ma'am must be on her way" Madison said.

"I'll be back in a minute" I replied, quickly turning around, trying to escape their valid questions, only to bump into Miss Jones, our teacher who teaches us mathematics.

"And may I ask where exactly are you headed? Miss Miller" Miss Jones asked with a sharp look as I tried to think of some good excuse as to why I was skipping her class.

I mean telling her that I was on my way to teach some douchebag a lesson, obviously won't be a good idea.

"Um. Miss Jones. I have a really bad stomach ache...I need to go back home" I replied clutching my stomach.

"I think it's food poisoning or something" I added dramatically.

"Oh my dear. Sure. Please go home and rest. Also visit a doctor if necessary" Miss Jones said and for a second I was surprised at her soft, concerned voice.

But anyways the good thing is that she bought it.

Well I'm a great actress, aren't I?

"Thank you. Miss Jones" I replied in a low voice, making my way out quickly.

Where is he? I wondered while looking around in the empty hallways of my school.

What if he's already in his class?

And here I am like some stupid person skipping my classes and looking around for a guy who probably doesn't even knows my name.

Upon reaching the third floor, I stopped in my tracks to catch my breath and think for a second.

Like what am I even doing out here?

Skipping important classes...no this is not me.

And on top of that skipping important classes to go and see a guy...well that's definitely not me. I have never done something like this before.

Lying to my teacher with a straight face...what the hell am I even doing? I have never acted this way before.

Why is it suddenly so important to me to tell him that he was wrong last night...to explain myself to him...to be on good terms with him.

And who the hell is he anyways?

A stranger?

A mystery?

Or as I said earlier...a douchebag?

He treated me so bad last night and yet here I am...looking around for him...wanting to give him a chance to explain himself...a chance that he never even asked for.

What am I doing?

I sighed, closing my eyes, not knowing the answer to that question.

"What's wrong with me?" I questioned myself, taking a deep breath before opening my eyes and well...there he was, walking towards me while typing something on his phone.

Déjà vu much? My subconscious commented as my heart raced and I licked my lower lip nervously.

Well this exact incident took place a few minutes ago too...just on a different floor.

What am I gonna do?

What am I supposed to say?

Should I just flat out ask him to apologize?

And what makes you think that he will, my subconscious replied shaking her head at my foolishness.

Yeah right.

Why on earth would he apologize for something that he doesn't even feels guilty for.

But then again what the hell am I even doing here if I already knew that he doesn't feels bad about last night and there's no chance in hell that he's gonna apologize for the same.

I mean how do you even make someone realize that they did something bad and they should probably apologize for it?

Well if you didn't knew what exactly you were supposed to do then why did you came after him in the first place?

The small voice in my head questioned me yet again.

And as he walked closer, I snapped out of my thoughts and could literally feel my heart pounding against my ribs.

I sighed in relief as he passed by me, completely ignoring me just like he did earlier.

But why did I sigh in relief?

Why did I feel so relieved when he passed by me?

Yeah. Weren't you like 'I'm gonna teach him a lesson' a few minutes ago, my subconscious mocked me.

And now when he was finally in front of you, all you could do was lick your lip nervously, She added as I couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed.

Why do I get so nervous when he's around?

I mean he doesn't even spares me a look and yet I get all nervous with my heart racing at the speed of a bloody bullet train.

Well I have to go and talk to him...I have to do this...because if I don't then...

Well then I'll be ashamed at myself forever...for I bragged about teaching him a lesson but then when he was right in front of me, I couldn't even go up to him and talk.

I freaking chickened out!

I sighed, determined, before turning around and there goes all my courage flying out of the window into thin air as I stared at his retreating figure.

Yet somehow I managed to call him out.

"Damien..." My voice came out almost as a whisper.

But I guess he did hear me as he stopped for a moment before he started walking again and that move was enough to remind me how mad I was at him and that pumped me with courage.

"Damien!" I called out in a much louder voice as he just ignored me and turned towards the e-block.

And that just fueled my anger even more, so I kind of ran after him to catch up to him and just as he was about to enter his class, I grabbed his wrist.

And...I don't know why but I got a strange feeling...a feeling that I have never felt in my eighteen years of life.

A shiver ran down my spine as our skin made contact and I got distracted by it for a moment before snapping out of the trance.

"We need to talk" I said firmly as he just raised an eyebrow at me.

"Do you really don't know how to speak or are you just...well, Damien" I added sarcastically before sighing yet again and pulling him along with me into an empty classroom.

"The way you spoke to me last night was just simply rude, disrespectful and completely unnecessary..." I paused to see if my words had any impact on him or not.

But who was I kidding? His face remained the same...expressionless.

"I stayed up late in school yesterday to practice for the play and when I was just about to leave, I saw some smoke coming from the behind of a pillar and thought that it was caused by some fire" I continued.

"So just like the responsible student and citizen that I am, I decided to put out that fire but since I'm so so so fortunate..." I paused with some extra sarcasm in the end.

"The fire turned out to be you and your goddamn cigarette" I continued and waited patiently for his reaction or reply but I received none.

"You have no right to yell at me or treat me the way you treated me last night without any freaking valid reason" I said.

"And don't you dare think of me as if I'm some timid little girl who can't speak up for herself, who can't fight for herself if someone wrongs her" I continued.

"Because trust me I can and I will just like I'm doing right now..." I trailed off.

"I mean do you even know who my father is?" I added proudly but yet he seemed unfazed by whatever I said.

"Are you done?" He asked after a long, awkward moment of silence.

"Pretty much" I replied confidentiality as he just nodded his head slightly before bringing up our hands and it was only then that I realized that I was still holding his wrist.

"Don't ever do this again" He said in a calm low voice, inching closer to me and looking into my eyes for a brief moment before getting his wrist free from my grip and walking out.

I let out a heavy breath and only then I realized that I have been holding it.

Well...

What just happened?

•••

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

24.3M 1.1M 61
Now available in paperback! "I LOVE IT!" - CarniaHolmes "I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face," Carter said. She pointed...
922 149 23
"Dear Heart, Why HIM?" . Skyla Elliot is your typical tomboy with many friends who are boys but no boyfriend. She has just transferred to a new schoo...
296 66 39
This story is about a girl who had a crush on a boy in her class, having him tease her consistently, to having him want her forever. As it goes, love...
3.1K 152 42
1st story she never had a first kiss...he never tried to give her.. she loved him. He loved her but kept just a small secret. It was a very...